[Finished]CC Monthly Series [April 2015]

Refer to this thread for any specific information regarding the policies of the CC Monthly. 

Theme

Design a card based off of any animal within the Eastern Zodiac.

I leave the rest of the design mechanics to you.

Helpful Threads

http://forum.yugiohc...before-posting/

http://forum.yugiohc...ds-and-casuals/

Deadline

April 25th, 2015 @ 11:00 pm Hawaiʻi Standard Time (GMT -10:00)

If you need help determining what time it'll be in your area when deadline hits, use this converter.
(Select USA - Hawaii - Honolulu in the "convert to" area)

For your safety, I highly recommend that you turn in your entries when it reaches 11:00 pm in your respective timezones, to avoid confusion; unless you live in the Polynesian islands or another location between the dateline and Hawaiʻi (but I do not foresee this to occur).

Entry Fee

None, you just need to state your interest + provide an entry card with an appropriate explanation. 

Rules

1. Standard YCM and Custom Cards rules apply in this section. Please remember to abide by / follow them in this contest. 

2. Written Cards will be accepted, however if you opt to do this; do not use the cardmaker to generate a pictureless image. Just type it out in text format. 

3. When posting a card, make sure that you have its lore posted beneath, so it is easier for the judges to read your effect. Also make sure that you post it properly using the cardmaker. 

4. You are allowed to make edits to your card until the deadline, HOWEVER you should have already designed the card as a final product. 

5. The usage of Fake Types / Attributes, as well as DIVINE, Divine-Beast and Creator God is expressly forbidden.
You are expected to design a card that adheres to the current standards set by Konami (usage of the existing 23 legal Types + 6 Attributes).

Also remember to abide by the max. 5000 ATK/DEF rules for original stats.

Prizing

1st - 1500 points + 3 reps + membership in custom group for a month.
2nd - 1000 points + 2 reps
3rd -  500 points + 1 rep

Additional prizes may be given out, if needed. 

Participants

1. Silenth
  2. Striker
  3. Minato Sekai
  4. UnendingEmpire
  5. RealmReaver
  6. TJDouglas
  7. RealmReaver
  8. Aquatic Ether Zerpant
  9. Alpakha
  10. Giga
  11. Prime-Ace John
  12. yugiohcreator876
  13. KoolGoldFinch
  14. Number IV
  15. bloorocksdotD

Judges

I will be accepting two members to help me judge entries.

Remember that you need to have passed the exam in order to qualify.

My grading criteria is provided in the discussion thread, so I will not post it here.

Post if you're interested.

---

If you have questions, either post in here or PM me.

Good luck to all of you.

---

P.S. For those of you waiting for results from last month, I HAVE gotten on Nai's tail about posting them ASAP and wrapping things up; but as you can tell, no progress.

I cannot delay this tournament just to wait, so I'll go ahead and post it now,

(I even offered to post the scores for him if he's too tired to do it himself, but...)

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

A little late, but here it is;

ycUWz4D.jpg

When this card is Summoned: You can Special Summon 1 Beast-type monster from your hand in Attack Position or face-down Defense Position. If this card is in your Graveyard, and you control 2 or more Beast-type monsters: You can Tribute 1 Beast-type monster you control; Special Summon this card. You can only use each effect of "Jade Rabbit of the Moon" once per turn.

I shall also join. Card TBA soon~

Card added!

mQxPEzf.jpg

[spoiler=Lore]This card is also treated as DARK while face-up on the field. Once per turn, while you control another Beast-Type monster: you can target 1 face-up card on the field; negate its effect(s), and if you do, it cannot be destroyed for the rest of the turn. If this card is sent to the Graveyard to activate the effect of a Beast-Type monster: you can target 1 Set card your opponent controls; it cannot activate its effect(s) or be activated for the rest of the turn.[/spoiler]

[spoiler=Image Credit and Tips&Trivia]

http://dk-raven.deviantart.com/art/Tiger-Demon-76482929

This card is best when used with Valerifawn, Mystical Beast of the Forest, Number 64: Ronin Raccoon Sandayu, and Cat Shark.

This card can get around tricky continuous S/T cards like Vanity's Emptiness or Trap Monsters.

This cards double-Attribute effect is a reference to the concept of Tao, which is the balancing aspect between Yin and Yang.

[/spoiler]

Out of curiosity, are cats okay?

Not really, unless they're hybrid animals that use one of the animals in the eastern zodiac.

Should probably edit the main post to be more clear.

Could I get some examples of animals within the Eastern Zodiac, please? Or perhaps a link to it would be better?

Thank you

That basically means the Chinese Zodiac; hopefully you heard of it at some point in your life.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chinese_zodiac

---

Everyone else accepted.

[spoiler Entry]Acid Serpent King
Level 10/ Reptile-Type
3000 Atk/ 2700 Def
1 Reptile-Type Tuner monster + 1 or more WIND non-Tuner monster(s)
When this monster destroys another monster by battle, you can place 2 Acidic Poison Counters on the nearest adjacent monster(s) your opponent controls. Monsters with Acidic Poison Counters are switched to defense position and cannot change their position; also any effects of those monsters are negated. If a monster with an Acidic Poison Counter would be destroyed by battle or by card effect, place 2 Acidic Poison Counters on the nearest adjacent monster(s).[/spoiler]

I know that one is based on the snake, which is perfectly legitimate.

And just for the record, you guys are allowed to submit Pop Culture cards; should they obey the requirements.

So yeah, if you guys wanted to make Pikachu or something; it'd fall under the Rat (though mice/rats are different biologically, but close enough) and you can do it.

If you guys design cards based off Dragons, you can make them Wyrm or regular Dragon if you want.

Sakura !!  I want to participate with my letter number 103  :444812_key:  

103-1283075.PNG

Name : Ares La Diosa del Caos (Spanish)   / Ares Goddess of Chaos (English)

LVL : 12 / Card Effect / Attribute;Light Type: Fairy

Effect Card : There Can Be Normal or Special Summoned. But by its own effect, banish 1 monster type light and dark monster type LVL 8 Can not refuse his invocation, you can attack directly and denies trap card effects

Requesting permission to aboard

[spoiler=Entry]

IZbkcr1.jpg

Surprisingly large amount of support for Level 2 beasts

[spoiler=Lore]If this card is Special Summoned, you can add 1 Level 2 Beast-Type monster from your Deck to your hand. You can only use this effect of "Xiao Gou Spirit" once per turn. During either player's turn, you can banish this card from your Graveyard to target 1 Beast-Type monster you control: That card cannot be destroyed this turn.[/spoiler]

[/spoiler]

Hey is it cool if I join??

Here is my entry:

[center][img]http://i62.tinypic.com/11gkjeb.jpg[/img][/center]
[center][color=#daa520][size=6][font=georgia][size=7]Z[/size]ODIAC [size=7]H[/size]OUND OF [size=7]T[/size]U[/font][/size][/color][/center]
[center][color=#800000][size=5][font=georgia]EARTH[/font][/size][/color][/center]
[center][color=#ff8c00][size=5][font=georgia]* * * * * *[/font][/size][/color][/center]
[center][size=5][font=georgia][Beast/Effect][/font][/size][/center]
[center][font=georgia]You can Normal Summon this card, (from your hand), as a level 4 monster; but its ATK is reduced to 1900. You can banish this face-up monster: Special Summon 2 level 3 or lower EARTH Beast-Type monsters from your Deck in face-up Attack position. Monsters Special Summoned by this effect cannot activate its effects and cannot attack your opponent directly. [/font][/center]
[center][font=georgia]ATK/ 2400 DEF/ 2300[/font][/center]

So the whole concept behind this card was the Zodiac Dog. The Zodiac dog with an "Earthly Branch" so I made him EARTH. "Tu" is also the term or "Earth". I also just wanted to make an engine that was fast to summon Synchros and Xyz monsters that had to do with an EARTH Beast-Type based Deck so it can increase the play of them. Thanks.

Archived