:Alive: First Warning [Ooc/started/accepting closed for Arc 1] [Co-hosted by Hi I'm Dad] [Pg-16]

~Opening - Preserved Roses~

~Ending - Each and All~

untitled_drawing_by_bloodreaverx-d8oo89h

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"What does it mean to live? It is just breathing, eating, and sleeping? Is merely existing really the only point in life?"

The thoughts echo through your head as you go about your day. The world around you resonates the same sound as every day. The sound of a world that's forgotten it's purpose. The inevitable depression sinks in once again as the day stretches onward seemingly devoid of purpose. You go through the same routines, bored even of your depression, and wonder if life is meant to be just this. Still, a part of you holds fast to some small light of hope that someday you will find the answer you seek. Soon the day ends and you rest you return home weary from the days repetition. In spite of all the agony of going on, you tell yourself that things will be better tomorrow, even if you can't find a reason to believe that. You then start to feel weary and rest on your sofa.

You don't remember falling asleep, but when you wake up you're not in your bed; not even in your own home anymore. You're outside somewhere. You can see the sky, but something feels off. The sky outstretched before you is a dull rusted brown, with heavy dust clouds blocking out the sun. Fear starts to take you momentarily, but you suppress it, telling yourself that panicking now can only do you harm. You look around to get your bearings, but only see piles of rubble and debris. There are buildings off in the distance, but every one of them is crumbling and dilapidated.

"Am I in a war zone? What the hell is this place? Where am I?"

You pull yourself to your feet, then stumble as you try to walk. Your head hurts slightly and you can't seem to see straight. Your vision blurs and you start to feel nauseated, but somehow manage to stay on your feet and keep from vomiting. Something tells you to check your pockets, so you do. You don't remember sleeping with your cell phone on you, but it's there. The service is dead, but you do notice a new app has finished downloading.

":Alive: Survival app?"

Upon opening the app, a cheerful female voice speaks to you.

"Hello! Welcome to your :Alive: Survival application! Here you can view any information on Majin you or your allies have encountered, as well as any relevant information that you and your fellow Survivors have obtained, access a GPS map created by yourself and fellow Survivors, look at a Majin tracking radar, communicate with your fellow Survivors, and even look at and customize your Fayth from here! I am Yuel! Your guide to the following events. It's a pleasure to meet you! Oh, it seems as if you haven't been given your instructions quite yet. You must be scared and confused. Never fear! Simply make your way to this designated point to receive all of your Survivor instructions."

Yuel opens a mostly blank map portion of the :Alive: app, then marks a point somewhere off in the darkness. On it you can see six other marks similar to your own making their way to the waypoint. You decide that it's probably best to go to the waypoint, if for no other reason then to find some sort of answer to why you're in such a decayed city.

As you move, you start to get the feeling that you're being watched. The map reads no indication that there are any other living things near you, but you still hear scratching, scurrying, and low growling from not far off. Eventually you here a scream in the distance, so you start to run. Your footsteps echo through the ruins as you do, along with a new set of footsteps from behind you. You glance to your back, continuing to run, and see some horrible beast chasing you from not far off. You can't quite make out it's shape, nor can you clearly see what it is, but you do see it's bright glowing eyes. The fear you'd been trying to keep suppressed boils over and you start to run faster. The beast speeds up too. You look down to your map and see that you're almost there. You turn the corner and book it straight for your destination, the beast now so close you can feel it's breath on your neck.

Then as you reach the destination, a small beep is emitted from your cell phone, and the beast slams against a strange wall of golden light. You're sure that it was not their before, yet you hear the load thud of the beasts impact. As the beast retreats, you begin to survey the area around you, eventually noticing that a few others have arrived as well. Once the last person passes the invisible threshold, a large golden cross explodes in the sky above you, as a loud voice booms in the area.

"Welcome Survivors. I am Zephiel, First Seat of Compassion. I am pleased to see that you all made it here unharmed. I am sure many of you are wondering where you are, what is happening, and
why you are here.

I shall answer the question of where first. Some of you may have already recognized this place, but for those who have not, you are in what was once New York City, in Time Square during the year 2025. Yes, you have each been sent ten years into the future. In the year 2016, something changed the course of the human race. We do not know what it was, but we do know why. You actively bring harm to all other life forms on your planets, yourselves included. You exist for nothing more then the sake of existing and live with no purpose. Yet you make no attempts to better yourselves. Therefor, the Majin were released upon humanity, and in two years time, the last traces of human life are extinguished. However, each of you were different. You each dared to question why you lived and searched yourself for a purpose. Despite finding no answers, you continued to hold hope that you would find one eventually. Therefor, the Tenjin have decided to give humanity a chance.

In this time, the world is overrun by Majin, who will mercilessly hunt and kill you should they find you. Therefor you have two objectives. The first is to find out how the Majin were able to escape and how what events lead the world to the state it is now in. The second, is to survive in this world for one years time and fend off the Majin while you do. However, traditional weapons will not harm a Majin. They are immortal to all weapons made by man. That is why we the Tenjin have awakened a Fayth within each of you. Use this power to defend yourselves and each other and find the answer , for should even one of the seven of you die, then you will not be able to halt the course of events.

You have also been given a form of information gathering on your mobile devices. The :Alive: Survival application will provide you with everything that you will need to stay alive in this world, with the exception of food, water, and shelter. However as it stands now, the system is nearly empty. Do not despair though, the :Alive: Survival application will automatically record any information that you collect over the course of the year and share it with your fellow Survivors. Filling the application with as much information as possible is key to facing the Majin and reversing the fate of your race.

With this in mind, I bid you all good luck. You have one year to discover the course of events that lead to your extinction. But never forget, no matter what happens you must all survive."

The golden cross disappears and you look to the other people around you, unable to believe what you've been told. Many of what the voice, Zephiel said makes no sense to you. This is the kind of stuff that only ever happened in fiction, yet the evidence was all around you. For the following year, this would be your reality. As you slowly start to accept this truth, a thought drifts into your head.

"What does it mean to live?"

[spoiler=Plot] So you and 6 other people are transported into the future where the world has been destroyed by a race of monsters called the Majin. Your job is to find out how that happened by attempting to gather any information you can find remaining while avoiding a horrible death from one of the Majin. The best way to do this is probably to work together, since if even one of you fails then you all fail and the human race will be eliminated. No pressure though. To do this, you've each been given a power called "Fayth" to fight the Majin. This is your only weapon against them, since conventional human weaponry does literally nothing to them. You also have the :Alive: Survival app, which is an app that was downloaded to your phone when you were transported through time used to gather and store information on the Majin and on the events surrounding humanities downfall.

Now for what wasn't already mentioned. This is... I guess a somewhat different rp then my usual ones and probably from a lot of other rp's on the site (as far as I know at least. I never looked at every rp here). While enjoyment IS it's primary focus, the story of :Alive: will (attempt) to make those involved and those following it think on a philosophical level about what it really means to be alive. Is it just simple moving, breathing, eating, and sleeping or is there some over arcing point in our existence as humans? Do we exist simply for the sake of it or is their a reason that the human race was created? Of course there's no right or wrong answer to this, but as a sub plot, your goal will be to see if the seven individual players can each come to the same answer (or at least a similar answer) to the question of human existence. This WILL play a minor part in the over arcing story as well, but players are encouraged to think of the main plot above this.

Lastly, the rp will force players to make several choices that wil determine the outcome of the rp, even minor choices will play a role in what the ending will be. Each choice made will push the influence of the ending further in one direction or the other. In short, this rp has multiple possibilities for the ending, and each character will get an individual ending. Whether the ending is bad, good, or neutral will ultimately effect the "true ending" to the rp. That being said, I'd rather not have us all aim for an ending, but naturally get one as the rp proceeds. Thus the factors that will decide the state of the whole ending and each characters endings will be kept hidden. If anyone ever played Silent Hill 2 though, the decision process will somewhat resemble this (that's the only clue you get). Obviously, I won't decide what exactly your characters ending will be. I'm not playing the character after all. If I see that your character was leaning towards one ending or another however, I will PM you the result of your characters ending. From their, you decide what that ending is. [/spoiler]

[spoiler=Rules]

1. Well, I mentioned some things in the plot that are somewhat significant, so... read and follow that I guess.

2. Don't spam post. What I mean is, don't post, wait for another person to post, and post again after them. When you post wait for 2-3 posts after yours before replying. If you go more then a week without posting then you'll be warned. If you don't respond, you'll be replaced (regardless of how irritating it will be to figure out a decent and explainable way to do that.) With this in mind, if there is some reason why you can't post for more then a week, let me know and I'll assume control of your character until you can come back.

3. This is an animesque rp meant to be enjoyed as well as provoke philosophical thoughts about the nature of humanity and our place in the world. Just keep that in mind when making characters and posting.

4. Obviously there's only going to be 6 slots open for the rp. This might change depending on the course the rp takes, but for the start and most likely a good duration of the rp there will only be myself and 6 other members involved.

5. When you post make sure it's at least a paragraph long. I'm not gonna be a prick about grammar (since mine isn't always perfect) but I at least want you to post enough so that the other rpers know what's going on. No script format either. In short, standard YCM rp rules apply.

6. Despite the heavy work together tone, you're not required to do this. Don't get me wrong, working together in the rp is a far better idea then trying to lone wolf it, but in some cases, for the sake of drama, [/spoiler]

[spoiler=:Alive: Survival app]
Gonna go on record and say that Rinne had the right idea when he made a Google doc with all the side info on it. It's a pain to constantly have to update the main page for this, so I'm going to steal borrow his idea for the :Alive: app.
Regarding the rules here:
It's been stated already that each player will gather intel on the Majin and other such stuff. As such, everyone will be allowed to update the contents as they please provided they don't go ballistic with it.
It's pretty much required that you check in and whenever you can. However, only myself or the co-host (should the rp get one) will be allowed to change or update anything within the "Events thus far" section. Use that only as a reference for when you lose

:Alive: Survival app

[/spoiler]

Survivors:

[spoiler=Application]

("Headshot and quote by your character.")

Name:
Fayth Name: (Name it after any mythological god)
Fayth Element: (See the :Alive: Survival app)
Fayth Description: (Include weapon shape, spells, and other abilities. They have to be related to the god your Fayth is named for)
Personality: (Just a paragraph. Character personalities are likely going to change over the course of the rp so not too much is needed.)
Appearance: ( 2 paragraph minimum or a pic with details about any extra information )
Biography: ( 2 paragraph minimum. At least one describing your past before the shift and one describing the events that lead you to Times Square. )
[/spoiler]

• Replies 174
  • Created
  • Last Reply

And here's my app now that I'm not feeling so lazy.

[spoiler=Riku Satsura]

images_zps1yjjgytr.jpg

"God has abandoned us... No... he just never existed in the first place..."

Name: Riku Satsura

Fayth Name: Izanagi

Fayth Element: Holy

Fayth Description:

Shape - Izanagi takes the shape of a large katana, with an azure blue blade about 6 1/2 feet long and 1/2 foot wide. The crossguard is wide as well, and resembles a koi fish slashing out of a lake to symbolize when the god Izanagi washed his face in the river. The sword aside, Izanagi comes with a black gauntlet for the right hand. The gauntlet is used to keep grip on the sword part of Izanagi, as well as aid in blocking and parrying small attacks.

Spells

Misogi - Misogi creates three small sphere's, red, green, and blue, that rotate around Riku until he chooses to release them. When he releases the blue sphere, a wave of energy washes over Riku and his allies, restoring their strength. When the red sphere is released, it becomes a large mirror that will block oncoming Spells. Lastly, when Riku releases the green sphere, it divides into several smaller spheres that seek out Majin within Riku's :Alive: radar, and create tornado's of Holy energy on impact with the Majin or walls, dealing decent damage, but nothing greatly substantial.

Totsuka - Summons several katana’s and yari’s around Riku for him to either wield as a second blade or fire at Majin as if they were missiles. Each has a razor sharp edge capable of slicing through even the hardest armor, but their durability is rather low, so they will break after a few hits or upon impact if used as a missile.

Kuniumi - A powerful blast of Holy energy released from Izanagi when Riku casts the spell. Quick to cast and cuts with like the blade it was thrown from. 

Defiant Life - A spell that refers to the response Izanagi gave to Izanami when he sealed Yomi. Defiant Life will cast automatically as long as Riku holds Izanagi, causing his wounds to heal at an accelerated rate and keep him from dying in battle. However, this spell isn't without limits. Should Defiant Life stop Riku from dying twice before giving himself ample time to recover, then the spell will expire, leaving Riku vulnerable.

Personality:

The majority of Riku's true thoughts on people and situations tend to remain locked up in his head. Yes, Riku is the type of person that likes to mask his personality and keep his real thoughts to himself. It's not that Riku's anti-social though, quite the opposite. He just feels that his actual thoughts never have any relevance or that they're not really worth mentioning most of the time. Despite this, Riku's outwardly a kind individual, who tries to keep everyone's spirits high and urges them on even when things look bleak. However inside, he's something more of a despairing soul, and sometimes wonders if he himself can continue. That thought is not helped by his tendency to act recklessly and without thinking when things get rough. This makes it an even greater wonder how he's able to stay as calm as he is so often.

Appearance:

If the name didn't already give it away, Riku's a Japanese boy, standing an average height of 5"8. Well average for his age and race. He's something of a thinish boy too, with no muscle definition and somewhat pale skin. He's not particularly unattractive either. Nothing to look twice at by most standards, but he is something of a cute boy in some regard. His hair is wavy and brown, unlike most of his black haired peers, This is partly due to the fact that while Riku is Japanese, he is also half white as well. It's a noticeable feature too, as Riku's had a few problems with his status as an "outsider". It doesn't help much that he has light gray-blue eyes either.

At the time of the shift, Riku was wearing fairly casual clothing. Apart from the white hoodie jacket that he'd sewn cat ears onto at his ex-girlfriend Chigusa's request. The pockets of that jacket are lined with blue as well as the zipper lining. The back of his jacket has a large emblem of a fox in the center of his back. Rather inconveniently for him he was also wearing wearing a set of blue flame designed earmuff headphones, which he began to regret after the time shift due to how uncomfortable it was wearing them. Underneath his jacket is just a plain black tee-shirt. For his lower body he's fortunate that he was wearing military camo cargo jeans. The usual tight fit jeans he wore would have proven a problem in this new timeline. As for shoes, he wears a pair of blue and white Nike brand running shoes.

Biography:

Not very long ago, in a small town on the shores of Tokyo prefecture, an American college student studying abroad found herself lost and confused the day she was meant to return home. When she felt that all hope was lost, a Japanese college student showed her the way back to her rendezvous site. However, the young American girl never left Japan. She instead decided to marry the man who'd helped her, and not much later, Riku was born.

Yes, Riku was born half American and half Japanese. For most of his life he was called an outsider because of that. Even though he was born and raised in Japan AND was still half Japanese, Riku's always been labelled an outsider by his peers. His little sister Mako got off much easier then he, seeing as she was a girl and all, but Riku never seemed to get a break from it. After a while it stopped bothering him though. Not like the words of a bunch of high and mighty thugs were ever going to hold any value in his life.

Things got easier when he entered high school too. Partly because he met Yusuke and became best friends with him. The two of them were inseparable all throughout their high school life, even if Yusuke would often times ditch Riku for girls. Even so, Yusuke's company made Riku a little happier for a bit. He also met his high school sweetheart Chigusa through Yusuke. So the three high schoolers grew closer and spent all of their spare time together, and eventually graduated together.

That's when things began to turn poor for Riku. For starters, Riku found out that Chigusa, who he'd been with for almost 5 years now, had been seeing Yusuke behind his back for one of those years. When he confronted the two of them about it, naturally Chigusa dumped him when he did, and her and Yusuke both began avoiding him despite their claims that they both cared about him and wanted to remain friends. About a week after that, his father suddenly died of a stroke. So Riku felt more alone then ever before, with nothing but his thoughts to comfort him. It was around this time that he started to think about his place in life. What was his purpose in the world? What was he meant to do? 

That's when Riku found him self in the desecrated hellscape that was now New York City. At first he was afraid, but after a few moments he managed to suppress his fear and move on. For some reason he had his phone on him too, but of course the service was out. There was something different about it though. For one, the battery was fully charged. In addition to this, a new app had been downloaded. The :Alive: Survival app? Strange, he didn't remember downloading anything like that, yet there it was. When he opened it, a voice calling herself Yuel gave him a map and marked a spot not far from him. She also told him everything would be explained once he made it there. He didn't have much choice but to listen at that point.

Trivia:

[url=https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5L3wdni3Qn8]Riku's Theme[/url]  [url=https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6LZziuxPMbo]Riku's Battle Theme[/url]
  • A lot of thought was put into Riku's name, but in the end, Riku was the best not because it meant anything special, but because it sounded soft enough to fit his personality, but also sounded strong enough to also fit a warriors name.
  • Originally Riku's Fayth was going to be a Fire based Fayth named for Apollo. This was changed because the god Apollo seemed like a poor match for Riku. Odin was also up for consideration, but again, Odin didn't seem to fit. When I thought about the journey Riku was going to take, it reminded me of Izanagi's journey into Yomi, and the way Izanagi was before this. This seemed to fit well enough for Riku, a so his Fayth became Izanagi.
  • Prior to being pulled into the  future, Riku was a Freshman at Tokyo University studying Applied Sciences.
  • Izanagi's shape was originally going to be a crystalline parasitic sword that would graft itself onto Riku's right arm. The change was due to the lack of mobility and the inability to brace the sword properly with his other hand.
[/spoiler]

I'm so interested in this! Later today i'll definetely make an app! But just a quick question... Do we know what Majins look like (and if yes, how do they look like?) and if i can't find a headshot for my character, what shall i do?

We do not know what Majin look like yet. The general idea though is that they're probably going to be mostly horrifying eldritch abominations and a few mythological monsters and such. Basically if someone somewhere had a nightmare about it as some time then it's probably going to be a Majin.

The headshot's not that big a deal though. I often times prefer to right out my characters appearance over using a pic, therefor I don't always have a headshot that even slightly resembles the character.

I am actually gathering stuff for my character right now! so before anyone takes my Fayth and character i'll make a WIP app....

[spoiler="The Smart Princess | The Blooming Moon"]

"Shut up! I'm reading!"

Name: Luna Divona

Fayth Name: Diana

Fayth Element: Earth

[spoiler="Fayth Description"]

Weapon Shape: [spoiler="Blooming Bow"]729px-Madoka_Bow.jpg?20110320154150

(Like this, just remove the Madoka, i couldn't find any better pictures!) [/spoiler]

[spoiler="Abilities"] Blooming Bow: this bow shoots magical arrows, stronger in the moonlight, that when they kill something will turn into a rose or a fruit. The rose on top of the bow also blooms slowly (faster in the moonlight) and the more it blooms, the stronger the bow is!

Talking to Animals: No description needed...

Excellent Hunting: She can hunt amazingly while using her Fayth powers

Moonlight: During nighttime while using her Fayth powers, Luna's more agile and if exposed to direct moonlight, invisible. [/spoiler]

[spoiler="Spells"]

Moon Drops: She can generate little projectiles to shoot at her target, they are very fast but do almost no damage, but during nighttime, they can blind the target for a few seconds.

Perfect Bloom: She can touch a wound to heal it in short time.

Golden Deer: Luna can summon a golden deer to ride around, she can then make them disappear in a cloud of gold dust.

Golden Fox: Luna can summon a golden fox companion which will help her in battles, she can then dissolve it into gold dust. The fox though can die and when it does it will turn into gold dust.

Regina Aurum: Luna transforms her bow into a pair of golden pistols, and she can also reverse the transformation. The pistols are faster than the bow, but deal less damage. [/spoiler]

[/spoiler]

[spoiler="Personality"] She's very smart, her passions being chemistry and general science. Despite her girly clothing, she isn't very girly, she prefers reading or studying anytime over shopping. She can be rude at times, but mostly when she's interrupted. She likes to have control over the events and prefers to study and observe stuff before approaching it. Living in a rich family also made her a bit materialistic. She's very bossy and can obtain whatever she wants, no matter what. She's a bit shy, but once you come to know her, she becomes a lot more open (maybe too much). Her favourite foods are macarons and french fries. She also loves taking long walks at night, and stargazing. She also recently got interested in gardening, and sometimes does it while she isn't studying. She's very confident in herself and others. [/spoiler]

[spoiler="Appearance"]q9rQ1fg.jpg

[/spoiler]

[spoiler="Biography"] Luna was born and always lived in a noble family from England. She was homeschooled so she didn't have any friends of her age, but she made friends with the maids and butlers around the Manor. She loved learning new things and knowing everything about every single thing around her, so Science quickly became her favorite subject. She was very close to her family especially to her mother, which she truly loves and admires. Her mother's a Royal but also an important business woman, CEO of an entire society. Luna admires her and got many traits of her personality from her. Luna always wondered what life was meant for, everyone's life must have a meaning she thought...

One day, she was sitting on a couch in the library, reading books, she got up and took a sip of her tea. Then she stopped and started thinking about her life, she didn't want to be just some sort of princess, she wanted to be more, but she didn't know how or why... That's when she got very tired and fell asleep on her couch. Later when she woke up she found herself in what looked like Times Square but all ruined and destroyed. She looked in her hands and saw her phone. A notification appeared on the phone saying that ":Alive: Survival App" was installed.

Luna opened it in curiosity, and a womanly voice giving her directions "I don't take directions from anyone!" Luna thougt "But what shall i do at this point?!" so she followed the woman's instruction... [/spoiler]

[spoiler="Miscellaneous"]

[spoiler="Theme Song"] https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y4JfPlry-iQ[/spoiler]

• She loves music especially electronic
  • Luna means moon in italian and it matches her Fayth's name Diana, since she's the goddess of the moon, hunting and woods.
  • Diana is also often associated with a golden deer, that's why many of her attacks are based off gold.
  • Her spell Regina Aurum means Queen of Gold in latin. [/spoiler]

[/spoiler]

Welp. Don'e with Riku. Now to find the other 4 people .3.

Also threw a Majin in the Bestiary so that people both know how to list them have an idea of how they'll be. That and it'd be irritating to start off with absolutely nothing to go off of what we're going to fight.

Posting my WIP right now!

[spoiler=Amaris Ishida - The Moonlit Survivor]

thumb.jpg

"Hopes and dreams of a better future... I suppose it's up to us to make that wish a reality."

Name: Amaris Ishida
Fayth Name: Tsukuyomi/Tsukuyomi-no-Mikoto/Tsuki no Kami
Fayth Element: Light
[spoiler=Fayth Description:]

Shape

Sōtsuki / 双月 (lit. Twin Moons) - Tsukuyomi takes the appearance of a pair of dual crescent moon blades, the blades are of pure white (matching that of the moon), whilst the hilts are pitch black with a dark blue to compliment it.

Abilities

Tsuki-shō / 月相 (lit. Moonphase) - An ability given to Amaris by his Fayth. This technique/style, is the fighting style that he uses, utilizing the dual crescent moon blades he wields as well as calling upon his Fayth's strength to cast the Spells that show the embodiment of the moon itself. In this, Amaris utilizes his own strength, his Fayth, and even the energy from the moon itself to fight. An interesting thing to note is that in most styles that Amaris uses when he casts some spells, is that the blades on Sotsuki change appearance and shape, almost like the phases of the moon itself.

Never Together - An ability that Amaris has by his Fayth. Due to Tsukuyomi being the moon god, Amaris' Spells and attacks would be severely weakened due to the lack of moonlight. This is a reference to Tsukuyomi and Amaterasu's relationship after she refused to look at him again. However, within the confides of moonlight and night, Amaris' Fayth begins to be increased.

Spells

Shingetsu / 新月 (lit. New Moon) - When using this, Sotsuki's blade appearance becomes that of a pitch black circular blade. This Spell/Style allows Amaris to keep his stance strong and become that of a wall. Sotsuki's new black circular blade appearance, this allows the attacks to be absorbed by these "shield" blades, stored as energy for later uses.There is no attacking when Shingetsu is in use, however, meaning Amaris would be vulnerable. He resorts to this when the Spell/Attack is a big one.

Hangetsu / 半月 (lit. Half-Moon) - When using this, Sotsuki's blade appearance becomes that of a quarter moon. This Spell/Style allows Amaris to strike strong with a fluid stance. Sotsuki's quarter moon appearance allows the strikes to hit harder and even to come together to form a full moon. With this, if enough energy is used, Amaris can launch a beam of moonlight to his desired target, which can split into the two halves if desired.

Mangetsu / 満月 (lit. Full Moon) - When using this, Sotsuki's blade appearance becomes similar to that of Shingetsu, however it is a pure white circular blade. This Spell/Style allows Amaris to be a wall, as Shingetsu allows, but it gives him room to move around. Along with being able to move freely whilst defending, Mangetsu allows Amaris to throw the pure white circular blades of Sotsuki at the Majin/Opponent as a projectile.

Mikadzuki / 三日月 (lit. Crescent Moon) - When using this, Sotsuki's blade appearance actually stays the same. This Spell/Style is the one Amaris prefers to main, as it allows him to move quickly and strike faster than the others. With this in use, Amaris is also able to send out waves of light energy in the shape of a crescent to his desired targets.

Gekkō / 月光 (lit. Moonbeams) - Amaris calls upon his Fayth to unleash energy stored up within Sotsuki and even himself to revitalize him and those around him, if desired. However, if the energy begins to run low, Amaris will immediately feel himself begin to weaken.

[/spoiler]

[spoiler=Personality:]

Amaris is a very kind hearted young soul. He is always ready to lend a helping hand to those in need, friends or not. However, with this, he is also very disciplined, thanks to his kendo training. Amaris does his best to try and see the good in everything, however very small the good is in the situation given. In some occasions, he does tend to become a bit of a distant person, especially if he's in deep thought...which is most usually the case of why he's quiet. Most notably, is Amaris' strong determination. No matter what, he never stops or quits with anything and he always does his best to finish what he started. It is this noble and strong determination and will that has truly defined Amaris.

[/spoiler]

[spoiler=Appearance:]

9488098961_3fb20b2dd1_n.jpg

[/spoiler]

[spoiler=Biography:]

"Who would've thought...that my life was leading me up to this moment in time...?"

Amaris was born in Kyoto, but his family moved quickly to Tokyo, because of a job opportunity. Thus, Amaris was thrust into the hustle and bustle of the busy city of Tokyo. This, however, did not deter the young Ishida boy...

He found that Tokyo actually offered more than Kyoto would've, especially with his father working at the TV studio in the city. The downside to this, was he never truly saw his father much anymore. You see, after they moved to Tokyo, Amaris' mother fell ill and was bedridden for several months, before she finally passed. This meant that Amaris' father was now working extra hard to provide for himself and his son, and this meant that he would be working a lot...leaving Amaris to himself.

It wasn't all bad, from a certain point of view. To himself, Amaris actually was able to keep time to meditate on life and even work on training. Amaris was in love with kendo and with him having time devoted to himself now, he was able to train quite a bit in the art of kendo, even making first place in a championship, which caused his father to truly be proud of him. However, time found itself changing around Amaris...

He found himself one beautiful woman, Asa, the one he had been going out with and been friends with since they were young. Under a moonlit night, he was prepared to possibly propose to her. When they met together that night, however...it turned out differently. Asa admitted to Amaris that she couldn't see him again, due to the fact that her family did not find him suitable for their daughter. Because of that, Amaris was left alone that night under the moon...and if this wasn't bad enough for him...when he awoke from his sleep...stranger things happened.

Amaris woke up, finding himself in the obvious wartorn location of Times Square, New York. How was this even possible? He was in Tokyo... Grabbing his phone, he tried to call his father...but no signal nor service. Further inspection showed that an app had finished downloading: :Alive: Survival App. What was this? He hadn't downloaded this...had he? Upon opening it, Amaris was met by the voice of Yuel, showing him a map and a place to go...who would've thought that when he went to the desired location...he'd be met by the bright light of a cross and even a very grim truth.[/spoiler]

Other:

Amaris' Theme | Amaris' Battle Theme

• His name means nothing special, except for his first name: Amaris. The name Amaris is actually of Hebrew origin meaning "Given of God", however, in the Spanish use of it, the name means, "Child of the moon". As one could guess, the Spanish use is the one that lines up with his Fayth.
  • The idea of turning Tsukuyomi into a pair of dual crescent blades originated from both this image and from a scrapped character for an RP who actually was Tsukuyomi in disguise...named Amaris.
  • Originally, the debate on Amaris' Fayth element was a toss between Darkness (dealing with night), Light (dealing with the moon itself), and Water (due to the fact of the moon is usually mentioned when speaking about the oceans).
  • Tsuki-sho, Amaris' ability/fighting style that he uses with Tsukuyomi is based on the multiple phases of the moon. However, the fighting style can be almost compared to Katekyo Hitman Reborn's Shigure Soen Ryu, with him being able to use two offensive and two defensive moves, aside from Gekko.
  • The naming of Amaris' Spells/Techniques was actually a stab/attempt of a stab at the naming of the ever famous Zanpakuto in Bleach, Zangetsu and even the Final Getsuga move: Mugetsu.
  • Amaris' ex-girlfriend, Asa, was actually a stab at the relationship of Amaterasu and Tsukuyomi, as Asa, which in Japanese is translated as "Born at Dawn", whilst Amaris is "Child of the Moon". The fact of Asa's family not wanting Amaris and her to be together, was the human version of how I thought of them never seeing each other again, whilst in the actual legend, it's because Tsukuyomi killed another god because of the preparation of food, and Amaterasu becoming enraged at this.

[/spoiler]

Well I like it so far .3. Especially since you managed to make an interesting ability out of the only legend Tsukuyomi really plays a role in.

Yep, I thought I'd use that as sort of a backlash for Amaris, only because he does have a Moon based Fayth, and we won't be always fighting at night...wasn't too hard to think of

xD

Gonna say fuck it and write up my app now.  I'm too excited for this.

[spoiler=Christina Yates]

2pqvyw7.jpg

"I got two words for you.  'Hell.  Yeah.'"

Name:  Christina Yates, the Undying Flame
Fayth Name: Ares
Fayth Element: Fire
Fayth Description: Ares.  The god of war.  The artisan of destruction.  The mad being.  As it's name suggests, Fayth Ares is highly offensive, with minor mobility.  Boasting the shape of two powerful gauntlets, Ares is ablaze whenever it is active.  The gauntlets are much like boxing gloves, and fit Christina exactly.  The gauntlets are a crimson red, and their bands around their ends are gold and white striped.  They lead up into the actual gauntlet.  It appears to be similar to leather, because of the flames that distort the image of the gauntlets.  In reality, they are made of an incredibly powerful metal.  Though light in weight, they are heavy in impact.  On the knuckles ends, 3 four inch spikes on either gauntlet protrude from the knuckles, and adjust from four inches to being retracted completely at Christina's will.  

In addition to the Gauntlets of Ares, Christina wields five powerful spells.

[spoiler=Spells]

As a natural fighter, Christina enjoys fighting.  Passively, she will grow more aggressive as she stays in combat.  She has great tenacity, and can fight for extreme lengths of time.  She is more encouraged when she is with an ally or protecting someone.  This is her Passion of a Thousand Suns.

Burst Fist:  Christina cocks her right arm back, and punches forward as hard as she can.  She draws in oxygen from around her, and pulls back her flames as she withdraws her arm.  When she releases the punch, her flames burst forward in a small cone in front of her.  She can move while she does this.

Blazing Feet:  Christina sacrifices a small amount of her damage by moving her flames from her gauntlets to her feet.  For a short duration (at most, ten seconds) she becomes 50% faster, 25% lighter in weight, and is 10% more tenacious.  This allows her to perceive the opponent's intentions better and dodge, roll, and generally avoid taking damage for a short duration.  Of course this means she will also be putting out less damage as well.

Dark Spark:  Christina dashes forward with only a single hand ablaze, and unleashes a powerful, wide arc uppercut in an area in front of her.  This maneuver leaves her open to counter attack however, if she misses.

HELL YEAH!:  Her signature technique.  Christina erupts from the ground and turns herself into a flaming missile as she rockets into the air.  She engulfs her entire body in the flames of Ares, and plummets back down to a target area, turning everything beneath her into ash.  Or at least scorching it beyond recognition.  She cannot do this often.  It requires virtually all of her energy, and puts her in a dangerous state of vulnerability after using it.  When using this technique, she is making a conscious decision to put herself at great risk for a chance of eliminating her enemies.  At most, she can do this once per day.[/spoiler]

Personality:  Christina is very aggressive.  She does not care for showing her true nature, and it takes a lot for her to trust someone.  That being said, she cares a lot.  Even for strangers, Christina will go to great lengths to help.  She is not very open, and sometimes it will take some time to get to know her.  However, once you've manged to break her shell, Christina is very friendly.  She loves to laugh, and is very proud of her smile.  Her heart burns as passionately as her aggression.  If someone were to threaten someone she cared for, or just a bystander on the street, she would interfere, intervene, and step in.  It is this loving heart that kept her from losing hope for her own future.

Appearance: Christina stands at five feet, eleven inches.  She is not particularly muscular, but because of how she was raised, her build is athletic.  Her hair is a proud auburn red, and it brings out her grey eyes.  Her cheek bones are a bit raised, and she has three freckles on the right cheek of her face.  Her lips are small, and her nose is as cute as a button.  It fits her face perfectly.  Her hair is shoulder length, neatly brushed, and is one of her more prominent features.  Her breasts are average in size, at a C cup.  And though she does not show it, Christina has one tattoo on her back.  

It is a tattoo of an angel whose sword is ablaze.  The free hand of the angel is outstretched, as if reaching for something or someone.  She wears a dark grey, sleeveless top, where the halo of the angel is just visible at her hair line.   She also wears short cut blue Capri shorts, just reaching her thighs.  Her legs are toned, but nice in shape in size.  She wears ankle length white socks, and white and grey running shoes.  The laces in her shoes are also white and grey, intertwining with each other.  Christina also has a birthmark on her right calf.  It resembles an ink blot, but it is hardly noticeable.  

Biography:  Before the time change, Christina was born and raised in Los Angeles.  Her parents were good people, always giving to the community, aiding the homeless, sharing what they had with the less fortunate.  And just around the time of her 22nd birthday, her mother and father had announced they were looking to adopt a young boy from one of the homeless shelters that they frequented.  How they found the time to do the things they did was miraculous to Christina.  Her father was a full time gym instructor and personal coach.  Her mother was a professor at one of the most prestigious colleges in their area.  Yet her parents were always up and about doing some form of charity work.  Things weren't always on the up and up.  Christina found herself depressed when she couldn't figure out what to do with herself.  She wanted to have a great career like her mother and father, but she didn't want to be a teacher, or a doctor, or a lawyer.  She had no interest in marine biology or animal reservations.  Her grades began to fall off, and Christina found herself in a slump some nights.  It was difficult for her, until her dad stepped in.  Shortly after opening his gym, Christina's father took her under his wing in an attempt to better their relationship and free Christina's mind.  At the time, she was only 14.  But sooner, rather than later, she had become obsessed with visiting her father's gym.  Watching various patrons practice and box in the ring was the most excitement she would get every day.  Soon after reaching high school, she found herself at the gym more than she was at home studying.  Eventually, she dropped out, and went on to pursue boxing as a career.

When they weren't busy, Christina and her father, Aaron Yates, were training each other.  He was making Christina out to be a professional boxer.  And fortunately, from a young age, Christina had already fallen in love with the sport.  To have her father encourage her only pushed her passion to further pursue boxing as a career.  Of course, all of that changed when the fire nation attacked when she fell asleep one night.

Waking up, her home was gone.  She wasn't even in Nevada anymore.  She didn't recognize this place.  But an instinct told her to get up, and to get up fast.  When she did, it was already dark.  She was surrounded by glowing eyes.  She began to back away, bumping into a dilapidated old skyscraper.  There weren't many where she lived before, and she knew now that something wasn't right.  Carefully, she inched around the building, but the eyes grew closer to her.  She panicked, and broke out into a full sprint.  She didn't know where she was going, but she hoped to lose whatever these things were in the city.  And upon turning and seeing this city's skyline, its broken, battered, dark skyline, her heart sank.  Everything she could see was rubble, rust, and destruction.  She darted inside another broken building, and hid behind a tall countertop.  She could hear whatever those creatures were that were chasing her, pawing around the area.  She slowed her breathing, and tried to figure out where she was.  She took her cellphone from her pocket, hoping the gps could tell her something.  Her battery was near dead, and she didn't have much of a signal.  However, she noticed a strange application she hadn't seen before.

"Survival App?" she thought to herself.  She hovered her finger over it, before the application loudly voiced her concerns, and she could hear the creatures looking for her suddenly hear the voice on her phone.

" . . . You must be scared and confused. Never fear!--"

"Little late for that!" she said as she jumped over the countertop and dashed out of the building.  She continued listening as the application gave her instructions, and pointed her towards a destination.  She was still running, constantly, narrowly avoiding whatever these things were behind her, until she finally turned a different corner.  She could hear the creatures thud behind her, and she was anxious to poke her head out and take a look.  However, she refrained from doing so, and simply stopped to catch her breath.  That is, until the sky above her erupted into a powerful cross and nearly made her wet her pants.  "Christ!" she yelled as a voice began to boom over her head.  That was when she noticed she wasn't alone.  There were others here now.  And she couldn't help but wonder what the hell was going on.

Other:  Selected Theme, "Lights Out".[/spoiler]

Actually, I'll change to the 16-20 yr old female instead... cause damn Safebooru and its overbearing on chicks <_<

[spoiler=Destiny Barrach, the Young Lady That Invites Death]

Untitled15_zpsdwncrbyc.png

"Cross me, and I'll be your death too..."

[hr]

Personal Information:

Name: [acronym='She prefers to just be called Des']Destiny Barrach[/acronym]

Personality: To a lot of people, Destiny comes off as cold and aloof, and as to be expected from a goth, she has a negative outlook on life as a whole. On top of that, she considers those with the inverse to be naive. Des claims to have considerable willpower, but for someone who does, she seems very accepting of her bleak changes of recovery... and she certainly makes no effort to better herself. Truth be told, Des feels very hollow inside, and if something does make it past her stone cold exterior, it hits her pretty damn hard. However, Destiny seems to no longer be phased by all this wanton destruction that now surrounds her, and is prepared to fight for her life more than ever.
Appearance: Destiny is rather tall for a young woman. She stands at a solid 5' 10", although the thigh-high boots she wears make her look 6' 2", and she has a BWH ratio of 24-20-21. Her attire is mostly black; the only current exceptions are the iron grey trenchcoat that she wears over her tube-top and the scarf wrapped around her neck.

c23b31b869554ec8b04842ec99a7f851d4097123

[hr]

Combat Information:

Fayth Name: Thanatos
Fayth Element:  Darkness
Fayth Description: As the Greek God of Death, it's only natural that Thanatos grafts an intimidating weapon. In this case, Thanatos has grafted a large, two-handed sword with a cobalt blue blade and an iron grey hilt, the central part of which is shaped like a skull. Two small orange flames can be seen glowing from what appear to be the eyes of the skull, and another larger orange flame is found close to the tip of the blade itself. The flames are all protected by glass orbs, and hang upside-down from oil-coated steel wicks. A black aura can be seen swirling around the blade if one stares hard enough at the blade itself. Despite the sword itself producing flames, this aura feels very cold, and the slightest contact with it can send chills down one's spine. Thick, blood red chains surround the handle, to act as a hand-guard for the wielder.

Fayth Spells:

Consuming Arc: The aura emanating from Thanatos builds and builds and swirls faster and faster, until Destiny swings Thanatos with all her might. This in turn releases a black, arcing shockwave that travels down solid range, and slowly, but surely drains the life force of anyone that gets struck by it.

Hypnotic Glare: Destiny's eyes glow brightly and their sclera slowly gradate to black as she stares down the enemy with a hypnotic suggestion. The longer Des maintains eye contact with an enemy while her eyes are glowing like this, the more heavily affected that enemy is by the resulting suggestion, until it falls into a deep slumber. This leaves the enemy open for Des and/or the others to strike, and for the effects of Consuming Arc to take their toll without any retaliation.

Siphon Slash: With a slash from Thanatos, Destiny injects the resulting slash wound with the aura from the blade itself, which then gives a cool feeling in Des' heart. Here, the pain that had pain inflicted upon her diminishes, and her wounds rapidly heal. The aura used for Siphon Slash is not as strong as that for Consuming Arc, but with enough slashes in rapid succession, the victim's life force can be drained just as quickly... if not even more so.

[hr]Biography:

Even from the beginning, Destiny Barrach had good reason to hate her life. Back then, Des was a shy girl, and she stayed distant from her parents Phoenix and Horas Barrach, who were a workaholic who only cared about furthering her career and a blithering drunkard respectively. They in turn left her to her devices as soon she was able to walk, talk and feed herself. If Des had to guess which of the two she was closer to, she'd have to pick Horas... but that was only cause even though he just as rarely spent time with her, he at least had the courtesy to make up an excuse for why he "couldn't" or so was the terminology he used, unlike Phoenix, who didn't even bother with any of that. Still, even by the age of 4, Des had started to wonder whether or not she was just a waste of space. As such, she would often walk around the streets of London aimlessly, only to watch as the other children had fun in their own way. Sometimes Des would watch these children for hours at a time, seeming content with the lack of activity on her end.

However, Destiny would never know such fun. At the age of 5, Phoenix had sent Des to school, having organized all the schools she would go to, and told her not to focus on anything but her grades. That was it; no help with homework or anything. Incidentally, it was through these instructions that Des was constantly bullied for refusing to help the other children with their homework. Des tried to ignore it, but the ones doing it wouldn't let up. Eventually Des grew brave enough to confront the bullies, but only because she'd harbored up spite all her life. What she ended up saying was really hurtful, and had got her expelled to Phoenix's disapproval. Things only snowballed from there, even as she entered high school, until she got herself in the Guinness World Record for being the youngest person ever to have been assigned a therapist. Des was 14 at the time.

If it wasn't for this, Destiny would've committed suicide a long time ago, and in honestly, it was only this that Des misses out of her previous life. However, that was taken away from her 4 years later, when she woke up to see what appeared to be the ruins of Times Square. Like the others that were also here, Des was very confused upon seeing this, and immediately tried to get her therapist via her cellphone, only to see that this "Alive: Survival App" had installed itself on her phone even though it was loaded with this mess of other ones. Des was about to attempt to delete the app when something came out of nowhere... and something in her mind compelled her to run. The beast was gaining on Des, who swore at herself for wagging the vast majority of her P.E. classes back at high school, when all of a sudden, the beast was forced back by... something. Des never figured out what that something was, but was thankful to see that the beast had retreated, and breathed a sigh of relief. However, now that she was clued in on what she needed to know and given a weapon, Des made a vow to never run away from these things again... whatever they were...

[hr]

Miscellaneous Information:

Theme Song: Hero, by Skillet

Ideal Voice Actresses: Megan Hollingshead (En)/Yui Kano (Jp)

Some Trivia:

• Despite being born and raised in London, Destiny actually speaks with a Scottish accent. This is likely something that Des gets from her father, Horas Barrach, whose blood is mostly Scottish with traces of Irish and Welsh. Her mother however, formerly Phoenix Crosby, is a full-blooded Englishwoman.
  • Times Square was the setting for a lot of documentaries Destiny watched. However, Des has only physically been there [acronym='prior to have woken up there all of a sudden of course']once[/acronym], as part of a therapeutic journey. Needless to say that she didn't like it one bit, and when her parents asked why, Des stated that she was a patriot; of course she wasn't gonna like being in another country.
  • Although she'd never be daft enough to strip bare in a cold environment, Destiny just loves a cold breeze brushing against her skin. It gives her an odd sense of pleasure that she can't really explain. But one should note that Des is just as prone to cold-related complexities as everyone else.

[/spoiler]

Archived