Number 25: Force Focus

Number25ForceFocus-SP14-EN-C-1E.png

2 Level 6 monsters
Once per turn, during either player's turn: You can detach 1 Xyz Material from this card, then target 1 Level 5 or higher Effect Monster your opponent controls; negate the effects of that opponent's face-up monster, until the end of the turn.

So... this is one of those cards that Konami hit for absolutely no reason and pretty much killed any use from it back in the day when XYZs were the only type of summoning you'd see.

Now of days with Qlis, Shaddoll, and Necloth who all use high level effect monsters, do you think this could see play in decks that use a rank 6 engine? I feel like that at the very least it can see more play than before.

It'd pretty much need a CNumber form of the kind that doesn't need a RUM, which would need an effect with a specific place to fill in some deck, in order to get a saving grace. Otherwise it only really has +100 ATK going for it. 

It'd pretty much need a CNumber form of the kind that doesn't need a RUM, which would need an effect with a specific place to fill in some deck, in order to get a saving grace. Otherwise it only really has +100 ATK going for it. 

Given the anime ended a year ago (and manga's close to finishing up), they could feasibly do that for legacy support or some JP exclusive; I don't know.

Although flavor-wise, all of the Chaos numbers released in-game had at least one appearance in the anime itself.

Not sure about the manga; don't think I saw anything on Wikia.

---

That being said, Breakthrough Skill does this card's job better (at least it can hit Xyz and other monsters)

Or Bounzer; at least that thing deals sizable burn for 100 less ATK.

@Giga: He probably meant in-game so far (regarding usage), but I may be wrong.

But yeah, C73 is a Rank 6.

(We also have C5, Atlanthal/Atlandis, 21, 39 Beyond, 72, FA Crystal Zero and some other things; but I don't recall seeing them in a lot of Decks lately; and probably a bit off-topic here)

---

Regarding the hit, I don't see it anywhere on either the TCG/OCG banlists for this format, so no idea where you're getting the idea of "Konami hitting this for no reason"; unless you meant by Decks that could actually run this as some tech.

Usage-wise, I still use it as a side tech for Hieratics and stuff on YGOPro, but then again Bounzer is better [100 ATK difference is marginal].

Regarding the hit, I don't see it anywhere on either the TCG/OCG banlists for this format, so no idea where you're getting the idea of "Konami hitting this for no reason"; unless you meant by Decks that could actually run this as some tech.

He means the nerf it received from the anime, where it wasn't restricted to Level 5 or higher Monsters.

Trouble with this in the current meta is that Nekroz can just summon a Unicore first then proceed to Trish/Brio/Valk over it like they would anyway. Even then, I'd still always prefer to make Bounzer because there's not a big difference in what they do and Bounzer is just so much better, and that's only on the odd occasion that you don't make M7/a specific R6

He means the nerf it received from the anime, where it wasn't restricted to Level 5 or higher Monsters.

Ah yeah, that basically killed its viability.

Seriously, they released Bounzer that did the exact same thing + burned in an earlier set (if I remember correctly)

They could've allowed 25 to go through as it was in anime (effect negation w/out burn); considering that fact (100 ATK isn't that much to warrant that limitation)

Damn it Konami.

I suppose it still has some merit against certain Decks that don't rely on Xyz nowadays, but definitely a heavy reduction from what it could've been doing with its proper effect.

Ah yeah, that basically killed its viability.
Seriously, they released Bounzer that did the exact same thing + burned in an earlier set (if I remember correctly)

They could've allowed 25 to go through as it was in anime (effect negation w/out burn); considering that fact (100 ATK isn't that much to warrant that limitation)

Damn it Konami.

I suppose it still has some merit against certain Decks that don't rely on Xyz nowadays, but definitely a heavy reduction from what it could've been doing with its proper effect.

Then they did it again 2 sets later with Number 8 and One-Eyed Skill Gainer. Apparently redundancy is good.

Archived