Insert Fantasy Name Here [OOC/PG-13/Started/Accepting]

Ayyyy, come on guys. I don't mind this RP going slowly; it might actually be better that way. But this is a bit too slow if ya get mah drift.

Let's get some posting done.

I really want everyone to keep this in mind. If you have any reason you can't work out a post, message me, tell me what's up and if there's anything I can do/if you're not sure what to do/etc. I don't mind giving out some extra information or helping to come up with ideas for posts.

• Replies 182
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I already posted, didn't it? Or it might have just been a dream... But if i already posted, which i'm 85% certain i did, i prefer waiting a few more peeps to post before i do something else

You did don't worry. I'm more referring to those who haven't posted.

Which is everyone besides me you and Hydreigon.

well I blame one piece for being so damn entertaining, and long. anyways I just posted take a look and give advice. i know i need it.

Well that was your first post and I'd say so far looking good. ^^ It's always good to add a little more detail, and it's nice to break up long periods of just dialouge with some inner thoughts/opinions.

Also. For the Plants in Pants thing....congrats you have started upon one of the various events/quests I have preplanned. PM me with what information you need and ideas you have and we can work from there to complete it. ^^

Sorry.  This is the week before finals.

I have so much work to do and catch up on it's not even funny.

I was worried about the timing yeah....but no worries, you can hop in a bit later if that's best. If you need help catching up on the RP and figuring out what's going on just let me know and I'll help out.

Here's my full app!

[spoiler='Rogan Wololo']
Character Name: Rogan Wololo
Race: Centaur (Mutant)
Class: Puppeteer/Lancer
Appearance:

(Sorry for the terrible pic, but… yeah, there’s really no pictures of black, mutated centaurs with a chariot instead of back legs, so I had to make one with Paint instead.)

[spoiler='Bad Image']

VXNf7AK.png[/spoiler]

Rogan is a dark-haired, dark-skinned (both human and horse) young man with bright green eyes.  His distinctive features include his three front legs and the chariot attached to his horse body instead back legs.  He stands tall at almost 7 ft. and weighs close to a 1800 lbs.

(Again, this is a pretty bad representation but couldn't find a much better one…)

[spoiler='Inaccurate Image']

7gNnziP.jpg[/spoiler]

Rogan’s Automaton (named “Anonymous”), a large steel clad figure made of wood, is many-jointed and has a single glass eye where its forehead should be.  It has painted-on closed eyes and a chipped-off space where its mouth would be.  It has many breaks where joints would be including distinct fingers and thumb.  It stands 6’ and weighs 430 lbs. when fully clad in steel and helm.

Personality:

Rogan is a stubborn lad who, unlike most members of his Plains tribe, would rather run headlong into battle than think and strategize.  Some suspect that he wasn’t even born with the same blood as his fellow tribesman and instead was a bastard born with the blood of the much more rambunctious Mountain Centaurs.  Of course, this is where his similarity to the brutal members of the centaur race end.  Rogan is loyal and outspoken, oftentimes too much so (as it sometimes gets him into trouble) as well as trusting to the point of naivety.

Of course, this doesn’t mean he doesn’t have a darker side to him.  He has several buttons that make him furious.  The first button is his physical deformities.  He’s had more than enough teasing in his youth about his 5 legs and even more when he became 3-legged.  The other button that triggers his ire is any insult to his honor or anything that besmirches his friends or his Automaton.  Of course, later on when he comes down from his frenzy, he is usually quite quick to apologize but with the unspoken air of saying “well, you shouldn’t test me!”

Anonymous has no personality of its own since it is a puppet, but often comes across as whimsical and over-the-top in politeness, bowing in informal situations and going so far as prostrating at slightly more formal events.  This ultimately points back to Rogan’s wit.

Biography:

Rogan was born a mutant.  A “five-legged freak” he was called by the other centaurs.  With three front legs and only two back ones, he tried his best to fit in with the rest of his tribe but to no avail.  He was slower than the other centaurs, lacked the patience and forethought of his fellow tribesman, and couldn’t fire a bow to save his life.  The bullying and teasing he always received by the other young centaurs, along with the adult centaurs’ whispers that he might not even be a plains centaur at all, eventually pushed him over the edge.  Grabbing some stuff for himself, Rogan struck off for the mountains.

It was bitterly cold in the mountains and Rogan was alone in a cave.  Sharpening a stick with a knife he’d brought, Rogan heard a strange sound as the nightly winds gave otherworldly howls.  Holding on to the makeshift spear, he headed outside only to be greeted by rains as the dark sky turned even darker.  Suddenly a bolt of lightning struck the mountaintop and, like in those movies, a huge stone broke loose from that location and tumbled down at Rogan.  Hearing the rock but unable to see it, Rogan was only given warning when another bolt of lightning lit the heavens as the rock careened down, smashing into Rogan’s lower back and crushing his legs.  Rogan remembered nothing from that point forward.

When he awoke, he was back amongst the tribe and the Elders were discussing what should be done.  He fell asleep.  His dreams were punctuated by little snippets of reality.  His parents calling his name.  An old mage in a cloak.  A red circle that smelled oddly of blood.  And pain.  Lots of pain.  When he finally awoke, his back legs were gone, replaced by a wooden chariot.  His parents told him what happened and told him of the odd mage who had saved his life, an old man called Anonymous.  They said that he wanted to meet him when he was able to.

Rogan went to meet this Anonymous fellow.  He was a hermit who lived on the low slopes between the plains and the mountains and it was he who told his tribe where Rogan had run off to as well as saving him.  Rogan stayed with Anonymous for years as the elderly man taught him many things, but most importantly, the building and controlling of a man-sized puppet which he named “Anonymous” after his teacher.  The puppet was to be an extension of himself.  As the puppet couldn’t move without Rogan, so to did Rogan come to rely on the puppet.  Fixing his chariot, cleaning his excretion, even washing places Rogan couldn’t reach, he soon found the puppet an invaluable friend.

It was years before Anonymous felt Rogan was ready.  Entrusting him with 50 gold coins, he bid Rogan to follow his heart’s desire and explore to his heart’s content, imploring him to head to Central City and find his destiny there.

Skills/Powers:

“Spirit Strings” – What he calls his no strings puppeteering that he uses to control Anonymous.  He was also taught how to strengthen his connection with the automaton, allowing for him to see through Anonymous’ eye.  In battle, he can hold this focus insomuch as he can control Anonymous’ head and arms.  If Anonymous falls off though, there is little Rogan can do until he can concentrate and get him back up.  The downside is that he both his hands to control Anonymous completely.

Lancing/Double Lancing – He found that for all his failures at archery, he was very good at the use of polearms: lances, spears, pikes, halberds, even tridents and pitchforks.  His success in this has also translated well to Anonymous and he has developed the “double lance attack” where he holds 1 polearm while Anonymous, on the chariot, uses a second one.

Marionettes - he's good at using marionettes and puppets.  It probably comes from him controlling Anonymous for so long.

Items/Weapons:

3 stone-tipped wood throwing spears: 4 foot weapons he carries to throw.  He isn’t adept at controlling Anonymous enough to trust his throw from a moving chariot though.

2 hollow, light metal spears: Imagine a toothpick.  Make it metal.  Now grow it to 7 feet in length.  Those are his preferred weapons.

A small sack: He keeps his funds in there.

A knife + string: He exclusively uses these to make more throwing spears as needed.  Anonymous holds on to the knife in case it is needed in close combat.

A bonze key hidden and tied to a small niche in Anonymous’ armor.

Misc:

Anonymous helped build a sort of storage compartment in Rogan’s chariot.  It is locked and unlocked by the key that the Automaton holds.

Rogan likes all the songs of the Age of Empires 1 soundtrack (and similar songs)

[/spoiler]

Here's my full app!

[spoiler='Rogan Wololo']
Character Name: Rogan Wololo
Race: Centaur (Mutant)
Class: Puppeteer/Lancer
Appearance:

(Sorry for the terrible pic, but… yeah, there’s really no pictures of black, mutated centaurs with a chariot instead of back legs, so I had to make one with Paint instead.)

[spoiler='Bad Image']

VXNf7AK.png[/spoiler]

Rogan is a dark-haired, dark-skinned (both human and horse) young man with bright green eyes.  His distinctive features include his three front legs and the chariot attached to his horse body instead back legs.  He stands tall at almost 7 ft. and weighs close to a 1800 lbs.

(Again, this is a pretty bad representation but couldn't find a much better one…)

[spoiler='Inaccurate Image']

7gNnziP.jpg[/spoiler]

Rogan’s Automaton (named “Anonymous”), a large steel clad figure made of wood, is many-jointed and has a single glass eye where its forehead should be.  It has painted-on closed eyes and a chipped-off space where its mouth would be.  It has many breaks where joints would be including distinct fingers and thumb.  It stands 6’ and weighs 430 lbs. when fully clad in steel and helm.

Personality:

Rogan is a stubborn lad who, unlike most members of his Plains tribe, would rather run headlong into battle than think and strategize.  Some suspect that he wasn’t even born with the same blood as his fellow tribesman and instead was a bastard born with the blood of the much more rambunctious Mountain Centaurs.  Of course, this is where his similarity to the brutal members of the centaur race end.  Rogan is loyal and outspoken, oftentimes too much so (as it sometimes gets him into trouble) as well as trusting to the point of naivety.

Of course, this doesn’t mean he doesn’t have a darker side to him.  He has several buttons that make him furious.  The first button is his physical deformities.  He’s had more than enough teasing in his youth about his 5 legs and even more when he became 3-legged.  The other button that triggers his ire is any insult to his honor or anything that besmirches his friends or his Automaton.  Of course, later on when he comes down from his frenzy, he is usually quite quick to apologize but with the unspoken air of saying “well, you shouldn’t test me!”

Anonymous has no personality of its own since it is a puppet, but often comes across as whimsical and over-the-top in politeness, bowing in informal situations and going so far as prostrating at slightly more formal events.  This ultimately points back to Rogan’s wit.

Biography:

Rogan was born a mutant.  A “five-legged freak” he was called by the other centaurs.  With three front legs and only two back ones, he tried his best to fit in with the rest of his tribe but to no avail.  He was slower than the other centaurs, lacked the patience and forethought of his fellow tribesman, and couldn’t fire a bow to save his life.  The bullying and teasing he always received by the other young centaurs, along with the adult centaurs’ whispers that he might not even be a plains centaur at all, eventually pushed him over the edge.  Grabbing some stuff for himself, Rogan struck off for the mountains.

It was bitterly cold in the mountains and Rogan was alone in a cave.  Sharpening a stick with a knife he’d brought, Rogan heard a strange sound as the nightly winds gave otherworldly howls.  Holding on to the makeshift spear, he headed outside only to be greeted by rains as the dark sky turned even darker.  Suddenly a bolt of lightning struck the mountaintop and, like in those movies, a huge stone broke loose from that location and tumbled down at Rogan.  Hearing the rock but unable to see it, Rogan was only given warning when another bolt of lightning lit the heavens as the rock careened down, smashing into Rogan’s lower back and crushing his legs.  Rogan remembered nothing from that point forward.

When he awoke, he was back amongst the tribe and the Elders were discussing what should be done.  He fell asleep.  His dreams were punctuated by little snippets of reality.  His parents calling his name.  An old mage in a cloak.  A red circle that smelled oddly of blood.  And pain.  Lots of pain.  When he finally awoke, his back legs were gone, replaced by a wooden chariot.  His parents told him what happened and told him of the odd mage who had saved his life, an old man called Anonymous.  They said that he wanted to meet him when he was able to.

Rogan went to meet this Anonymous fellow.  He was a hermit who lived on the low slopes between the plains and the mountains and it was he who told his tribe where Rogan had run off to as well as saving him.  Rogan stayed with Anonymous for years as the elderly man taught him many things, but most importantly, the building and controlling of a man-sized puppet which he named “Anonymous” after his teacher.  The puppet was to be an extension of himself.  As the puppet couldn’t move without Rogan, so to did Rogan come to rely on the puppet.  Fixing his chariot, cleaning his excretion, even washing places Rogan couldn’t reach, he soon found the puppet an invaluable friend.

It was years before Anonymous felt Rogan was ready.  Entrusting him with 50 gold coins, he bid Rogan to follow his heart’s desire and explore to his heart’s content, imploring him to head to Central City and find his destiny there.

Skills/Powers:

“Spirit Strings” – What he calls his no strings puppeteering that he uses to control Anonymous.  He was also taught how to strengthen his connection with the automaton, allowing for him to see through Anonymous’ eye.  In battle, he can hold this focus insomuch as he can control Anonymous’ head and arms.  If Anonymous falls off though, there is little Rogan can do until he can concentrate and get him back up.  The downside is that he both his hands to control Anonymous completely.

Lancing/Double Lancing – He found that for all his failures at archery, he was very good at the use of polearms: lances, spears, pikes, halberds, even tridents and pitchforks.  His success in this has also translated well to Anonymous and he has developed the “double lance attack” where he holds 1 polearm while Anonymous, on the chariot, uses a second one.

Marionettes - he's good at using marionettes and puppets.  It probably comes from him controlling Anonymous for so long.

Items/Weapons:

3 stone-tipped wood throwing spears: 4 foot weapons he carries to throw.  He isn’t adept at controlling Anonymous enough to trust his throw from a moving chariot though.

2 hollow, light metal spears: Imagine a toothpick.  Make it metal.  Now grow it to 7 feet in length.  Those are his preferred weapons.

A small sack: He keeps his funds in there.

A knife + string: He exclusively uses these to make more throwing spears as needed.  Anonymous holds on to the knife in case it is needed in close combat.

A bonze key hidden and tied to a small niche in Anonymous’ armor.

Misc:

Anonymous helped build a sort of storage compartment in Rogan’s chariot.  It is locked and unlocked by the key that the Automaton holds.

Rogan likes all the songs of the Age of Empires 1 soundtrack (and similar songs)

[/spoiler]

This is amazing in multiple ways. In!
 You may post as soon as you're ready. ^^

Also everyone else, posting is good, you should do it. Keep in mind the golden rule "Ask me about anything you need at all to help you post"

Alright now. Time for a speech.

I've been told many many times "Sandbox RPs are impossible". I don't want to believe that. See, as long as the RPers work together and think outside the box it's very very possible. This is an RP that can go on for as long as we let it. I don't want it to die. I want to see all the things you guys can come up with. This is a chance for you all to show creativity and dedication. A chance to say "Screw the rules I'm too badass to let a little thing like sandboxes being difficult stand in my way."

I can tell from your apps and posts so far that each of you totally can do this. You all seem to be at least somewhat good at this writing thing. All we need now is to show everyone else that.

So really. As a common trend in Misc would say....

Ask

Me

Anything

If you need a hook, I can give you a hook. If you need information, I can give you information. If you need permission to do anything, I can give that too.

Just don't let this die because you're unsure what to do. Ask away and I can help with that.

Just discuss.

I'm all for taking this RP slow, but I don't want it to stagnate. Heck as little as a post a week from several people should be enough to keep it going.

Name: Eren Wize
[spoiler=app]
[spoiler=race]
Race: Elf, Looks like a human with pointy ears, immortality, more magical, and have good agility. [/spoiler]
[spoiler=class]
Class:rouge, can use bows, swords and magic, and highly skilled.[/spoiler]
[spoiler=appearance]
Appearance: Eren is five foot ten, he has dirty blond hair. His hair is extremely curly and his skin is pale. He wieghs as much as a feather, other words he is very light, maybe ten or tweevle pounds. He wears baggy white clothes and a leather vest. He has a scar across his left eye. He has golden eyes. His nose is small and round, his ears are a little big and pointed. His is thin and reasonly fit. He is well looked after and in good shape. His hair goes down to his shoulders and his ears point back and out. He has big eyes that penetrate your soul, and his skin is perfectly smooth.[/spoiler]
[spoiler=personality]
Personality: Eren is a socially out going "young" man, who loves to hunt and explore, he spends most of his time finding new places and hunting down large large and terrible beast. He prefers to be around others but can also enjoy time by his self. He loves to help others and to find new things, he finds peace helping others for it gives purpose to his immortal life, he believes without purpose he would become wild like the beast he hunts. He loves to tinker and make new things. He is formal and polite, rarely does he offend people. He loves all animals, he is a foodie and very cultured. Eren is more of an evening type person. He loves stars and dreams of going to them. He is a dreamer. Lastly he thinks strategically[/spoiler]
[spoiler=bio]
Bio: Eren is an elf that was born on a boat to a great land, he was raised by a poor couple who lived for only a short time of his life, however, within their life times the worked hard to earn money and send him to a kingdom of floating islands called Eilis. This kingdom was filled with tinkerers and shop keepers. There Eren was taught how to weild magic and build things. Eren made his self a flying ship and left this kingdom to explore. He learned how to shot a bow and how to weild a sword in his travels. He made his own weapons and enchanted them, after finding gold in an unexplored cave, however the enchants do not work in his hands but he does not be them to. Lastly Eren adventures to fell alive. His air ship isn't very large just the size of a carriage that can magically compact its self and all items in it, into a little cube..[/spoiler]
[spoiler=skills]
Skills/Powers: Eren is great at making things, learning, and fighting. Eren is a useful hand, and talented at using magic. He rarely misses a target and rarely anything he makes fails. He is talented at making machines and weapons. His magic is light, and nature, he can manipulate small parts of nature, and light. Such as make plants grow and make an orb of light. He great at weilding a sword and bow.[/spoiler]
[spoiler=weapons]
Items/Weapons: Eren has his clothes of course, a flying ship, a small air ship about the size of a carriage, a note book and his hand crafted weapons. His sword is a mechanical weapon that can take many shapes, it is made out of gold and a part of eren to enchant it, it rarely misses a target and it can not be tarnished, lost or dulled. His bow is also a mechanical weapon that adjust to its users, it was strung with one of Erens hairs to enchant it, it rarely misses a target and it cannot be lost or broken. His weapons are made of gold because it makes the enchantments stronger.[/spoiler]
[/spoiler]
Sorry if I didn't meet the require length, I cant tell how much I have done on my phone.
The enchantments don't work with him though, except the never breaking of dulling ones, so he can still miss its just rare.

[spoiler=app]
Name: Eren Wize
[spoiler=gender]
[spoiler=age]
[spoiler=race]
Race: Elf, Looks like a human with pointy ears, immortality, more magical, and have good agility. [/spoiler]
[spoiler=class]
Class:rouge, can use bows, swords and magic, and highly skilled.[/spoiler]
[spoiler=appearance]
Appearance: Eren is five foot ten, he has dirty blond hair. His hair is extremely curly and his skin is pale. He wieghs as much as a feather. He wears baggy white clothes and a leather vest. He has a scar across his left eye.[/spoiler]
[spoiler=personality]
Personality: Eren is a socially out going "young" man, who loves to hunt and explore, he spends most of his time finding new places and hunting down large large and terrible beast. He prefers to be around others but can also enjoy time by his self. He loves to help others and to find new things, he finds peace helping others for it gives purpose to his immortal life, he believes without purpose he would become wild like the beast he hunts. He loves to tinker and make new things.[/spoiler]
[spoiler=bio]
Bio: Eren is an elf that was born on a boat to a great land, he was raised by a poor couple who lived for only a short time of his life, however, within their life times the worked hard to earn money and send him to a kingdom of floating islands called Eilis. This kingdom was filled with tinkerers and shop keepers. There Eren was taught how to weild magic and build things. Eren made his self a flying ship and left this kingdom to explore. He learned how to shot a bow and how to weild a sword in his travels. He made his own weapons and enchanted them, however the enchants do not work in his hands but he does not be them to. Lastly Eren adventures to fell alive.[/spoiler]
[spoiler=skills]
Skills/Powers: Eren is great at making things, learning, and fighting. Eren is a useful hand, and talented and using magic. He early misses a target and rarely anything he makes fails.[/spoiler]
[spoiler=weapons]
Items/Weapons: Eren has his clothes of course, a flying ship, a note book and his hand crafted weapons. His sword is a mechanical weapon that can take many shapes, it is made out of gold and a part of eren to enchant it, it will never miss a target nor will it be tarnished, lost or dulled. His bow is also a mechanical weapon that adjust to its users, it was strung with one of Erens hairs to enchant it, it will never miss a target nor be lost or broken. [/spoiler]
[/spoiler]
Sorry if I didn't meet the require length, I cant tell how much I have done on my phone.

First, ya don't have to put stuff like name, class, etc (things that are less than a line) in a spoiler.

Second yeah sorry things are a bit on the short side. ^^; Appearance is especially short, describe things more please. Every extra detail helps. Also do you literally mean light as a feather? Cause that's quite light.

The personality also is short. Doesn't tell me a ton about him.

The bio needs just some more probably, it's not terrible length but more is needed. Also the airship. Probably best not to have that, for various reasons. Something on a smaller scale could work though.

Explain the abilities a bit more. What kind of fighting, what kind of magic, what kind of things can he make, etc.

Never missing is a no no. I mean this isn't too serious of an RP but even at that that's kinda too much. And gold sword, how'd he get such a thing? That'd cost a fortune (and honestly not be very practical).

Sorry if that's a lot, just want to help as much as I can. I've seen you about lately and I want to see what you can do. ^^

Lord cow :) love that name, I edited it I might add a picture further down the line.

Oh gosh glarfltcnajmasjc I totally forgot to check on your edits.

Appearance: Should include a few more things since there's no picture. Let's see....Hair length for one. And the ears, which way do the point? Large or small eyes? Stuff like that, little details.

Gonna be fun seeing a 10 pound person. XD

Personality: It's still kinda short looking. Trying to think of a few other things could be added, hmm...Preferences could be good. As in are they a morning person, are they the type to enjoy art and literature, food and drink, etc etc. Do they like animals and children and music and things of that nature.

Bio: Looks about right. But, the airship, I think honestly it should probably be about the size of a carriage. Enough room to sleep in and have a few things. Other than that it's good.

Other than that, just remove the "never miss" thing for the weapons. Rarely misses is fine but never is a bit much.

Getting there though. ^^

Archived