[Striker] Shamutan, Dragon of the Shadows & Likuntam, Dragon of the Solstice.

2j68dhl.png

Pendulum: During either player's turn, when a card or effect is activated that would target a card(s) on the field: You can send this card to the Graveyard; negate the activation, and if you do, destroy it. During the End Phase, if this effect was activated this turn (and was not negated): You can place this card in one of your Pendulum Zones.

Monster: 1 Tuner + 1 or more DARK non-Tuner monsters

When this card is Synchro Summoned: You can discard 1 card to target a number of cards on the field up to the number of Synchro Material Monsters used for its Synchro Summon; destroy them. Once per turn, during either player's Main Phase: You can discard 1 card to target a number of monsters, up to the number of Synchro Material Monsters used for this card's Synchro Summon; negate those target's effects, until the end of the turn.  If this card in the Monster Zone is destroyed by battle or card effect: You can place this card in an unoccupied Pendulum Zone OR destroy 1 card in your Pendulum Zones, and if you do, place this card in your Pendulum Zone.

20ftcgn.png

Pendulum: Once per turn, during either player's turn: You can target cards on the field, up to the number of cards in your hand; those targets cannot be destroyed by card effects, until the end of the turn.

Monster: 1 Tuner + 1 or more LIGHT non-Tuner monsters

When this card is Synchro Summoned: You can target a number of cards on the field, up to the number of Synchro Material Monsters used for its Synchro Summon; return them to their owner's hand, and if you do, gain 500 LP for each target. Once per turn: You can discard 1 card to target 1 Tuner monster in your Graveyard; shuffle it into the Deck, and if you do, draw 1 card. If this card in the Monster Zone is destroyed by battle or card effect: You can place this card in an unoccupied Pendulum Zone OR destroy 1 card in your Pendulum Zones, and if you do, place this card in your Pendulum Zone.

Since I don't think these two are directly related to each other, I'm putting these in Multiples. These are a couple projects I've been working on for the past few days. They could still use some work, but I'm posting these for feedback. So, CnC?

For Shamutan, I would choose between the destruction and negation effects. While the destruction effect is only on Synchro Summon, it feels like the card does too much with both effects and is way too powerful for a generic synchro. I would stick to the negation effect.

As for the Pendulum Effect, I would maybe just keep it at monsters and not cards in general. Protecting monsters is very important, but protecting spells and traps as well from targeting effects is way too good. I would also maybe add a OPT clause since having two in both scales is very possible.

Likuntam's first effect is way too good. I would personally nerf that and then buff the other effect; or go off of the theme of Shamutan and remove the first effect while having a really good second effect. It just feels like for a generic level 7 synchros, these cards do a little too much with their effects.

Other than that it looks fine to me.

You make some good points. For the OPT clause you suggested, most people would want to Pendulum Summon so I doubt they would prevent that by having two Shamutans. Main reason why I didn't put one there. Also, it's essentially Stardust. XD

Looking at Likuntam's first effect, you're right. It's a +1, and that's a big no that I overlooked. My design idea was an effect upon Summon to set the stage, and a recurring effect to keep them in use. That was my idea behind them, but I can see doing things like you suggested.

Archived