[Finished]CC Monthly Series [April 2015]

I'll try to do them on Wednesday or Thursday, hopefully.

Just keep in mind that I do have final exams and stuff to worry about next week, so...

I don't intend to keep you waiting for several weeks like Nai did in April, but sometimes it's unavoidable.

Just know that I haven't forgotten about this, but rather that programming things are a bitch.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It took a while, but here are your scores:

[spoiler=]

Balance/Usability (Is card broken or is it fine? How well can this card be used, with respect to what it's intended to be doing?) - 50

Creativity/Flavor (Did you go outside the box and design a new concept, or just retained old things? Also, did you actually follow the theme and use appropriate stats/Types in your card) - 30

Grammar (Did you check your spelling/grammar in accordance with standard English and used proper OCG terms?) - 20

(10 points in comprehension, 10 in syntax. Again, if Konami wording is vague, I won't mark down for OCG errors. Keep in mind that OCG errors are worth a bit more in shorter card lores, as you should've been able to spot them more easily. Also, point deducted if you failed to post card lore underneath [though only one of you didn't])

RAW

B: 50

C: 30

O: 20

Total: 100

Silenth

B: 48

C: 29

O: 19.5 (small capitalization thing; otherwise it's fine)

Total: 96.5

AEZ

B: 38 (just keep in mind negation is a powerful effect, especially when coupled with lockdown [although it requires that this card be Tributed])

C: 24

O: 18.5 (small capitalization things)

Total: 80.5

RealmReaver

B: 31 (not really a fan of this card negating things after it kills them, and continues to do so if it kills an affected monster. Although it does hurt your own 'mons as well, so there's that. Requirement-wise, not really easy to fulfill most of the time)

C: 19 (points for working with adjacent stuff, but some deduction on negation effects)

O: 14

Total: 64

Alpakha

B: 48 (can see this working with Tanukis or something; also provides some protection for a Beast of your choice that turn)

O: 18.5

Total: 95.5

Prime-Ace John

B: 32 (remember Rescue Cat and X-Sabers/stuff. This card basically does the same thing, except monsters won't die, although their effects are negated; most of the time, you're going to Extra Deck with them anyway. Being a droppable 1900 ATK mon is okay though.)

C: 19 (see above; Rescue Cat-syndrome isn't cool, even if it incorporates some aspects from Rabbit with added restrictions)

O: 15

Total: 66

yugiohcreator

B: 33 (Not really fond of this thing being able to dish out MASSIVE damage to the opponent, especially with the reliance on Grave lately. And then this is a generic Level 6 Synchro with high stats; yeah Goyo exists, but a bit too powerful)

C: 20

O: 17

Total: 70

KoolGoldfinch

B: 48

O: 19

Total: 96

Number IV

B: 30 (Main gripe here is how is this card going to be summoned in the first place; not too many options you can take. Although with that in mind, a field wipe of sorts on a 3.5K body might be okay but again one of the more difficult things to summon)

C: 19 (Not fond of how this returns everything to the hand, even with the last effect)

O: 18 (point taken off since you failed to post lore underneath)

Total: 67

bloorocksD

B: 38 (How exactly would you Tribute this card while equipped as a Spell Card? I probably overlooked that part back in SCS 8, but not this time around.)

C: 22 (I would've hoped you made some adjustments since SCS 8, but it is basically word-for-word)

O: 17.5

Total: 77.5

Giga

B: 44

C: 25 (it's essentially a hand/Grave Warning; nothing much I can really say about it. Although it follows the flavor of said Max C cards.)

O: 19.5 (Deck is capitalized, but everything else is fine. Yeah, being nitpicky here)

Total: 88.5

Striker

B: 44

C: 26 (yeah, copying 61 brought your score here down a bit; although it fit)

O: 20

Total: 90

ReneTCG

B: 43 (At least this isn't a Beast version of Librarian; technically is, but has an OPT clause. I do worry about multiple copies/usages, assuming revival and all. If this were a hard OPT, then might be okay)

C: 27 (the flavor notes helped, and stats fit nicely)

O: 19.5 (I think you meant to say “is” instead of a second “it”)

Total: 89.5

I will not do Minato's, since he's banned and is essentially Sunn_O for intents/purposes.

[/spoiler]

So yeah, ask me if you have questions regarding grading.

1st - Silenth

2nd - KoolGoldfinch

3rd - Alpakha

4th - Striker

(I'll leave this open for a day or so, then award prizes if need-be; then we need to start the May tournament.)

Because things are running late, I'm going ahead and starting the May tournament.

Normally Ain would be doing this month's, but since he hasn't really worked things out lately; suppose I'll have to take it.

Prizes have been awarded.

Again, if you have questions, please PM.

Congrats to all the winners, and thanks to all of you who participated.

Archived