+ Card Contest Points Thread +

CC#1 (10 Entrants Total): http://forum.yugiohcardmaker.net/topic/348040-everybody-hates-pendulums-judging-completed/

CC#2 (8 Entrants Total): http://forum.yugiohcardmaker.net/topic/349951-ym-cc2-re-post-due-to-glitch-judging-completed/

Black also Judged my CC#2, so should he be awarded any points?

CC#2 is the one with the glitch that I had to re-post in order to accept further entries, since Page 2 and beyond were broken. Also, I was one of the earlier ones that earned the CC Judge tag at Lvl. 3, so do I have to re-take that exam in order to be rewarded? Also, what about people who requested entry, but didn't submit their entry in time for judging? Are they counted (1 person in CC#1 posted to enter, but never submitted their entry in time for the competition)? Are the competitions I'm requesting points for going to use the old form, since I have the CC Judge tag, or the new form being announced?

I know about CC#2 and the glitch, so don't worry. 

1. If you already took the test when it was an official thing, you don't need to retake the new test for benefits. Whatever's printed on the OP at present is what you're getting. 

2. If a member submitted an entry and you have graded it, then they count. 

3. For these two contests, you will get the OP amounts, but for the future, I have not decided yet. If you have gotten ranked for these contests at any time before April 5th, your rank will still be recognized; new system may incorporate that to an extent to show that the exams you did take in the past weren't a waste of your time.

4. General rule is that members have to post in here if they want note of their judging/hosting endeavors to be rewarded. Though, I trust Black's judgment on the cards and will award him points anyway. 

We know, Striker, but that only works if people want to be part of CGA. 

I know about CC#2 and the glitch, so don't worry. 

1. If you already took the test when it was an official thing, you don't need to retake the new test for benefits. Whatever's printed on the OP at present is what you're getting. 

2. If a member submitted an entry and you have graded it, then they count. 

3. For these two contests, you will get the OP amounts, but for the future, I have not decided yet. If you have gotten ranked for these contests at any time before April 5th, your rank will still be recognized; new system may incorporate that to an extent to show that the exams you did take in the past weren't a waste of your time.

4. General rule is that members have to post in here if they want note of their judging/hosting endeavors to be rewarded. Though, I trust Black's judgment on the cards and will award him points anyway. 

We know, Striker, but that only works if people want to be part of CGA. 

So, based on that, I should be earning the following, right?

CC#1: 1500PT x 10 = 15,000PT

CC#2: 1500PT x 8 = 12,500PT

That's based on the judging section, which I'm not sure if there is also more points accumulated based on hosting. Do you gain points for both hosting and judging the tournament you hosted? If that's the case, I also earned these points:

CC#1: 900PT x 10 = 9,000PT

CC#2: 900PT x 8 = 9,000PT

Total (w/o Hosting): 27,500PT

Total (w/ Hosting): 45,500PT

(I guess the judging criteria really did pay off. Sweet!)

Come see me in a month after your contest completes; by then, new scale should be up.

As for Yugster, it's either one or the other now (but that's still amounting to a ton of points in the long run otherwise). Just going to award you the higher of the two amounts (which is the judging thing). For future reference, there will be a time limit as to when you can redeem contests; much like the regular CC redemptions are.

Come see me in a month after your contest completes; by then, new scale should be up.

As for Yugster, it's either one or the other now (but that's still amounting to a ton of points in the long run otherwise). Just going to award you the higher of the two amounts (which is the judging thing). For future reference, there will be a time limit as to when you can redeem contests; much like the regular CC redemptions are.

Thanks, that'd be much appreciated!

• 1 month later...

You know; you didn't have to withdraw your judging.

But anyway, since you did grade the entries, you'll be awarded points. (In the future, have Dova and Yugster post in here too if they'd like a redemption).

----

Would also be a good time to announce the new award system now that it no longer relies on a test. I had it prepared, but didn't have the time to post it.

You will be eligible for up to 1200 points/member who submitted an entry, depending on the quality of the scoring (basically, if you graded accurately and provided adequate reasoning; similar to how CC redemption stuff runs). On that note, I still need to award some points in Advanced.

You'll get a PM with the point totals when I get done reading.

But anyway, since you did grade the entries, you'll be awarded points. (In the future, have Dova and Yugster post in here too if they'd like a redemption).

----

Would also be a good time to announce the new award system now that it no longer relies on a test. I had it prepared, but didn't have the time to post it.

You will be eligible for up to 1200 points/member who submitted an entry, depending on the quality of the scoring (basically, if you graded accurately and provided adequate reasoning; similar to how CC redemption stuff runs). On that note, I still need to award some points in Advanced.

So it'll be applied after this competition? Interested to see the updated rubric, when should it be up?

----

This makes my offerings in CGA small by comparison. Whelp, back to the drawing board for compensation. Thanks Sakura.

@Yugster: It will apply for this contest, so you, Yuuji and Dova will be awarded based on this new scale. I'll award yours cumulatively with the CC redemption stuff. 

Then again, I had to disconnect the CC Judge thing from the point thing (though there's something in here to make that group not worthless). 

• 5 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

Archived