[Finished]CC Monthly Series [April 2015]

Don't worry about it too much; it basically keeps things tidy in the thread.

I'll add you to main post later.

Also, it's somewhat ironic that the unofficial tournament got more popularity than the main stuff of the month, but meh. 

Still have enough people to have a decent competition.

----

Just as a heads-up, I might be a little late with results, seeing as I have final projects to attend to at the end of the month.

But I'll try to get things ASAP; I don't wish to keep you waiting for 3-4 weeks like last month's thing.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm in!

">http://Pt5Lbw5.jpg

1 Tuner + 1 or more non-Tuner monsters
When this card destroys an opponent's monster by battle and sends it to the Graveyard: You can send up to two cards from your hand to the Graveyard to have this card inflict 1500 points of damage to your opponent. You can only use the effect of "Triple-Headed Cerberus" once per turn.

I don't know if this counts because I don't know if Cerberus is a dog or a wolf. Anyway, let me know if this okay.

This one seems interesting.  I'll give it a shot.

[spoiler='My Entry']znturo.png
LORE:

If you control no other monsters: You can Special Summon this card (from your hand) without Tributing.  While you control no other monsters: this card gains 500 ATK.  If this card destroys an opponent's monster by battle, select and activate 1 of the following effects:
• Send 1 FIRE monster from your hand or Deck to your Graveyard.
• Remove 1 monster in either Graveyard from play.

First thing's first: I named it "Gong-Ji King" because "Gōngjī ( 公鸡 )" is the Chinese word for "rooster".  I chose to give Gong-Ji King the ability to Special Summon itself because the rooster enjoys being the first awake and waking others up.  The rooster is also very proud and is reluctant to seek help or rely on others, so it gains ATK when it is fighting alone.  This effect allows it to be a good 7-star monster with a drawback that makes sense.  I also decided to make it a 7-star monster because 7 is one of the lucky numbers for a rooster.  It was also believed the rooster was a symbol for the exorcising of evil spirits which leads to its final effect.  I gave the player a choice to either send a monster of their own to the Graveyard (more as a Fire King support effect) or to remove 1 monster from play, which plays into it being a symbol of exorcism.  I really tried to think this one through and keep it balanced while also being as true to its Zodiac meaning as possible.

For reference, this is the website I read for all of my info on the zodiac: http://www.travelchinaguide.com/intro/social_customs/zodiac/rooster.htm[/spoiler]

Im in 

YKMZfDH.jpg

Once per turn, you can either: Target 1 Warrior-Type monster you control, equip this card to that target, OR: Unequip this card and Special Summon it in face-up Attack Position. While equipped by this effect, the equipped monster gains 500 ATK and DEF. During your battle phase, you can Tribute this card to allow the equipped monster to attack your opponent's Life Points directly this turn. (A monster can only be equipped with 1 Union monster at a time. If the equipped monster would be destroyed, destroy this card instead.)

I have no clue what you're talking about, this totally isn't my entry from SCS 8

[spoiler=Swarm of Mice]

[spoiler=Card Image]

e8YmfXo.jpg?1

[/spoiler]

[spoiler=Lore]

During either player's turn, when a Spell Card, Trap Card, or monster effect is activated that includes an effect that Special Summons a monster(s): You can send this card from your hand to your Graveyard or shuffle this card in your Graveyard into your deck; negate the activation, and if you do, destroy that card.

[/spoiler]

[/spoiler]

[spoiler=Design Notes]

This card is designed as a tech for Shaddolls. Not only does it fill the requirement of being WATER, so as to summon Anomalilith, it also has game against various meta decks. It can negate the ritual spells in Nekroz up to twice, without setting up the entire-turn wall that is created by Maxx "C". The shuffle allows the card to be used twice, while also keeping it in a viable zone for use with Shaddoll Fusion. To be honest, I think I may have overpowered this card, but we will have to see.

[/spoiler]

9id0lVm.jpg
1 Tuner monster + 1 or more non-Tuner monsters
You can change this card to Defense Position to target 1 face-up monster on the field; destroy that target, and if you do, inflict damage equal to the target's original ATK. You cannot attack directly the turn you activate this effect. You can only activate this effect of "Huǒ Shé of the Damned" once per turn. If this card is destroyed by an opponent's card effect: You can target 1 Level 4 or lower monster in your Graveyard; Special Summon that target, and if you do, its effects are negated.

Huǒ Shé is Chinese for Fiery Serpent, so it fits right at home with the Snake Zodiac Sign. I did my research, and the Snake has a fixed element of fire, hence the attribute. The snake is traditionally a cunning animal that attacks with its brain instead of its might, so its primary effect demonstrates that by forcing it into Defense to utilize its strong effect, and the restrictions in place on it should keep it in check. Yes, I know it's basically Number 61's effect, but the effect worked so well with the favor I was going with and I didn't realize that until I was almost finished. The final effect is a weird twist, but it's supposed to represent the life giving qualities of fire. Having it be applied to something that was already dead indirectly adds to the Damned part of the name as that reborn monster was damned to the Graveyard. And in case you are wondering, the cardmaker couldn't support the accents.

@Striker: It can't support the long vowels (with a macron); but accent marks should be fine.

[spoiler=Here's some stuff I did with accents (and yeah, I have a tendency to write card names in romanized Chinese)]

hKoIWXE.jpg

mfNSEk7.jpghlPZYbk.jpgchRLYvG.jpg3ENJI6f.jpg

[/spoiler]

(As for the vowels, the lowercase acute/grave accent letters; along with circumflex ones should work. Honestly, I really don't know why the cardmaker can't read uppercase accents.)

---

You and Giga will be noted.

Here at long last is my submission:

[spoiler='Sheng Vanguard, Shu']

Sheng Vanguard, Shu

WATER

Level 1

Beast / Tuner

ATK: 200 / DEF: 300

When your opponent's monster declares a direct attack: You can Special Summon this card (from your hand) in face-up Defense position. This card cannot be destroyed by battle the turn it it Special Summoned. When this card is used as Synchro Material for the Synchro Summon of a Beast-Type Synchro monster: That card gains the following effect:

• Once per turn, when you Synchro Summon a Beast-Type Synchro monster: Draw 1 card. 

[/spoiler]

[spoiler='Design Notes']

This card is based on the first of the Chinese Zodiac: the Rat (Shǔ is the Chinese word for "rat"). For this reason, both it's name and level represent it being the first in a series of 12. Sheng is a shortening of the Chinese word "Shēngxiàowhich roughly translates to Zodiac. According to the zodiac, people born in the year of the Rat are supposed to be quick-witted and resourceful. I wanted to portray this in the card somehow. Therefore, Shu can be Special Summoned as a quick-witted response to an opponent's direct attack, and allows the Synchro monster summoned with it to gain draws off of its new effect, which represents resourcefulness. 2 and 3 are lucky numbers for people born in the year of the Rat, which explains the 200 ATK and 300 DEF. 

The only part that I think might confuse someone that didn't know about the Chinese zodiac is Shu's attribute. Even though rats are excellent swimmers, it doesn't seem to fit, right? That is, until you find out that along with the cycling Zodiac, each Zodiac cycle through elements as well, and the Rat's first element in the cycle is Water, making Shu the leader of the full 48 step cycle, instead of just the more noticeable 12 step cycle.

[/spoiler]

HDDDO1Q.jpg?1

1 Tuner + 1 non-Tuner monster
When this card is Synchro Summoned: You can send 1 "Dracomage" monster from your Extra Deck to your Graveyard. When this card is sent from the Extra Deck to the Graveyard: You can target 1 face-up monster on the field: destroy it, and if you do, draw 1 card. You can only use each effect of "Aqua Dracomage" once per turn.

[spoiler Entry]Acid Serpent King
Level 10/ Reptile-Type
3000 Atk/ 2700 Def
1 Reptile-Type Tuner monster + 1 or more WIND non-Tuner monster(s)
When this monster destroys another monster by battle, you can place 2 Acidic Poison Counters on the nearest adjacent monster(s) your opponent controls. Monsters with Acidic Poison Counters are switched to defense position and cannot change their position; also any effects of those monsters are negated. If a monster with an Acidic Poison Counter would be destroyed by battle or by card effect, place 2 Acidic Poison Counters on the nearest adjacent monster(s).[/spoiler]

wtf do you mean i didn't have an entry? o.O 

I didn't see it (or you edited it); but will note that you did submit an entry.

So yeah, only UE and TJ never submitted anything.

Generally speaking, I'd probably prefer it if you guys submit entry on a new post; or note that you did edit your original if you didn't submit originally.

But yeah, it's there.

----

Remember, I will be a bit late on the grading due to college stuff.

Archived