Pokemon Shuffle

Flame Dragon

Well, I'm done with the Level MAX Challenge, but normal Meowth is being stupidly cruel this week. My wins with coins has plummeted to about a 20-30% chance, as I am routinely doing too much damage (with Gallade and some freaking -eons no less) from absurdly long combos (even on the top row), or not enough if I do align the coins. These past 3 days I haven't even made 10k because of this bullshit.

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well, I'm done with the Level MAX Challenge, but normal Meowth is being stupidly cruel this week. My wins with coins has plummeted to about a 20-30% chance, as I am routinely doing too much damage (with Gallade and some freaking -eons no less) from absurdly long combos (even on the top row), or not enough if I do align the coins. These past 3 days I haven't even made 10k because of this bullshit.

Heh, reminds me of when I was using Meowth grinding to (very slowly) level up Silvally. You know...when Typeless Combo has a 75% activation chance no matter how big the match, and turns every match in the combo into 200-300 damage apiece on a 1160 HP stage.

On the plus side, I NEVER failed to beat the stage after getting coins. But in all seriousness, I never bring Fighting types to Meowth grinding.

And yeah, I also finished the Level Max thing. The last stage was actually hard, but by then, SL5 Rayquaza Shot Out (mine had been SL3 beforehand - 30 SP already in, out of 120 needed for Max), and I made no effort to actually modify my team to compensate for the stage itself. Just kept trying.

I always bring a fighting type just to ensure I can do the damage to win, since I've failed to do enough damage plenty of time to know I need one, since I DO NOT under ANY circumstances trust the game to not do a huge combo if I try to do early damage.

Also, I didn't find stage 45 too hard tbh. I too had SL3 Rayquaza, so mine got maxed 10-15 stages prior to 45. SL5 Shot Out's damage is pretty sick, just as I expected it would be. The Shot abilities do huge damage at max SL. But anyways, I did feel like I might've lost in 45, but I had SL5 Shot Out Rayquaza and SL4 Last-Ditch Effort Zygarde 100%. Losing would have had to have been deliberate tbh.

Heh, reminds me of when I was using Meowth grinding to (very slowly) level up Silvally. You know...when Typeless Combo has a 75% activation chance no matter how big the match, and turns every match in the combo into 200-300 damage apiece on a 1160 HP stage.

I was grinding Silvally on the Meowth stage too. I did have enough forethought to not push the skill level higher (I was at like 3 when I was doing this) since I knew I'd just end up nuking it if I did.

I always bring a fighting type just to ensure I can do the damage to win, since I've failed to do enough damage plenty of time to know I need one, since I DO NOT under ANY circumstances trust the game to not do a huge combo if I try to do early damage.

Also, I didn't find stage 45 too hard tbh. I too had SL3 Rayquaza, so mine got maxed 10-15 stages prior to 45. SL5 Shot Out's damage is pretty sick, just as I expected it would be. The Shot abilities do huge damage at max SL. But anyways, I did feel like I might've lost in 45, but I had SL5 Shot Out Rayquaza and SL4 Last-Ditch Effort Zygarde 100%. Losing would have had to have been deliberate tbh.

I never bring a fighting type. An important skill when coin grinding I've found is knowing when to bow out and just take 300.

Let your eyes glaze over so you become aware of the entire board, and start making combos like mad with your extra awareness. Sounds weird as hell, but it works. Also, bring in some kind of erasing mon (either type-erasing or self-erasing) to prolong combos while also abusing the sheet out of Silvally, as combo boosters shine brightest in time trials. You could also apply a Burn as well with a fire team to do even more damage.

Let your eyes glaze over so you become aware of the entire board, and start making combos like mad with your extra awareness. Sounds weird as hell, but it works. Also, bring in some kind of erasing mon (either type-erasing or self-erasing) to prolong combos while also abusing the sheet out of Silvally, as combo boosters shine brightest in time trials. You could also apply a Burn as well with a fire team to do even more damage.

The run I actually got a kill was with a Pyre team + Ttar. Honestly I hate that if you don't get the ability trigger you need to sit there and wait for the combo to end before you can try again. It is so stupid. I hate time trial. X_X

I hated Necrozma's stage. I beat it using a Complexity -1 and probably an Attack Power Up. 

I haven't even gotten Shiny Genesect's stage unlocked. I think I need 4 more S Ranks, but Deoxys-D and M-Abomasnow are on the list, and require full item runs...and I have failed full item runs previously.

• 2 weeks later...

Remember when you mentioned what we could possibly need a SL5 maxed Rayquaza for Evil? Well I reckon the Zygarde Complete Form competition is exactly the reason. It's honestly a really tedious competition though, and I won't lie when I say that I hate it, even if it IS a cheap competition (5300 per run).

Remember when you mentioned what we could possibly need a SL5 maxed Rayquaza for Evil? Well I reckon the Zygarde Complete Form competition is exactly the reason. It's honestly a really tedious competition though, and I won't lie when I say that I hate it, even if it IS a cheap competition (5300 per run).

Funny story.

I did a run on the first day. Got 101k. I was actually in FIRST place (I knew that wouldn't last, though).

I'm currently in low Tier 2. And...I actually don't really care if I get bumped to Tier 3. I just don't feel the "need" to do super well this competition, because this week was so laidback for me. I pretty much just grinded Meowth, because other than my 2 remaining S Ranks (M-Abomasnow, Deoxys- D) and by extension, catching S-Genesect, I'm caught up on everything.

And yeah, my best run of the Competition used Ray as a support, rather than the Mega, so that I could take advantage of the SL5 Shot Out.

I also don't feel a need to RML A-Sandslash, because I already gave Vanillish 10 RMLs. A-Sandslash would be BETTER, as a base 105 (I think) with Ice Dance for only 5 RML vs a 115 with Ice Dance for 10 RML, but too late. I had RMLed Vanillish before Sandslash got the RML. So by default, A-Sandslash for me is only worth RMLing for this Competition. And I don't see the need to do that.

Man, I gotta say I'm feeling a little sour getting inched out of the third tier by 2 measly places (I ended on #502), and yet at the same time I really don't care as much. So yeah *Shrug*

Also, looks like we got another week-long EB, this time with Magearna offering... a stupid amount of varying Exp boosters. I mean yeah they're good, but I'd honestly like an Eevee challenge considering we seriously need more avenues for skill boosters, given how precious in number they are compared to the sheer volume of very buffable monsters. Really, it just feels like leveling is a joke now with the amount of exp boosters being tossed around.

Man, I gotta say I'm feeling a little sour getting inched out of the third tier by 2 measly places (I ended on #502), and yet at the same time I really don't care as much. So yeah *Shrug*

Also, looks like we got another week-long EB, this time with Magearna offering... a stupid amount of varying Exp boosters. I mean yeah they're good, but I'd honestly like an Eevee challenge considering we seriously need more avenues for skill boosters, given how precious in number they are compared to the sheer volume of very buffable monsters. Really, it just feels like leveling is a joke now with the amount of exp boosters being tossed around.

Considering how frustrated players got when Pokes starting getting up to 20 RML...this is probably deliberate.

Competition wise, I got Tier 3.

The Rayquaza Level MAX thing makes me think they know Skill Boosters are tough to get, and intentionally so, and that grinding for PSBs in special stages can be a huge hassle. Maybe they'll do more things like that in the future, where there will be a stage where you can get stuff and PSBs much more reliably for select Pokemon.

Y'know, I really do find it both sad and funny as to the fact that the Magearna Escalation (so far up to stage 90) only ever seems to disrupt with barriers, breakables, or herself. But she rarely if ever disrupts with unbreakables. The game developers really are going out of their way to avoid letting us use M-Steelix in the rare times we would get to use him (him being SE against her), and that's honestly kinda sad. I mean, it doesn't help that both types SE against her in this game tend to be pretty crap too. We don't have Last-Ditch Effort, but only get the inferior Steely Resolve. We don't have strong Risk Takers unless we invest into Mawile, and while Solgaleo's ability is pretty good, combos don't work much unless it's in a 3-mon system, which Magearna only allowed for a single run. I get that her health is substantially lower than other Escalations where we have stronger mons, but this still feels a little sad and crooked in spite of the rewards.

Oh crap.

Shiny Gardevoir Competition

Incineroar 150 stage Escalation Battle.

New Pokemon Safari

...all of these going for only one week.

Bright side is I have caught everything in the Safari except one of the common encounters. But bye bye money. Which I didn't have because I tried to do one of my remaining S Ranks (which require full item runs) and still failed it.

Sorry to double, but jesus funking christ! When you guys do Bewear prepare to bring a C-1 with ya. Not because it has a 5th support, but just so you can do enough funking damage to kill this jabroni. I did 17k damage to it, and that was barely a quarter of its health. The funking thing has near 70k hp (22k seems to be a third, so it must have like 66k hp). So yeah, bring the big guns cause this bear is not going to go down itemless.

And I beat the bastard, and the funking thing has no less than 64k hp. That is funking absurd.

• 2 weeks later...

I swear they game makers are taking the piss now. 3 funking Competitions back to back? And not just that but dealing with a 300 stage Escalation for last week, and now also a  20k UB Challenge AND a most likely funking expensive Ultra Challenge as well?! If they're that desperate for cash then they should make us pay 20 bucks to even buy the damn game first CHRIST! I mean seriously, they just did a funking Ultra Challenge two weeks ago that was needed for a Competition, and now they're making us do it all over a funking gain with Kommo-O and Shiny M-Char X. This is funking absurd!

Archived