Naturia support - A searcher and a Xyz

Timeskipper

Let's face it, poor Naturias have never been valorized enough despite their awesome Synchro monsters (to the point where it's actually better to splash them in other decks rather than use them in a Naturia deck) and their trolly effects. So, when Sacred Tree came out I thought "It's nice, but it's really too indispensable for a card that can't be searched, and it still doesn't hold up the deck too well". So, I thought I could add some support for poor little Naturias...

That's what came out. I'm starting to regret doing that...

(art for Boletus belongs to DackVirnig)

[spoiler="Naturia Boletus"]oTBPOct.jpg

Level 3 EARTH
Plant/Tuner

Lore: If this card is sent from your Deck or hand to the Graveyard, you can add 1 "Naturia" card from your Deck or Graveyard to your hand. You can banish this card from your Graveyard: Special Summon 1 Level 4 or lower "Naturia" monster from your Deck or Graveyard. You can only use one of the effects of "Naturia Boletus" per turn, and only once that turn.

0 ATK/1800 DEF[/spoiler]

[spoiler="Naturia Katydid"]mtJ2ZpT.jpg

Rank 3 EARTH
Insect/Xyz/Effect

Lore: 2 Level 3 "Naturia" monsters
(This card is considered a Plant-type Level 3 monster when it is on the Field, but it cannot be used for Synchro or Xyz Summons)
While you control another Plant-type monster, this card cannot be targeted for attacks or card effects by your opponent. While you control another Insect-type monster, you can detach one Xyz unit from this card to Normal Summon a "Naturia" monster in addition to the Normal Summon of your turn.
ATK 1800/DEF 700[/spoiler]

I know, I know, Boletus is CLEARLY to be used with Marron and Katydid is OBVIOUSLY there to help spam Fruitflies. Still, I believe they also have some more interesting applications...

I don't know where I stand with the xyz monster, But I'm fully on board with the searcher.

Keep in mind that you have to explain why you like the searcher or have some questions with their Xyz.

---

For Boletus, it is an RoTA for Naturias (well, more of Emergency Call) that triggers if you use it to Synchro something or discard for whatever you need.

Or you can SS one of the smaller 'mons in there by banishing it.

Haven't played Naturias in a while, but I remember that drawing them was somewhat of a pain at times. This helps a bit.

As for the Xyz, it basically protects itself if you have another Plant or allows you a second NS.

Basically, you can Normal Summon a smaller Naturia; then use the added NS to bring Bamboo Shoot and lock out your opponent's backrow. (Or just get enough stuff to Synchro/Xyz).

Indeed, Naturias are capable of having those Types of monsters, but they are more/less activation specific. That being said, due to this card's first effect of being treated as a Level 3 Plant, your opponent can't hit this with Castel or any common removal lately. Keep in mind that your opponent can still hit your LP, if you have no other monsters.

Its destruction effect has other uses besides spamming Fruitfly or whatever else you need (although bringing out Bamboo this way is pointless; unless you want to recycle it so you can trigger its lock once more).

Keep in mind that you have to explain why you like the searcher or have some questions with their Xyz.

---
For Boletus, it is an RoTA for Naturias (well, more of Emergency Call) that triggers if you use it to Synchro something or discard for whatever you need.

Actually, no. It only triggers when sent from the deck or the hand to the graveyard, and I wrote it specifically to prevent that kind of bullshit. Though you can still use its second effect, so there's still some bullshit potential. Kinda iffy on that one, but I can't remove it entirely, unless I put in a clause that forbids using the second effect if it's been sent to the graveyard for a Synchro Summon or detached from a Xyz monster, but that'd be more trouble than it's worth.

Or you can SS one of the smaller 'mons in there by banishing it.

Yep, exactly. It's made to combo with Marron, so...

As for the Xyz, it basically protects itself if you have another Plant or allows you a second NS.
Basically, you can Normal Summon a smaller Naturia; then use the added NS to bring Bamboo Shoot and lock out your opponent's backrow. (Or just get enough stuff to Synchro/Xyz).

Exactly. That should help make the Bamboo Lock at least slightly viable, considering how goddamn easy it is to get around it nowadays.

Indeed, Naturias are capable of having those Types of monsters, but they are more/less activation specific.

So specific that they're unusable, sadly, as they depend on your opponent willingly letting you activate them, which of course means that they likely don't bother him.

That being said, due to this card's first effect of being treated as a Level 3 Plant, your opponent can't hit this with Castel or any common removal lately. Keep in mind that your opponent can still hit your LP, if you have no other monsters.

*slaps self*
And I even thought I wrote "Another Plant-type monster". Gonna correct that.

Its destruction effect has other uses besides spamming Fruitfly or whatever else you need (although bringing out Bamboo this way is pointless; unless you want to recycle it so you can trigger its lock once more).

The return is mostly to allow for Cherry spam in a Gusto-like manner. The summon effect is actually there to allow Sacred Tree abuse, since it activates even when tributed for its effect, allowing for an instant second Xyz or for a double Fruitfly.

Hey, I just thought a thing... should I put a clause to forbid it from returning itself? Just to avoid making this a x1 = xinfinite.

Well, made a correction for Katydid: now its effects require you to have another Plant or Insect-type monster on the field. It would be a bit stupid otherwise. It's still possible to mount a pseudo-Melodious lock with Katydid, true, but at least, unlike the actual Melodious lock, he's still vulnerable to Exciton and similar.

Archived