Pokemon Shuffle

• Please log in to reply
1348 replies to this topic

Flame Dragon

Flame Dragon

Ancient YCMer

• Super Moderators
  • 22,996 posts

The Magikarpachu stage isn't that bad IF you know the move to make. Move the Karpachu from the first COLUMN to the middle of the first ROW, where the Pichu icon is. (A4-C1)

This triggers Karpachu's Swap++ and clears the stage in one move, giving you a solid 40% catch rate.

I would probably have beaten the stage easier the first time if I had known that Karpachu's ability was Swap++ (it's the same as Magikarp, I know, but do you think I knew Magikarp's default ability off-hand?)

I've encountered everything a couple of times. Only Shiny Magikarp got encountered once (and I failed the stage), but I've caught everything, so I'm only doing the Safari because Exp Boosters is mildly more rewarding than Meowth, since I'm already at 46k gold, and the Cloyster stage, if drawn, gives Ampharos 100-200 exp (everything else I'm using is maxed).

Wish I'd checked this to see what the move was. Was still able to get the catch with a single great ball and a lucky super catch, but better odds are very nice.

I honestly value the gold more than just about anything in game and won't stop grinding until I'm in the 80K range. As for the experience candies I'd rather just play the Ampharos stage. Or slowly grind a Pokemon on Mewoth.

The experience candies are at least decently common. I'm at 9 small, 2 medium, and 1 large.
If anyone is willing to trade me a HA Cranidos, HA Snover, HA Burmy and/or Shaymin in Gen 6 I'd be your best friend forever.

FC: 0989-1906-1912

sept_p10_02_4jkg1.jpgvqhz4l.jpg
charizard-megay.gifNw_Easter_Event9.png006-m.png

evilfusion

evilfusion

Starve Venom Fusion Dragon

• Super Moderators
  • 21,656 posts

Wish I'd checked this to see what the move was. Was still able to get the catch with a single great ball and a lucky super catch, but better odds are very nice.

I honestly value the gold more than just about anything in game and won't stop grinding until I'm in the 80K range. As for the experience candies I'd rather just play the Ampharos stage. Or slowly grind a Pokemon on Mewoth.

The experience candies are at least decently common. I'm at 9 small, 2 medium, and 1 large.

I will almost definitely switch back to Meowth later in the week, but since I'm caught up on all the content, I've been Meowth grinding for most of the last week or so, and don't have the interest to do it constantly.

Wiping out 500,000 LP on my second turn: Priceless.

Epic
Best Ragequit
Neo Galaxy-Eyes Hall of Fame
1zn9x09.jpg

In a perfect world we'd have 12 evilfusion's and the rest of us could retire.

Broke. N

Broke. N

Feel like playing a... game?

• Quiastias
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,560 posts

I'm 7:1:2 on candies. I got lucky and had a Pidove drop both a M and a L in the same level. I didn't even notice I had drops until I had won it. Also, still waiting on finding Magichu again.

I haven't grinded Meowth in a while, since I'm working on progressing through the game, and I have recently beaten M-Salamance, so I'm kinda catching up now. I'll be back to progressing once I get Magichu, which might take a while, since reality dictates that once I figured out the way to win (I actually realized it too before I saw your post evil), I won't be seeing it for a very long time. It's funny really, since so far I've seen S-Gyarados, and Gyaradoschu twice, but not S-Magikarp.

36014Broken.jpg

Let's play a... game

3DS FC: 5472-6439-7816

Steam: Broke. N
PS3: Broke. N

evilfusion

evilfusion

• Super Moderators
  • 21,656 posts

S Magikarp was always mean. It was the Poke I had the most trouble finding in the original run of the Safari, and I've only seen him once in this run, even after encountering all the others multiple times. I've seen more shiny Gyarados and Pikachu cosplayers than I've seen the shiny Magikarp.

Epic
Best Ragequit
1zn9x09.jpg

Flame Dragon

Flame Dragon

Ancient YCMer

• Super Moderators
  • 22,996 posts

S Magikarp was always mean. It was the Poke I had the most trouble finding in the original run of the Safari, and I've only seen him once in this run, even after encountering all the others multiple times. I've seen more shiny Gyarados and Pikachu cosplayers than I've seen the shiny Magikarp.

The reddit thread actually has it as the rarest encounter in the safari at 1.42%, a little under half as often as the Pikachus and S.Gyarados.
If anyone is willing to trade me a HA Cranidos, HA Snover, HA Burmy and/or Shaymin in Gen 6 I'd be your best friend forever.

Broke. N

Broke. N

• Quiastias
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,560 posts

Huh, funny. I've actually seen S-Magikarp twice now since I last posted, and I also finally caught Magichu. It only needed 1 great ball, since at max catch rate (28%), the great ball doubler, AND a super catch chance, it would be hard to break free from a 96% catch chance.

I'm still gonna grind some more in the safari, just for more exp items since they've become something of a rarity nowadays.

36014Broken.jpg

Let's play a... game

Flame Dragon

Flame Dragon

Ancient YCMer

• Super Moderators
  • 22,996 posts
Caught Gyarachu. I saw the stages and looked up a solution cause I didn't want to risk it. The solution was dumb. Anyway, had I known it didn't use your supports I would have just switched to electric types and used this as a chance to get Emolga some EXP. O well.

Done with the Safari. Not going to grind for EXP candies. IMO your time is better spent grinding for coins and just using Amp or Gear to get EXP. Honestly, I don't even know what it is I WANT to level right now since I have the bulk of the good Pokemon at level 10 and have a nice number at level 15.

evilfusion

evilfusion

• Super Moderators
  • 21,656 posts

Grinding coins IS better use...but I'm at 80k right now.

Epic
Best Ragequit
1zn9x09.jpg

Broke. N

Broke. N

• Quiastias
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,560 posts

Might as well go to 90k, since we haven't received any high amounts of coins, especially not from codes, considering that the last code we ever got to use was issued February last year.

Granted, grinding Meowth's stage would be easier if not for its sadistic quality of easy as shit combos. Like seriously, make a move, you knock out 1000 of its 1160 HP in one go. It's even more amazing how I watched it combo 5 times from just the top row.

36014Broken.jpg

Let's play a... game

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users