Pokemon Shuffle

Flame Dragon

Silvally will be amazing in Timed stages and any other stage with 3 mons or other high-combo stages, due to the 2.5x buff for everything, including itself, being superior to Super-Effective damage. And it'll stack with super effective damage.

I used one of my 2 Skill Swaps already, and don't see the need to give one to Pory-Z, although can you imagine how ridiculous my score might have been?

It'd actually be 9 points of damage. Its max power with 3 RMLs is 99. And that damage would add up quite a bit, especially with Typeless Combo up, but if you SSed Pory-Z, you got a similar amount of score-boosting. My previous best score had been just shy of 300k, and even that was Tier 2.

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Part of my damage came from Skill Swapping Porygon-Z, so the disruptions would trigger that ability to keep the damage increasing each time. I'm not going to try my luck though, as I doubt I'll do better than what I have.

GAH!!!! I didn't do this. That would have made a huge difference. Between that and mismoving something on one of the last turns I can only imagine what my score would have ended up as. Got 332330 and am 448. I realistically could have been in tier had those two things been changed. O well.

On the bright side, seems like a really easy week (unless you're still doing the Escalation Battle or similar). The only content I have to deal with is the Safari.

But I agree. The Safari stages are a bit obnoxious.

EDIT: And, I'm done.

I got each of them, one after the other. E, N, I, C. 4 hearts...also, 4 Great Balls total, but 3 of them got Super Captures. None of them seemed "rare", but their stages were a bit obnoxious. Anticipating such a thing, because Safaris, I had brought my SL4 Last-Ditch Effort Dusknoir.

I see what you mean about Silvally in timed battles. I honestly thought the multiplier was 1.5x, not 2.5x. So the damage I'm dishing on Celebi is disgusting, as is the activation rate. I'm routinely getting failures at least 4 times in a row between each activation at SL1.

Yeah, SL1 is merely a 40% rate, no matter what size the match. SL5 is 75%. But it costs SO MUCH to buff it. And the difference in results is just so huge.

I feel like all matches being equal kinda undermines the whole point of trying to match 5 icons.

Which is part of makes Silvally so interesting. Match size doesn't matter (other than the multiplier bonus), so Silvally is still incredible even without a 4 or 5 match available. Whereas the other combo multiplier effects pretty much NEED a 4 or 5 match to activate.

Also, I think it's slightly based on how all of Silvally's in-game stats are identical.

Probably. Either way if you can keep the combo the damage is sick. I just beat stage 100 of Celebi itemless by keeping a Typeless Combo going.

EDIT: And I've also beaten stage 125 itemless. This is getting absurd.

Also, I genuinely CANNOT wait until we get weekend A-Meowth back, as normal Meowth has been getting progressively more sheet. I almost never get 6000 or more with him, and my recent go of 18000 from 4 runs is god damn pathetic.

And I really find it insulting how the Eevee stage outright punishes you for not using fighting types. In fact, I think it's funking dumb that some stages punishes you for doing sheet, like Tapu Bulu punishing you for using Moves +5, as it changes its entire disruption style to be even more punishing on the player if they use one.

Even more annoying is funking Silvally right now. I'm trying to beat Celebi stage 175, and that fuckign jabroni Silvally outright REFUSES to activate 4-6 times in a row. I'm sorry, but a 45% chance ISN'T a 4-6 failure thing, it's funking, not. I've basically wasted the gold to USE C-1 without actually using a C-1, it's funking disgusting that I'm only failing because Silvally isn't activating at all.

To the above...(sing-song) Skill Level Five! Skill Level 5!

Anyway, this week is...good god, expensive. Escalation Battle. Competition. AND an Ultra Beast.

Thankfully, they learned their lesson. It's now 20k gold for TEN tries, not for one try, with a max of three. The stage also isn't very hard. I beat it on my first try, and caught Buzzwole with a 57% chance, no Great Ball.

I'm grinding coins at the moment, to recover a portion of the 20k used for Buzzwole. The Competition also doesn't look too bad, but Tier 1 gives 15 RMLs, Tier 2 gives 4 Speedups and 10 RML. I...am not going for Tier 1.

And the Escalation Battle gives a ton of RMLs and I think 3 Skill Swap.

Buzzwole is apparently quite strong too without needing investment. His ability is a x9 multiplier on an 80% activation rate, and investing in skill levels only increases said activation rate by a pitiful margin, eventually capping out at an additional 9%. It's a very cheap ability to max though.

I just think it's sheet that items and skill boosters don't drop from his stage, as those 9 extra tries are just sitting there, being utterly wasted. If this is the case UBS should really only be worth 10k, since I would NOT have needed full items for him.

Didn't use Absol for Celebi 150 when I ought to, so blew way too many Coins on it

Ended up not being able to get 175 because of it, and had to spend a lot of this week coin grinding for literally everything.

Buzzwole was easy but that was still another 20k I had to recover before I could seriously consider Mega Steelix or w/e. Got to Zygarde 40ish off unlimited Hearts but I'm not sure how far I'll be able to get with only nearing 60k and all these other events around the corner (and still not having entered Mega Steelix yet).

On the bright side, I beat Zygarde 50 on first try no items by repeatedly triggering Magearna's Calm Down, so that was alright.

Absol I don't think is the best choice for Celebi, but then you are a tad behind, so it's understandable. I, quite vexingly, spent WAY too much of Celebi 175 because Silvally was being a jabroni and would take 5-6 matches to even activate once. It cost me a crap tonne of time in the start of the match, and it gimped me to the point it was impossible to win. I even failed using C-1 because that sheet just, it averaged 5 failures in a row. That's not hyperbole, I actually kept track of the failures and it would always be 4-6 fails between activations.

Oh, btw, apparently someone went dataming and in the reddit dropped these stats for the LevelUpAngryParam file they found.

-1                   20%

0                    50%

1                    30%

2                    30%

3                    20%

4                    20%

These stats refer to the chance of a tantrum occurring in proportion to the amount of hearts remaining. So as you can see, and probably already knew, having 0 hearts remaining leaves the greatest chance of getting a tantrum, with a full 50% chance for it.

I got...wait for it...place #101. Meaning, just BARELY missed Tier 1. I don't mind, really, just find it a bit disappointing because I saw it coming. I knew I'd miss the cutoff by a tiny margin. Still get 10 RML and 4 MSU.

Currently grinding coins because I was mostly broke, and I'm going to need a lot of cash for Tapu Fini and finishing off what I want from the Escalation Battle.

She has about 40k HP though, and uses blocks, breakables, and barriers. But nothing that can't be bested using 3 mons. I used M-Ampharos, Angrychu, and Emolga, and won with a 41% catch rate. Needed a great ball though, but I had plenty of gold since I didn't bother wasting it on M-Steelix.

Yea, I did a test run and I think ended with 30K damage clocked. I still went all in with items since I didn't want to deal with it, but it was shockingly "fair".

Also, I did not notice that we had a Safari update. Curious, did we have one last week because I really haven't been looking and only caught this one by chance.

Yea, I did a test run and I think ended with 30K damage clocked. I still went all in with items since I didn't want to deal with it, but it was shockingly "fair".

Also, I did not notice that we had a Safari update. Curious, did we have one last week because I really haven't been looking and only caught this one by chance.

Caught Tapu Fini with no trouble. Had 14 moves left (did NOT bother with Moves + 5), like a 41% chance, no Great Ball.

The Safari, I believe, started today (Wednesday), rather than Tuesday. So far, I've caught the female Hippowdon, but it cost me 3 Great Balls, so back to coin grinding before I try to track down the Hippopotas.

Finally beat Zygarge 250. It was pretty close, at the end, so thank goodness I had maxed out Zygarde 50% before doing it. If I have time I'll see if I can do 285 since it doesn't seem like the Mega Speedup stages get a difficulty spike.

I only have 3.3k coins left, though, and that's after the 200 coins from a Safari stage. Speaking of which, I'll probably do that before Tapu Fini since for some reason despite showing up late the Safari doesn't have a 2-week run, and I don't use Great Balls on Safari most of the time so I'll need that extra time compared to Tapu Fini's remaining 13 days.

Man I hate Meowth grinding, you'd think after 600 stages we'd have gotten something else to break the monotony by now.

Finally beat Zygarge 250. It was pretty close, at the end, so thank goodness I had maxed out Zygarde 50% before doing it. If I have time I'll see if I can do 285 since it doesn't seem like the Mega Speedup stages get a difficulty spike.

I only have 3.3k coins left, though, and that's after the 200 coins from a Safari stage. Speaking of which, I'll probably do that before Tapu Fini since for some reason despite showing up late the Safari doesn't have a 2-week run, and I don't use Great Balls on Safari most of the time so I'll need that extra time compared to Tapu Fini's remaining 13 days.

Man I hate Meowth grinding, you'd think after 600 stages we'd have gotten something else to break the monotony by now.

I'll use a great ball on the last catch or the rare Pokemon in a safari (which are often the same).

And yea, Meowth grinding is the majority of the game for me and it is SO dull. At least I can use it to level random Pokemon.

I've been using Meowth to grind the Eeveelutions, since they tend to be common 5th supports. I tend to try to get 500 coins each run, but the flippant nature of the stage can keep screwing me over. I mean, I had a Gallade and the Eeveelutions and I've somehow still managed to overdamage from just one move.

Also, it really speaks volumes to how poorly an Escalation is done when you can have done 150k damage, and have STILL not won yet.

Archived