"That's some catch, that Catch-22" ~ Mecha Phantom Beasts

Βyakuya

N77JO1H.png

x1 MPB Coltwing (Good for near-permanent removal, yet @1 since it's pretty costly)

x3 MPB Hamstrat (Great supply unit for tokens, and also revives dead MBPs)

x2 MPB Harrliard (The SS-er of the deck that Specials Megaraptor and other MPBS to work off of each others effs)

x3 MPB Megaraptor (The main searcher of the deck, that also grants a bonus token for effect usage. It's decent 1900 wall makes it too good)

x2 MPB O-Lion (The best tuner for MPBs. Gives token fodder when Graveyard sent anytime, and gives you an addition NS, which speeds the Dracossack process in case of not opening with Harrliard)

x3 MPB Tetherwolf (Free token on NS, and once again, add as fodder to other MPBs. Also runs over Dark Law/Winda with ease, but sadly not the Djinn Lock)

x2 Draw Muscle (Protects necessary tokens for the next turn, and earns a +1 draw.)

x2 Enemy Controller (Token abundance is very relevant, so stealing monsters or changing positions is pretty good)

x1 Foolish Burial (Primarily only an O-Lion dump. Its not too great and has room for replacement. Though the things O-Lion gives is just too good.

x1 Limiter Removal (OTK option as MPBs can't afford to stall the game any longer. Presence of tokens backs up destruction and helps runover big bosses;it's an alright tech)

x2 Second Mask Change (Additional Boss that tributes tokens to get Kamikaze, a powerful boss that protects Tokens and earns +1 draw.)
x1 Monster Gate (Token Tribute SSes another MPB. It's heavily important there are at least 2 MPBs out to make a play)
x1 Raigeki (Obvious meta tech is now too good to not afford)

x3 Scapegoat (Might cut down to 2, but it is classic defensive material and creates MPB fodder. Probably another replacement option)

x2 Scramble Scramble (A more improved Monster Gate. Might replace it with another Scramble)

x2 Aerial Recharge (MPB Food all day)

x3 Fiendish (Gonna need that freezing power to protect MPBs at all costs)

x2 Mirror Force (Token protection primarily)

x1 Solemn Warning (.....cause why the fuck not)

x2 Wiretap (To protect against the same kind of traps I run)

I might test having x3 Scrambled Eggs and replacing the Wiretaps with x2 Veilers. But for now, this was an improvised build I stumbled upon and decided to fix. CnC?

I would run 3 Recharge at all times.  It's too valuable a resource not to open with.

Personally I run 2 Blue Impala.  It makes Jaculuslan like twice as easy as Olion.  Plus you can pull some shenanigans with things like Decisive armor using MPB in your hand.

3 Dracossacks is too much.  There are much better options, and half the time it's not the best idea to go into him.  I personally only run 1.  You can bring it back with hamstrat if you need to pop stuff that bad.

I noticed a distinct lack of level 5 synchros.  You might as well since you can just use Olion + a token.  Catastor and Armades are still pretty fantastic.

Now hear me out on this one, but you should add 1 Phantom Fortress Enterblathnir.  Why?

• More effective at popping than Dracossack 1000% of the time.  Yeah he doesn't get protection but who cares if you are popping stuff anyway.
  • Can be made with 2 Hamstrats, but that's not optimal
  • Can be made VERY easily by simply using RUM Astral Force on Dracossack.  That means you can pop with Draco, then rank it into this to not only be able to attack, but you pop another card should the need arise.  For this very reason I tech in 1 lone astral force.
  • If you run Cloudcastle and already have Jaculuslan in your grave, you can just make Cloud, SS Jac and go into it.  Another fantastic combo.

I like Iron Call.  I mean it's personal preference at that point but if you REALLY need that Chidori....

Machina fortress is a thing.  Just saying.  I like 1 if I need it now that tempest is gone RIP

Another very odd tech is Void Expansion.  It has actually been very helpful.  I can't complain.

Not sure if you are going TCG exclusive but Dora is far Superior (ha.  didn't actually plan that) to Gangaridai.  Personal Preference but, you know, whatever boats your float

Bounzer?  I mean....it's a decent enough card....sometimes you could really use it and it can be made easy enough with 2 hamstrats.

I would run 3 Recharge at all times.  It's too valuable a resource not to open with.

Personally I run 2 Blue Impala.  It makes Jaculuslan like twice as easy as Olion.  Plus you can pull some shenanigans with things like Decisive armor using MPB in your hand.

3 Dracossacks is too much.  There are much better options, and half the time it's not the best idea to go into him.  I personally only run 1.  You can bring it back with hamstrat if you need to pop stuff that bad.

I noticed a distinct lack of level 5 synchros.  You might as well since you can just use Olion + a token.  Catastor and Armades are still pretty fantastic.

Now hear me out on this one, but you should add 1 Phantom Fortress Enterblathnir.  Why?

• More effective at popping than Dracossack 1000% of the time.  Yeah he doesn't get protection but who cares if you are popping stuff anyway.
  • Can be made with 2 Hamstrats, but that's not optimal
  • Can be made VERY easily by simply using RUM Astral Force on Dracossack.  That means you can pop with Draco, then rank it into this to not only be able to attack, but you pop another card should the need arise.  For this very reason I tech in 1 lone astral force.
  • If you run Cloudcastle and already have Jaculuslan in your grave, you can just make Cloud, SS Jac and go into it.  Another fantastic combo.

I like Iron Call.  I mean it's personal preference at that point but if you REALLY need that Chidori....

Machina fortress is a thing.  Just saying.  I like 1 if I need it now that tempest is gone RIP

Another very odd tech is Void Expansion.  It has actually been very helpful.  I can't complain.

Not sure if you are going TCG exclusive but Dora is far Superior (ha.  didn't actually plan that) to Gangaridai.  Personal Preference but, you know, whatever boats your float

Bounzer?  I mean....it's a decent enough card....sometimes you could really use it and it can be made easy enough with 2 hamstrats.

I didn't update much on the Extra either, but I guess I'll go for TCG only for now. Those are some pretty nice techs; I did consider Void Expansion, though I never truly considered Impala's potential. I'll try to test those things out soon.

Archived