Crazy Stapler - End Phase Heavy Storm, anyone?

Arhionvar

I've decided to create a card that uses Limited and Semi-Limited Spell/Trap cards for fuel. This card's effect will change over time as cards become Limited and Semi-Limited. I don't think the effect is all that overpowered as it requires 2 "staple" Spell/Trap cards as fodder. Anyway, here it is: Crazy Stapler!

9aVUWSq.jpg

[spoiler=Effect]

Send 2 Limited Spell/Trap cards from your hand to the Graveyard; activate 1 of these effects.
•Discard all cards in your opponent's hand, and if you do, you can add 1 Semi-Limited Spell/Trap card from your Deck to your hand.
•Destroy all Spell/Trap cards on the field, and if you do, you can add 1 Semi-Limited Spell/Trap card from your Graveyard to your hand.
You can only use 1 "Crazy Stapler" effect per turn, and only once that turn.
[/spoiler]

Thoughts and suggestions? I think making these "Staple" cards into some kind of archetype could produce interesting results... Something like "This card is always treated as a Limited/Semi-Limited card." instead of limiting them before their release, and you could still run multiples and splash in actual Limited cards.

Here's the thing.

Because of the list's updates, this basically becomes luck dependent on which cards get hit on the lists at that time when Konami makes a new one.

So basically, the actions of players in the metagame will determine the cards that you can add.

And BTW, Heavy is still banned in TCG.

Here's the thing.

Because of the list's updates, this basically becomes luck dependent on which cards get hit on the lists at that time when Konami makes a new one.

So basically, the actions of players in the metagame will determine the cards that you can add.

And BTW, Heavy is still banned in TCG.

Yeah, I know Heavy's banned- This is a significantly weaker version, with a chance of adding a used card. It does become luck dependant, but I can't think of many niche Spell/Trap cards you can actually add; You've got Ojama Trio, Hieratic Seal of Convocation, Dark Hole, Advanced Ritual Art, Chain Strike and Ceasefire. I can't help but think that any truly "overpowered" Spell/Trap cards you could add with this effect would be Limited instead of Semi-Limited, essentially making them fuel instead. The fact that the card uses "staple" cards without allowing you to set them is what makes it seem balanced, at least to me.

Archived