YCM Grand Pokémon Tournament 4

Flash Flyer - Sakura

To be honest, if anyone is associated with Salamence it'd probably be Raeg dontcha think?

That's true, in that case I call dibs to be associated with Feraligatr and Umbreon then.

I meant that one of your nominations will get to the final this time and get beaten by a Sudowoodo, nominated by me.

Fuck no, I don't want anything of mine to lose to an imitated tree.

Yeah, you can be associated with Salamence and the other two.

I already agreed with Cow that Salamence is associated with Raeg (Given that its on his avi and all)

So it's just Feraligatr and Umbeon

As for Volcarona, I'll just have my Tyranitar (or Terrakion) Stone Edge the hell out of him if he dares to cause problems. Also remember that I hate moths, so wouldn't care if it gets destroyed.

---

Depending on circumstances, we might have a bronze match; or if I'm too lazy to do it, whoever loses Round 6 is automatically bronze.

I wouldn't be surprised if it tried to fight back with Bug Buzz (Tyranitar is part dark after all)

---

Fair enough then.

• Replies 214
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm already associated with both Eons and Espeon, so I don't have a problem there.

However, they are their own distinct entities; not me trying to RP as them (which I might consider if the opportunity arises in the section).

Here's a list of members + Pokémon that we associate them with:

Myself: Espeon / Latias / Latios / Lucario

Zextra: Milotic

Nai: Altaria

Yin: Houndoom / Giratina

Flame Dragon: Charizard

UE: Hydreigon / Vaporeon (maybe)

Cow: Miltank (it's the only cow in here)

British: Umbreon / Feraligatr

RAEG: Salamence

Tinkerer: Shuckle

Mugen: Infernape

Night: Darkrai

Pikachu: Pikachu (duh, it makes sense)

Striker: Golduck / Porygon-Z

J-Max: Eevee

Anyway, batch 2 of the R1 matches are up. 

Right now, Nai's been featured in batch 1 and Zex got this one. 

Rest assured that I will be making my appearance soon. 

Xerneas is basically an opening act for me right now. 

----

As for the post count stuff, .Rai is looking into things like I noted on Match 1-7, so be patient. 

Remember that his word is final on whether this section stays post count-less or not. 

I only have the version mascots of XY from nominations thus far; the other ones will surely make their appearance later.

If I do any IC things, remember that Latios/Xerneas are still going to use Japanese text (based on Google and my knowledge of language + class things; look at the previous tournament). Xerneas uses formal; Latios uses male-oriented things like most protagonists.

Latias will also use some Japanese (but definitely female-oriented).

Keldeo will probably fill in Arcanine's role and use the voseo form for their lines; it'll be the Argentina form though, because that's the variant that I had to learn in college.

Should be adept at it enough that I don't upset Mugen when it gets used (because I know it's used in his country, but instructor is also from there, so...), but should be easy enough to deal with.

I'll omit other details about it.

Other nominations will most likely use English (though some regional dialects might be present).

----

The first six matches end in a hour/half, and appears that some Pokes in particular are getting a one-way pass to some kill lists.

I'm losing two nominations for sure, as 3 of them are in one match. Other than that, two other nominations are up of mine, one is I think in danger and the other is not as much. It's quite interesting.

Course I never have a "Kill list" but as the one taking out a couple of my nominations is a Pokemon I was never fond of (Blaziken) well let's just say it works out.

I didn't keep a record of which ones are yours (well, I don't remember off the top of my head); but yeah it sucks if multiples of your nominations are in same match.

That being said, I might as well lock the others already; since after 2 days, contests are technically dead.

Basically use 3 days for any last-minute voters.

Would it have made a difference if I had indeed let the match run its course and end at 10 pm; rather than locking it an hour early because things were dead?

That much, I probably can't say.

But that being said, Vaporeon's basically on my hit list again (though you can probably attribute it to showing up Hydreigon...once more).

As of now, Lilligant and Dunsparce might be landing a spot in my bingo book of threats (AKA my kill list) if things go as they are; but right now Xerneas is tied for 2nd.

Basically a list of Pokes that we are not voting for under any circumstances in the further rounds.

Once a Poke dies, it goes off.

Consider it as a hit list of sorts for this tournament; one soaked in revenge and stuff.

Or using Naruto terminology, a bingo book.

---

Some members have them for their nominations; others don't.

We'll see if Nai loses next round (or if he survives longer); but that won't happen for a while, not until R1 clears up.

(But yeah, he had 6 more slots but just had to fill them up with Altaria)

I probably regret naming mine Risanai now; but I can go change its name to something else. Hell, I can just rename them after Lisia.

That being said, if Zex loses his match, things will not be pretty.

So far, he's winning; which is very good.

I should be making an appearance on Monday though; looking at the matchups. 

Batch 3 is up with the next 5 fights.

B1 = 6

B2 = 5

B3 = 5

Next one will have a full 6, and last two batches are 5 matches.

That'll make all 32 matches.

--

And like I promised, my spirit Pokémon makes her debut.

Keep in mind that I have two more, however. (Latios and Espeon)

Also keep in mind that starting from match 12 onwards, the prelims are 2 days each; because stuff usually dies out by then, and basically dead when I end them.

Anyway, British takes the top gear as he advances to Round 2 (as Feraligatr)...

@Bolded: I see what you did there.

And I can confirm that I managed to get an interview with him after the match.

Feraligatr: Well, I'm glad I managed to get further here than I did in YGPT3, nad I will aim for the championship.

On another note, I'm glad Dragalge went out.

Archived