YCM Grand Pokémon Tournament 4

Flash Flyer - Sakura

You did realize the logo this time was of you and me (in Pokémon form, right?)

I noted earlier that as much as Nai should've been in there (if we wanted the current CC team up), wouldn't work.

(Then again, it represents the glory days of YCM to some extent)

With that in mind, I think nominations are closed at this point. [Should make sure there are no duplicates]

And no RNG goddess fillers.

---

As for matches, I'll throw them into the RNG and see what comes up.

Though things will get crowded after a while, but tagging shouldn't be a problem. 

Then again, I never said that I'd start things the moment the 128 cap was reached.

• Replies 214
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well I'm only on Round one (3 days each wave of matches) But in about 5 hours I'll be posting the last 8 of Round one.

After that I can go down to 4 matches at a time, to make things less messy.

So there will be 8 matches up for the next three days.

I think it should be fine as long as you don't post too many matches at once.

I'm going to try posting 4 every other day; so tomorrow I post the first set, then on Friday, second set and so on.

Even if things get crowded, the tags should help to find any of the tournaments in yours and whichever.

Just be glad that they aren't 1v1 style all the way, because things would REALLY get spammy in preliminaries.

Are these matches only one goes through? Or two, like last time?

Same as usual.

Rounds 1-2 have the top 2 finishers advance.

Rounds 3 and beyond are standard 1v1 things.

(Obviously ties are factored)

Basically, the first two is to compensate for having to put 4 competitors per match, as opposed to going 1v1 the whole way.

Though that might've made my life easier, had we decided for 170 participants.

---

Also I didn't nominate Arcanine this time, damn it!

(Oh well, I suppose Keldeo or one of the other nominations can take on the role of being Argentine Spanish. Just hope I don't tick Mugen off with whatever lines they say.)

One thing I will be reviving like in the previous tournament is my "Kill list". For those who don't know, it will be active whenever one of my nominations is eliminated.

I know it probs won't happen, but hopefully one of my nominations makes it through to the final. (The best I've had is 3rd; Feraligatr in YGPT2)

I still have my kill list, and yeah the moment one of my nominations dies; it goes into effect.

And last tournament, Vaporeon was on it until the end (since round 2).

I'm still proud of Arcanine being runner-up though in last tournament (and my two remaining legendaries, Latios/Xerneas taking home bronze); hopefully we get a repeat of that.

Or at least get past Round 5.

What, only to be beaten by Sudowoodo?

Fuck no, it got beaten in R1 of GPT3 by Sceptile and Swampert.

Though in GPT2, it was beaten by Dragonite in the semis.

(and my two remaining legendaries, Latios/Xerneas taking home bronze);

You wouldn't want Volcarona to hear that if you know what I mean. He already killed one reporter, lel.

Speaking of, is there going to be a bronze medal match this time round?

Also, I know some members have pokemon that they're associated with, can I have Salamence as my associated pokemon? (Although I would also associate myself with Feraligatr and Umbreon)

Fuck no, it got beaten in R1 of GPT3 by Sceptile and Swampert.

Though in GPT2, it was beaten by Dragonite in the semis.

You wouldn't want Volcarona to hear that if you know what I mean. He already killed one reporter, lel.

Speaking of, is there going to be a bronze medal match this time round?

Also, I know some members have pokemon that they're associated with, can I have Salamence as my associated pokemon? (Although I would also associate myself with Feraligatr and Umbreon)

Yeah, you can be associated with Salamence and the other two.

Then again, I have Espeon and my two Eons.

Zextra is Milotic, Nai (or whatever name he decides to use) is Altaria.

(As far as the GPT4 logo is concerned, it's Zextra and myself together. Makes sense because I've known him A LOT longer than Nai.)

As for Volcarona, I'll just have my Tyranitar (or Terrakion) Stone Edge the hell out of him if he dares to cause problems. Also remember that I hate moths, so wouldn't care if it gets destroyed.

---

Depending on circumstances, we might have a bronze match; or if I'm too lazy to do it, whoever loses Round 6 is automatically bronze.

Archived