Elemental Rulers

BtanH

So, Elemental Dragons were a pretty enormous failure by Konami.
However, the idea was pretty interesting. So I made something of my own.
I also blatantly stole their names.

Blaster, Elemental Ruler of Infernos
Level 6, FIRE, Pyro, 2400/1800
If this card is in your hand or Graveyard: You can banish 2 FIRE monsters from your Graveyard; Special Summon this card. You can banish 1 FIRE monster from your Graveyard, then target 1 monster your opponent controls; destroy that target. You can only use 1 effect of ~ per turn, and only once that turn. You can only control 1 ~.

Redox, Elemental Ruler of Boulders
Level 6, EARTH, Rock, 2400/1800
If this card is in your hand or Graveyard: You can banish 2 EARTH monsters from your Graveyard; Special Summon this card. You can banish 1 EARTH monster in your Graveyard, then target 1 Level 4 or lower monster in either player's Graveyard; Special Summon that target. You can only use 1 effect of ~ per turn, and only once that turn. You can only control 1 ~.

Tidal, Elemental Ruler of Waterfalls
Level 6, WATER, Aqua, 2400/1800
If this card is in your hand or Graveyard: You can banish 2 WATER monsters from your Graveyard; Special Summon this card. You can banish 1 WATER monster from your Graveyard: Your opponent discards 1 card. You can only use 1 effect of ~ per turn, and only once that turn. You can only control 1 ~.

Tempest, Elemental Ruler of Storms
Level 6, WIND, Thunder, 2400/1800
If this card is in your hand or Graveyard: You can banish 2 WIND monsters from your Graveyard; Special Summon this card. You can banish 1 WIND monster from your Graveyard, then target 1 Spell/Trap Card your opponent controls; destroy that target. You can only use 1 effect of ~ per turn, and only once that turn. You can only control 1 ~.

Each of these effects are based on their respective Elemental Lord, but toned down.

EDIT - made effects useable once per turn, with a small cost. (Note you cant activate the effect the turn they are summoned). If they prove to be too strong, I'm happy to up the cost to 2 monsters.

I am definitely down for new names. I just put those in as placeholders tbh.

Anything about their effects you'd like to see be a little different?
They should probably be a little strong tbh.

I'd like to keep their stats consistent, because thats what the Elemental Lords did, and because I dont want any Attribute to get shafted with a terrible stat monster (lol redox).

Shouldn't the WIND one be Thunder-Type to remain consistent with the elemental types (see Gem-Knights)?

Their effects look fine so far: require big grave setup and need to wait and survive a turn for access to their 2nd effects.

By the way, the first effect/summoning condition appears to be mandatory. Was this intended?

I will throw an OCG fix even if you are not asking for it. I'm assuming the summoning condition isn't mandatory, and also is an effect, or otherwise the last clause would be pointless, and the second effect targets for balance purposes.

FIRE:

If this card is in your hand or Graveyard: You can banish 2 FIRE monsters from your Graveyard; Special Summon this card. You can banish 1 FIRE monster from your Graveyard, then target 1 monster your opponent controls; destroy that target. You can only use 1 effect of ~ per turn, and only once that turn. You can only control 1 ~.

EARTH:

f this card is in your hand or Graveyard: You can banish 2 EARTH monsters from your Graveyard; Special Summon this card. You can banish 1 EARTH monster in your Graveyard, then target 1 Level 4 or lower monster in either player's Graveyard; Special Summon that target. You can only use 1 effect of ~ per turn, and only once that turn. You can only control 1 ~.

WATER:

If this card is in your hand or Graveyard: You can banish 2 WATER monsters from your Graveyard; Special Summon this card. You can banish 1 WATER monster from your Graveyard: Discard 1 card from your opponent's hand. You can only use 1 effect of ~ per turn, and only once that turn. You can only control 1 ~.

WIND:

If this card is in your hand or Graveyard: You can banish 2 WIND monsters from your Graveyard; Special Summon this card. You can banish 1 WIND monster from your Graveyard, then target 1 Spell/Trap Card your opponent controls; destroy that target. You can only use 1 effect of ~ per turn, and only once that turn. You can only control 1 ~.

The types of the big elemental Lords are Dinosaur, Beast-Warrior, Sea Serpent and Winged Beast, so I wouldn't say they are related (but BtanH already settled with the "Gem-Knight" theme so it doesn't matter anymore).

And I took Moulinglacia as reference for the discard effect:

When this card is Special Summoned: Discard 2 random cards from your opponent's hand (or their entire hand, if less than 2).

You could add the word "random" to the discard effect I initially suggested.

Actually, I can't remember how the original version was, so just pick whichever you prefer: choose and discard the card yourself randomly (this version being more loyal to Mounlinglacia's effect), or let the opponent discard the card he/she desires.

Random discard is quite a bit more powerful than letting the opponent discard. I feel that the latter is definitely more on parity with the intended power level of the cards.

Regardless, you would need "at random" somewhere in the clause to signify discarding at random.

Archived