Lore Online [OoC/Accepting]

etqsTvr.png

< IC >

Opening: supercell - Hero
Ending: 米津玄師 - WOODEN DOLL

“This is Yukiko Morimoto reporting with NHK News 7. We are uncovering a breaking story. The Internet Media Public Safety Bureau has recently ordered a lockdown of all activity within the new and popular online game Lore Online, after evidence has emerged linking it to a sudden outbreak of neural trauma among players. The 40,000-odd players are being moved to government facilities as we speak, and- oh, I think here’s a member of the Bureau and one of Lore Online’s designers as we speak. Ms. Kuzumi, Mr. Taguchi, do you have any comments regarding your agency’s rash handling of the player deaths in Lore Online?”

“...no comment.”

“Well, seems like they’re in a rush. Nevertheless, we will be monitoring this story as it develops. This is Yukiko Morimoto for NHK News 7.”

------

It’s been only a day or so since Lore Online, “the game promised to revolutionize virtual reality,” launched. You were very excited by all the buzz surrounding the game (particularly considering how well Pluto Ltd, the game’s designers, have done before) and bought it the day it came out. You’ve only recently logged in, but you’ve heard rumors of people experiencing troubles with resurrection spells, of worried posters on the game’s BBS talking about people falling unconscious after death in-game. Maybe you even saw the events firsthand. You brush them off - there are glitches in all new games, it’s only normal - and continue unabated.

Until the message arrives in your inbox. You open it and read it, each word pounding in your eardrums in sinister tempo. This has to be a joke. People can’t… actually do these kinds of things, right? There were laws protecting them. But…

Your hands tremble as you read the final sentences.

“We have recently discovered a game-breaking glitch in the virtual reality game Lore Online that has tied character death to disruption of brain activity. We have significant evidence supporting that this will extend to any account logouts. Due to and in cooperation with the requests of the IMPSB, Lore Online is on indefinite lockdown. The logout function has been disabled. Players will be transported to appropriate facilities for monitoring and their kin notified. We appreciate your cooperation at this time and urge you to continue playing the game.”

The company’s name sat in the signature field, mocking you. This was a joke, right? Stuff like this only happened in bad anime, but now…

Six months has passed since that fateful day. You’ve tried to find a way to logout, but have so far failed. Life moves on in the land of Lore, unheeding to your desires to leave, so you’ve settled into a routine. Joined a guild, even, a little one based out of the main city named Osprey. Even taken on quests with your new friends. You’ve actually started to compartmentalize the panic that the Lockdown triggered, and have begun to enjoy yourself. However, there’s always the constant thought sitting on the back of your brain.

What if you can never leave Lore?

Roleplay Rules
01. This is an animesque RP, inspired primarily by .hack, Log Horizon and Sword Art Online. Keep that in mind when making characters and when roleplaying.
02. There are a limited number of “slots” available for characters. Each slot has a few details associated with it, and applicants will essentially be “auditioning.” When you’re making your application, let me know for which slot you’re applying. I’ll choose the app I think works the best for each slot. I'm also not taking reserves, on that note.
03. There's no posting cycle or anything like that: just let two people post before you go again. If you go four or more days without posting, you'll get a warning from me. Two warnings = you're out of the RP.
04. At least 100 words per post, no script format, no c/p-ing characters. I wrote those rules, guys. Don't disappoint me.
05. Maximum of two characters per player.

World Information
Instead of having to constantly update and edit the OP, I'm just going to stick all relevant information in a Google Doc. It's highly recommended that you read through all of it before submitting your application.
BIG IMPORTANT POINT HERE: I need help designing the main cities and stuff. If you wanna submit stuff, I'll give you reps.
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1hs1BgibTs-5ttLQgIten3cn__5H6VMG6ZuZHXvpQPJA/edit?usp=sharing

Application
[spoiler=Code in here, replace anything in ((double parentheses)).]
(img=(Headshot image for reference, try to find one that’s 250x250 pixels.)]
[i]“Character quote.”[/i]

[u][b]Personality Information[/b][/u]
[b]Name:[/b] ((Your character’s in-game name. Simple.))
[b]Epithet:[/b] ((Any cool nicknames or titles your character may have received.))
[b]Age of Appearance:[/b] ((Doesn’t have to be exact: an approximate range is preferred.))
[b]Sex:[/b] ((Male or female. Doesn’t need to match your character’s IRL gender.))
[b]Appearance:[/b] ((2 paragraph minimum. Feel free to link to images as reference, but don’t insert them into the body of the application.))
[b]Personality:[/b] ((2 paragraph minimum.))

[u][b]Combat Information[/b][/u]
[b]Category:[/b] ((Strength, Dexterity or Skill.))
[b]Class:[/b] ((Either look at the list for reference or make up your own: but if you’re making your own, run the class by me first before submitting your application. There are a limited number of make-your-own slots, and they should ideally fill a role no other class can.))
[b]Level:[/b] ((Osprey veteran members are around their 40s, while newbies are usually around 10-20s.))
[b]Inventory:[/b][list][*][i]((Armor Name)) <((Light/Medium/Heavy Armor))>:[/i] ((A brief description of your character’s armor as if it were an in-game item, 3-4 sentences max. Include any special attributes.))[/*]
[*][i]((Weapon Name)) <((Weapon Type))>:[/i] ((A brief description of your character’s weapon as if it were an in-game item, 3-4 sentences max. Include any special attributes.))[/*]
[*][i]((Accessory Name)):[/i] ((A brief description of another item on your character as if it were an in-game item, 3-4 sentences max. Include any special attributes.))[/*][/list]
[b]Sample Skills:[/b] ((2-3 at most. Just give names.))

[u][b]Real-World Identity[/b][/u]
[b]Name:[/b] ((Remember, Lore Online is currently only available in Japan, so your character IRL should be Japanese and have a Japanese name. Try to find a real name, too: no random strings of syllables.))
[b]Gender:[/b]
[b]Age:[/b]
[b]Home City:[/b] ((Pick a place in Japan.))
[b]Occupation:[/b]
[b]Trivia:[/b][list]
[*]((Any important tidbits about their life.))[/*]
[*]((Use bullet points, like this.)[/*]
[*]((3-4 max.))[/*][/list]

[b]Your Skype Name:[/b] ((So I can get you into the group convo. And stalk you ;D))
[/spoiler]

• Replies 159
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guild Members (Characters)

OSPREY
1) Yohta (Phosphorus)
2) Akane (Aix)
3) Matthias (Sethera)
4) Finn (Hydreigon)
5) Tadashi (Renegade)
6) Haruka (Neph)
7) Inali (Toyo)
8) Aria (VCR CAT)
9) Aeritz (Generic)

ATELIER ICHIMATSU
1) Ichimatsu (NPC, available to be played)
2) Idris (Raine)
3) Caeria (Yui)
4) Wing (Renegade)
5)

JOSHUA TREE
1) Tengutake (NPC, available to be played)
2) Ko (Keto)
3) Zaifer (Yosuke)
4) Iashi (Iashi)

Can i reserve a spot?

Check rule 2 for your answer. ;3

We also have a banner now!

EDIT:

[spoiler=Phosphorus - Yohta (WIP)]tgab5BT.png
“Yeah, I’m a greedy bastard. So what?”

Personality Information
Name: Yohta (ヨータ, Yōta)
Epithet: “The One-Eyed Dragon.”
Age of Appearance: Mid-twenties.
Sex: Male.
Appearance: His eyes are a sharp yellow-gold, but despite their shocking color, they're difficult to read. If he's thinking about something, it's rare that Yohta will let it show on his face, his eyes instead obscuring any intent lying behind them. The primary colors of Yohta's clothing are dark blue and black, colors that aren't particularly intrusive or noticeable. This is something he prefers, as being showy tends to draw a target from more unsavory citizens of Lore. Faint traces of what appears to be ornate embroidery can be seen when the cloth hits the light, however - Yohta's one concession to style.
Personality: Yohta is someone who won’t let anything as silly as honor or loyalty get in the way of turning a profit. His original reason for playing Lore Online was not only to immerse himself in its incredible world, but also to make in-game cash by selling rare items. Although the new realities of his situation have changed that plan somewhat, Yohta still is looking out for opportunities to find unique stuff and be the first one to it. He’s thus always looking forward and planning for what may lie on the horizon. This has resulted in a very strategic mindset: he dislikes people who rush headlong into battle without considering the consequences. Instead, Yohta prefers to mentally chart out where to go - he measures twice, cuts once. Externally, he comes off as a bit sullen and direct, unafraid to make his opinions of a situation known.
He isn’t as cold and tactical as this may make him seem, though. Yohta can let his emotions get the best of him sometimes, mainly anger and embarrassment. This stems from the fact that he’s the most senior of Osprey’s members, and thus feels some sort of responsibility for them. Losing one person is one person too many, a lesson which he’s learned already. However, Yohta can’t shake off his money-grubbing habits: he’ll drag others into missions if he thinks there’s a chance of valuable loot, even if they may end up a bit over their heads. The world’s laying wide open for them, so why not go and make the best of it?
Finally, the kid's not immunte to hte rush of battle. The scent of treasure or the promise of glory makes him shed his stoic demeanor and unleashes a much different side. Foul-mouthed and a bit of a maniac, Yohta will do anything to clear the finish line of a battle first if he sees the ribbon ahead. It's almost like a different person takes control over him, as after the battle ends, his personality swiftly reverts to its calm, disaffected state.

Combat Information
Category: Speed.
Class: Rogue.
Inventory:
  • Ume-no-Bakama <Light Armor>: Traditional Japanese style hakama pants that are bound around the shins to prevent excess movement. The hakama are midnight blue, almost black in their color, with large embroidered plum blossoms near the base. They're elegant yet still masculine.
  • Hunter's Pride <Dagger>: A plain hunting knife. Although rather basic and inelegant, it's very sturdy and not prone to breaking. Yohta likes that it doesn't have to be repaired that often, either.
Sample Skills:
  • Trophy Hunt: A low-damage physical attack with a high cooldown. Stabs the enemy in a weak spot. If it lands the killing blow on a monster, the user gets rare loot.
  • Stagger: A double blow from both edges of the knife that throws the target off balance.
  • Razor's Edge: Boosts own evasion.
Real-World Identity
Name: Yotaro Fukami (深見洋太郎, Fukami Yōtarō).
Home City: Sapporo, Hokkaido.
Trivia:
  • His family owns a melon farm, so he’s expected to go into the business. Which is what he’s done - he juggles helping to manage the farm and studying for his master’s degree, while still managing to get gaming time in. Yohta thus has an uncanny knowledge of agriculture and crop rotation techniques.
  • He uses his real given name in Lore Online because he doesn’t like the disconnect of hearing a different name for himself.
  • His facial scarring reflects injuries that were given to him in real life. It's something which he doesn't like to talk about.
[/spoiler]

Applying for one the Any Class - Female spots.

[spoiler=Aira/Aika]

4Y2evBu.png

I'll mess 'em up!

Personality Information
Name: Aria
Epithet: Amp
Age of Appearance: 17/18
Sex: Female
Appearance:
Standing at an AVERAGE FIVE FEET FOUR INCHES (and if you say otherwise you'll be missing some teeth) Aria expresses a spunky attitude through messy, short, curly, dark-gray/silver hair; a worn-out jacket that doubles as leather armor, work-pants, and steel-toed boots. By no means does the character look like it has the stature of someone who's trying to compensate for the kind of person they're not; in fact it looks more like they tried to make a rather accurate portrayal of themselves in the game.

Face-wise, Aria's not like... un-pretty or anything. With large, bright blue eyes; a round nose; thin lips; and the fact that maybe she looks a little younger than she actually is, she'd be a lot more attractive if it looked like effort was taken to make herself presentable. Through all the dirt scruff and snarky and/or tough expressions, there's a soft-hearted girl in there... maybe. Seriously, joke about the height and you'll regret it.

In real life (IRL as some may say), Aika is just as short; actually a little shorter than her character. With large, dark eyes, the familiar round nose and thin lips; the main difference is Aria's better-kept short, black hair compared to her character's messy, kind-of curly white hair. Her usual attire involves a cut-off jacket over a fitting gray long-sleeve with tight jeans torn at the knees, red sneakers, and a pair of big headphones around her neck.

http://i.imgur.com/LkZf5Ko.png

Personality and BioAika, for the most part, is fairly complicated with her emotions. Back as a child, Aika was very quiet, and very shy. Spending most of her time reading books and practicing her music, Aika never spent much time around other kids or socializing. To top things off, Aika's home life was not something she would ever wish onto anyone else, but does her darnedest to keep this information to herself as much as possible. Unfortunately, this kind of information is very difficult to keep to yourself in the real world.

Labeled as a "Loner" and a "Weirdo" by pretty much everyone else in the class, Aika was subject to a lot of bullying and a lot of torment. When the wrong crowd finally found out about her home life, things only got worse and worse. With nobody to go to and nobody to open up to, things looked bad. When life seemed to be at its worst, something happened at the school. A code yellow that was all over the news. Confronted with the criminal, Aika finally stood up for herself, even if she wasn't really all that successful. When the police finally put an end to the crisis, Aika left the situation a change person; for better and for worse.

A lot has happened since then, and because of all that Aika has changed gradually from the quiet, shy girl to someone... a lot more rambunctious. Aika has become a balloon of emotions that has become over-inflated, with a fuse shorter than she herself and a tendency to attempt to hide what's really going on. Aika can be a person you would rather tip-toe around depending on who you are and your personality.

Because of her past, Aika feels the need to be really tough; to be strong for herself and those around her. This also means that she's grown to be incredibly reckless because of her nature. Reckless, over-confident, and very energetic at times. Being reckless and quite dramatic at times does not mean she's a bad person. Aika genuinely cares for the people "close" to her, and makes a big effort to stand up for those who are being picked on or worse. She may have a short fuse, but knows how to restrain herself at least a LITTLE bit. Of course, a lot of this personality shift seems to be a lot more of an overcompensation than a self-improvement.

Aika generally does not rub the right way with: people striving for too much attention (jealousy may be a big part of this) and people who act like they're better than others, specifically herself. In other words, ego maaaayyy have a part in all of this. Just a little. Taking things a step further, Aika generally despises people who pick on others or get their kicks at someone else's expense. If you're a bully, you're gonna get it.

But really, let's put emotional problems aside from a moment. Aika's a very laid-back person at times; known for being casual to a point where some may take it as disrespectful. Laid-back also translates to "Pretty lazy" overall; hard work and labor that isn't fun isn't Aika's jam (and this applied to homework as well). She's a very fun-loving person, and really likes being around people that she enjoys hanging out with. When getting that sweet, sweet adrenaline rush isn't the activity of choice at the time, Aika loves to surround herself with people she likes and hopefully like her as well. Of course, there are always those times where Aika needs to get away and get in touch with the more... musical side of herself.

Overall, Aika has embraced the Lockdown. Compared to most players, Aika has a great enthusiasm for living in the world of Lore and enjoys most days. Granted, when the conversation turns to "when they get out", Aika generally tries to change the subject...

Combat Information
Category: Speed
Class: Corsair

Level45

Fighting Style: Aika's style is rather recognizable: in the fray as fast as possible, and take out the enemy before they know it. The strategy is minimal and the planning just as so. The results are usually mixed, and as such Aria's learned at least some restraint until the members of the guild that are able to tell her what do "Let loose the hounds" so to speak. Unfortunately, with her class and build, Aika generally has a very tough time being the absolute lead of the pack, and has seen a lot more success working with others and supplementing her abilities with the more hard-hitting class members.
Inventory:

• Tough Girl's Coat <Light>: A tan, long-sleeved coat that Aria is never seen without. With what appears to be some leather pads stitched on at key places, Aria's coat is ready for battle as some sort of makeshift leather armor.
  • Haymaker's Day-Maker <Musket>: A large musket-rifle with a heavy payload of damage, but a long reload speed.
  • Libretto Locket: An emerald necklace tucked away. Increases agility a little.

Sample Skills:

- Focus Shot
- Holster Shot
- Breaker Shot

Real-World Identity
Name: Aika Akiyama (
秋山愛佳, Ah-kee-yama Aikah)

Home City: Fukagawa
Trivia:

• Aika's been a lead-singer and guitarist in her band "Cloud Knights"; granted that name keeps changing... along with the genre and some of its members.
  • Aika has a strange obsession with indie-rock music from North America, even though she can't actually speak english.
  • Aika has a hidden collection of old Medabots games and DVD's stashed underneath her bed.
  • Aika has never worn a dress.

Theme: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KOnRgUWXA4s

Your Skype Name: link.the.hylian

[/spoiler]

Still working on the personality and appearance parts...wanna get him all fleshed out.  Applying for the Male Any Class spot.

[Spoiler=Finntas/Kyousuke]

K3ZJ5lj.png?1
All according to plan.

Personality Information
Name: Finntas
Epithet:The Uncanny Caster
Age of Appearance: 18/19
SexMale
Appearance: 

Finntas stands at about 6" tall on the dot.  He's very lanky and doesn't bolster a muscular build.  He has long brown hair which appears to be messy, but is his own personal style.  He calls it, "Just got out of the right side of the bed head".  He has hazel eyes that change from blue and brown depending on his mood.  

Some might say Finntas is a bit handsome, but he tries to hide this by wearing glasses to block out some facial features.  Around some girls however, this only boosted that aspect.  He wears a long purple robe.  Underneath the rob, he wears a plain white v-neck long sleeved shirt.  His pants are long and khaki colored.  

http://images6.fanpop.com/image/photos/34400000/Ryner-the-legend-of-the-legendary-heroes-34468847-433-574.png
Personality:

Finntas is a charismatic guy who has long played strategy games for most of his life.  He loves making up strategies for ordinary every day situations.  Sometimes he'll concentrate too hard as a matter of fact, and may mess up his entire plan in a panic.  Finntas is also a wise cracker.  He loves to make jokes and to make other people smile.  The cheesier the better.  Although, he can flip that personality on a dime and become a serious leader type of person, should the situation be called for it.  

This may be because Finntas is a very emotional guy.  He's not your average thick-headed dude bro.  He sympathizes for those who are not as well off as him, and will try his hardest to help another person down on their luck.  This makes Finntas very gullible in some cases.  Even if he were to be tricked by said person in need, he probably already thought of the scenario and would take a counter measure to make things right.  

Combat Information
Category: Skill
Class: Shaman
Inventory:

• Starlit Cloak <Light>:A purple, high-collared robe.  The cloak rides all the way down to the characters thighs and is open with a button latching from the collar on the neck.  The inside of the robe is pitch black, but stars can be seen twinkling inside as if looking at the night sky.  When opened completely, the cloak releases a bright light that can light up any room

• Pyromaniac's Dream <Staff>: This is a large staff that becomes as long as it's user is tall.  It is made of a magical oak, and above the top swirl, there's a ball of fire that is unexstinguishable.  This staff can absorb some fire damage and add it to the users' own spells.  
  • Glasses of Pure intellect: A pair of oval shaped glasses.  The frame is wide and black.  The user is granted with a slight increase in intelligence and charisma.  

Sample Skills:

-Lava Burst

-Lightning Binding

-Frost Fire

Real-World Identity
Name: Kyousuke Hayashi
Home City: Shizuoka
Trivia:

• Is a college Dropout.  Was studying Zoology to work in the field.
  • Had a girlfriend before breaking up with him after buying this game instead of taking her on a date.
  • Loves to eat meat.

Your Skype Name: Zachawesomeness

[/spoiler]

ALSO. Big heads up, but I'm only trying to accept one of each class into Osprey. That means if we have 2+ characters with the same class, I'll probably only end up accepting one of them. Just fair warning.

EDIT: I'm not sure if this was clear or not, but the "user-submitted class" slots aren't for things that are unique to your character alone. They're classes that any character can use, and thus should be generic enough to enable that. Don't go making attacks or weapons so specific that they wouldn't fit if another user picked them up.

I think I went overboard with the app design. Anyway, some questions:
- Are real life and in-game appearances the same? Does the game force you to use your real appearance? Perhaps your real appearance with a few modifications allowed?
- Is the pain level equal to real life or is there a pain limiter? (Considering my character, I'd prefer no limits :3)
- Please elaborate on how combat works. Is normal fighting still viable for melee classes? Blocking/parrying? Is there a freeze/cooldown after using skills? Etc.

[hr]
[spoiler=Chimamire no Shirayukihime]
[hr]

血まみれの白雪姫

[hr]

KaViLpr.png

"The Bloodstained Snow White, huh? I like that, I'm a princess. What are you staring at me for? Even I have dreamed of being one."

[hr]Personal Information
[hr]Name: Akane (using her real name because she's unused to MMOs)
Epithet: Bloodstained Snow White, Silver Goddess, Iron Maiden, etc.
Age of Appearance: Early 20s
Sex: Female
[hr][spoiler=Appearance]Picture: http://i.imgur.com/XSFJSqN.jpg
The face of the guild and every M's and big-sister-con's dream. Akane is a stunning beauty with cold, serene features that are artfully enhanced by her pale skin and hair, giving her the otherworldly appearance of a marble doll. They call this being "completely out of your league", and rumor has it that she also looks this way in real life. Her thin red eyes hold an incredible piercing power trained through incessant use against a mischievous younger sibling and she carries herself with a regal, goddess-like posture that gives her any authority she needs. Her aura and demeanor actually make her seem a lot taller than she really is, she is only somewhat above average Japanese height at 161 cm. Akane is quite slim and lithe in build, and has a small bosom that only generates a heated debate as to whether this is truly a bad thing or not.

When not in combat, her usual attire is as is in the picture, a thin white tunic that is comfortable and loose over form-fitting teal pants. She wears knee-high black leather boots with numerous adjustable straps.[/spoiler][hr][spoiler=Personality]Stiff and professional like a female version of evilfusion. Akane is well-versed in keeping a formal demeanor and giving off a strong and mature, although cold, impression to others (e.g. employers). On occasion though, when dealing with particularly unpleasant individuals, she cannot help the especially icy tone in her voice. She has a very strong sense of morals and duty, and a low tolerance for nonsense. Even with her little brother which she dotes on, she is very strict as she strives to make him into an upstanding member of society.

It is not like Akane is unaware of how people feel, but she is just not accustomed to smiling or acting casually, except around her little brother and Haruka. Her beauty and callousness towards those she doesn't care about has earned her few friends throughout her life, thus she is not particularly socially adept. She is even jealous of the way Haruka gets along with everyone so tightly. However, a particularly warm or receptive environment can make her forget herself occasionally and make her feel she was with her family again. The casual Akane is blunt, but amicable, and shows greater femininity.

The bigger they are, the harder they fall. Akane is a girl filled with insecurities about the world, but has built up a confidence through her hard work and accomplishments and prides herself as a good big sister. As a highly competent individual who seldom tastes failure, she does not take failure very well and is prone to easily breaking. The Lockdown has brought back some of her worries once more as she has no control over the situation and she cannot stop thinking about her little brother back home. She dives into earning the respect of others to restore this lost confidence and keep her mind off the things she cannot help. Her stress transforms into a raging bloodlust and makes her dive easily into the heat of battle.

In the Guild, Akane has the feeling of a real leader and a caring older sister despite her coldness. She is decisive and assertive, and her aura dominates others. Her work ethic and responsibility is admirable, and her beauty causes others to idolize her. The Guild itself seems to be temporarily filling the hole in her life left by the absence of her little brother, and she begins to treat her guildmates almost the same way - being strict and protective, but with the greater good of everyone at heart. Her selflessness and protectiveness shows as she fights rather recklessly to reduce the burden on others. She wouldn't even let Haruka be there with her at first, until Haruka gave her a good talking to. While she understands the need to nurture and help others grow stronger, her protective instincts override this understanding as this is a life or death situation. Fortunately, she has gotten a good feel of her limits now and Haruka has her back, so accidents are unlikely to happen.[/spoiler][hr]
[divider1]
[hr]Combat Information
[hr]Category: Strength
Class: Knight
Level: 45
[hr][spoiler=Fighting Style]An offensive fighter who meets challengers head on, single-mindedly cutting down enemies as fast as possible. She goes for the most threatening ones first if possible. Occasionally, she may move too far ahead as she gets caught up in the fight, but she trusts her friend Haruka to be at her side. Her fighting style is precise and efficient, she always aims for weak spots and often unbalances enemies before taking them out with a single finishing blow.[/spoiler][hr][spoiler=Inventory]Mirror Plate <Heavy Armor>: A shining plate armor suit. Although technically classified as heavy armor, it is quite thin and light. Has the ability to reflect weak light-based magical attacks.

Blood Angel <Heavy Basket-Hilted Sword (Broadsword)>: A marvelous custom-made steel sword, ideal for thrusting, but also quite capable of slashing attacks. Actually quite large and heavy for a one-handed sword.
[/spoiler][hr][spoiler=Sample Skills]《Stinger》: A swift lunge forwards enhanced by the system with power and surgical precision. Channels mana inside and gives range to the attack rather than bestowing any elemental properties to the strike. Requires a stance to build up power and is thus predictable, but due to its speed it is difficult to dodge. However, the skill leaves Akane open to attack if it misses.

《Guillotine》: Akane puts her sword behind her back, jumps up and drops down, reinforcing the sword with Metal element to increase the weight and sharpness of the sword. Easy to predict, easy to dodge, but incredibly destructive. Also leaves Akane open after using it.[/spoiler][hr]
[divider1]
[hr]Real-World Identity
[hr]Name: Akane Miyamoto (宮本 茜, lit. Miyamoto Akane)
Home City: Tokyo
[hr][spoiler=Trivia]
  • Mother died when she was 9, giving birth to her little brother. Hated her sibling for this at first, but eventually became a overprotective older sister.
  • Father disappeared two years later when she was 11, presumably from dealing with debt collectors. She and her brother were taken in by negligent and absentee relatives, thus she ended up caring for her younger sibling.
  • Got a scholarship and managed to get into Tokyo University in Medicine with the dream of taking care of her sickly little brother.
  • Bought a Virtual Reality headgear with the intention of playing with her brother. Decided to get into the game beforehand with her friend, Haruka, so that she could get a handle of it and prove herself as a reliable big sister.
[/spoiler][hr]Theme: eyemedia - Blood Purity[hr]Skype: AixDivadis[/spoiler]
[hr]Character Interactions: http://forum.yugiohcardmaker.net/topic/331609-lore-online-oocnot-accepting/?p=6592102

I think I went overboard with the app design. Anyway, some questions:
- Are real life and in-game appearances the same? Does the game force you to use your real appearance? Perhaps your real appearance with a few modifications allowed?
- Is the pain level equal to real life or is there a pain limiter? (Considering my character, I'd prefer no limits :3)
- Please elaborate on how combat works. Is normal fighting still viable for melee classes? Blocking/parrying? Is there a freeze/cooldown after using skills? Etc.

- RL and ingame appearances differ. Males can have female avatars and vice-versa.
- No limits to pain. Which is probably a good thing: considering how death is a thing, you wouldn't want your pain response to be impaired.
- Define "normal fighting." You can enter combat with a monster without using special abilities, but the skills give you a technical boost. As for cooldowns, that's yet to be determined. If you'd like to develop the more technical side of the game, feel free.

Well it wasn't clear that use-submitted classes not being unique to a character alone (when the character sheets talks about you using your own 'custom' class and then you saying that there's only room for 1 character per class), but regardless I don't think I did wrong what you were describing anyways so whatever.

I should also ask. Do you want short descriptions of the special moves at some point? Titles alone seems a little too ambiguous, but it's up to you.

Well it wasn't clear that use-submitted classes not being unique to a character alone (when the character sheets talks about you using your own 'custom' class and then you saying that there's only room for 1 character per class), but regardless I don't think I did wrong what you were describing anyways so whatever.

I should also ask. Do you want short descriptions of the special moves at some point? Titles alone seems a little too ambiguous, but it's up to you.

Thought I had made it clear, but I guess not. Whenever you believe your app to be complete, let me know and I'll PM you any outstanding concerns.

And no, descriptions are not required.

Lancer Girl App Completed.
[hr]
[spoiler=Kagayaku Akai no Shinderera]
[hr]

輝く赤いの死ンデレラ

[hr]

a3GbkXd.png

"Shh! No frowns here! This might not be the best situation to be in, but it's the hand we've been dealt, so might as well have fun and make the most of it while we're here!"

[hr]Personal Information
[hr]Name: Haruka (decided to do the same thing as Akane for fun)
Epithet: Shining Red Cinderella, Argent Blood, Crimson Light War Princess, etc.
Age of Appearance: Early 20s
Sex: Female
[hr][spoiler=Appearance]In-World

Her Lore Online appearance isn't too much different from her real life counterpart except slightly more fantasy-esque attire and the batwings clip on the back of her head. Haruka is almost always seen with a smile on her face, filled with vigor and generally the complete opposite of Akane's usual appearance. In contrast to the effect Akane's avatar's eyes have, Haruka's gaze has the feeling of being right at home having a good meal with close ones, radiating the same warmth Haruka does. Haruka is slightly taller than Akane, but not by much, only coming in at around 164 cm. She's not bulky by any means, nor is she slim, and is in the general healthy area - except for her large breasts that happen to draw attention, both good and bad.

Her real life appearance is essentially the same, substituting the bat clips for a lavender ribbon tie and the golden hair clip for two x-crossing silver clips. Haruka usually dresses in a slightly baggy dress shirt/dress of white and black with a red tie occasionally, draping a vest of black over herself every now and then.[/spoiler][hr][spoiler=Personality]Outgoing and cheerful, Haruka is the genki girl, flowing with energy and ready to have fun. Nearly the polar opposite of Akane, her best friend since high school, their friendship might seem like an unusual one. Even Akane's typically cold behavior warms up slightly around someone as cheerful as Haruka, and with Haruka being ever happy, and the two have them inseparable since the start of their bond. The kind of person to wear their hearts on their sleeves, it is fairly obvious to see how Haruka is feeling, although she almost never gets angry or unhappy without an extreme situation.

Haruka is a cheerful girl who is determined to make the most of anything life throws at her, and with that attitude, she's managed to tough her way through things that would have brought her to the pits otherwise. She's also quite smart, but she accepts failure as a natural thing as well, and if it happens, she works to cheer up and get better so she can keep moving on with the smile on her face. Since The Lockdown however, her effervescent nature had been dampened slightly, since she understood just how serious things were in this new world they were forced to remain within, waiting for an uncertain fate. It was one of the few times where she had been brought down to something near depression and a deathly state of tiredness, and at several points during that phase, she had considered giving up on herself.

After mulling over events however and managing to stay alive one way or another throughout the days that lengthened into weeks and then into months, Haruka realized this world was just the same as the other one. There was no point to getting all anxious about things that weren't in her control, and for things that were, it would be her choice to change them for the better. After having arrived at this resolution, her normal cheer had arrived back and settled into an iron-hard will, unbreakable.

However, Haruka is quite impressionable, even to the point of naiveté. This is in part due to the fact that Haruka attempts to look for the best in everyone, even when it would be more reasonable to just give up or consider someone as a bad person. Since being young, she also had a tendency of following others as well as a gullible mindset, leading her to be the butt of jokes in addition to being taken advantage of sometimes. As a result of her mindset, Haruka had also developed a protective behavior towards her own teammates and Akane especially, after having been around her best friend closely for a long time. Also, Haruka has issues with being reckless and rushing into things without thinking them through properly, and this can be shown even more inflamed if one of her teammates, especially Akane, get hurt. Being headstrong is another issue that Haruka displays sometimes, refusing to budge once she's got her mindset on something, only relenting in important cases or if Akane convinces her otherwise. Akane is an important factor in many parts of Haruka's life, being close friends, and as a result, Haruka will usually bend if Akane asks something of her, as well as having to have been saved by Akane several times when her recklessness got her into dangerous situations.

As for her team role of sorts, she's usually the Heart and Morale character, helping to keep everyone's energy up, as well as boosting morale in hard times, given her unshakable cheer. When she's not fighting or actively playing, she'll usually help out the guild with everyday chores such as cleaning up, as well as other tasks such as cooking.

"Life's a precious thing, ya'know. Before you go and give up on it just 'cause we're stuck in this game, remember this. All games can be won, and we're going to win it!"[/spoiler][hr]
[divider1]
[hr]Combat Information
[hr]Category: Strength
Class: Lancer
Level: 44
[hr][spoiler=Fighting Style]Most definitely a front-line fighter. Speed is her vice and virtue, cutting down enemies left and right in flashing frenzies without break, rendering most enemies unable to even have time to do anything more than react to stay alive. Unlike her best friend Akane though, she goes for pure power instead of precise targets, preferring to bash and rip her enemies apart with her powerful spear.[/spoiler][hr][spoiler=Inventory]Blazing Hot Leather Armor <Light Armor>: A light, semi-protective attire of leather. Doesn't offer too much protections except on the armored shoulder and forearms, but offers a full range of motion. Has the property of increasing user's speed slightly and can absorb weak fire attacks to heal and/or regain energy.
Chain Zephyr <Mid-Heavy Extendable Spear (Whip Spear)>: A massive spear with a large razor-sharp head. Has a [acronym="Unlockable by some quest"]secret[/acronym] function that lets the user divide the shaft apart into multiple segments connected by long lengths of chains, allowing the user to extend their reach, increase their speed, and [acronym="Wrapping around targets, tripping, surrounding self in a whirling dome (see abilities), etc."]give more versatility as to its uses.[/acronym]
[/spoiler][hr][spoiler=Sample Skills]《Grievous Laceration》 : A simple attack. The head of the spear is charged up with energies before swinging the weapon in a massive arc to either cut through enemies directly, piercing an enemy to impale them, or letting the energy fly off in a shockwave to damage anything it hits before fizzling out. Can only be used once every 5-10 minutes or so due to the energy it takes to charge up. In addition, if interrupted while charging up before the actual strike, it can disperse the energy, and one can dodge the slash or lunge by moving out of its path, and counter the energy arc with a well-placed parry or dodge.

《Blade Zone》 : Utilizes Chain Zephyr's ability that lets it extend out to surround herself in a whirring dome of the spearhead spinning around rapidly. From there, Haruka can snap her wrist out at any given moment to send the spearhead flying in any particular direction she chooses. Useful as a defense (to block and deter enemies) as well as offense (versatility and ever increasing speed leading to higher power behind a strike). Due to its incredible speed however, once committing in a certain direction, Haruka cannot immediately pull the attack back or towards a new direction, and thus it can leave her open. Due to this reason, Haruka tends to attempt to maintain a lower level speed so she can counter if needed by yanking back on the chains, as well as not decisively commit to an attack until ready, as the chains spinning around her give her many options as to what to do, as compared to committing to an attack which leaves her open. However, this isn't an ultimate offense or defense by any standards, and if one can slam in a blade or some other obstruction within the fast spinning "zone", it can knock the weapon off of its course, although it can break weaker weapons if it is spinning fast enough. Dodging the actual strike can be a challenge due to its speed, but if successfully dodged, then there is a small window of vulnerability. Blocking the actual attack would be an unwise decision for most however, because the sheer power behind it can shatter weaker weapons as well as slam the opponent back quite a distance.[/spoiler][hr]
[divider1]
[hr]Real-World Identity
[hr]Name: Haruka Yamamoto (山本 春花, lit. Yamamoto Haruka)
Home City: Tokyo
[hr][spoiler=Trivia]• Was born in the countryside but moved to the urban area at the beginning of high school because she wanted to explore the world around her more.
• After Akane had received her scholarship, Haruka worked on studying hard and learning to be able to meet the standards of Tokyo University so she could stay together with her best friend.
• Best friends with Akane Miyamoto since high school
• Loves jokes, humor, puns of the sort.
[/spoiler][hr]Theme: Rabpit (Deemo) - Dream[hr]Skype: neph-kun[/spoiler]
[hr]

[spoiler="Matthias, Male Cleric"]FACv7Qn.png
“You kind of remind me of an azalea.”

Personality Information
Name: Matthias "Matti"
Epithet: "The Chibi Cleric," "Green Thumb Matti"
Age of Appearance: 12-14
Sex: Male
[spoiler=Appearance]http://i.imgur.com/a9HhOXq.png
Despite his actual age, Matthias has a baby face that makes him look younger than he really is. His short stature (145 cm) and thin physique do not help matters. He has golden-brown hair that he usually ties back into a ponytail, but it has a tendency to stick up like an antenna in the front (ahoge) which he can never flatten. His blue eyes are guileless and innocent-looking, reflecting his personality. He has unblemished skin the color of cream. His hands and wrists, however, are almost always caked in dirt from gardening, which is one of his hobbies.

Matthias wears white robes with red triangles, like the white mages of a certain old video game. He also took to wearing a red cloak to make him look cooler, but it didn't really succeed. He still looks like a "cute little chibi" as someone once said. Often stands on his tiptoes or puffs out his chest in an attempt to look taller or more intimidating.

His real-life appearance is almost identical to his virtual reality appearance. However, his coloring (black hair, brown eyes) reflects his heritage (Japanese), and he lacks the ponytail, due to the strict dress code of Japanese schools.

[/spoiler]

[spoiler=Personality]In the real world, Matthias has been bullied from a young age for things like his height, his baby face, and his almost fanatical love of an ancient video game called Final Fantasy. Because of this, he had long ago given up on the idea that he could ever have friends or get a date. Instead, he found other things to occupy his time. Aside from playing Final Fantasy, he also found out that he had a green thumb. From there, the boy ended up getting into botany and later ikebana.

Despite lacking social experience, Matthias is surprisingly insightful and nurturing. He can usually detect what is bothering somebody or what they need at a glance. When asked, he responds with phrases like: "Well, I could see that she needed more sun. So I removed what was blocking the light." He often compares people to plants, and sometimes, accidentally, refers to them as such. He also understands that sometimes people like to deceive others ("just like some plants") but prefers to be upfront and honest himself, seeing no need for dishonesty.

Matthias is at peace with who he is. The fact that he's a nerd for Final Fantasy, the fact that he's friendless, and the fact that, with his grades, he'll probably never get into a good university. He takes pleasure in playing RPGs and gardening, which to him, is enough. Instead of friends, he has plants. Instead of straight As, he has levels and experience. He's found a different kind of happiness. The boy also doesn't have much of a temper, but can have moments of melancholy, times where he contemplates the real world and what's going on back there.

His main drive for returning home is not only his single mother, but his plants. While his mother likes to garden, her skill is nowhere near his level, so he frets that she might accidentally ruin them. He also is annoyed at his lack of height, often wishing there were a "human fertilizer" that would make him stretch as tall as the sunflowers he grows. Hates to be patted on the head, but it often happens anyway.
[/spoiler]

Combat Information
Category: Skill
Class: Cleric
Level: 36 (spends most of his time doing life skills)
[spoiler=Inventory]

• White Mage Robes <Light Armor>: Blessed holy robes that protect the wearer from evil's taint. Reminiscent of a certain older video game... (Protects wearer against Curse and Silence)
  • Treant's Mace <Mace>: A mace made out of treant wood. Rare drop. Attribute: Wood (Doubles wearer's mana regeneration speed)
  • Redwings Cloak: Once, there was a famous airship crew called the Redwings... (Halves cooldown time for skills)

[/spoiler]

[spoiler="Known Skills"]

• [Cure] Restores the HP of a target.
  • [Restore] Restores the MP of a target.
  • [Recover] Restores the SP of a target.
  • [Wide Cure] Restores the HP, MP, and SP of a target, but it sacrifices viability for versatility.
  • [Pavise] Increases the defense of a target.
  • [Aegis] Increases the overall magical resistance of a target, but it sacrifices viability for versatility.
  • [Resist Earth] Increases a target's type resistance to Earth.

[/spoiler]

[spoiler="Life Skills"]

• Farming level: 40
  • Pharmacy level: 30

[/spoiler]

Real-World Identity
Name: Naoki Hanamura (花村直樹 Hanamura Naoki)
Home City: Hakone, Kanagawa Prefecture
[spoiler=Trivia]

• Despite having a green thumb, he is not a member of the gardening club but secretly takes care of the flowers anyway, inadvertently causing one of the "Seven Wonders" of his school (the flowers magically take care of themselves somehow).
  • Is new to virtual reality, but bought the game because it was an RPG and his beloved Final Fantasy went out of business.
  • He became a cleric because one of his favorite characters in Final Fantasy, a white mage, was also a plant-lover.
  • Hobbies in-game include gardening and mixing potions using ingredients from his garden (Alchemy subclass).

[/spoiler]
Skype handle: caelera
[/spoiler]

Actually, since there's no way I can compete with Aix's app (mostly because he's a chet), I might change to a male knight instead.

Is that alright? Or should I think of something else?

They want only one of each class, so probably not.

I'm gonna work on...maybe a couple apps and figure out what I want to play from there. But question in case I go one route. Would it be fine to have a mute character that in-game can only communicate through text bubbles?

Archived