Welcome to Yugioh Card Maker Forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account
Photo

Xeno Armor: Proxy Wars [OOC/Not Started/Accepting][Pg-16]

- - - - - Mecha A Kio certified rp Action anime-esqu

Necrobump!

Guest, the last post on this topic is over 30 days old and a new post will be considered as necrobumping!

• Please log in to reply
17 replies to this topic

Yosuke-kun

Yosuke-kun

Don't beg for things. Do it yourself, or get nothing.

• Advanced Members
  • 1,661 posts
    Last Visit Mar 20 2018 06:49 AM

Opening Theme ~Inner Universe~

Ending Theme ~Yuukyou Seishunka~

Will get a banner up... you know eventually...

Timeline

Plot

Xeno Armor

Rules

Races

Character Apps

Cast

I know there's already a mecha themed rp here, but after looking at it, I think mine's different enough to stand apart.

tumblr_liqrltNW5G1qb7lmq.jpg

3DS Friend Code 5215 - 2130 - 7893
I need a Ditto Safari .3.

BANZAI!!!!

BANZAI!!!!

BOOOM!

• Elite Members
  • 1,629 posts
    Last Visit Sep 14 2018 04:35 PM
  • Discord:Zai#7925
  • Alias:Zai
  • Spouse:Kate

Mecha hunger games. Neat.

I've got a few questions regarding things, as well as a couple of pointers seeing as how I'm running another Mecha rp on the site. Considering making an app.

First and foremost, what is a Xeno Armor exactly? As in: How large are they generally (for instance Knightmare frames from Geass are usually 4-6 meters tall, and Mobile suits range from 15 to 22 meters in height depending on universe and time period)? What sorts of weapons do they typically carry (do laser/beam weapons exist? remote weapons? Do they carry melee weapons? if so what do they consist of usually?)? In a more gneral sense, how powerful is the average Xeno Armor unit? can it level a city, is it more like a walking tank? etc. It would probably help any potential participants if you had mecha profiles of some kind so that we know what the mass-produced models look like and are capable of, and it would also give us a better idea of how to write the combat.

Second, I don't see any point in a mecha rp where participants are not allowed to choose and or design their own machines. What's the fun in having an rp with mecha involved if an applicant isn't allowed to have their character use something that appeals to their own personal tastes? Instead we're forced to write our characters in such a way that they will be arbitrarily given equipment based on... what i assume is whatever skillset they may have. If that's the case, then what are the advantages of playing a normal human or a beast-kin, since they don't make good pilots. On the flip side of that, why is there any reason that I shouldn't create a character with absolutely superior skills/piloting ability in order for them to be given advanced enough gear to have an impact. In short, I see some very heavy character balancing issues here.

That said, assuming I'm going to play ball with the concept, I have a few questions. How do we know what our characters do and do not receive when we apply? I can't very well write a mass-produced Xeno Armor ( or any sort of weapon for that matter) into my app if i have no idea what it does/looks like or which my character is receiving in the first place, if any, and I'm not allowed to create my own machine from scratch. In addition to that, are there any advantages to playing a character who does not pilot a Xeno Armor? If not, then why bother allowing it to be an option?

I'd suggest you add more detailed information regarding the mecha and what sort of equipment our characters are eligible to receive in general in order to give myself and anyone else a more clear picture of what we should/should not do. More info on the Warzone might also be a help.

Posted Image

Dad

Dad

I was just hoping you know.

• Juice

• 14,671 posts
    Last Visit Today, 10:34 PM
  • Discord:Pops#5515
  • Alias:Dad
  • Spouse:Hip-hop

This plot is pretty different, but I also have a few questions.  While logically I understand that in the future a lot has happened over the course of many wars, could you explain Beast-Kin and Ogres?  Thematically, they don't really have a place.  Cyborgs are great!  I think that's the most exciting part.  But, even as NPCs Beast-Kin and Ogres are very odd, and are a bit off putting.  Are there some unique traits that these classes would receive, persuading me to avoid a normal human character?  I'd love more information.

Also, other than general survival, what is the incentive to use the Xeno armor?  I'm to understand it's the center of the rp, yes?  Being a mech rp and all.  Could you provide a bit more about them?  Is a human character nimble enough to run them around in circles?  Or is that a certain death?

That's about it.  I do wish you luck!

Yosuke-kun

Yosuke-kun

• Topic Starter
  • Advanced Members
  • 1,661 posts

First and foremost, what is a Xeno Armor exactly? As in: How large are they generally (for instance Knightmare frames from Geass are usually 4-6 meters tall, and Mobile suits range from 15 to 22 meters in height depending on universe and time period)? What sorts of weapons do they typically carry (do laser/beam weapons exist? remote weapons? Do they carry melee weapons? if so what do they consist of usually?)? In a more gneral sense, how powerful is the average Xeno Armor unit? can it level a city, is it more like a walking tank? etc. It would probably help any potential participants if you had mecha profiles of some kind so that we know what the mass-produced models look like and are capable of, and it would also give us a better idea of how to write the combat.

Second, I don't see any point in a mecha rp where participants are not allowed to choose and or design their own machines. What's the fun in having an rp with mecha involved if an applicant isn't allowed to have their character use something that appeals to their own personal tastes? Instead we're forced to write our characters in such a way that they will be arbitrarily given equipment based on... what i assume is whatever skillset they may have. If that's the case, then what are the advantages of playing a normal human or a beast-kin, since they don't make good pilots. On the flip side of that, why is there any reason that I shouldn't create a character with absolutely superior skills/piloting ability in order for them to be given advanced enough gear to have an impact. In short, I see some very heavy character balancing issues here.

That said, assuming I'm going to play ball with the concept, I have a few questions. How do we know what our characters do and do not receive when we apply? I can't very well write a mass-produced Xeno Armor ( or any sort of weapon for that matter) into my app if i have no idea what it does/looks like or which my character is receiving in the first place, if any, and I'm not allowed to create my own machine from scratch. In addition to that, are there any advantages to playing a character who does not pilot a Xeno Armor? If not, then why bother allowing it to be an option?

I'd suggest you add more detailed information regarding the mecha and what sort of equipment our characters are eligible to receive in general in order to give myself and anyone else a more clear picture of what we should/should not do. More info on the Warzone might also be a help.

Yeah I knew I shoulda added an extra tab to explain Xeno Armor in depth. Curse my earlier laziness. I'll add it to the opening post too when I don't feel as great a need to procrastinate, but Xeno Armor's are kinda like a mix between a Knightmare Frame and an Armored Core. If I had to spit ball, I'd say that they're about 7  meter's tall on average, but I'm absolutely horrible at scaling like this. Most if not all are not enough to level a city on their own, but since they're more mobile then a tank and can pretty easily avoid jet fire, they're the preferred weapon here. As for models, they can range anywhere from a walking tank like what you suggested to a vastly more mobile Gundam-eqsue super robot. Each one is equipped with a melee weapon as well as High Tension Rappel Cables, and they CAN have beam weaponry. That being said, I'm not really that big a fan of it in the first place, so I'd say beam sabers are either non-existent or less used at the most. Partly because it doesn't make sense to me to spend more money on making a beam melee weapon when a High Frequency blade cuts just as well, has no arbitrary ammo or energy count, and costs substantially less. So yeah beam sabers are in there, but why would you use them when the alternative in just as powerful, costs way less, and is twice as efficient?

I'm kind of against full laser weapons too, since I prefer the use of bullets (I just think that a fight between guys shooting guns looks and sounds cooler then a fight between guys shooting zappy lasers) but I can't justify having laser weapons exist and then saying "but don't use them because they're stupid" and I don't mind if a mecha has some laser weaponry. Gundam Wing style beam cannon's are gonna be a no though. I might change my mind on this later down the road, but for now I don't want any weapons capable of vaporizing the whole of an army in one shot to be floating around on any side. Control wise, it's your standard mecha control system, but I'm going to add that each Xeno Armor ALSO has wheels in there feet similar to Knightmare Frames, but they're geared for multi directional movement so you don't have to worry about being caught moving in a vertical line. These wheels need to be deployed though, since otherwise Xeno Armor would be stumbling and falling all over themselves far too often to be effective.

As for Xeno Armor design, I DO plan on having everyone get custom ones, I just initially wanted a few people to spend time in a shitwalker or a Zaku first. Also it doesn't make a whole lot of sense for a company to say "Here's this mullti-billion dollar one of a kind destruction machine untested beginner child now go have fun" unless they really proved they deserved it, and there's little to no way I can see anyone justifying why they would have a Xeno Armor prior to this OR why they would be able to take it with them. Hence why the sponsorship was a thing. You're right that having a custom mecha is the best part of it, but in this one I can't find a reasonable excuse as to why people should just start with one rather then having to work for it. Having said this, I'm not just going to be like "This character sucks therefor you get mass produced shitwalker" I will be fair about it. Once you get clearance though, you add the Xeno Armor plus any equipment you get to your original character app and I'll update it.

This plot is pretty different, but I also have a few questions.  While logically I understand that in the future a lot has happened over the course of many wars, could you explain Beast-Kin and Ogres?  Thematically, they don't really have a place.  Cyborgs are great!  I think that's the most exciting part.  But, even as NPCs Beast-Kin and Ogres are very odd, and are a bit off putting.  Are there some unique traits that these classes would receive, persuading me to avoid a normal human character?  I'd love more information.

Also, other than general survival, what is the incentive to use the Xeno armor?  I'm to understand it's the center of the rp, yes?  Being a mech rp and all.  Could you provide a bit more about them?  Is a human character nimble enough to run them around in circles?  Or is that a certain death?

That's about it.  I do wish you luck!

Probably should have been more clear on the uses of each race. Thematically you're right, Ogre's and Beast-kin don't really fit too well in the rest of the world. The only reason I put them in was because I wanted some cliche anime/sci-fi bullshit in it and figured it didn't get more anime then cat girls and couldn't get anymore sci-fi then overly irradiated super mutants. Still, you DO kinda need an incentive to want to play them other then campy bullshit. So I'll go into further detail.

Humans: Pretty much a balance of every race. Decent in every area, but not really amazing in right off the bat. Think of playing one of these like playing the RP in hardmode is essentially what I was going for.

Coordinators: Leaving these as is, since they're supposed to be a bit better then the other races. Like I said they're basically Newtype master races.

Beast-kin: When I said they had higher physical capabilities, I meant they were quicker and stronger. A good opportunity to answer the question about whether going up against a Xeno Armor while your on the ground, well, if you have RPG's or other Anti-Xeno weapons, then it's plausible, but not really recommended. Unless you're a Beast-kin at least, in which you're quick enough to avoid attacks from Xeno Armors, get on the Xeno Armor, and disable it or even hijack it. Obviously this won't work on higher powered Xeno Armors, but it'll help against the mass produced models.

Cyborgs: I think the benefits are fairly self-explanitory, but just in case, they're slightly more immune to bullets then other races, and due to cybernetic enhancements are pretty decent hackers too.

Ogre's: Really not much to be said. They're dumb as hell, but they can crush your skull with their barehands if you tell them that.

• Dad likes this

Yosuke-kun

Yosuke-kun

• Topic Starter
  • Advanced Members
  • 1,661 posts

Mkay. I edited the main post to include fairly detailed information on Xeno Armor as well as added more details on some of the races. Hope that helps a bit more. Let me know if there's still anything I need to answer.

(🕷️)

(🕷️)

Spectacular

• Ace Investigator
  • 7,215 posts
    Last Visit Today, 05:58 PM
  • Alias:(parenthesis)
  • Spouse:cinnamon
I MISSED YOU SO. IN.

Yosuke-kun

Yosuke-kun

• Topic Starter
  • Advanced Members
  • 1,661 posts

I MISSED YOU SO. IN.

Thanks but I really gotta ask at this point:

Who were you? ^^" I don't really remember too many people from before I left.

(🕷️)

(🕷️)

Spectacular

• Ace Investigator
  • 7,215 posts
    Last Visit Today, 05:58 PM
  • Alias:(parenthesis)
  • Spouse:cinnamon

Twas Flufflepuff. 

as for the mechs, would this be suitable?

Yosuke-kun

Yosuke-kun

• Topic Starter
  • Advanced Members
  • 1,661 posts

The overall design is fine, except that the wheels can't be deployed at will. So it's gonna have a bit of trouble with mobility. There's also little chance that you'll start with it as I mentioned before.

Tinkerer Bartholomew Melon

The Aloof One

• Elite Members
  • 4,378 posts
    Last Visit Today, 06:53 PM
  • Alias:Tinkerer
Noting interest.
Hello, fine peoples!

Oh hey, something notable I guess

Yosuke-kun

Yosuke-kun

• Topic Starter
  • Advanced Members
  • 1,661 posts

Anything that you need answered? I really feel like I forgot to add something in the main thread still.

The Aloof One

• Elite Members
  • 4,378 posts
    Last Visit Today, 06:53 PM
  • Alias:Tinkerer
Am I right in the assumption that the mass-produced Xenos are of the combat frame variety or are they all types?

Also, do you start with any possessions?
Hello, fine peoples!

Oh hey, something notable I guess

Yosuke-kun

Yosuke-kun

• Topic Starter
  • Advanced Members
  • 1,661 posts

Mostly they're Combat or Naval Frames. The technology for creating Aerial Frames is still kinda tricky so they only really make a few of them and they're usually reserved for high rank military officers or people who special order. Some companies will offer them as Sponsorship though.

Yosuke-kun

Yosuke-kun

• Topic Starter
  • Advanced Members
  • 1,661 posts

Hmmmmm gonna give this a few days to see if anything comes from it. Otherwise I'm just gonna assume nobody is interested and move on.

Yosuke-kun

Yosuke-kun

• Topic Starter
  • Advanced Members
  • 1,661 posts

Well this seems to be going nowhere fast. I'll gve it one more day before locking it

Yami Zero

Yami Zero

• Members
  • 60 posts
    Last Visit Dec 23 2017 06:21 PM

Hey is this ok for a Xeno Armor?

XenoArmor

I am the incarnation of life and death. I am the Fallen Angel that takes the dead to Hell!

Yosuke-kun

Yosuke-kun

• Topic Starter
  • Advanced Members
  • 1,661 posts

Yeah but I don't think that this is going to get anywhere.

Yami Zero

Yami Zero

• Members
  • 60 posts
    Last Visit Dec 23 2017 06:21 PM

oh that's too bad I really would have loved to join this! xD I even made a form I didnt post

I am the incarnation of life and death. I am the Fallen Angel that takes the dead to Hell!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users