Pokemon Shuffle

Flame Dragon

Just caught Blastoise and Charizard with very low percentages, took me by surprise. I'm also able to beat Venusaur almost every time, but I'm never lucky enough to catch him.

I've been stuck on Mega Mawile myself for awhile. I finally just gave up and decided to go through the expert levels I have unlocked. Now that I've caught both Lucario and Charizard, I should try my luck at fighting her again, but I think I'll try to do some coin farming before I attempt it again.

Thats what I ended up doing and it worked out well. Don't think I needed items to win normally. Did need +5 moves for the S rank though. Speaking of, working on S ranking everything. Only thing left is Mewtwo Y to Steelix and I have a decent number of those done already. Won't be going for S ranks on the expert stages though. Seems like way to much of a pain.

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well, with the 1.2 patch, my exploit of Home menu pausing has been removed. Good thing I beat all the Expert stages (except Genesect, which I don't have unlocked). But S Ranking them is going to be nigh impossible.

Beat the Steelix stage earlier (finally), and got the new Super Capture to trigger. Which was kind of nice. About a 25% buff to a failed capture.

For S Ranks, I have most of them up to a point, except M-Glalie (ugh, I'll have to study the stage a few times before deciding on strategy so I dont blow coins), M-Gengar (same as Glalie), and M-Mewtwo. Yeah...plus there's a handful of other stages that I can probably take out one by one.

Ugh, even with Lucario and Charizard I still had troubles with M-Mawile. Had to use that freebie Complexity -1 and I still only won with 0 moves remaining. Barriers are complete bullshit, especially considering whenever a mon makes a barrier, they, with pinpoint accuracy, ALWAYS hit your top row preventing a column from EVEN FUNCTIONING, or the best possible match on the board. M-Ampharos was just as bad, but, well, praise based M-Slowbro for that one.

Due to the Home pause trick being gone, it's going to be HARDER, but I did score just under 10K (using a Disruption Delay), so I'll probably do fine.

Judging from what everyone on EU is getting, it's good to score around 12-13k to secure top position because everyone's just going to burst it right near the end. I got 18k on my first try with no items and that placed me in top 1000, so.

Judging from what everyone on EU is getting, it's good to score around 12-13k to secure top position because everyone's just going to burst it right near the end. I got 18k on my first try with no items and that placed me in top 1000, so.

Yea, the burst at the end is real. I know for Mega Lucario I went from like top 8000 to top 15000 in the last day or two.

Ugh, I know the Mega fights are just a cheap excuse to make people waste gold and/or jewels for gold on the Megas, but they've really stopped being subtle come M-Glalie. How are you even supposed to defeat it without a Disruption Delay? I don't think you even can, because of it's oh so fair ability to freeze two columns every 2 turns.

EDIT: So I did get a Disruption Delay, and, wouldn't you know it? I didn't get a single fucking combo except in the last 5 turns. What are the odds huh?

Ugh, I know the Mega fights are just a cheap excuse to make people waste gold and/or jewels for gold on the Megas, but they've really stopped being subtle come M-Glalie. How are you even supposed to defeat it without a Disruption Delay? I don't think you even can, because of it's oh so fair ability to freeze two columns every 2 turns.

EDIT: So I did get a Disruption Delay, and, wouldn't you know it? I didn't get a single fucking combo except in the last 5 turns. What are the odds huh?

M-Glalie was one of the WORST M-Stages, period. Yeah, because it was cheap as hell. M-Gengar was also pretty absurd, maybe even worse.

Yeah, I already did it with a Exp bonus too and, yeah, insane exp. Sadly, I wasn't lucky enough to capture the little bugger. It really should've been Fire type. And that's not just because of my BURNING HATRED for M-Glalie. Seriously, he's fucking ridiculous. It's like being underleveled when facing Seymour Flux.

Seriously, how the fuck are you supposed to beat it WITHOUT wasting your gold? This is fucking impossible.

I also caught Victini, which I'm glad for because I really hate special stages that can only be played once a day (Pinsir being once a day for 4 days was annoying). And Victini is actually "play once a WEEK".

See, I wouldn't have cared that much since I a) Didn't think you would be able to catch it and b) Didn't think it would be super good. I was REALLY shocked when I saw that it had 80 power. A lot of the special stage Pokemon aren't really worth using having either 50 or 60 power and even the few above are at 70. Was super happy I got it on the 14% chance, since yea, one attempt a week SUCKS.

See, I wouldn't have cared that much since I a) Didn't think you would be able to catch it and b) Didn't think it would be super good. I was REALLY shocked when I saw that it had 80 power. A lot of the special stage Pokemon aren't really worth using having either 50 or 60 power and even the few above are at 70. Was super happy I got it on the 14% chance, since yea, one attempt a week SUCKS.

I had an 8% chance. Failed, obviously. Then Super Capture triggered, which bumped the odds to 57%. It's stupid how Victini has a 2% base chance, with each remaining move (out of SEVEN) giving only 3%. And while the Victini event is probably going to be every Saturday for a LONG time, it's still one chance a WEEK.

I only care because I do tend to try to complete games as much as possible, and due to the constant cycling of events and stuff, I always want to get the event Pokemon/M-Stones if only so I don't have to worry about whether they'll cycle back in the future.

I had an 8% chance. Failed, obviously. Then Super Capture triggered, which bumped the odds to 57%. It's stupid how Victini has a 2% base chance, with each remaining move (out of SEVEN) giving only 3%. And while the Victini event is probably going to be every Saturday for a LONG time, it's still one chance a WEEK.

I only care because I do tend to try to complete games as much as possible, and due to the constant cycling of events and stuff, I always want to get the event Pokemon/M-Stones if only so I don't have to worry about whether they'll cycle back in the future.

So those are the numbers. Wasn't paying super close attention since, again, didn't think I'd even be able to catch it. Yea, I got stupid lucky to catch it when I did.

I know that feeling. I feel like a lot of the competition Mega Stones are out of my reach unless I dump a ton of gold into them since I suck at timed play so I'm just sticking too S ranking everything. Right now I just have 14 stages left to go and I'm pretty sure these are all going to suck to S rank since the more starting moves you have the harder it is, even with +5 moves. Like, beating Snorlax with 27 moves remaining is going to suck.

So on Monday, the game's getting a stage update:
- 4 more main stages (Doublade, Garbardor, Conkeldurr, something else)
- 3 new Expert stages (Kalos starter stage 2s)
- Giratina Escalation Battle (Stage levels up the more you clear it. The more it levels up, the harder it gets with disruptions. Catch rate increases as the stage level increases. Getting to Level 5 will get you 1000 coins, Level 50 gets you a free disruption delay.)

Second time around I got that little bastard Victini. Might've cost me a Great Ball, but god damn do I not care for the cost.

In other news, been breezing past Mega fights now by grinding gold with Meowth. 4300 (Moves +5, Disruption Delay, Mega Start) to make it easier to beat a Mega sounds like a worthy cost.

So on Monday, the game's getting a stage update:
- 4 more main stages (Doublade, Garbardor, Conkeldurr, something else)
- 3 new Expert stages (Kalos starter stage 2s)
- Giratina Escalation Battle (Stage levels up the more you clear it. The more it levels up, the harder it gets with disruptions. Catch rate increases as the stage level increases. Getting to Level 5 will get you 1000 coins, Level 50 gets you a free disruption delay.)

I wonder what the unlock condition will be for the 3 expert stages.  I only have Mega Mewtwo Y, Onix, Larvesta, Milotic, Timburr, Mega Aerodactyl, Snorlax, and Steelix left to S rank and I know they are all going to be a pain to do, but I really want the Kalos starts. Though if my inability to beat Mewtwo and Genesect is any indication they might also pose similar problems for me.

Gyration sounds cool. Not to mention since I'm done with most the things in the game having that and the 4 extra stages will give me a little more play time out of shuffle. 

There's AT LEAST 4 new main stages. I think there's going to be more, they just don't have the info confirmed, so they can't report there being more.

Since Genesect requires 180 main stage S ranks out of 190 (I just unlocked it), I expect the Kalos starter evos will need numbers like 185, 190, and 195, since that's 3 new Expert stages from a possible batch of 10/15 new stages, so the range could be up to 205, but still needs a bit of breathing room so you don't yet have to do EVERY stage as an S rank.

I had hoped to get Genesect to help out with the M-Venusaur ranking, but I haven't had any luck taking Genesect out yet, so I think I'll just do a regular run tomorrow and hope the score works out (Still have the free Complexity -1, which is probably WHY my score eventually got chopped down to like rank 25000)

Archived