Uggla6 Released Set - Week 2

Uggla6

[quote]Hello all,

It might appear that I'm a newbie and that's because I rarely use this site even though I acknowledge it as a great site for Yu-Gi-Oh creativity. That being said, I'm proud to say that Yu-Gi-Oh has been a large part of my life in the last several years whether that's been investing, trading, playing both competitively and casually, and finally creating the cards I believe Konami should release someday (heck, I might continue to play). Every card I create is a card that in my head should be printed and would be a viable card in the game. Some cards are better than others and even some people may argue that some of the cards are too powerful, (although I feel that nothing I create could surpass the current meta or where it'll be in 6 months) but all of them have come from the deepest part of my creative. All of my ideas are original; however, the artwork is from some of the amazing artists that exist on the internet. The reason that I'm finally releasing all these sets I've created over the years is because I'm taking a break from the game. I couldn't bring myself to say leaving the game, because I don't think that anything will get me over my nostalgic feeling towards the game and selling certain decks that I hold dearest. However, due to the loss of enjoyment from the game, the last few and upcoming poor formats, as well as the tiredness from keeping ahead of Konami's economic scheme I'm going to be settling down. Even the original creators have moved onto a new game and company and so I thought that was telling me to do the same (the game is Cardfight Vanguard and anyone who is interested in learning or anything else, feel free to contact me and I'll do my best to help). Anyway, in lieu of this break I'm going to posting a single set/archetype that I have created over the years that I deem acceptable to go to the printing table each week until I've posted all my cards. Before posting I'm going to check for grammar errors and try my best to convert some of my older cards with problem solving text. For those of you here I hope that these cards can give enjoyment to continue on with the game, or at least be the inspiration of some of your own fantastic creations. Enjoy!
[/quote]

Last week (Or technically 9 days ago since I started midweek) I brought you one of my favorite sets, but it was kind of long. This week I'll switch things up and bring you a smaller set that I have created called the Piranhacans. It's a small 7 card set that's based on small fish monsters and they have fairly short and easy to understand effects. The deck has a fair amount of removal, special summoning, and level manipulation. These were created a while back and probably could not stand up to any current day meta, but they would be a fun Tier 3 deck. In fact mixing them with some of the future Water/Fish support could work well. In the end it has a boss Xyz that while not amazing on its own can bring the school of fish together for a fairly consistent attack.

[spoiler=Main Monsters]
[img]http://yugico.com/customcard/399500.jpg[/img]
[b]Piranhacan King[/b]
[b]"You can target a "Piranhacan" monster in your Hand; Special Summon that target. You can only use the effect of "Piranhacan King" once per turn."[/b]

The leader of these fish he actually does very little accept starts some chains of summons and is a decent base. Importantly though he is already level 4.
[img]http://yugico.com/customcard/399502.jpg[/img]
[b]Piranhacan Queen[/b]
[b]"You can target a "Piranhacan" monster in your Graveyard; Special Summon that target. You can only use the effect of "Piranhacan Queen" once per turn."[/b]

She is quite the important piece in being able to reuse cards after they have been sent to the Graveyard. She is something that you always try to keep in your hand.
[img]http://yugico.com/customcard/399504.jpg[/img]
[b]Piranhacan Knight[/b]
[b]"Once per turn: You can target 1 "Piranhacan" monster on the field; Increase that target's Level by up to 2. You can Tribute this card; Target 1 Monster Card on the field and destroy that target."[/b]

The key card to make your monsters the level they need to be. He is also nice to get rid of large beaters and pesky problems.
[img]http://yugico.com/customcard/399507.jpg[/img]
[b]Piranhacan Spy[/b]
[b]"Once per turn: You can target 1 "Piranhacan" monster on the field; Increase that target's Level by 1. You can Tribute this card; Target 1 Spell/Trap Card on the field and destroy that target."[/b]

The last Main Deck monster and it certainly has its uses in many situations or just a good way to clear backrow. It's also important to note that it's a great way to remove floodgates such as Skill Drain (It works nicely around that card).
[/spoiler]
[spoiler=Spells]
[img]http://yugico.com/customcard/399498.jpg[/img]
[b]Blood in the Water[/b]
[b]"Add 1 "Piranhacan" monster from your Deck to your Hand, then send 1 card from your Hand to the Graveyard."[/b]

A fair simple spell that just adds consistency to the deck. Typically, depending on your hand, you add Queen/King and drop Knight/Spy.
[img]http://yugico.com/customcard/399524.jpg[/img]
[b]Team Chomp[/b]
[b]"All "Piranhacan" monsters you control gain 200 ATK and DEF, until the End Phase. "Piranhacan" monsters you control can attack your opponent directly this turn. During the End Phase, destroy all "Piranhacan" monsters you control."[/b]

This is the deck's finishing card. You can activate it during your battle phase to surprise your opponent and end the game. Be careful though because failing to do so comes with a heavy price.
[/spoiler]
[spoiler=Traps]
None
[/spoiler]
[spoiler=Extra Monsters]
[img]http://yugico.com/customcard/399512.jpg[/img]
[b]Spirit of the Piranhacan[/b]
[b]"2 Level 4 WATER monsters[/b]
[b]This card gains 100 ATK for each "Piranhacan" monster in your Graveyard. As long as this card is face-up on the field; cards cannot be banished. Once per turn: You can detach 1 Xyz Material from this card; Special Summon 1 "Piranhacan" monster from your Hand, Deck, or Graveyard. If this card is sent to the Graveyard: You can target 1 other "Piranhacan" monster in your Graveyard; add that target to your Hand."[/b]

He's decent sized for a Rank 4 with the option of getting larger. He also comes with his added in Imperial Iron Wall, both protecting the deck from floodgates and creating problem match ups for certain decks (Probably could see play for this effect alone). Withing the archetype the card acts as the ring leader and can bring his any of his fish friends from nearly anywhere giving the user plenty of options. All that being said and when he's finally done you can just add a Queen back from the Graveyard to try and make him over again. Truly the card that makes this deck work.
[/spoiler]

[spoiler=Deck List]
As I did last week I'm going to post and proposed deck list of what I would run with these cards if they were ever printed.

[u]Piranhacans[/u]

Monsters (24):
3 - Piranhacan King
3 - Piranhacan Queen
3 - Piranhacan Knight
3 - Piranhacan Spy
3 - Double Fin Shark*
3 - Silent Angler*
3 - Aqua Spirit*
3 - Xyz Remora*

Spells (9):
3 - Blood in the Water
3 - Team Chomp
3 - Mystical Space Typhoon*

Traps (7):
3 - Mirror Force*
3 - Fiendish Chain*
1 - Solemn Warning*

Extra (15):
3 - Spirit of the Piranhacan
2 - Bahumat Shark*
1 - Number 17: Leviathan Dragon*
1 - Slacker Magician*
1 - Gachi Gachi Gantetsu*
1 - Number 49: Fortune Tune*
Mix of 6 other generic Rank 4s

They work nicely with the other support out for the Water and Fish types. It makes for easier ways to get Spirit of the Piranhacan out and then go into the engine from there. Not actually too bad if you spam Spirits and then use the Team Chomps you saved up to finish the game in an OTK. Anyway if you all have any other ideas please do share them.
[/spoiler]

• 2 weeks later...

Archived