Insert Fantasy Name Here [IC/PG-13/Accepting]

HdmfTor.png
OOC
[hr]
A popular stop for adventurers; the Introduction Tavern consists of three floors. The basement; which is the best place for gambling. Cards dice and various other games of chance occur down here. A little old seer watches over the games and makes sure no one cheats. the main floor is large and decently well kept. Various tables are set up through the floor; with several areas apart from the tables. The bar: where Nora the Wood Nymph and Mr. Bear, the bowtie wearing bear, act as bartender. The kitchen: which is behind the bar and no one is allowed to enter. The entertainer’s area: a raised platform where various entertainers perform for the patrons. The dance floor: simply and empty space near the entertainer’s area. Near the entrance is a a board where people post various job requests. Such boards are spread out all over town but this one is the most popular.

[hr]

“Come on come on come on come oooon!” Archie watched with excitement as the orc across the table shook his dice. This was it; one good roll of the dice and Archie would either walk out with a small fortune...or lose all the gold he had accumulated thus far. He had come to Centro City with a grand total of 10 gold pieces. His first stop was to ask around for a good place for fun and food and was directed towards Introduction Tavern. The place was perfect and, after dropping one gold for a meal, he made his way downstairs for some fun and games.

Currently he had won a total of 50 gold pieces; and was wagering it all on this last roll. The dice fell...bounced, rolled, flipped across the table....and landed on two fives. “Ahhh, ya got me.” Archie smiled at the orc; who seemed startled by the Satyr’s reaction. “Hey, wanna go another round? If I lose I’ll owe you double, what do ya s...”

A loud crash from above interrupted the outrageous offer he was about to give the orc. None of the others in the room seemed the least bit surprised. Apparently this was a common occurrence.
It was only a few hours past noon; Archie hadn’t expected anything exciting. This was a happy surprise. Now; to check it out or not...

Archie pulled out an old and tarnished gold coin from the belt pouch around his waist and flipped it. “Heads I check it out; tails I stick it out here.” the coin landed heads up; a picture of a smug bull as opposed to the chicken feather that was referred to as the “tails” side. “Well my good friends time for me to take a break.” With a smile and a wave; Archie made his way up the stairs.

And into what seemed to be the start of a brawl. “Oi mate I swear on me mum I’ll knock you silly!” The voice came out of a small, perhaps four foot tall, frogman. He was standing on top of a table and shaking his fists at a trio of very unhappy looking minotaur.
Archie made his way to the bar; where the two bartenders were looking on with very different expressions. The wood nymph girl, whom Archie remembered was named Nora, was grinning and looking on with thinly veiled excitement.
And the bear was looking, well, bear-like. It was hard, even for the satyr, to tell what bears were thinking. “So what’s going on here?” Archie asked Nora.
She paused in her gawking to look at Archie. “Oooh, well you see those three minotaur up there were getting rowdy. We were s’posed to have the famous band, Plants in Pants, here for entertainment but they never showed up. And our other entertainer, well he, er...” she gestured at the stage.

On it was a chimera. The three headed monster usually would cause panic in the crowd. But here he was just getting looks of annoyance.

“Hey did, um, how about this one. A man woke up in a hospital after a serious accident.” the middle head began.
“The doctor replied, I know you can’t – I’ve cut off your arms!” The left head interrupted suddenly.
“I wasn’t there yet!” complained the middle.
“Well who cares it was a bad joke anyway.” the head on the right said. The trio proceeded to argue and bicker.
Archie could see Nora’s point. They were terrible.

“Shouldn’t someone stop it?” Archie asked. He wasn’t too concerned but it seemed odd.
“Nah, best entertainment we get around here. And personally I can’t wait to see what those strong minotaur can do...Hey, you’re an adventurer right? Could you do me a favor? See, we really should find Plants in Pants but I can’t leave this place to Mr. Bear. If you go find them for me I could give you a reward.”

Archie considered it. On one hand a reward would be good. On the other; this looked like it was going to get exciting. He took out his trusty coin and flipped....Tails. “Sorry can’t help ya there. Lady Luck has other plans for me.”

He strolled away from the bar and moved to a better position. One where he could see the trio of minotaur but where they’d be hard pressed to see him. He pulled out his sling shot and knocked a small rock into it. The poor frogman seemed in over his head, literally, and he felt like helping him out...or at least causing a bit more excitement.

He let loose the rock. It hit a table to the right of the minotaur, bounced off several more tables until it was coming from a direction opposite of Archie, and smacked the lead minotaur right in the back of the head. He grunted in pain and spun around. “WHO DID THAT!” The minotaur shouted; before picking up the nearest smaller patron and tossing him in the general direction that Archie’s shot came from.
This is gonna be good.

[spoiler=OOC] Alright folks here we go! Your character has somehow found its way to the Introduction Tavern right at the perfect time. You can do...well whatever you feel like. Help the frogman, help the minotaur, just watch the action, talk to the chimera (Who is for now dubbed the Chimedian) whatever. If you need any information let me know. Perhaps someone wants to take Nora up on her offer; who knows where that might lead?

Please note! Important. Everyone has, regardless of the gold they actually own, 10 gold pieces on them when they enter the city. You can earn gold through quests and the like. This shouldn't be too much of an issue, just something to give reason to do jobs occasionally.[/spoiler]

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Cedar, after walking some time through the woods, arrived to Centro City. She was hungry and tired so she entered the Introduction Tavern.

The place was so chaotic, there was a chimera on the stage who had the look which was a mix of terror and embarrassment, there some minotaurs fighting, and a satyr in the corner who was laughing it off.

She came close to the bartenders, a wood nymph and a bear.

"Hey, what's happening here?!"

"Oh, the minotaurs started fighting because they wanted to see the Plants in Pants, but they didn't come, and the entertainer that is on stage now is very bad."

"I think i can entertain them, after all i'm a witch, everyone loves magic tricks!"

"Sure, anything is better than the Chimedian..."

Cedar walked on stage and she brought out her wand.

"Attention please! Today for entertainment we will have a magic show!"

The minotaurs started to calm down and seemed interested by the show.

"Let's start out with something simple! Who's thirsty? I sure am!" As she said that, she summoned with her wand a glass of water.

The minotaurs seemed very interested by the show, it didn't seem like they saw many witches before.

"Now, who wants to come as a volunteer for the next trick? You seem perfect!" She said as she indicated a minotaur.

The minotaur was climbing up the small stage, he seemed very excited.

"Wow, your horns are old and dirty, it's time to give them a bit of a change!" She said as with a touch of her wand, the minotaur's horns started growing, she knew that the horns for minotaurs were something they were very proud of, the bigger, the more important they were, and with this trick the minotaur was jumping around in happiness.

Cedar performed some other tricks, before ending the little magic show.

"That was awesome! Thanks so much! How could we thank you?" The nymph said.

"No problem, i'm quite hungry and i'm craving eggs... Can you please make me a plate of scrambled eggs?" 

A few seconds later, she was happily eating her eggs, but the Chimedian was back on stage, and the brawl between minotaurs started.

"Oh nooo!" Cedar said with a mouthful of eggs.

As far as he could tell, Mako was the only sharkperson in this tavern.  He had recently just gotten done with his latest hunt, which had earned him 10 gold pieces!  It was his first successful hunt anyway.  Why did he always have to take the bounty's where the target was wanted alive...he didn't get payed if he went...a little overboard.  That wasn't this case with his latest endeavor though!  Now he could afford a place to rest his head for a couple of nights.  He had hung around the main floor this entire time, and was waiting for the entertainment.  

A lone chimera stepped on stage, looking as scary as most of them did.  After the first couple of jokes, Mako was losing it.  These jokes were amazing!  Not to mention the brotherly banter between the three heads, it all added up into an insanely funny show.  At some point, a normal looking lady had  taken the stage, proclaiming to be a magician.  

"Hey beat it!  Bring back the beast!  I don't want know fake magic tric-" he was interrupted by her enlarging a minotaur's set of horns.  "Magic show?  Might as well enlarge some other stuff while you're at it sweetheart!  HAHAHA!"  It was all too much for Mako.  He was excited when the chimera had taken the stage back.  Mako cheered.  A chimedian's gotta start somewhere.  It wouldn't feel like he was staying at an inn without a scuffle though, as a frogperson was getting into it with the pack of minotaurs.  A rock had been shot at the leader's head, and he became enraged, throwing a bystander at Mako.  A lone satyr sat by chuckling, but it was too late for him.  Mako stood up and let the patron hit his chest with a thud.  "Hey...you got a beef with me..." he said gruffly.

The bullmen snorted, and charged at him.  Mako swept one off it's feet with his tail, as he crashed down on the floor.  The next lunged at him.  Mako just ducked, and when the minotaur was half way over him, he headbutted the guy right in his gut, sending him straight up.  Mako caught him on the descent, and threw him at the minotaur who realized his was in over his head.  They both toppled on top of the first one.  Everyone looked at Mako in terror, would he continue his rampage?  It was a good thing Mako's fighting style prevented people from bleeding, or else it could've been much worse.  

"I ain't in no frenzy, so Mr. Chimera, continue the jokes!"  The frogman had made a dash for it, too afraid to thank Mako, but Mako didn't need his thanks.  He sat back in his original seat and stood it on two legs.  It was enough excitement for him at the moment.  

Walking into the tavern with his head down in thought, Zorro missed all the magic. "How could I spend all but 10 of my gold on chocolate," looking around in terror for fear of his mother being in the vicinity. He saw a Sharkperson flip some Minotaur over his tail, and the short lived fight that came afterwards. Looking around Zorro found a spot to sit, on the bar.

"So whats with the Chimera arguing with himself?" Zorro found himself talking to a Giant Bear (well giant to him at least), and a Wood Nymph.

"It's Ms. Nora to you little pup, and this is Mr. Bear, well the Chimedian was just supposed to be back-up, but then the Plants in Pants never showed up." She turned around to talk to Mr. Bear.

'Plants in Pants, where have I heard that name before. Was that the name of those guys at the candy store?' he found himself thinking. "What if I went and found them for you, what would I get out of it?"

"How about my gratitude?" Nora turned to say.

"No..."

"Hmm so you want a reward? How about a kiss?"
"I'm not a little pup, I'm an adventurer, I'll take my payment in gold... or chocolate." He said in a quieter tone, with some saliva dripping from his mouth.

"We'll figure something out for you... little pup." She said in a more patronizing tone.

"Alright I'll go look for them." with that Zorro jumped off the bar stool, landed on the stacked up minotaurs, and made another jump to the exit of the tavern.

Making his way back towards the candy shop he just spent all his money at, Zorro grabbed one of his chocolate bars he just bought and started chewing on it.

"Ugh, why are we entering this lowbrow place again?" a small green snake complained. It was attached to what looked like a giant yellow, feathery chicken that was still smaller than a person, currently entering the tavern.

"Peep!" came the chicken's reply. As it couldn't actually speak, what it said was left up to interpretation, though the snake seemed to understand just fine.

"Well, really, I don't see why, just because the bank is gone, we have to resort to places like this." His complaints were drawing a lot of attention, making the chicken shrink down in itself. The snake took no notice, however, and continued. "In fact, I say we turn around and leave right n--" he was cut off when a minotaur crashed into his side. "Hey, watch the glasses, lout!" He shook his head. "Really, no manners at all. See the types of rapscallions that inhabit a base court like this, Cashew?"

"Peep!"

"Yes, yes, of course. I know you find it all very distressing. As I was saying--"

"Waaaah! Mummy!" a frog cried, dashing past him on its way out the door.

"Really now!" the snake cried. "Just because you fear being trampled on doesn't mean we all do. Please keep your meaningless exclamations to yourself!" Unlike most of the patrons in the place, he didn't seem at all interested nor disturbed by the fighting. Instead, he was ignoring it with all the disdain of the upper-crust. His chicken half, however, had approached one of the tables and was currently waving a bright yellow wing frantically. "You glutton! We just ate two hours ago, and spent most of our money on that huge buffet too! You are not spending the last of our small change on stuffing your greedy gullet, of all things."

[glow=orange]One's inner energy will not flow through an unfocused mind.[/glow]

Focus was the key here. This tavern was full of people and no doubt held more than one man that met the basic description of having silver hair. Three floors, a few exits, everything had to be taken into account before acting. Surveying the building was first priority here.

[glow=orange]Control of breathing will maintain calm in the face of stress.[/glow]

Yes of course. Excitement and energy were mounting, but the breathing couldn't get out of control. Everything had to be executed calmly and precisely. Scanning the rooms of the tavern showed about four men with silver hair, each would require some attention. But it was vital that approaching one did not scare away the others.

[glow=orange]Strength is in numbers. Isolation brings only weakness.[/glow]

Having allies made one stronger. It was best to isolate each foe as much as possible to weaken him from the start. Thankfully there was only one silver haired man on the bottom floor and one on the third but there were two on the second who were relatively close by to each other. They would prove most difficult.

But no matter the odds against her, Sophie Dalca was up to the task. Two quick pinnings up against walls of the two lone men on the first and third floors were quickly met with apologies from Sophie's part. As always the men were innocent of the crime Sophie presented to them and were generally having a good time before being forcefully thrown up against a wall by a strong energetic young woman. Though she only had ten gold coins on her she felt disrupting them as she had was quite shameful of her and gave each two gold coins.

Now her sights turned to the two men on the second and main floor. They didn't seem to be interacting but their close proximity to each other just had to mean something. It clearly must have been the man who had killed her father. It would make sense for him to travel with another man similar in appearance. He would be anticipating her following and attacking him after all these years. So now she had to choose carefully which one to apprehend first. If she chose poorly she would no doubt lose track of the other and perhaps her chance at understanding and revenge.

Meanwhile in the world outside of Sophie's rather focused mind a lot of fun casual things were happening around the tavern. Comedy acts, magic tricks, people looking for plants wearing pants. Several men had walked up to Sophie as she stared down the two distant silver haired men looking to flirt with her. Sophie wasn't exactly in your everyday get up and her hair was kind of ridiculously long but when you're half drunk and see a pretty face that doesn't matter as much. But it wasn't long before they gave up due to Sophie's complete inability to pay them any attention. What mattered was one of the silver haired men was getting up from his table and leaving. Now was the time to act!

"You there! Stop!" she cried as she practically flew across the room to stop the man from leaving. The usual course of events followed. Sophie grabbed hold of him and hit him once before throwing him up against a wall and questioning him. The man became quite angry and scared at this really strong but also seemingly really crazy woman doing these things and denied knowing anything about her or her father. Upon which Sophie released him and gave him two more of her gold coins for troubling him. Scanning the room again she saw she may have chosen poorly for the other silver haired man was on the far side of the room and seemed to be moving away from them. It wasn't long before the process was again repeated and a rather defeated Sophie sat down at a table with only two gold coins left to herself.

"I never get anywhere with these guys... why do so many people have to have silver hair? How many does that even make so far?..." she half mumbled to herself. But she was getting down on herself and that was something she couldn't do. For now she needed to make some more money to get by what with having given away eight coins so far today. So with that she made her way over to the job board. Scanning the requests was always interesting and she always hoped there would be something dangerous and exciting. Something that would really test the limits of her training.

Going to and fro in town was a girl and a pig. They had evil doings to do. Zofia Morbide’s journey of darkness had led her to this peaceful-enough place. So far she’d done great evil here. Such as buying all the apples from a nearby fruit vendor so nobody else could have any. Truly a villainous deed unmatched in its cruelty, Zofia mentally snickered to herself. There was supposedly a tavern here in town, where adventurers would go to find new quests and such. Sure she was a little bit on the underage side, but that wouldn’t stop a vicious and twisted necromancer like Zofia “The Corpsemaker” Morbide!

A few seconds later, a white-haired winged girl seemingly shot out of thin air, promptly colliding into Zofia, sending them both sprawling. Rubbing her nose before glaring up at the girl, the petite figure spat out, “Who the hell are you?”

“I could ask you the same thing!” Zofia retorted once she got back up on her feet. “I’m trying to plot the downfall of peace and order over here and suddenly you just pop up into my face! Falling onto these roads hurts, okay!?” Pointing at the winged girl, Zofia said, “And just so you know, my name is Zofia Morbide, and you’d better not forget it ‘cause one day I’ll be the powerful tyrant ruling the world!”

Standing up and brushing herself off proudly, the other girl tried to make herself seem taller to loom over Zofia but had to resort to standing on tiptoes. Slamming a hand to her chest, she loudly proclaimed, “I am the great Archangel Lucifer, Lord of Hell Satan! And once I have my bearings, I’m going to figure out how to take over this world again! And just for your note, child, I had existed before God had even created Time, so you’ll have to get in line if you want to become ruler of the mankind!” Her eyes blazing with a passionate spirit, the wings on her back burst outwards, flapping and shimmering brightly.

“I’m not even gonna let you get in my way!” Before Zofia could go on, she was interrupted by a deep squeal from her piggy companion and a growling in her stomach. Grabbing the sack of apples Truffle had since been dragging along, Zofia pulled out two apples. One for the pig, and one for the girl. “Even evil has to snack sometimes, got it?”

The winged girl broke into hysterics when she heard Zofia's stomach growling. "Ahaha, you don't seem to be a very good villain if you're going hu-" Midway through, her own stomach growled even louder when she saw the apples. A hungry expression started to make its way across her face and the girl reached out for the apple when she shook her head furiously to herself and yanked her hand back. Her face turning a bright red, she glared at Zofia, her eyes daring the girl to say anything about that.

“Keeheehee, you’re one to talk!” It was at that precise moment that gears started turning in Zofia’s head. Wait, if this girl’s serious about being Lucifer, I could get some crazy favors down the line if I play my cards right. Perfect! Reaching into the sack of apples and pulling out a third one, Zofia tossed it to Lucifer and said “This one’s for you. We can probably get something to drink at this tavern near here.” To indicate which tavern in particular Zofia was talking about, she started walking in its direction.

Catching the apple subconsciously, the girl looked up at the necromancer in surprise. "T-Thanks… And you can call me Luci, by the way." Her mental thoughts running almost identical to what Zofia had just been thinking, Luci followed the girl inside.

[divider1]

The music was alright and the chimera comedian up on the stage was terrible. Already Zofia liked this place. Supposedly there was a requests board for adventurers to take quests. Surely if Zofia and Luci took some for themselves, the heroes couldn’t reap the rewards! Brilliant. The kinds of quests up there were really varied. Deal with a nest of harpies? Nah, sounded too risky. Slay a dragon? No way; Zofia wasn’t about to fight a dragon! Ah, this one! Pulling a piece of paper off the board and showing it to Luci, Zofia said “There’s a reward to deal with some bandits near here that are setting up a toll booth. We should kill them so the good guys don’t get to.”

Luci’s eyes lit up brightly at that prospective quest. “No hero will be able to stop us if they don’t have any money! Good idea!” Her wings flapping excitedly, she continued. “Imagine all those heroes-to-be groveling at our feet without any good equipment! Nyahaha!”

“Let’s do it! We’ll show those heroes who rules this world!” Bringing the sheet of paper over toward the bar, Zofia immediately slammed it down onto the counter in front of the two barkeeps, and asked a very simple question. “My friend and I will take this quest! Where are the bandits?”

Things did not go the way Archie had been expecting but hey, it was interesting. The magic act was random and not really Archie's thing. However that Sharkperson's fight was fairly exciting. Archie watched with glee, leaning against a table, as the minotaur were soundly thrashed. Many interesting people came into the tavern. Archie took note of them all, ranking them by potential fun.

First and foremost was that girl chasing down the silver haired men. She seemed like a fun one. Good thing Archie didn't have silver hair. Though that could have made some interesting shenanigans...

Then there was the Sharkperson. Those types were always good to have around. But he wasn't too keen on the shark breath.

The cockatrice was...well the Chimedian was in the bar so suppose another wandering monster wasn't too much of a shock but it was curious.

The rest weren't quite as interesting so Archie didn't think much of them for now. Instead he decided to approach the violence prone girl. "Hey there beautiful." Archie flinched. Sometimes he couldn't keep his Satyr blood from acting up. "Looks like you're in need of some coin. I'd recomend the gambling parlor down below but seems you're dead set on picking up one of these quests. I could help you out if you'd like. I wouldn't ask for much. Just need enough to get back on my feet ya see. Anything catch your fancy?" Archie's eyes glanced over the board.

Generic hunting quests were mixed in with various others such as "Help needed, please get me a new bathtub ASAP" and "Woof woof woof woof". Whatever the girl decided was fine by him; he was happy just being along for the ride.

[hr]

“My friend and I will take this quest! Where are the bandits?”

"Hmm, oh that one? Huh; don't actually remember that. It's almost like someone came up with it on the spot; crazy how that happens hey? Umm, Mr. Bear can tell you more information. Sorry darlin' I'm needed over there for some non-plot important stuff. You know how it is."

With that Nora drifted off screen and Mr. Bear took her place. Adjusting his bowtie he looked down at the girl. "Raawrarrrarrrrghhharrrr" He said, making several paw-gestures animatedly and seemingly expecting them to get it.

Zorro was making his way back to the candy shop, where he believed he saw the infamously late famous Plants in Pants. Not really paying much attention to where he was walking he stumbled on some mans foot, falling face down and dropping his third chocolate bar. Turning around to blame the man, he saw a tall green man, who was covered in spines, like that of a cactus, remembering who he was looking for, Zorro mad his way to his feet. 'This must be who I was looking for.' Zorro thought to himself. Strangely enough the Cactus man had no facial features of any kind, just the shape of a head. 'hmm must be the drummer.'

A slightly shorter plant came around to see what has happened. He had a rose for a head, again he had no facial features of any kind. Following close behind him was the third member of the band, his head was, what looked like, a weed, and once again no facial features. 'how can these guys be a band, with no singer?'

"Hey little pup, sorry for that." the Cactus man said, lifting Zorro up off of the ground. 'Alright how is he talking?'

"You wouldn't happen to know where the Tavern is would you?" Just then a Grizzled Bear, not Mr. Bear from the bar, came rushing into the picture, all he wore was a overly baggy black hoody.

"How would a little pup like him know where the Tavern is, come on jump into the stretch carriage, Your driver gave me the keys to drive you." without a second thought the three Plants who were wearing pants only jumped into their stretch carriage.

"See you around little pup."

The stretch carriage, took off like a rocket, in the wrong direction. "I'm not a pup! How many times do I have to say it?," Zorro noticed the direction the stretch carriage was headed in, "Didn't he say he knew where he was going?" Looking around Zorro found a fourth plant, with a nice tux on and a tulip like flower for his head, no facial feature to be found. "Don't tell me that bear kidnapped the group!" Zorro found the carriage tracks and chased after them.

Eventually catching up. Zorro jumped onto the top of the stretch carriage. Grabbing his brush from his back, sticking his tongue out, Zorro drew a simple circle in the top of the carriage. "Āto Magic" the circle started to glow a bright light. "Hole!" As if on command, the space inside the circle disappeared, he grabbed onto it and held on.

A figure walked carefully out of the tavern, clutching a small tankard of hot strong brew.  It wobbled and nearly fell as it slowly made its way out towards the nearby corner where a large, dark centaur clad in steel was sweating as he concentrated.  He was gesticulating oddly as the figure nearly fell again on the uneven stones on the road.

It had taken him some weeks of trekking across the eastern plains and through some small forests before Rogan had managed to make it to Centro.  When he’d finally made it, he was pointed towards the tavern for “The best spiced drinks in the city”.  Of course, he didn’t realize that the building was so small…

The automaton had almost reached Rogan who was starting to hold out his hand for the nice warm drink, when a frogman bumped into him as it scurried away from the tavern doors.  Rogan watched in horror as the drink spilled out of the puppet’s hands and fell into the street, most of it spilling down into an ill-placed gutter.

Stretching out a long arm, Rogan nabbed the frogman mid-hop.  Lifting the tiny green thing until he was face-to-face with Rogan.

“Greetings little frogman.” He said, his baritone voice causing the frogman to flinch.  “It seems as though you bumped into my good friend here and spilled my drink.”  He gestured at the automaton and the wooden tankard that had finally stopped rolling amongst the stones.

“We have been travelling for a good while now and I came here for a drink.  Unfortunately, we now appear to be low on funds and that drink of mine ate a chunk more of the remaining cash.  I wouldn’t want to be a bother but—“

“Oi, let meh go ya bloody freak!” the frogman screeched.

Rogan’s grip tightened on the little frogman as he brought him closer to his face.  Shaking his hair out of his eyes, he glared at the amphibian menacingly.  “Surely, you did not mean that?” he said quietly, letting the venom creep into his voice as well.

The frogman stopped struggling and looked at Rogan.  He must have realized he’d crossed some invisible line as his mouth started opening and closing.  “I’m sorry, mate!  Ya don’t gotta!  ‘ere, lemme get ya a drink, tha’s…”  Suddenly, a gleam came into its eyes, “’ere, you’re an explora’ eh?  Can ya help me with a problem in the bah?  Ya do that, an’ I’ll get ya whatevah ya want!”

The fire left Rogan’s eyes as he sighed.  He put the frogman down.  “Fine.  I’ll help.  But if it’s too crowded in there, you gotta deal with it on your own.”  Rogan raised his hands and the automaton sprung to life.  It grabbed the deposited frogman and stepped onto Rogan’s chariot, holding tight on to the chariot’s edge.

“Hang on!” Rogan called as he swung his body around and barreled towards the tavern’s doors.

Cedar just finished eating her food, and went gazing through the quest thingimajig, to see how she could get some gold. In the tavern stuff was still going down, so she accepted a quest and got out of there as fast as possible.

"Okay, so now i have to.... Oh, hi lil' bird friend, how you doing? No, wait i need to concentrate! Aroma Forest, pick at least 20 aromatic plants! I might as well get ingredients for potions while i'm there..."

She walked for a while and encountered a bizarre girl with her little adorkable zombie pig. "Hey, where are you and your cute friend going? Need some help? I'm Cedar Lilac the witch, it's a pleasure to meet you. Now i'm heading to the Aroma Forest, if it's near where you're headed we can travel together, no?" Cedar said smiling to the girl.

Eren had been traveling through the air for maybe a week and was getting sick and tried of it, he had a lot of books in a cramp room yet he had read them mayber two hundred time and he had known them by heart after the first thirty times he had read them."Maybe I should get some new books" he thought to his self. He looked out the window and realized he was over a town. Quickly he rushed to land his airship, it landed a few hundred feet away from a tavern. "It would be nice to rest in a real bed and eat a real meal he said to his self," Eren picked up a wooden box that was near his bed. Fifteen golden coins, he grabbed five. "That should cover a bed, a meal and some books. Maybe I should grab my tinkering supplies, I might be able to sell some thing." He picked up a bag with tools and metal in them. Eren then picked up a knife and a sheath. They quickly grew to a sword and bow. Eren inspected them, perhaps his greatest contraptions, he would need these he thought and made them turn back into a knife and sheath which he put in his pocket.

Eren got out of his airship which compacted its self into a cube, which this time looked like a die. Eren ran into the tavern as a pig, and strange people following it ran out. Glad he didn't have to deal with them he went and found the bear in charge. " I would like a room and meal." He polity told the bear. "Roooooaaaaar, grrrrugg." The bear responded to him. "No I will give you three gold coins, and sorry Mr. Bear" Eren replied quit rudely to the bear, some bears are just so rude."rooooooaaaar. Raaaaaaa" the bear said in response. "I will only give you three and your bowtie looks fine, now do we have a deal." The bear held out his hands and Eren gave him the three gold coins. After receiving the key Eren left the tavern.

"Now where is a good book store" Eren thought out loud to his self.

“Fiiiish, fresh fiiiish! Yummy yummy for your tummy tummy fiiiish!” The shrill voice called out from under a dusty black cloak. Nothing could be seen underneath the garb, besides a long and crooked nose that poked out from the wrappings around their head.
Nobody paid the strange person any heed as they continued down the road and offered his fish for sale. Stopping in front of a traveler, one who was obviously an elf and an adventurer, he called out directly to the man. “Fiiiish? You want fiiish? Tasty tasty fisssh? Books? No books, fishhh, fresh fishhh, fresh book fish!” The man excitedly dug around in his own cloak and pulled out a very not fresh, dried out fish. Its middle was, indeed, shaped just like a book. He held the thing out to the elf “Fiisssh? Buy my fiiiisssh?”

[hr]

Five, maybe more, (I suppose it depends on who tells the story) bandits were hanging out on the old stone bridge. They were playing Old Maid and having a grand old time.
Watching the five were their leader. A large and gruff looking pot-bellied pig, who was wearing a cape and helmet and looking on with pride as his band.
They had kept this bridge as their own for a whole day without any trouble. A new record!
“Hey guys I was wonderin. Wouldn’t now be about the time some heroes came to take us out?”
“Grunk ya dingbat didn’t you learn last time not to say such plot-advancing stuff like that?”
“Sorry bro but it is kinda weird we’ve been introduced so early on and we haven’t been fought yet. I mean we ARE low leveled begginer quest bandits after all.”
“Oh stop yer complaining ya spoilsport.”
“Hey I’m not!” The complaint from the spoisport “Even you Mr. Narrator?” As I was saying, the complaint was cut off as their boss pig let out a loud “Squeeee!”
“S-s-sorry boss, won’t happen again.”
“Sorry....”
And with that they continued their game of Old Maid.

[hr]

This stupid bloke was exactly what the frogman, Kermit Hopper, needed. First he’d get him to take care of those stupid thugs and then he could help him with those loan sharks....
He led the centaur mutant into the bar and pointed out the minotaur. “Them’s the wankers what been messing with me. They’re right arseholes. I heard they plan on killing some poor defensless townsfolk I did; it’d be great if you could stop them mate.” He paused a brief moment. And in a flash of realization the writer thought of a nice way to get some interactions done. “That shark over there too. He fought with em but he’s just as bad. All them sharks want is to bully folk like me.” He gave the centaur his best sad-face and in the back of his head grinned at his cleverness.

[hr]

“Oi Yogi careful with them. Da boss wants the plants unhurt.” The second of three brutes that made up the kidnaping party said to the large bear who had just finished tying up the Plants in Pants.
“Ye ye ye I know. It ain’t easy tying knots with these damn paws. Why’s Grimsely want these guys anyway? He don’t listen to this crap do he?”
“I dun know why he wants them he just do. We don't argue with the big bad we just follow his orders. And don’t mock other’s musical preferences. Just cuz we’re da bad guys don’t mean we can’t be open about deeze tings. Ain’t dat right?”
He looked over to the third kidnaper, who just grunted.
“Keep it down back there you three idiots, can’t you tell there’s going to be some kind of action scene coming up?” The driver spoke up suddenly.
“What? Where?” Yogi and the rest sprung to their feet and began looking around wildly, totally unaware of the unwanted passenger on the roof.

[hr]

Billy the kid (no not that one; literally a kid named billy. Sheesh do I have to explain everything?) was creeping under table after table in the Introduction Tavern. They were trying to find the perfect target for a while now...and they think they found it.
A chicken. At least that’s what it seemed like. A big and snake-tailed chicken. While Billy had no idea what it was; they knew that it had money and seemed too distracted arguing with itself to notice the kid.
And so they snuck in close the the bird, careful to avoid the sight of the snake tail, and found where it kept its money. Billy snatched a few gold coins before taking off like a bat out of hell. They tripped and fell flat on their face soon after.
Pausing for just a moment to glance over at the chicken, as an automatic reaction, Billy swiftly got back up and ran out of the tavern and into the streets.

[spoiler=OOC]
Okay folks here’s some stuff for you to do.

Yes the fish monger is talking to Eren, Kuriboh, so PM me with how you plan on reacting and I can let you know the details of what will happen so you can work with that.

The bandits are the bandits that UE, Re-Class, and possibly Cosmo (work this out amongst yourselves), are gonna be heading towards. There’s at least five of them not including the war pig leader. I left descriptions vague on purpose.

Yo, Tinkerer, Kermit is trying to get your character to fight off the “evil” minotaur and the shark man (Hydreigon’s character). You can do it or not; it’s up to you what you want to do with this. Just know the minotaur are volatile and to not have Hydreigon’s shark do something in your post without asking Hydreigon about it.

Gustavph, there are three “brutes” in the carriage along with the Plants in Pants. They’re not very observant. You can decide what race they all are (besides Yogi the bear from your previous post). Also the driver is a slime-person who can take the shape of any person (but they still are semi-squishy and don’t get any powers from it). The only ability they have is getting the brutes to focus and shooting globs of sticky slime.

Sethera, you got robbed, but it’s okay to have noticed/found out about it quickly. Track down the kid if you want. Let me know what you plan so I can give more info.

Andx, my last post was interacting with yours. Let me know if there’s a specific kind of quest you want and I can give you some details.

Hydreigon, sorry you’ll have to wait for what Tinkerer does to really have much to work with. Though you can still make a post if you have a plan.
[/spoiler]

Percy hadn't noticed a thing, too busy being distracted by the stupidity of his other half to even pay attention to his surroundings.

Cashew, on the other hand, er--wing, that is, had been very intent on his surroundings. Very much so. Mainly because he was looking for anything to distract him from Percy's incessant lecturing. Did that snake ever stop? So he had noticed Billy the kid right away, but had not bothered to do anything about it. What was a few coins lost? The poor thing probably needed it more than he did anyway.

He realized that letting the boy get away was a bad idea when Percy started screeching in his ear about money, banks, and food bills. "We can't afford the luxury of giving our gold away like we used to!" Cashew carefully didn't comment on the fact that Percy had never let him give away a single coin in the first place. Not that he could, comment that is (besides the occasional peep or chirp). Still, he supposed the snake had a point, therefore he had to go after the poor boy. Food cost money, after all, and with only ten gold--six now, it wasn't likely that they'd last long before having to resort to begging on the streets--or worse, starting their ridiculous circus animal act again.

He much preferred just being a wandering chickensnake.

"Peep!" he cried, meaning "Let's go," in chickenese. A language not very many understood, and fewer spoke, except for chickens, of which he was one--of a sort. The bird hopped off the chair and waddled out of the tavern, clutching his Bag of Holding as he did so. It was mightily convenient for any adventurer to have, and had cost most of his remaining coin after the bank that held most of his money had collapsed on itself. That would have been a far bigger target for any would-be thief, but perhaps the boy hadn't recognized it? He hadn't seemed that bright.

Casper looked around after he exited, attempting to spot any sign of the boy.

Riding on top of the carriage, Zorro held onto his hole that he made on top of it. Peering  into his hole, he spotted the three plants all tied together. The Grizzly was looking around frantically, looking for any sign of trouble inside the amazingly large carriage. "Must have some sort of enlarging spell on it." Zorro mumbled to himself. Just then the carriage swerved onto a side road, almost knocking poor Zorro off of its roof, with his feet hanging over the passenger side window. Now dangling in clear view of the Grizzly, they both stared dumbfounded for a second before the grizzly jumped towards the window, smashing it in the progress, and grabbing Zorro's feet. He dragged him in and tossed the little Kitsune across the carriage.

Hitting the other door, Zorro made no mistake to quickly get back to his feet, with brush in hand. "So the little pup thinks he can make a fool out of me does he?"

"Yogi! What was that noise?" Zorro heard someone speak from the front of the carriage. He turned his head to see the Tulip head from before, and a third person out of the corner of his eye.

"Hey weren't you unconscious?" Zorro accused pointing his brush towards the front cabinet.

"Dis da brat you talkin' bout Yogi?" the third person said, finally getting a decent look at him Zorro found him to be a mouse, about 3' tall, a scar running diagonally across his face from just above his right eye to just below his left cheek.

"Yeah that's him."

"I'll get him than, you just watch da plants." Yogi gave a grunt of acknowledgement, with that the mouse took off throwing a strong right hook towards Zorro. Swinging his brush around to block, Zorro splattered the side of the Carriage in paint. The right hook landed on the stem of the brush pushing Zorro into the driver side door, breaking it off of its hinges. 

Zorro jumped from his position next to the door and rushed the mouse. Swinging the bristle side of his brush into the mouse's eyes leaving paint smeared on his face. "Āto Magic, Blindfold." The paint materialized itself and wrapped itself around the mouse's head leaving no room to see. Twisting the brush around He smacked the mouse in the back of the head with the other end of his brush. Sending him flying into Yogi.

Yogi smacked him out of the way, into the other door. "Now you're tossing things at me Pup!?"

"It was him." Zorro said flat out, pointing at the mouse that now laid close to the front cabinet.

"Gonzales! Why'd you throw yourself at me?"

A bright green slime ball came flying into the back smacking itself against Yogi's chest. "Pay attention Idiot, it was obviously the Kitsune. Now get things under control back there Before we get back to the Big Bad!" The man up front commanded.

"Ye ye ye, I hear you Slim." Yogi charged Zorro with a new vigor, ducking his head into a full on bull charge. Zorro jumped landing onto Yogi's back and jumping again to the passenger door. Yogi continued charging until his head smashed through the carriage wall.

"You done, pissed me off kid!" Gonzales shouted blindfold in hand. He rushed Zorro at the same speed as before throwing punch after punch. Zorro was barely able to keep up dodging for the most part. One hit got through and pushed Zorro back into the seats, right next to the Plants. "Hi guys, how are you doing?"

"Mmmph, mmph"

"Well thats good, my day is going pretty bad so far."

"You ignoring me Kid?"

Zorro held up a finger silencing him. "I'm having a conversation right now, please try again later."

A tick mark made itself known on the mouse's head. "YEAH, WELL THAN IGNORE THIS!" The mouse rushed forward. "LIGHTNING STRAIGHT!" Throwing the punch forward, electricity sparked off of his fist.

Zorro jumped over the mouse, using his tails to smack the mouse in the back of his head. The carriage took another sharp turn. Forcing Yogi's head out of its stuck position.

"Where almost there, Get that damn Kitsune out of their, before we get to the Big Bad!" Tulip head growled out.

A third man that was covered from head to toe, in a black robe set his tea cup down and stood up. "Move, you idiots, I'll do this."

'Minotaurs preying on the weak and defenseless, huh?  Sounded about right', Rogan thought before charging.  The Minotaurs still dazed from their previous beating, didn’t even know what was happening as Rogan flew at them, brandishing his spear.  By the time they finally reacted, Rogan was upon them.

Rogan flipped their table into their faces as he barreled past.  Skidding around, he realized he was near the corner of the stage with nowhere to go.  His advantage of speed would be of no use here.  He’d have to outwit them by drawing the Minotaurs in and beating them from close range.  Raising the hand not gripping the spear, he concentrated.  Automaton, still gripping the side of the chariot tightly, sprang into motion, seizing the other long, needlelike spear and holding it in a firm grip.

By then, the minotaurs had recovered from the surprise attack and had disentangled themselves from each other and the crushed wooden furniture fragments.  Snorting in displeasure, two of them charged while the third roared and slid his hoofed foot along the ground, producing an unpleasant scraping noise.

Rogan was ready.  Quick as a flash, he swung his spear at the Minotaur on the right, hitting him so that he ran into the one on the left.  They crashed into the stage where a chimera was still arguing with himself.  By this time, the third Minotaur had charged.  Automaton swung its spear at its right side but the Minotaur nabbed it in midair.  Giving a grunt of effort, the Minotaur flung Automaton out of the chariot where he landed with a heavy thud on the other Minotaurs.  Rogan dropped his spear and charged, quickly grabbing hold of the spear that the Minotaur held solidly in both its meaty hands.  They struggled for the possession of the long metal toothpick, each nearly wrenching it out of the others’ hands.

Finally, Rogan dug his middle foot into the ground.  Lifting both his outer feet, he brought them down hard on the Minotaur’s kneecaps.  Hearing a satisfying crunch, the Minotaur howled and went down like his fellows, immediately releasing his grip on the spear.

Breathing heavily, Rogan turned to the sharkman that the frog had also pointed out.  Putting his spear away, Rogan raised his hands.  Automaton rose from the two stunned Minotaurs, collected Rogan’s dropped spear and returned to his place on the chariot.

Mako had been enjoying his stay at the tavern so far, he even got to blow off some steam on some minotaurs.  While he was being entertained by the chimedian, a bunch of characters had entered and exited the place.  Mako had to observe his surroundings, too see if any mischief were to arise so he may quell it.  It didn't help that he had his shark senses, where he could feel the electromagnetic pulses through the air, hearts beating, any vibration gained his attention.  He was used to it by now.  

A girl yelling about some silver haired man, no trouble.  A chicken with a snake attached to it....tasty looking, but no trouble.  That small dainty magician girl, no trouble.  A goat man in the back...what were they called again?  Martyr's?  Gruffguys?  Oh wait of course....Satyrs.  Mako wasn't too keen on all the races that lived in this world.  All he knew was that he was a sharkperson, and everything that didn't look like him wasn't.  

It wasn't long before a Half man half...horse, charged through the doors.  Aw man now what were those guys called?  Centurions....Minotaurs...nah he beat up all of those...ahhh right Centaurs!  Even though Mako had put the beasts through the runner, and they had quieted down for the most part, the centaur wasn't holding back.  That frog guy from earlier must've tipped him off...he'd give that frog a piece of his mind later.  The centaur wasn't playing as nice as Mako had either...with spears in tow, and a weird looking puppet in a quaint little chariot, the centaur destroyed the worn out bullmen, snapping on of their kneecaps.  Mako sighed.  "Those poor devils...they couldn't catch a break the entire time they were here.  Serves 'em right for causing trouble.  Though they shouldn't have been served this much."

The centaur then gave Mako the stink eye.  "What...did that frog go spouting some bullfrogcrap?  I should teach that guy a lesson in manners...I save him and this is the thanks i get?  Typical of amphibians...wait...I'm technically amphibious....Nevermind that!"  This is the time where Mako saw something off.  Horses usually had four legs right, so whats up with this guys lower half having 3?  And why was one of them in the middle?  The hind legs seemed to be replaced by that weird chariot.  Maybe it was because he hadn't seen many centaur in his time, but he was sure it wasn't natural.  He shrugged.  "Well...whaddya want bucko?"

[glow=orange]Every person you meet is the beginning of another bond that can grant you great strength.[/glow]

Yes her master's words rang true. Completely missing that the satyr that had walked up to her appeared to be hitting on her initially, Sophie appreciated that he would speak to her. He was even going so far as to suggest filling one of the requests with her. She had been searching alone for so long now she'd almost forgotten the importance of having others around you to help you reach your goals.

"That would be wonderful, thank you sir. Now to see what's being asked for..." she said pouring over the lists of requests again. Nothing seemed like it would particularly challenge her physical training and one even seemed to be written as though someone had dictated for a dog. This particular request caught her attention if for no other reason than it seemed silly to be there in the first place. Deciding to do all the others who would look to fill the jobs listed a service she took the request with the woofs on it from the board.

"I'll be just a moment." she said to the satyr standing by her. She proceeded to look for various employees of the tavern and questioned them concerning the request and whether it were a joke or not. Eventually she was directed to the man in charge of the request board who confirmed that it was a legitimate request. She returned to the board still not sure what to make of this and considered what other job to do.

[glow=orange]Once committed, always follow through to the end.[/glow]

This was no time to give up though. She had done so much work to make sure this was real, so however odd it seemed there must have been a dog out there that needed something done. Or at the least someone was being whimsical with their titles. But Sophie had embarked on this path and was determined to see it through now. Practically dragging her new acquaintance by the arm she swiftly headed out the door with a shout of "Let's go!".

Eren had been asking around everywhere for good books. Finally he came up to a man, who was trying to sell him fish. They went back and forth for a while, and finally Eren lost his patience. "Look, I do not want fish or book fish?" The man was tenacious, "fish yummy fish, storytelling fish, fish from story, fish that look like story fish."
"No, no, no, I do not want fish. If you would be so kind, would you kindly point me towards books. I would give you something for your time."
"No you buy fish and I sell you fish!"
"Thank you for your time but must take my leave and find some one who is willing to help me." Eren said this with his fist clinched tight, there was some wrong in this mans head. "No you buy fish first or I kill you!. The man began to grow and his skin changed color. It was a light blue. His skin was now covered in scales and he had a fishy look to him. On his neck he had gills. In his hand he weilded a giant fish club.
Eren withdrew his sword and grew to its full length and he with drew his bow. He went to ready an arrow, " how silly I forgot arrows." Eren said to his self his trusted sword would have to do. He dodge the giant fish club as it came down at him and swung his sword at the fish man. It barely attached, this fish had deep skin. "You know I think I am starting to want fish for diner." Eren joked at the fish man. He dodged another swing of the club and swung his sword at the fish, still no blood. When the club went to strick him again he used it as a free ride up to the fish mans head.
Eren went to jab his sword into the fish man's eye. However the fish man brushed him off and eren has to grab his hand so he would fall to the ground. Eren stabbed at the fish man's hand and finally he glad went in the monsters hand. However, this had a bad effect the fish monster flung him into the air. Eren landed on a buildings roof and the monster came forward towards Eren.

Billy hadn’t expected the chicken to follow him. He couldn’t help but be annoyed. He had thought the stupid look the chicken was given was proof that the thing wasn’t bright. But obviously, if he had seen Billy, it was a super genius. That was the only thing Billy could think of.
No matter. He just had to outrun him. Even if that meant knocking over stall after stall, person after person. Billy left a path of destruction and angry citizens on his way towards the back alleys. Was it out of panic, or out of the narrators desperate attempt to provide a path that one could follow? Probably the latter but that’s not important right now.

What was important was that Billy had reached the back alley in record time. He jumped onto the garbage bin, knocking it off in the process, and up to through the window of an abandoned building.
Well, mostly abandoned. This room was Billy’s sanctuary. He had it blocked off from the rest of the building. To be honest he had no idea what lay beyond the boarded up door at the far end.It was mostly empty. A bundle of blankets in the middle served as his bed. And there were random trinkets he had “obtained” from people laying about.

The most striking feature of the room was the giant mirror that took up half of a wall. And the creature that sat before it. A slime. Not a slime-kin. An honest to goodness monster slime. Though a bit different looking than many. It had a big smile and dopey looking eyes that glimmered with excitment as it noticed Billy. It surged forward towards the boy, who embraced it warmly. “Hey there Gloop. Sorry didn’t get any food. But I got some gold so I’ll be able to bring you some soon. You won’t have to go outside and get attacked by those savage people again don’t worry.”
The boy climbed on top of the slime and grinned; launching into an exaggerated story of how he swiped the gold from a vicious monster.

[hr]

Archie waited with bated breath for what seemed like years for the woman to make her decision. Luckily she decided to go ahead and take him up on the offer. Of course, had she said no, Archie would’ve found some other excitement. But he was glad, this human was interesting. And Archie liked interesting things.
She chose the strange dog-related quest. An interesting choice. Archie had never done a job for a dog before so this would be a fun, new, experience. He didn't mind too much when the girl dragged him out. Was quite the fast way of getting out of there. He had to be careful not to stumble and fall but he managed in the end.

It wasn’t until they left the tavern that he forced the girl to slow down. “I don’t mean to be rude but do you have any idea where we’re supposed to go?” He realized they hadn’t even exchanged names. Archie decided it would be more interesting to see how long they went without the knowledge.

“Excuse me but I think I can help you with that” Archie turned towards the voice. Well this was delightful.
Standing in the doorway was a large, red, [url=http://i.imgur.com/9ogR1dU.jpg]dog[/url]. They had a saddle on their back and they were looking at the two with a mixture of doggie excitement and worry. Her tail wagged as Archie smiled and spoke “Well hello there. Are you the one who put up the quest.”

“Yes, that was me. I’m sorry to say my writing is not as good as my speaking. So I decided to stay in the Tavern waiting for when someone took my quest. You see....my pup, Pongo, has gone missing...er, again. And I need someone to find him. I can’t give much but I would really appreciate it....” The dog then gave the pair of them the most devastating puppy dog eyes that man has ever seen.
Archie flipped a coin in order to decide, but snatched it from the air before it completed its path. “Whoops, guess I should ask you eh? What do you think? Shall we help the poor dog out?”

[spoiler=OOC]
Sethera: Well I made it obvious I think what’s next but Billy has escaped through the city and taken refuge in an abandoned building. With a slime, wonder what’s up with that. Hmmm.

Andx: Alright so you are tasked with finding a rambunctious puppy. Good for you! Let me know how you’re thinking of finding him. He is in a specific location somewhere in the city. No map but basically it's a game of guess the location. There’s a few paths you can take and I can give you more information if/when needed. Don't worry I'm not gonna make you just guess at total random.

[/spoiler]

Casper didn't have to look very far to find the boy. He just had to follow the trail of swears and smashed stalls. "Really, the brat makes it too easy," Percy deadpanned. "Let's follow, but be quick about it." Cashew peeped an annoyed peep. He might not be able to talk, and he might not be the brightest bulb on the tree, but he knew when to be urgent and when not to be. For a non-talking chicken, he was quite intelligent, thank you very much.

Waddling past the angry stall owners, the chickensnake bumped into a stall that, miraculously, wasn't knocked over. Its shopkeeper, a fishman of sorts, looked to be threatening an elf who lay splayed out on a building. Casper stopped...on the one wing, gold... On the other wing, fish... Fish was food. He was hungry. There really wasn't much more to it than that.

"Peep!" he cried, and charged at the fishman. Sure, he could just turn the guy to stone. But this person wasn't an evil circus owner like the others were. So instead, he just pecked the man. On the head. A peck hurt enough, but on the head was even worse. Then again, he had scales, so maybe not.

"Really now, what is this? I thought we were looking for that urchin," Percy whined. "I don't want to have to save your feathery derrière--though I guess I'm the derrière--every time you opt to go on a heroic crusade. Do be considerate of my feelings, will you?" At the end of his rant, he bared his fangs and hissed menacingly at the fishman. "And you! It's your fault that my less intelligent half isn't currently hunting down a thief. What do you have to say for yourself?"

"Peep!" Cashew chimed in, putting his wings on his chicken hips in clear disapproval.

Luci watched the bear with an incredibly annoyed look as it proceeded to growl and paw out completely incomprehensibly. Looking at Zofia, it seemed she had the same problem, but amusingly enough, the pig that was with her seemed to understand, given how it was oinking and snorting along. At that moment, the pig decided to start walking out by himself, causing Zofia to start running after it, but not before grabbing Luci's hand.

The two of them ran on for a bit, before something popped in Luci's head. Tilting her head, the white-haired girl seemed to suddenly think of an idea.

“We can fly there!”

Grabbing Zofia's arm with her left hand, Luci's wings pushed outwards, expanding to massive proportions, glowing a pure white. Flapping her wings with powerful strokes causing the dirt beneath them to swirl around in clouds, the two of them burst into the air. Looking down, Zofia was dangling in the air, almost a hundred feet off the ground.

“Oops, too high! Hold on tight!”

Without waiting for her friend's response, Luci tucked her wings in before speeding towards the ground at a breakneck speed, before yanking the two of them upwards at the last moment to stay at a more manageable height of around ten feet or so to get a better view of what's up ahead. Giggling briefly, the winged girl flashed an abashed look at Zofia. “Sorry~ Ehehe...~” Looking forward again, Luci's gaze locked onto the pig, who was shambling forward at an ever-so constant speedy pace. “No time to waste, no time, yessiree! Time to find those bandits! AND THEN SEND THEM TO HELL! Humming along pleasantly, the words she just said made quite a jarring contrast to the cheery expression on her face.

Brack wandered into Centro City, and as dwarves are wont to do, he was in need of a drink. He rotated his shoulders and rubbed on the back of his neck; last night's cave was lacking in comfort, so he had a crick in his neck. And this was coming from someone who was used to living on rocks.

"Slag! Wha' be I, some kinna old codger? I'm still a spry lad, barely over a century!" He reached into one of his many cavernous pockets and pulled out a cigar, biting off the end. Spitting it to the ground, he lit the cigar with a flick of his thumb on his flint-inlaid gloves, letting loose a large puff of smoke before entering a nearby tavern.

A few of the patrons near the entrance ceased their chatter for a moment as Brack entered, a common occurrence when met with his appearance. Dwarves weren't a common sight outside of their stone solitude, especially one such as Brack. His look and smell were akin to that of a smeltery, and at his waist hanged a heavy metal hammer. However, his most striking feature was the contraption on his back; a large barrel that spouted small flames, and attached to it, a fearsome cannon, much too large for a normal man to simply walk around with strapped to his back.

Brack's timing was perfect, at least to him. As he entered, a fight was being waged between a strange looking centaur and some minotaurs, though in reality it could hardly be called a fight. The centaur then turned towards a large sharkman with the strangest fashion sense. "Hoho, this might be jus' what tha doctor ordered! A good workout ta loosen up me joints!" Brack pulled his goggles down over his eyes as he approached the two, a wide grin across his face. He meant no ill will, just a friendly tussle before the drinking began, as is custom amongst dwarves while in taverns. But that was something not often understood by others, especially after being given a few burns and bruises.

After what seemed like weeks the robed man stood. The fox boy that had crash landed inside their cabin was proving to be quite the pain. As the robed man stood all the others fell silent and hurried out of the way.
They had to get rid of this annoyance fast. He had only come on this mission because it was for a certain person. Usually this kind of thing would be left to the regular henchmen.
Now there was a clear line of sight between the fox and the robed man. He raised his hands and started to mumble some generic magical mumbo jumbo. And then some more, in whatever passes for English in this story. Seriously the host sucks at world building.
“Vile creature, your movements annoy me. Chain Magic: Capture!” Out of the sleeves of the man’s robes came several thin chains, all brimming with magic, that launched forward and wrapped themselves around the fox. They slowly began to squeeze him tighter and tighter.
“You shall not ruin this, the gift must be delivered, her smile is more important than your life. Or the life of any one here.”

[hr]

Bobby didn’t get it. This was how you sold fish right? It was all in the salesperson handbook. He had to force people to buy his wares. That was how you made it big. And if they didn’t, crush them. It was simple. But why was this elf being this annoying about it? He should just let Bobby crush him. Maybe he should have gotten the version with capital letters in the title.
The elf had stung him, that wasn’t very nice. And now he could fly, Bobby wished he could fly. He saw a flying fish once, they seemed happy.
Speaking of flying, he thought as he jumped onto the roof next to the elf, there was a chicken thing.

"And you! It's your fault that my less intelligent half isn't currently hunting down a thief. What do you have to say for yourself?"
“Want a fisssssssh?” He raised his hand and suddenly a swarm of puffer-fish shot forth at the chicken thing, all puffed out and pointy. He turned back to the elf and grinned, raising his fish-club for another attack.

[spoiler=OOC]

Short posssst, powersssssss!

Okay gustavph. I wasn’t sure fully how far to take this so I decided to more or less give you a jumping point to continuing the fight. The robed guy uses magical chains, simple as that. They are still in the city cause it’s huge but are trying to leave the city. You must beat them before they get out of the city.
Don’t worry about who “her” is, all will be made clear eventually. Also yes he’s a higher “level” than the other thugs.

Kuriboh, Sethera. Fish dude is continuing his attack. And yes now he can summon fish to attack with, have at it. Oh and I don't know why I called him Bobby or whatever but don't worry about it.
[/spoiler]

“Whaddya want, bucko?”

The sharkman was staring at Rogan.  His intentions must’ve been seen on his face.  ‘So much for a surprise strike…’ Rogan thought.

Rogan grabbed his main spear and pointed it at the sharkman.  “Bullying the weak and defenseless?  Don’t feign ignorance, you fiend!  You will get just as bad as them if you don’t admit your crimes.”  He pointed his spear back at the dazed Minotaurs.  “If you do, I guess I can leave you with only a scar or—”

*CRASH*

The chimedian, confused at all the hubbub that took place right below the stage, had slipped, one of its legs falling forward and the rest of the body tumbling after it…right on top of the still monologuing Rogan.  The remaining conscious patrons of the bar burst into raucous laughter as the chimedian sat up, still standing on top of Rogan.  Its eyes brightened as it heard the laughter and all the heads broke into toothy smiles.  It appeared as though someone wanted him to succeed after all and make recurring appearances as a slapstick character.

“I…can’t…breathe…” Rogan gasped.

[spoiler='OOC']Dunno if anyone wanted to go into the fight or not, but I decided to diffuse the animosity through humor. Now that Rogan has calmed down, I'm sure he can be spoken to rationally. If anyone wants to talk to him, I'm willing to write for him in a dual post. (Or, you know, you can just PM me)[/spoiler]

Archived