• Please log in to reply
1459 replies to this topic

Broke. N

Broke. N

Feel like playing a... game?

• Quiastias
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,642 posts
Huh, I guess Serebii was wrong then. Also Sil was a breeze for me; I just used M+5, DD, MS, and Attack Up. Beat him with 14 moves left and a 35% catch rate. I needed a great ball sure, but it wasn't too bad. I just used a burst fighting team with M-Ray.

36014Broken.jpg

Let's play a... game

3DS FC: 5472-6439-7816

Steam: Broke. N
PS3: Broke. N

Flame Dragon

Flame Dragon

Ancient YCMer

• Super Moderators
  • 23,200 posts
I didn't have much trouble with Sil either. Just used Shiny Mewtwo X and my strongest fighting types with +5, DD, and ^ATK. Was annoying I lost the 62% on my first great ball but I've had fast runs on the secondary new Pokemon so the luck averages out. Just sucks I'm getting lucky on the easier stages.
If anyone is willing to trade me a HA Cranidos, HA Snover, HA Burmy and/or Shaymin in Gen 6 I'd be your best friend forever.

FC: 0989-1906-1912

sept_p10_02_4jkg1.jpgvqhz4l.jpg
charizard-megay.gifNw_Easter_Event9.png006-m.png

evilfusion

evilfusion

God-Pharaoh

• Super Moderators
  • 21,717 posts

Okay, well, then my difficulty was due to using less items. I only used Attack Up and +5, and I think I used Diancie due to the barriers for some reason.

Wiping out 500,000 LP on my second turn: Priceless.

Epic
Best Ragequit
Neo Galaxy-Eyes Hall of Fame
1zn9x09.jpg

In a perfect world we'd have 12 evilfusion's and the rest of us could retire.

Broke. N

Broke. N

• Quiastias
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,642 posts
I find you should NEVER go cheap with an Ultra Challenge. It costs you too much on Great Balls and potential fails. I mean heck, my bill for Sil was 7300 on items and 2500 on a great ball. So 9800 all up. Comparatively you spent 3800 on items but 5000 on great balls, for 8800. So really, being thrifty only saved you 1000 gold; although your absurd luck did save you from spending more at that low catch %.

36014Broken.jpg

Let's play a... game

evilfusion

evilfusion

God-Pharaoh

• Super Moderators
  • 21,717 posts

My bill was higher because I failed twice.

Epic
Best Ragequit
1zn9x09.jpg

Broke. N

Broke. N

• Quiastias
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,642 posts
Yeah, never go cheap on an Ultra Challenge.

36014Broken.jpg

Let's play a... game

evilfusion

evilfusion

God-Pharaoh

• Super Moderators
  • 21,717 posts

In other news, I have completed Stage 175 of the Escalation Battle, and that is when I planned to stop. I'm sure 200 is tough as nails, and I don't really care about Level Ups. They're valuable, but not remotely necessary unless you're trying to level stuff up fast and the Exp requirement is stupid (I tend to only use Level Ups on RMLed Pokemon to reach 15 from 14, or similar).

And I'm sitting on like...14 RMLs now. Plenty of options of what to use them on, but nothing I'm absolutely desperate to use them on yet. So...yay! And I sure hell am not wasting them on Normal Types like Pory-Z, or anything else that can take a stupidly high number of these.

Epic
Best Ragequit
1zn9x09.jpg

Broke. N

Broke. N

• Quiastias
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,642 posts

The game has been fairly generous with RMLs that's for sure. I had 11 before preparing for the competition, and I spent 5 on Rayquaza, since he does gain additional damage for each icon he erases, so it's been long overdue for him to get to level 15. I also spent 5 on Noivern since he's been so useful. I'm not using Noivern in the mega comp, I just felt he was worth the effort.

EDIT: So, I've scored 423k for the mega challenge. I uhh, I think I might have a good shot at staying in tier 1 right now, since I happen to be place 27.

36014Broken.jpg

Let's play a... game

evilfusion

evilfusion

God-Pharaoh

• Super Moderators
  • 21,717 posts

The game has been fairly generous with RMLs that's for sure. I had 11 before preparing for the competition, and I spent 5 on Rayquaza, since he does gain additional damage for each icon he erases, so it's been long overdue for him to get to level 15. I also spent 5 on Noivern since he's been so useful. I'm not using Noivern in the mega comp, I just felt he was worth the effort.

EDIT: So, I've scored 423k for the mega challenge. I uhh, I think I might have a good shot at staying in tier 1 right now, since I happen to be place 27.

Nice!

On my most recent run, I had some pretty ridiculous luck, and the game scored roughly 200k with me not having to do anything, due to looping disruptions that even occasionally triggered Typeless Combo.

I got a score of like...530k, which is place 34 now.

...also, if you ever accumulate enough Skill Boosters to get Silvally to SL5...DO IT (if you want to). The numbers alone do not communicate just how amazingly good Silvally becomes between SL4 and lower, and SL5. At SL4, it's a 60/60/60 chance. At 5, it's a 75% for all.

The competition, for example, Silvally went from "Nah, I'm not going to activate, enjoy your 80+ NOT-Typeless Combo combo". To "I'm going to activate almost every time!"

And yes, Broke, it WILL still fail the one time you need it most, and you'll hope it dies, etc. So actually, don't Skill buff it. It takes 150 skill points. I used my Skill Booster Ls from the past Escalation Battles to help with that one.

Epic
Best Ragequit
1zn9x09.jpg

Broke. N

Broke. N

• Quiastias
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,642 posts
Part of my damage came from Skill Swapping Porygon-Z, so the disruptions would trigger that ability to keep the damage increasing each time. I'm not going to try my luck though, as I doubt I'll do better than what I have.

As for buffing Silvally... truth be told I tend not to go higher than SL3 really, unless the skill is really good, like Last-Ditch Effort. The reason being is that there are too many Pokemon needing a skill buff, and not enough Skill Boosters to buff them with.

Also while it is helpful, Sil will never see the light of day until any other comps like this, so those boosters may have been a touch wasted. Also, I should've invested in S-Gyarados over Rayquaza, a S-M-Gyarados was near godly for the mega comp. Granted, I dunno how much difference 6 points of power would have made tbh.

36014Broken.jpg

Let's play a... game

evilfusion

evilfusion

God-Pharaoh

• Super Moderators
  • 21,717 posts

Silvally will be amazing in Timed stages and any other stage with 3 mons or other high-combo stages, due to the 2.5x buff for everything, including itself, being superior to Super-Effective damage. And it'll stack with super effective damage.

I used one of my 2 Skill Swaps already, and don't see the need to give one to Pory-Z, although can you imagine how ridiculous my score might have been?

It'd actually be 9 points of damage. Its max power with 3 RMLs is 99. And that damage would add up quite a bit, especially with Typeless Combo up, but if you SSed Pory-Z, you got a similar amount of score-boosting. My previous best score had been just shy of 300k, and even that was Tier 2.

Epic
Best Ragequit
1zn9x09.jpg

Broke. N

Broke. N

• Quiastias
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,642 posts
My S-Gyarados is level 11.

36014Broken.jpg

Let's play a... game

Flame Dragon

Flame Dragon

Ancient YCMer

• Super Moderators
  • 23,200 posts

Part of my damage came from Skill Swapping Porygon-Z, so the disruptions would trigger that ability to keep the damage increasing each time. I'm not going to try my luck though, as I doubt I'll do better than what I have.

GAH!!!! I didn't do this. That would have made a huge difference. Between that and mismoving something on one of the last turns I can only imagine what my score would have ended up as. Got 332330 and am 448. I realistically could have been in tier had those two things been changed. O well.
If anyone is willing to trade me a HA Cranidos, HA Snover, HA Burmy and/or Shaymin in Gen 6 I'd be your best friend forever.

FC: 0989-1906-1912

sept_p10_02_4jkg1.jpgvqhz4l.jpg
charizard-megay.gifNw_Easter_Event9.png006-m.png

Broke. N

Broke. N

• Quiastias
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,642 posts

Yeah, I felt Hitting Streak+ helped make a difference in my score.

And what a score it was. I've ended the competition in spot 97, so tier 1 rewards for me~ Also, I really, really hate the Unown safari. Something about these stages really, really just tick me off.

36014Broken.jpg

Let's play a... game

evilfusion

evilfusion

God-Pharaoh

• Super Moderators
  • 21,717 posts

On the bright side, seems like a really easy week (unless you're still doing the Escalation Battle or similar). The only content I have to deal with is the Safari.

But I agree. The Safari stages are a bit obnoxious.

EDIT: And, I'm done.

I got each of them, one after the other. E, N, I, C. 4 hearts...also, 4 Great Balls total, but 3 of them got Super Captures. None of them seemed "rare", but their stages were a bit obnoxious. Anticipating such a thing, because Safaris, I had brought my SL4 Last-Ditch Effort Dusknoir.

Epic
Best Ragequit
1zn9x09.jpg

Broke. N

Broke. N

• Quiastias
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,642 posts
I see what you mean about Silvally in timed battles. I honestly thought the multiplier was 1.5x, not 2.5x. So the damage I'm dishing on Celebi is disgusting, as is the activation rate. I'm routinely getting failures at least 4 times in a row between each activation at SL1.

36014Broken.jpg

Let's play a... game

evilfusion

evilfusion

God-Pharaoh

• Super Moderators
  • 21,717 posts

I see what you mean about Silvally in timed battles. I honestly thought the multiplier was 1.5x, not 2.5x. So the damage I'm dishing on Celebi is disgusting, as is the activation rate. I'm routinely getting failures at least 4 times in a row between each activation at SL1.

Yeah, SL1 is merely a 40% rate, no matter what size the match. SL5 is 75%. But it costs SO MUCH to buff it. And the difference in results is just so huge.

Epic
Best Ragequit
1zn9x09.jpg

Broke. N

Broke. N

• Quiastias
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,642 posts
I feel like all matches being equal kinda undermines the whole point of trying to match 5 icons.

36014Broken.jpg

Let's play a... game

evilfusion

evilfusion

God-Pharaoh

• Super Moderators
  • 21,717 posts

I feel like all matches being equal kinda undermines the whole point of trying to match 5 icons.

Which is part of makes Silvally so interesting. Match size doesn't matter (other than the multiplier bonus), so Silvally is still incredible even without a 4 or 5 match available. Whereas the other combo multiplier effects pretty much NEED a 4 or 5 match to activate.

Also, I think it's slightly based on how all of Silvally's in-game stats are identical.

Epic
Best Ragequit
1zn9x09.jpg

Broke. N

Broke. N

• Quiastias
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,642 posts

Probably. Either way if you can keep the combo the damage is sick. I just beat stage 100 of Celebi itemless by keeping a Typeless Combo going.

EDIT: And I've also beaten stage 125 itemless. This is getting absurd.

Also, I genuinely CANNOT wait until we get weekend A-Meowth back, as normal Meowth has been getting progressively more shit. I almost never get 6000 or more with him, and my recent go of 18000 from 4 runs is god damn pathetic.

And I really find it insulting how the Eevee stage outright punishes you for not using fighting types. In fact, I think it's fucking dumb that some stages punishes you for doing shit, like Tapu Bulu punishing you for using Moves +5, as it changes its entire disruption style to be even more punishing on the player if they use one.

Even more annoying is fucking Silvally right now. I'm trying to beat Celebi stage 175, and that fuckign cunt Silvally outright REFUSES to activate 4-6 times in a row. I'm sorry, but a 45% chance ISN'T a 4-6 failure thing, it's fucking, not. I've basically wasted the gold to USE C-1 without actually using a C-1, it's fucking disgusting that I'm only failing because Silvally isn't activating at all.

36014Broken.jpg

Let's play a... game

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users