:Alive: First Warning [Ooc/started/accepting closed for Arc 1] [Co-hosted by Hi I'm Dad] [Pg-16]

Combat Information

Fayth Name: Thanatos
Fayth Element:  Darkness
Fayth Description: Coming soon

I love that you chose Thanatos.  It's not a well known mythical god, and I was actually contemplating on using him.  A good choice.  Also, Youske, in the even that this gets off the ground, have you considered a Skype chat for easier follow-up between players?  Just a thought.  I'm hoping to see this get started soon <3.

• Replies 174
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yeah I was thinking about it, but I thought it'd be kinda weird for me to ask xD I'm also not very good at communicating on Skype or initiating conversations but if everyone's okay with it I am.

I think I already have Sonic and MAYBE Stalfos added too for some reason o.o"

Can we please not do Skype, i don't have it....... Yeah, weird i know, but i never had the need to so, is DM on here okay?  :7597_key:  

Ok, i just finished my app also! And i quite like how everyone's catchphrase is something deep and stuff and my character's is "Shut up! I'm reading" XD. Btw, you should also look at the stuff you probably already looked at, i did some changes.

[spoiler='Micheal "Mia" Grayson']

"The meaning of life? You can't ask someone to find it for you. It's an answer we all have to arrive at for ourselves..."

Name: Micheal "Mia" Grayson
Fayth Name: Thoth
Fayth Element: Holy
[spoiler='Fayth Description']Thoth takes the appearance of blue leather bound book on which there is an image of the ibis-headed god from which the Fayth's name is drawn from. The words 'Book of Thoth' are also written on it in black hieroglyphics.

[spoiler='Spells']The Magus - Thoth floats in front of Mia, its pages flipping rapidly while a ring of blue energy spins around him. After a few seconds the pages of the book settle revealing a spinning card made of the same blue light as the ring. The ring then contracts forming a blue ball of energy. The ball then disperses entering into Mia's allies increasing their physical capabilities on top of what the :Alive: Survival App already provides. 

The High Priestess - Thoth floats in front of Mia, its pages flipping rapidly, while ring of pure white energy spins in front of Mia. After a few seconds the pages settle and the spinning ring splits in two one flying towards an enemy Majin while the other focuses on Mia's eyes. Once the second ring has hit an enemy Majin Mia is able to see all its elemental properties, as well as access information on its physical properties and abilities. This spell is useful outside of battle as Mia can also use it to identify a Majin's hunting patterns, and its usual territory. 

The Empress - Thoth floats in front of Mia, its pages flipping rapidly. After a few seconds the pages of book settle revealing a spinning card made deep pink energy, which then disperses and enters into her allies repairing most wounds. Unfortunately Mia cannot fix mortal wounds with this spell.

The Aeon - Thoth and Mia both begin to float Mia stretches his arms outward to make a cross shape while Thoth's pages flip rapidly. After a few seconds the pages settle revealing a spinning card of multi-colored energy. This energy shifts to form a small orb of light, which bursts showering down on Mia's allies greatly increasing the power of their Spells. While the casting of this Spell puts Mia in a very vulnerable position he is rendered temporarily impervious to Majin attacks while casting it, however immediately after casting Mia is stunned for a short period of time due to the difficulty of the Spell, which leaves him open for attack.

Grand Balance ~ Order and Chaos - Thoth temporarily transforms into a scale and begins sapping energy from Majin close to Mia, as well as Mia's own energy. Thoth then distributes that energy to Mia's allies healing minor wounds, and slightly increasing the power of their Spells. Both Mia and the Majin are left stunned for a very short period of time, though Mia should be able to recover fast enough to get away from any real danger.[/spoiler][/spoiler]

[spoiler='Personality']Mia is a very shy and reserved person, which most likely stems from the fact that he has a secret to keep. The fact that he's not actually a girl. His intense need to be liked often causes Mia to agree with whatever people have to say, and avoid conflict like the plague. As such he's become very adept at reading others, and telling them what they want to hear. Mia has also become very skilled at defusing conflict, and often plays peacemaker in fights. [/spoiler]

[spoiler='Appearance']YZIX2oW.jpg[/spoiler]
[spoiler='Bio']Micheal's life for his early years was what many would call normal. He had friends, he went to school, and was a good student. Micheal's family was quite normal. A mother and father of middle class, and his twin sister - Mia. However the Grayson family's happy days would not last forever. When Micheal was 7 years old Michael's father and Mia were killed in a hit and run by a drunk driver. The loss drove Micheal's mother mad, and she often took the pain of the loss out on Micheal. In the months that followed Micheal quickly learned to defuse his mother's rages, and stay out of her way for fear of being beaten. 

Things didn't turn up for Micheal's mother either, in the following months she lost her mother, and the financial strain of paying for the house (that she could no longer afford) along with funeral costs for both her daughter and her husband ruined her. The last straw came at the burials. Upon returning home Micheal's mom referred to him as Mia. When Micheal corrected her and said that he was Micheal not Mia, his mother simply cocked her head and asked who Micheal was. 

Soon after Micheal and his mother moved to New York where she was able to secure a different job, and a more affordable home. It was about this time that Micheal's mother began to dress him as a girl tossing his old clothes out even going so far as to enroll him in school as Mia. At first Micheal wanted to resist, to try and convince his mother that Mia was gone, and he was Micheal. A thought hit him then. A thought that if he embraced the persona of Mia, that he might finally feel the warmth of his mother's love once again. And so Micheal became Mia.

Due to his slim figure and girl-ish looks it wasn't very hard for Mia to fool people in to believing he was a she, and always made a point to have a note to sit out of PE as well as avoiding any sort of doctor. Of course once Mia entered the teen years it was quite hard to draw attention away from the fact he had not developed like other girls his age. Yet the attention was not quite entirely bad, while some rumors floated around no-one seemed to guess that the cute girl at the back of the class was really a cute guy, though of course Mia liked it that way. 

Of course high school though, that was a whole different animal. You see when boys go through puberty that quite girl with cooties starts become that cute, flat-chested girl. And Mia's cuteness did not go unnoticed, and those boys... well the all wanted to date Mia. While at first Mia denied them, and attempted to distance himself from his classmates, it didn't take long before he began to accept offers of dates and invites to parties. It started as simply courtesy, show up to the party then leave. Kiss the boy a few times, go on a few dates then end it. Slowly though Mia began to like it. From then on he became more social, and more active in seeking another half. Yet in his heart he knew that he could never truly be with anyone of them, and eventually he would have to break off all of his relationships, but for the moment he would enjoy it.

Fast forward to the present day. Mia came home from school like most days, dropping his bag at the door, and announcing his presence to his mother. This was immediately followed by the young man flopping down onto his bed, and succumbing to the exhaustion of a long day. When he woke up though, it was not in the safe comfort of his own bed. The city he had become familiar with engulfed in fire and brimstone, the screeches of eldritch horrors of nightmare filling the air. Scared out of his wits Mia began to panic pinching himself multiple times trying and failing to wake up from the terrible dream. Just when he had given up hope the maternal and warm voice of the one who identified herself as Yuel calmed him. Her voice turned Mia's attention to his discarded phone and the strange :Alive: Survival App that was opened on it. With no other idea of what to do Mia unhesitatingly followed the female voice's instructions to proceed to a blip on the map where all, she said, would be explained.[/spoiler]

Misc:

• Theme Song: 「月齢11.3のキャンドルマジック」
  • Mia's first 4 Spells are all based off of the Major Arcana of the Thoth Tarot Deck. Many believe that Tarot cards may have even originated from Ancient Egypt, and were used as theological and philosophical teaching devices based on Egyptian magic. Some attribute the creation of the Tarot to Thoth due the Ancient Egyptian belief that he was the author of all knowledge both mortal and divine.
  • The Spell Grand Balance references Thoth's role as a mediator in many Egyptian legends, most notable in the battles between Ra and Apophis, Heru-Bekhutet and Set, and finally Horus and Set. In each battle if one of the gods was seriously injured Thoth would heal the other so that neither Order nor Chaos would overtake the other.

[/spoiler]

Lets give this a shot!  It sounds fun!

ycGhO7B.jpg?1

"Sometimes, you gotta ride the tough time's out!"

Name: Leroy Scott
Fayth Name: Quetzalcoatl 
Fayth Element: Wind
Fayth Description: Quetzalcoatl, the boundary between earth and sky.  His name was given to him by the ancient Mexican civilizations who worshiped him.  It translates to Feather Serpent, as he has been depicted roaming the skies, dragon-like in nature.  It is a free-flowing fayth that allows it's bearer the ability to fly and command the skies along with having an enhanced flexibility.  It's bearer is granted a long staff to use in combat.  The staff can generate winds when swung, and has high impact power.  

[spoiler=Spells]

Whoosh!:  A moderately powerful wind strike.  The user summons forth wind from any appendage, or multiple, to impact a target.  Usually powers up his physical attacks with gusts of wind boosting his strikes, and following through with the air striking the opponent.  

Serpent Cyclone:  Summons an embodiment of Quetzalcoatl made entirely of gale winds from spinning his staff in a propelling motion.  The summoned snake can also do a number of motion patterns to change the type of attack it can do.  (Charge): Engulfs a target and batters them with winds from inside.  (Drill): Pierces through a target.  (Twisting):  Slithers to an opponent and coils around, exploding after a certain amount of time.

Sharp Air: Condenses air into a sharp invisible edge.  Cuts targets.  Can be used in rapid succession with multiple cutting strikes.  

Cloud Parter: One of Leroy's more powerful attacks, he clasps his hands together and stirs them around in a twirling motion.  After many repeats of the twirling, he creates a giant tornado that touches the heavens.  He then condenses the tornado to become sharper and slams it onto a target.  

[/spoiler] 

[spoiler=Personality:]

Leroy was always a free natured guy.  No matter how weird or strange his day became, he could always roll with the punches.  He loves to think as everyone he meets as being a new friend, never a stranger.  Trusting and light-hearted, people really can't help but love the guy.  He doesn't even care if someone doesn't like him, he usually can't tell the difference between friend or foe.  Some think he's just stoned out of his mind.  This wasn't the case however, it's just how Lee was.  He's not particularly on the bright side either, kind of just a big goofball who can nod and bullsh*t his way into acting smart. 

[/spoiler]
[spoiler= Appearance:]

GNpCkj9.jpg

[/spoiler]
[spoiler=Biography: ]

Leeroy was born and raised in Australia.  He lived on a piece of land in the outback with an airstrip attached.  His father was a pilot for Australian Airlines, and Leroy was proud of his father, looking up to him his entire life.  His father often took him out for rides in the family plane, and Leroy soon figured out how to pilot one himself.  Although he is pretty lackluster at landing.  During his school days, Leroy barely got by.  He usually had to cheat off of his friends tests and always had to get help on his homework.  People didn't want to see Leroy fail, he was such a nice kid, so they helped his airhead self.  Leroy didn't care about schooling though, he wished to be in the sky with his dad, side by side doing loopty-loops and barrel rolls.  To feel the wind rush through his hair as he booked it back home for more flying lessons was the best part of his day.  

When Leroy just turned 17, a strange feeling hit him.  One that he'd thought he'd never feel for a long time.  His father had missed his birthday due to his job, which was fine of course.  Leroy knew how his father couldn't really help it, he understood completely.  This time was different, he didn't come back with a present from overseas.  He actually didn't come back at all.  Leroy was devastated for the first time in his life, his free-flowing nature couldn't really couldn't handle this dose of reality.  After some coping and therapy, Leroy was finally able to get into a plane.  He would honor his father's memory by becoming a pilot just like him.  Flight school sounded way more fun than High School or University anyways.

Leroy never got this chance as he woke up one day to a strange site, the blue sky that he was always flying in had somehow become rusty and ugly.  Picking up his cellphone, a new app besides the only one he had (IFunny) was installed on his phone.  "Alive: Survival App" huh?  It sounded like a fun game.  But what did this all mean?  Leroy became frustrated.  Why him?  He was just an average guy!  Why would he be brought to this desolate place.  As soon as he got over it, he shrugged.  Noticing he was somewhere in America, with all the screens usually advertising Coke products.  He wasn't give much time to enjoy a change of location when he heard a beast sneak up behind him.  Leroy had never ran so quick in his life, he'd rather fly!  He was almost out of energy when the beast smacked up against an invisible barrier of sorts.  With a golden cross exploding above him, Leroy couldn't help to think that this might've been the weirdest occurrence in his life so far.  The voice explained a pretty sticky situation, Fayths, 10 years in the future, monsters known as Majins, and surviving for one year with all of that going around.  Leroy didn't know how he was going to deal with these new circumstances, but he was ready for them.

[/spoiler]

Archived