YCM Grand Pokémon Tournament 4

Flash Flyer - Sakura

• Replies 214
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Anyway, final matches are up; and that one hypothetical Agro wanted to see.

Updated list:

Myself: Espeon / Latias / Latios / Lucario

Zextra: Milotic / Lapras

Nai: Altaria

Yin: Houndoom / Giratina

Flame Dragon: Charizard

UE: Hydreigon / Vaporeon

Cow: Miltank

British: Umbreon / Feraligatr

RAEG: Salamence

Tinkerer: Shuckle

Mugen: Infernape

Night: Darkrai

Pikachu: Pikachu (duh, it makes sense)

Striker: Golduck / Farfetch'd / Ducklett

J-Max: Eevee

.Rai: Arcanine

evilfusion: Zekrom

ihop: Dragonite (how did I miss this)

Armz: Drifblim / Drifloon (I think he mentioned this at one point)

Agro: Flygon / Gallade

Technically speaking, I'm not the one who created the GPT; DarkLink (DL) initially began it, and then I expanded it through GPT 2-4.

But yeah, it might be good for a change (even though I will have all the time I want after Thursday to host things during summer).

Well, not exactly all of the time I want, but certainly a lot more than I would've had during the school year.

I don't mind switching it every other tournament; remember that this isn't something that should have solely my name on it (although DL technically still has some attribution to this).

(I more/less have the SCS stuff in Custom Cards and the CC monthly)

Then again, I recall Nai wanting to help co-host this thing, but it didn't happen due to lack of communication.

---

Although you can always drop it to 64 Pokes if you think 128 will be a pain in the neck.

Or conversely, higher if you think it'll work out better for members.

DL's one was 72 Pokes and 3 rounds (First two were 3P, then 2P for the rest of things. I think 3-4 rounds)

Mine are 128 and 7 rounds (causes a lot of threads to show up, but indeed it allows for more choices).

Well, the tournament is over and the overall winner is...Zigzagoon.

Because the end of the tournament falls on the eve of another exam, not going to do an overall ranking thing right now.

Rather, I'll leave this open for a day or so for general discussion and all that.

(And now that the tournament is over, now we can have that HM Pokemon battle)

You can run the next one concurrently, UE (meaning you and British can run both your tournaments if you so choose)

There's no problem with it, provided you tag them.

(I'll take GPT 6 once you finish; although I'm more than willing to do the logo for GPT 5 if you want)

I will admit this is pretty great of a way to end it. And it was dang close too. Zigzagoon in the Hall of Fame, good stuff.

Yeah, it was very close.

Fine, do whatever you need to do.

Anyway, I'm not going to do the overall Type thing; you guys can likely figure it out from the match pairings.

(Need to update it, but you all know how things ended)

---

UE, if you want the older YCM logo, then PM me since I have a copy of it (and likely you do not, since you joined after YCM switched over).

Archived