YCM Easter Event 2015

Flash Flyer - Sakura

13_%5BNw%5DYCMEasterLogo.png

Because this worked well last year, we're doing an Easter egg hunt for 2015.

Objective

There are 30 eggs for you to find that will be counted in this event; however I've only given you pictures of the first 22; the main ones.

The next 6 (numbers 23 - 28) are buried as challenge eggs, meaning I've not given you pictures of them; you only have the hints to figure out where they are.

Last two 2 eggs (numbers 29 - 30) are extra challenge eggs (same as the above, but harder on clues).

The last eight can help with filling your total as substitutes, in case some of the main eggs prove harder to find, but remember that they are more obscure to find.

---

Some of the eggs are buried in threads, others are inside member profiles and a few are buried in announcements.

The eggs are scattered amongst the different forums of YCM, so I'd highly advise that you look carefully into each area.

Yes, even Miscellaneous and Joke Cards, and some dead sections.

ALL of the eggs are in places that you have access to (assuming you are not banned).

Most thread eggs are buried on page 1; however some of them may be hidden further back (but nothing further than page 7 in the forum itself).

If they are on a very old thread, they will be moved to another forum which allows them to be seen more clearly. (They will be moved back after the event is over)

---

You have one hint for each egg, but the rest is up to you.

The challenge egg hints are more difficult to decipher, so my advice is to do the main eggs first (1-22) BEFORE you tackle the challenge ones. 

[spoiler=This is what you're looking for (First 22)]

F1H5S3i.png

[/spoiler]

[spoiler=Hints]

NORMAL

1. How do you expect to win, if you can't destroy me with the power you have now?

2. Does this ring any bells?

3. TCG's worst nightmare in the metagame; it may help if you understand where something like this belongs.

4. A shadow that once stalked his prey in cards as an elite.

5. You must write at least 40-60 words per review.

6. Home of sexy, sexy artwork by an amazing man and woman.

7. Put on your shades, boys, 'cuz things just got real @3 with my homies.

8. A fallen legendary hideout; one of the highest in the days of yore.

9. Not named after the franchise mascot for nothing.

10. I would greatly appreciate it if you'd stop complaining about when will that package get here.

11. It helps if you guys read the announcements lately.

12. Past-gone tsundere whom everyone loved.

13. So many Dashie references were missed by the cardmaker today. (I highly advise you think this one through VERY CAREFULLY)

14. When Altaria ends up having to fight its senpais, surrounded by the land and sea.

15. Explain why half of you newbies don't bother to read me or my partner.

16. Dancing in the sunlit hours? He really is a parallel.

17. Because nothing apparently means something nowadays.

18. 天地的傳說中的龍

19. ¿Podés comprender estas cartas?

20. What music do you want me to review today?

21. Thousands of blades dancing in the blood-red night.

22. Primal Reversion? Nah, Rayquaza doesn't need it and neither do I require a Rank-Up.

----

CHALLENGE

23. Rebellion of the first and fifth generation, intertwined with poison and steel of first and third.

24. Contradictory naming of days past; you'll find me if another is found.

25. Roaring soul into the next era; all units assemble.

26. My post is base 3 to 4th; times myself to Silent Ark; minus Dualities in hand.

27. 名の六友のセレスティア達 [A series about six main characters, for Casuals anyway. But I have more than one.]

28. Preparation keystone.

----

EXTRA CHALLENGE

29. 792446; everything's ready to go for next year. It's probably a fitting year.

30. I should be relevant today, but yet I'm spending my Easter outclassing your waifu with courage.

[/spoiler]

Deadline

The egg hunt ends on April 17th, 2015 @ 11:59 HST (GMT -10)

We will not end the event early if someone gets all 30 eggs; nor will extensions be given if no one finds them all.

Basically, whoever finds the most by the end wins.

Rules & Guidelines

1. The egg hunt is in effect as soon as the thread is made.

2. When you find the location of an egg, PM me with your findings (either with the name of the thread you found it in, or the member profile that it's in).

Use the same PM to update your findings.

3. Seven of the first 12 main eggs are hidden in threads and/or announcements, and the other five are profile pages. The other 10 main ones are buried randomly; it's your job to find them.

Remember that the challenge eggs are buried in the same manner as eggs 13-22; they can be anywhere on YCM.

4. The hidden eggs will always be at the bottom of the first post in a thread and on the 'About Me' page of a members profile.

They are not hidden in spoilers nor in member signatures.

Members that have eggs in profile should be ones whom you know very well by now. They will not be hidden on some random new member page.

However, this rule applies only for the first 22 eggs; some of the eggs on other profiles will be hidden on obscure members (but still have at least 1,000+ posts).

Hints are your best friend in figuring out the members/threads, whether they're provided here or implicitly given in other areas.

Use them to your advantage in tracking them down.

5. If you find an egg, DON'T tell anyone where it is or try and "trade" information for others. That would be cheating and wouldn't be fun for anyone, plus it'll diminish your chances of winning.

Furthermore, anyone caught doing so will not be allowed to participate further and will be punished severely.

6. If an egg is in your profile, keep it to yourself. Also, if you participate, that egg won't count towards your final score, unless you manage to find every single other one.

7. At the end of the event, whoever has found the most eggs wins a special prize. (See below)

8. At the time of this being posted, all eggs (main ones) are properly situated in their designated areas.

Prizes

• Find at least 12 eggs: Award logo that can be displayed on every post you make (or profile).
  • Find at least 24 eggs: Award logo + membership privileges + 50K points (if you win). Runner-up gets a reduced point prize, but the rest of the stuff.
    • You should find ALL of the main eggs first, in addition to any 3 challenger eggs of your choice; but any 24 eggs count.
    • If you find more than 24, you'll get extra points for any additional ones you find. (2K each)
  • Winner: Award logo + membership privileges for 2 months.

Good luck, all of you.

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Quick question, when you mention an egg may not be further than page 5, does that mean in a single thread, or in a particular forum (CC, TCG, etc)?

In a particular forum.

If it were in a thread, things would be a lot harder.

Also keep in mind that I have added 6 challenge eggs of sorts, due to the amount of people getting multiple eggs quickly.

Those will have more obscure hints.

If you see any of the old Easter eggs (ones with the current YCM logo), they will not count towards this event.

The ones you have to look for, barring the six challenger ones, are provided in the spoiler.

Also edited the description about the first half (moving it to 12; the cutoff for a small prize); the half/half distribution is somewhat incorrect (actually, 7 of them are buried in threads/announcements and other 5 are profile pages).

All of the eggs will be in plain sight in either the OP in a thread OR the About Me.

Some people complained about spoilers last year, because they didn't open.

So yeah, it should be very straight-forward as to where they are.

Except 13 and 14, those must be invisible :P

No, they're in the main post like I said they would be; just that some of them are either buried a few pages or in sections that you haven't looked in yet.

Remember, all of the eggs are spread through the accessible forums of YCM; you need to look through them all.

But yeah, #13/#14 are two of the hardest ones to find; along with #17.

For the record, those are the only eggs in the main ones that haven't been discovered.

Challenge-wise, some of you found a few of them; but others remain hidden.

Those are the eggs that you should be looking for; because I know some of you are mistaking the previous year's ones.
However, those only apply for the first 22 eggs.

Last six were designed as challenge eggs for those of you who did clear all of them quickly.

Well, that's because we designed a technique that allowed for us to easily find the eggs.
A technique that is now impossible to use.

Of course that would be an option if I did post them from their proper image links; but that wouldn't make it any fun.

Then again, there are now two more challenge eggs for your pleasure; making it 30 eggs.

For those of you who've already found the original six; you can search for these last two if you wish; but remember that you should get the main ones first. 

I should've planned this out earlier, but I didn't anticipate some of you finding most of the eggs so quickly.

---

However, there will be a special prize for those of you who do manage to find them all (or at least, the first 28); so consider it as an incentive to find them.

If you guys manage to find at least 12 eggs, you'll get a little award logo that can be displayed on every post you make (or profile).

If you win this event, and don't find all 28-30 eggs, you'll get the award logo + special membership privileges for a while (maybe a month or so).

If you do manage to find all of the challenge eggs in addition to the 22 main ones, you'll get the above + 600K points (and probably some reps).

So yeah, find the challenge eggs and it'll be a big payday for you.

REMINDER: To get the point prize, you must find ALL of the main eggs and at least 6 of the challenger ones (whichever one doesn't matter).

Let's see how many eggs you can find in 2 weeks.

Remember, there are 30 of them; find as many as you can + PM your findings.

A note to all of you playing in this event:

I strongly advise that you find the main eggs first BEFORE tackling the challenger ones.

----

I have lowered the requirement for the point prize to 25 eggs (with any additional eggs over that gaining some bonuses).

They can be any 25; regardless if they are challenge or regular.

Again, the main eggs are easier and should be the primary ones you search.

If you happen to stumble upon the challenge ones while searching, good for you.

So mentioned they could be anywhere. Even Joke Cards and Misc. Is there going to be something in every section, or just some of them?

While I mentioned all of the eggs are spread out, certain sections won't have eggs in them.

Is it alright to say how many are Member eggs and how many are Topic eggs?

I told you that for the first 12.

Last eighteen are up for grabs; if I told you the rest of them, things would be a lot easier.

But I can say that majority of the eggs you need to find are buried in threads/announcements.

----

A small hint on #14:

It involves an Altaria.

Archived