Insert Fantasy Name Here [IC/PG-13/Accepting]

"Chains... squeezing... can't breath!" Zorro hung in the air, held up from this mysterious characters chains. Brush still held firm in his grip, he used one of his three tails to grab hold of it. Splashing the bristles across the chain Zorro breathed out "Cut," the black paint started to erode anywhere in the cabin where paint was currently. The driver side of cabin where a giant splash mark was from earlier in the battle left a giant hole in the side of the cabin, where the blindfold fell burned through the floor. With all this added stress added onto the rear of the Cabin, it shook from stress, finally after what seemed like a century the chain broke, landing in a heap the cabin shook again. This time with enough force that the rear of the cabin fell off entirely. The three villains on one side while Zorro and the Plants on the other. Still gasping for air Zorro barely noticed that they have seemingly gotten away, while the rest of it took off into the bustling city. How the city was so big makes absolutely no since. The rear of the cabin came sliding to a stop conveniently right in front of the Tavern. Zorro turned to the Plants grabbed his trusty brush off the ground, "Āto magic, Cut" slicing his brush through the ropes that held the three plants together.

Stumbling into the Tavern the mood inside seemed to be mashed between humorous and angry, 'what happened when I left?' Minotaurs still in a pile on top of each other, just in another spot, the Chimedian was now partially off the stage on top of some, Centaur thing. Clutching his side he and the three Plants wandered up to the bar. "Three Plants... wearing pants... as promised."

"Grrrrrr, Rawr." Mr. Bear walked away, returning moments later with Nora

"Mr. Bear told me that you have the Plants in Pants." seeing he was injured a worried look crossed her face, "What happened to you, little pup?"

"Hurts... to talk" He managed to get out.

"Then don't talk." She said matter of factly.

"Also hurts to... breath."

"Then don't breath, silly."

Cactus man cleared his throat, seriously how do they talk, "Sorry to interrupt your date, but we have a song to sing."

Sucking in a big breath of air Zorro moaned out, "You mean I did all this for one song."

"Yep, now here, ten gold pieces, as promised," She leaned over the counter pecking him on the cheek, blushing slightly, "And a kiss," Turning her attention to the band. "so why don't you go push the rest of the Chimedian off the stage and sing the song, its about time we get the plot moving along."

Zorro blushed so deeply he turned crimson.

The robed villain gave off a murderous aura, part of his robe was gone thanks to that little annoyance, along with her prize. "Goop, why are we stilling moving forward, stop this Carriage, NOW!"

"We can't the brakes where at the rear of the carriage."

the robed man took a deep breath and slowly stepped off the moving carriage. stepping down the rushing carriage as if it weren't moving at all. Yogi, Gonzales, and Goop still panicking in the rest of it as it went through the city.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

"We have the matter well taken care of; we aren't headed that way in any case," The necromancer girl answered to Cedar. "Oh, okay... Then have a good trip...." Cedar answered smiling

"She could have definitely answered in a much nicer way!"Cedar thought. She was coming near the Aroma forestand once arrived she picked what was needed for the quest.

"Mhhmmm, since she's been so rude, a little prank on her should be fine..." Cedar thought.

She brought out her ritual set and turned it back into normal size with her wand. She placed a few things in the middle, a white rock-like thing, a few aromatic herbs and a bottle that seemed empty.

"It's time to call my coven!" She said as all her witch sisters started appearing. The coven was all there, Hawthorn, Rowan, Pine, Oak and Cherry.

"I need your help for this ritual...."

A minute later the ritual was done. "Now with this ritual, that girl and her pig friend will always have a little rainy cloud following them! That's what they get for being rude to a witch!"

She returned to the tavern to complete her quest, the reward was 3 gold coins. "Perfect! Now i wanna explore around, she said as she headed again out of the tavern"

"You mean to tell me." The tall, frightening, lich said in a very recognizable voice* "that you HAD the Plants and you let them get away?" The trio of thugs cowered beneath his perfectly delivered evil anger speech. The wagon had teleported to the evil lair of Grimsley Reaperson as soon as it left the city limits. That had been the plan. Get the Plants, get out, instant teleportation. However the wagon had arrived with no Plants.

"S-sire we are sorry." The mouse spoke hurriedly "There was an Adventurer who..."

"Of course there was an Adventurer." the lich, who is Grimsley by the way if you couldn't work that out, said with venom in his voice. "There is always an Adventurer. That's how these things go. You should have been more prepared. This is unacceptable...Where's Baracus?" Baracus, one of the stronger of his minions. His presence should have guaranteed the success.

"Well, that is, he jumped off the wagon before we left the city."

Another spoke up. "He's just a coward, w-we came back because w-we knew that we needed to be punished."

"Silence!" Grimsely rumbled. "Baracus knows what he's doing. He's establishing himself as a recurring villain. You three are just fools, and Baracus has no pity for fools. And neither do I."

"Master, please, please no!" The begging of the three suddenly ceased as Grimsely raised his hand and struck each of them with a massive cone of fire, turning them to ash and making sure they didn't return for a second appearance.

Just then a young girl walked in, carrying a broomstick in her hands and looking around. Once she saw Grimsely she smiled and hurried over to him. She scattered the ashes of the former thugs without any hesitation and stole his attention. "Hello daddy, I thought I heard you punishing some imbeciles."

"Yes, hello darling." There was a very obvious loving tone to the lich's voice. "They failed me and, as you know, failure is not to be accepted unless it's convenient to the plot to forgive."

The girl nodded with understanding. "What did they do wrong this time, daddy?"

"Ah that, my dear Morgan, is the rub. They had been tasked to pick up a present for you and they failed. I told them to go capture the Plants in Pants who you so love."

Morgan pouted. "Aww, that stinks. It was those darned Adventurers wasn't it? They're always ruining my fun."

"Yes, yes it was. Mark my words they'll regret it. Centra City has long been untouched, too long, but not anymore. They will face my wrath and rue they day they let in Adventurers who dare to ruin my surprise for my precious daughter."

Morgan clapped her hands together. "Ooooh can I go and pay them a visit daddy? I wanted to go and get my ten-thousandth figurine anyway, maybe I can stir up some trouble for the Adventurers while I'm at it."

"That's my girl, go ahead dear. Just be careful, if anything were to happen to you...Wait, you're already on your ten-thousandth? Does this mean you're going to need me to build another storage room?"

Morgan looked up at her father with puppy dog eyes "Pleasssse?"

The lich chuckled and patted her head with his bony hand. "Of course, nothing is too much for you. Now go and have some fun, I have plots to work on. No rest for the wicked."

"And we're the wickedest." Morgan said, finishing the chant they had crafted long ago. She then hopped on her broom and flew off in the general direction of Centro city.

[spoiler=OOC] This is just to introduce who the "Big Bad" is. He will start doing more and more stuff eventually but for now just know he's around.

Morgan is indeed the girl in the logo and she shall be important. More info will come eventually. For now just know she is Grimsley's biological daughter and is heading to Centra City.

The robed man shall now be a recurring villain, yay.

Also keep in mind. If you want to do anything beyond the basic with the NPCs, message me somehow about it first please. During fights I don't mind you doing some stuff (unless I say not to) but don't do anything too important with them on your own.

Also

*Grimsley is voiced by Alan Rickman

[/spoiler]

Miyuki has been watching the fight going on since it started, sitting in the back of the tavern waiting for it all to stop. People fighting over who knows what, the band not yet coming, and strange people running in and out of the place. She watched quietly as everyone did their thing. After about an hour of fighting a kitsune person walks in seeming to be injured and the centaur was hurt as well. Standing up from her table she walks over to them, seeing as they are in the same general area of the tavern and casting a healing circle on the ground. She starts to say a spell in her own language to heal the two of them of their wounds.

"O healing melody of divine mercy...." she sings the spell "Ryou rei kuroa ryuo zue rei va zue rei"

She cast her spell of healing onto the two, her necklace glows a hint of blue allowing her to use her magic to heal the two boys from their wounds.

After her spell is casted she stands, shyly holding her staff close to her looking at the two guys she just healed, realizing the glow from healing them might have attracted some attention. She looks to both of them and asks "um a-are you both alright now?" she seemed nervous due to some attention from others but still manages to smile at them.

Just before Brack had made his way over to the sharkman and centuar, the chimera who had been giving a rather poor comedy act fell off the stage onto the centaur. 
"Hmph, just tha two of us, then." The sharkman had noticed Brack now, and had turned his attention towards him with his steely gaze. "Ye, me fine finned friend, look like ye ken handle yerself in a fight with tha way ye gave those minotaurs yer boot, so ta speak." Brack tapped the end of his cigar, letting some ash fall to the ground. "Now, wha' say ye-"

"Hey, no smoking! Put that thing away!" One of the bartenders, a wood nymph, suddenly called out to Brack. A nearby bear growled in agreement.

"Ah, me apologies, me lady." Brack licked the thumb of his glove and touched it to the cigar, putting it out, and placed it back in his pocket. "Now, where were we? Oh, I never introduced meself. Name's Brack. Brack Corren. And I'm lookin' for a fight, and I bet me beard ye ken deliver. Now, we ken do this nice and clean," Brack placed his hand on Old Gwyn's head, "or maybe we make thin's a bit rougher." This time Brack hefted the cannon on his back. "Now, I ask again, what say ye?"

A loud crash had interrupted the Centaur's harmless intimidation.  The chimedian had lost his balance on stage and crashed down onto the strange beast.  The chimedian didn't realize that he was crushing the poor creature under his enormous weight, so Mako had to intervene so that the beast man could catch his breath.  Without hesitation or breaking a sweat, Mako lifted the chimedian off the centaur.  "Listen pal, your time on stage is up....soooo uh...get off the horse-man thing!"  He said placing him in a different location of the tavern.  He was excited to see what the next act would be, the plants wearing clothing was it?

Now a dwarf with a cigar had entered his personal space.  He blabbed on about how Mako and him should raise some sort of ruckus and how it was just the two of them now.  Something else about his name being Brack...like he cared or something.

"Now, where were we? Oh, I never introduced meself. Name's Brack. Brack Corren. And I'm lookin' for a fight, and I bet me beard ye ken deliver. Now, we ken do this nice and clean, or maybe we make thin's a bit rougher.  Now, I ask again, what say ye?"

Mako sighed.  What was this stubby specimen of a human asking him for a fight for?  Did he honestly think that he would stand any chance against a Sharkman such as himself.  He got up from his seat and cracked his knuckles.  He obviously towered over the dwarf, so he made himself look as tall as possible as to intimidate him.  Wait...if he was challenging Mako to a kerfuffle, he obviously was confident in his abilities.  After cracking his neck and rolling his arms, he finally spoke to the small man.  "Brack was it?  The names Mako, newbie bounty hunter extraordinaire!  And listen shrimp, i don't fight unless i gots to.  Unless you got a bounty on your head, or a death wish, i'd advise you to not ask me to fight you."  One drop of blood and that'd be it for Mako, and half the patrons of the tavern.  He didn't want to think about the possibility, it had happened to a good friend of his before.  "Long story short, i ain't gonna fight ya...so find someone else to scrap with!"  

The sharkman, who introduced himself as the bounty hunter Mako, was quick to turn down his offer for a brawl. Brack was a little downtrodden, but declined fights seemed to be the norm when not amongst kin. It was an advantage of his own kind, Brack supposed. "Ah well, nae hairs off me beard. Gotta stick ta yer profession, I ken admire that. If there ain't ta be any fightin', might as well skip straight ta tha drinking, am I right?!" Brack laughed to himself, pleased with his brilliant idea. "Oi, bartender lady!"

"The name's Nora, dwarf." she said with a hint of irritation in her voice.

"Right, Nora! Git me and me friend here tha biggest, strongest drinks ye've got!" He nudged Mako with his shoulder, though that only meant nudging him in the leg. "Ye're nae a lightweight, are ye? I'm sure ye've got ta be good at drinkin', bein' part fish and all! Though if ye won't accept it, I guess that jus' means more for me! Haha!" He pulled his cigar back out and tried to light it again, but a shrewd look from Nora that could singe the hairs from his beard quickly made him think otherwise.

OOC: I don't know about you, but a drinking contest between a dwarf and a sharkman sounds like the best thing ever.

Eren layed on the roof top out of breath, monsters seemed to grow stronger by the second. He watched as a boy ran past him and then a chicken with a snake coming out of it started pecking the giant fish monster. The snake complained the entire time. Perhaps Eren could make a friend out of this strange creature.

The giant fish moved as to strick the poor creature with it's massive fish club. With god speed Eren moved from the roof top and jumped on to the club, before it reached the ground he stabed the monsters hand and jumped off. He quickly yelled to the seemingly helpless chicken snake. " are you okay?"

With one quick motion he sliced the fish monster's stomach. Clean through the flesh, however rather than blood coming out, little fish monsters came out. They two were weilding fish clubs.

A bright light shone around Zorro "Nora, did you're kiss heal me!?"Zorro patted himself down checking to see if anything was out of place. Being satisfied with himself he turned towards her only to see her glaring over his shoulder.

"What!, no my kisses don't heal, I'm a nymph, not a fairy." She turned her attention back to Zorro muttering something about dwarfs burning down her other tavern.

Mr. Bear growled and pointed a paw.

"Sorry, my Beariness is bad all I got was table."

"Mr. Bear says that it was the fairy at that table right there." she pointed over his shoulder, which made Zorro turn with it.

"Oh right thanks," jumping from the bar stool he sat on over to the Fairy. Landing right in front of her, his three tails ended up underneath his feet, making him land face first. Jumping back to his feet, like it didn't happen.  "You, little miss Fairy, my name is Zorro, I have no way to thank you." a thought came to him, "I do, have a way to thank you," he dug through his bag until he found it, pulling out a medium sized burlap bag he reached in and pulled out some chocolate coins popping some into his mouth, he held it up to her. "Want some Chocolate?"

"Are you okay?" the elf asked.

Casper nodded dumbly.

If one were to describe Casper's feelings after that strange elf single-handedly defeated the fish man, it would have been shock. What had looked like an overenthusiastic shopkeeper harassing a hapless potential customer had turned into said customer kicking fishy tail. Individually, the two were feeling rather different aside from their shared surprise. Percy, for one: "Now see here," he griped. "If you're strong, at least show it. Otherwise people feel the need to stick their necks out for a stranger that doesn't even need the help."

Cashew on the other hand...er, wing, that is, was ignoring his other half, as per usual. Percy would always find something to complain about. No, what captured the chicken's attention was the sudden duplication of the fish man. Now there were two of them. "Peep!" he cried out, using the Percy-stop-complaining-and-start-paying-attention tone.

"Ye gads!" the snake recoiled in disgust, "What are these despicable things? Hydra spawn?! Kill them. Kill them with fire!" He started spitting completely benign venom at them. Such was the pain of having stone-cold eyes and nothing else. Cashew rolled his own harmless eyes and attempted to karate chop the fish men with his wings.

"You didn't buy the fissssssh!" one of the mini fish men hissed. "Bobby is angry now. Very angry. Bobby 2, it's time."

"Yesssss it's time, time for the ultimate fish twin tail attack!" the second one finished. And then the two grabbed some fish...and started throwing them at both the elf and chickensnake. "Buy our fisssssssssh!"

Casper attempted to dodge the fish, but they were raining thick and fast. One beamed him right in the beak, sending him flying into the wall of a random building. "Pee-eep..."

"Ye're nae a lightweight, are ye? I'm sure ye've got ta be good at drinkin', bein' part fish and all! Though if ye won't accept it, I guess that jus' means more for me! Haha!" Brack's loud mouth had been scratching Mako's sensitive ears.  He had never had alcohol before, just salted water and other non-alcoholic beverages.  But he wasn't such a person to resist a a gift.

"Now that's a challenge only a real shark man would take!  You're on little man!"  With that he placed his arm around the dwarfs shoulder and smiled.  "Glad to see that we can be on good terms!  I wouldn't want to kick your ass too hard and then make ya not like me!  This is my first time meetin' a man of your stature!"  He wondered if that was a rude remark towards Dwarves.  After all, Mako did tower him, but then again, he towered a lot of other people and races.  He flagged down Nora.  "I'll have whatever this man's payin for Nor!"

In the back of his head, he wondered what kind of effects drinking such toxins would do to his body. He had seen the effects work different ways on people in the tavern.  Was he the lover or the fighter?  Only time could tell.

The Bridge Bandit Gang (As the narrator just decided they were called) were busy doing yoga when their chief suddenly snorted in alarm.
They scrambled to their feet and rolled up the yoga mats as the chief moved out in front of them. There was a pig approaching. A very...strange and unhealthy looking specimen but a pig nonetheless. “So they send one of my own kind to get rid of me.” The bandit chief said to himself, which of course meant he was saying it to us but he doesn’t have to know that. “Very smart. However I know just how to deal with this.”

He waited for the pig to get closer before calling out. “Hello brother pig, I am called Willie. This bridge is mine and my men’s. I see you are a brave and noble warrior, probably of great renown. Therefore I offer you a challenge, a ramming contest. Just you and me. First to fall into the water must leave immediately. Of course, my men will stay even if you defeat me but this gives you a sporting chance.”
There were no walls or railing on the bridge, for convenience sake and because the narrator is lazy, and so their contest would take place in the middle of the bridge. That is, if the brave adventurer (?) dared take the helmeted chief up on his offer.

[hr]

Kermit was slightly annoyed...but, only slightly. He had wanted the centaur to beat up that damn shark, not get fallen on by the Chimedian. But it looked like this could work out to his advantage if only....”Oh, blimey.” Kermit just happened to glance down the street and notice a familiar black and white skinned Shark-person with a trio  of [url=http://i.imgur.com/Sw53bym.jpg?1]orc[/url] thugs in tow. He scurried into the tavern, knocking over chairs on his way. “Outta the way, outta the way!” she shouted as he hurried up the stairs to find a hiding place.

In the meantime the fearsome foursome entered the tavern and looked around with narrowed eyes. “Anybody see this frog? He owes our boss quite a bit of money you see. Any cooperation would be appreciated. Otherwise, well I don’t think I need to tell you what happens when people lie to the loan-sharks.” He held up a crude, crayon, drawing of the frog-man who had ran through the tavern, with the name “Kermit” underneath.

[hr]

Things were very confusing for Jack, no, Frank? The fish vendor couldn’t remember his name very well now that he had been split up. But he knew that these two had to die die die die. Why? Why die? Why not? He decided to focus his efforts as best as he could. The chicken looked an easier target, and so that was what he would target. He gathered his thoughts, somewhat, and ran pell-mell at the beastie. Swinging the fish club around like a flail and screaming random obscenities as he did so.

Meanwhile the townsfolk just went about their business as usual. For some strange reason it seemed they weren’t even paying attention to the epic battle being waged all around them.
Except one person. A grey-robed man who was watching the fight with casual interest. “Neither of these are the adventurer that freed the Plants” he thought “But they were still adventurers. Perhaps he would have to get rid of them just in case. That sounded quite like something a villain would do after all.” For now he would continue to watch and eat his apple (how he did this without pulling down the cloth covering his face was anyone’s guess).

[hr]

Morgan skipped along the road. She had just put that little thief boy asleep for perhaps the 12th time. He never didn’t try and rob her, even though he was pretty bad at it. Of course she kept passing him by so it was only natural. That one might grow up to be quite the nice evil henchman if raised right and around the right, or wrong as it were, people.
But that didn’t matter right now. Right now Morgan was on a hunt. Well, two hunts. The second was for mayhem and adventurers. The first was the far more important. There was a limited-edition figure that she just HAD to have. And she would have it, and maybe burn the shop down after so that it became even MORE limited edition.

[spoiler=OOC]
Alright some simple stuff but basically.
Truffle the pig is now being challenged by the bandit chief (who has a helmet) to a ramming contest. No one noticed the airborne “baddies” yet.

Tavern folk. Time to meet an enforcer for the loan-sharks. The orcs are above average thugs and the sharkman is a much above average one. He uses silver knuckles as weapons. The orcs use what is in the picture.

It's fine if you want to interact with them AFTER some drinking gets done, don't worry about time, maybe Kermit was just lurking for a while. XD

Fishman fight is continuing, chicken-snake getting attacked by all of them. Everyone is ignoring you, except a certain someone...if not obvious that’s Baracus. He’s not gonna do anything yet but he’s there.

Morgan is...somewhere. She’ll do more eventually. DO NOT control her. She’s one of the few that I don’t want anyone having any control of unless they talk it through with me. You can meet her but I intend her to do something else. Of course as I said you can meet her still cause this is mostly free-form.
[/spoiler]

• 2 weeks later...

"I don't want fish, for the last time." Eren yelled at the fish monsters. Fish was raining from the sky and Eren had to slice them with slhis sword to protect himself, "were did the chicken snake go." Eren thought to himself. He looked behind him and saw that the thing had been hit by fish and sent flying. He ran to the chicken and slice fish out of the and ducked underneath the fish club a few times. Finally the fish monster hit him with the club and Eren went flying into the chicken snake thing. "How desperate are we" Eren asked the creature. He pulled out his airship which was still in the shape of a dice.

Another fish landed by Eren, he could not wait for an answer this was life or death. Wait wasn't the only two fish monsters, somehow more had appeared. There were five or six now they were moving to much for him to get an accurate count.

Eren pushed an unseen button on the dice and threw into one of monster's mouths. Slowly the shape of the fish monster's began to change and the fish monster began to dissenagrate. Only the bones of the fish remained plus a small pile of gold. In the middle of the remains was Eren's airship.

Rogan saw the circle of healing envelope him.  He glowed blue as the aches and pains from his travels and fights began to melt away.  With that warmth, a content smile rose to his lips.  He rose to his feet, giving a cursory glance at the Sharkman who seemed to be accompanied by a very loud dwarf, before turning his gaze toward the fairy who had healed him.

She was quite lovely, though she appeared to be very shy.  Before he could say anything, a lively kitsune strode over and began talking with the fairy.  Rogan waited patiently until the kitsune paused to take a bite of the chocolate he was holding before addressing her.  Giving a deep bow, Rogan said, “Thank you miss.  My aches appear to be gone.  May I ask your name?”

Happy she helped someone she went to sit down and was taking a sip of her water when the kitsune came and fell face first in front of her. She giggled lightly as she watched him as he jumped back to his feet and said  "You, little miss Fairy, my name is Zorro, I have no way to thank you." She was about to speak when he inturrputed saying ""I do, have a way to thank you," so she waited a bit longer to speak until he pulled out chocolate and ate a piece before offering it to her. "Want some Chocolate?" 

She giggled lightly again and nodded. "T-Thank you, I would love a piece." she smiled and accepted a piece of chocolate from Zorro. She was about to introduce herself when she saw a centaur bow to her and looked up to only to notice it was one of the people she healed. “Thank you miss.  My aches appear to be gone.  May I ask your name?”

She smiled lightly and nodded. "M-My name is Miyuki Murasaki, b-but you could call me Yuki, or Mura if you would like." She smiled lightly at the two she had encountered, making them the first people she had talked to since she left home. She looked up and noticed a trio of orcs and a shark-person walking in. She leaned in and whispered to the two with her "D-Does this happen often?" she said gesturing to the people. 

The church, a rather ominous structure, even in this city, stood, or more so loomed over the rather busy streets. Its tower made for a rather precarious drop, but also provided a rather elegant and hidden vantage point for anyone scouting the place. And that precise reason is why he had scaled the stone walls. That feat alone was no easy task. The stone was old, crumbling in some places. Other places were so covered in moss and vines that broke off in ones hands when pulled on slightly. It struck him as odd that a city like this would let such a building fall into disarray. He could only imagine what the inside of the place could look like. He imagined as he climbed that the floor would have weak spots, maybe even black mold growing on it if it was made of wood. He imagined the tattered tapestries scattered about the dark windows, creating shadows on the walls and floors as the tiny beams of sunlight tried to permeate the darkness.

It wasn’t long before he had reached the top of the tower and perched himself on the ledge. His icy blue eyes looked over as he whispered softly. “Vision.” As the word left his lips, the intricate tattoo around his eyes began to appear, along with the loud screech of a hawk that rang out in his ears. His eyes refocused as they started to take everything in clearly. He had, for lack of a better terminology and the fact that sometimes I just feel lazy describing things, a “Bird’s Eye View” of the whole city in front of him now. Every person seemed in clear focus, even those up near the front gate. 

The city was bustling below him. Vendors were selling wares, shops drawing in customers, normal city life. A few things caught his attention, such as a rather interesting fight between what looked like a fish beast and two others. It was the airship that had caught his attention mostly, seeming to come out of nowhere. His attention returned to the streets as he watched various people coming and going from what looked like a tavern. A tavern, how did he miss that? “Seems as good a place to find information as this church was…” he said to himself as he leaned forward and dropped from the tower. He landed, rather gracefully on his feet, which was rather impressive considering the tower’s height, and had anyone been there they might have applauded. However, he was in a rather remote part of the city. He pulled the hood up over his head and made his way into the busier city streets, making his way towards the tavern.

"I don't want fish, for the last time," came the elf's shout, and soon afterward said elf crashed right into Casper. "How desperate are we" he asked, rising.

The chickensnake shifted and rose himself, rubbing a wing against his sore head. "Very," replied Percy, gazing at the assembled fish men with a hint of wariness. What had started as a street-side scuffle had developed into a brawl that now had them outnumbered three to one. Yes, the fish men were smaller, but, as his unfortunate meeting with the brick wall had proven, that didn't mean they were any less dangerous.

And then the elf (he still didn't know the guy's name--that would have to be rectified after the battle or he would eternally be known as "the elf") had pulled a joker from out of nowhere. A die was cast into the maw of the beast and seemed to work as some sort of acid bomb, leaving behind nothing but fish bones and gold pieces.

Percy's eyes were riveted on the gold while Cashew's eyes were growing wider by the second. "Pee-eep?!" What was an airship doing here? And where had it come from? The chickensnake's legs gave way at an opportune moment, narrowly missing a Major League Baseball-worthy swing of a fish club. That got him back in the action. With a battle chirp, he rose, fluffing his feathers aggressively. Whatever this airship was doing here, it was obviously on their side. Casper karate-chopped and axe-beaked his way through two of the fish men, effectively halving the original number. Things were looking up...for now.

After all, neither chicken nor snake had noticed anybody aside from the immediate danger. Not the grumbling of the other stall vendors, which seemed to crescendo as the fight wore on. Nor the crowd that swelled around them. Every time somebody attempted to get close and aid either side, a flurry of fish sent them back, so the space around them was cleared at the moment, leaving the fighters free of distractions.

Casper paused to breathe for a moment, glancing at the airship once more, as if to confirm the sight before him. Yes, there was a random airship that had appeared out of nowhere. And no, he had no clue where it came from. "Do you know what that's all about?" Percy asked the elf with a jabbing motion toward the vehicle.

The street was pretty empty. Just a couple random NPCs doing their usual NPC business on the sides. None of the stores around were anything particularly interesting. They all looked basically copy/pasted, with slight variations between them to make it seem like the author actually bothered to make them interesting in some way.

It was quiet, and peaceful, and dreadfully boring. That was until a young girl who couldn't have been older than 13 came onto the scene, running pell-mell through the streets. She was holding onto a stack of papers, many of which were being taken by the wind, under one arm and clutching an old and knobby staff in the other. Holding onto the bottom of the girl's dress was a small, red-haired, Pixie. She was holding tight for dear life as the girl charged through the streets.

She seemed to be in a hurry to get somewhere, however she also seemed to be without much direction. So focused on running was she that she almost didn't notice the strange wooden girl that just happened to be in this part of the city. Luckily the pixie had been paying attention and yelled out a shrill "Melody, stoooooooop."

At the sound the girl, Melody, skidded to a halt. She stopped moving mere inches from colliding with the stranger. She flailed her arms around and just barely kept from tipping over. Melody looked up at her. For, while the wood girl was short, Melody was even shorter.

"Oooh, hi there. Sorry I didn't notice you, I was just running along like usual and I don't often have to worry about people getting in my way cause usually people just get out of the way when they see me cause I'm super duper clumsy and if they don't I usually crash right into them and I guess I should stop running like that then but it gets me to point B a lot faster do you know what I mean and anyway sorry for almost running into you I didn't mean anything by it I promise you seem like a nice person and I wouldn't run into a nice person on purpose well I wouldn't run into a mean one either but you get what I mean I hope." She took a deep breath, barely phased by her rapid-fire talking, and continued. "My name is Melody, you look pretty, are you made of wood? That's so cool!"

The Pixie that had been holding onto the girl's dress let out a groan and floated up towards Melody's shoulder. "You think you said enough, or do you want to give them your life story while your at it?" The Pixie said sarcastically. "I'm sorry for my...friend's behavior. I'm Fir, and don't worry I won't talk your ear off."

The Pixie waited for the girl to respond before nudging Melody. "Hey, pip-squeak, maybe they can help." The irony of a Pixie calling anyone pip-squeak was totally lost on Melody, whose face lit up suddenly.

"Oh!" She thrust one of the papers towards the wood girl. It had a simple drawing of a stick warrior and wizard. "I'm trying to build a guild! You see I don't...have many friends and I thought a Friend's Guild would be perfect for that. Y-you don't have to join though but I guess that would be alright too but I just want someone to help me find friends to join my guild, I'd be sooooooo grateful if you could."

Guilds were a very big thing in Centra City. A guild was a group of at least 4 people who take on requests and help protect the city when needed. To become a guild one must have the proper number of people, then take a Guild Exam (which was generally pretty simple) and register with the Captain of the Guard.

Guilds got their own building to themselves, the size depending on how long they've been a Guild and how many members they have, and a special magical Request Board. This board got updates on requests faster than any other in the city, so being in a Guild meant you had an easier time getting good requests.

Melody looked determined to build this guild, and she was smiling ear to ear at the wood girl, hoping that finally she'd find someone to help her dream come true.

Morgan hummed merrily as she left the shop. The shop-keep had tried getting Morgan to pay nearly double what the figurine was worth, and Morgan was having none of that. By the time Morgan was done she had managed to get the figure at nearly half the usual value.
Of course, she could have just taken it but Morgan quite enjoyed haggling. That didn‘t stop her from taking a bit of revenge for the gall of the man trying for such crazy prices.
“Thanks for everything.” She called back into the shop. Though anyone who saw would wonder who she was talking to. All that was in the shop, besides the wares, was a large pumpkin sitting on a stool behind the counter.
“Now, where to next? I think I should go find myself an adventurer to play with...”

[spoiler=OOC]

There ya go, Cosmo, you didn’t have much to do I saw so I’m giving you something now. The wood girl is, of course, your character. Meet Melody, she’s trying to build a guild. You can go about this many ways I’m sure and if you need to talk it out let me know. Once you decide how you want to do this PM me and we can work any details out. ^^ (Of course it’s fine to just respond for now if I am not around to reply)

And Morgan is doing Morgan things, getting closer to when a “lucky” adventurer gets to meet her.

Cedar was hanging around in the city looking around the shops, nothing special was sold, but it was worth a look anyway. She was admiring the sunny day, until a girl ran into her.

"Oooh, hi there. Sorry I didn't notice you, I was just running along like usual and I don't often have to worry about people getting in my way cause usually people just get out of the way when they see me cause I'm super duper clumsy and if they don't I usually crash right into them and I guess I should stop running like that then but it gets me to point B a lot faster do you know what I mean and anyway sorry for almost running into you I didn't mean anything by it I promise you seem like a nice person and I wouldn't run into a nice person on purpose well I wouldn't run into a mean one either but you get what I mean I hope."

"My name is Melody, you look pretty, are you made of wood? That's so cool!" The girl said.

"Oh, hi, nice to meet you, don't worry about that, i'm pretty clumsy too at times, my name's Cedar Wood, the woodling witch, yes, i'm made out of wood!" Cedar said to the girl. She also noticed that the girl had a little pixie with her.

"I'm trying to build a guild! You see I don't...have many friends and I thought a Friend's Guild would be perfect for that. Y-you don't have to join though but I guess that would be alright too but I just want someone to help me find friends to join my guild, I'd be sooooooo grateful if you could." 

"It would be a pleasure for me to join your guild, my coven could even come and hang out sometimes" She said smiling to the girl and her pixie.

There was too much commotion in this tavern.  Its like Mako had been in this place forever with no sort of amusement whatsoever.  His Dwarf buddy had gotten so wasted, that he wasn't even responding to Mako's presence anymore.  "Typical of the rumors i've heard.  They just drink and fight and have no time for comradery!"  He noticed the frog man who had been causing a hubbub earlier run into the tavern in a hurry.  Whatever the little croaker got himself into was surely not going to be good for anyone here.  

It was at this time that a roving gang of three Orcs and one sharkperson entered the pub.  They pointed to a kiddie drawing of a frog face with the name Kermit underneat, asking if the fellow had been anywhere to be found.  Mako wiped some foam from his mouth.  He was slightly buzzed, but he kept his composure.  He made his way through the Orcs and to the sharkperson.  "A loan shark huh?  You's people give us good sharkfolk a bad rep.  What with your mobbish activities and your not desirable shakedown methods.  I ought to teach you a lesson in sharkmanners!"  There was only one way sharkpeople could get their point of views through to each other, and that was with their shark fists!

Mako cocked back his arm, and shot it forth into the only other sharkman's face, sending him flying out the tavern doors.  "You loan sharks are no good dead beats in my book, imma shakedown your entire corporate structure...or however you guys run a sharkbusiness!"  The orc, being the dumb fighters they are, came out Mako one at a time, allowing him to put each one into a grapple, and then suplexing them through the floor.  "You fellas aren't the ones i'm after!"  He bolted out the swing doors and grabbed the loan shark who was trying to flee the scene.  "Yo loany, leave whoever owes you money alone...as a matter of fact, i don't want to see your shark face anywhere around this town again.  And if i do, every time you grow a tooth that i've punched out, i'll make sure to punch them out again.  You'll be sippin' mackerel through a straw for the rest of your life if you don't beat it!"  With that Mako let go of the sharkman's tail.  Not a second went by, and Mako had grabbed it again.  "By the way, you gotta boss or somethin?"   

Eren heard the snake fish ask "Do you know what that's all about?" Eren looked were the chicken snake was staring. "Well friend that is my ride, it comes in cube form." Suddenly Eren had an idea, a realization. His arrows were in his airship. Eren rushed to get into his airship dodging in many fish clubs. He quickly grabbed his arrows, jumped out his window, and the airship compacted its self into a cube and fell into Eren's hands. He pulled out his bow, which grow to its full length once it was out of his pocket, and readied two arrows. Eren was tired of these "fish", the had been in the plot to long and now he was going to remove them. He let his arrows fly through the air and kill two of the fish monsters, and with their deaths came two more pills of gold. "friend, you have the stage. I will let you have the honor of killing the last fish monster." Eren told the chicken snake, still he felt something fishy was going on and he hoped the narrator didn't have other plans.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Donovan had just gotten to the strange tavern with all of its strange people, and he tried to hid in the shadows of the building as he got with in it. he had been wondering for quite some time and he was afraid that people were silently judging him as he got inside. He sat be were the famous mr. bear was standing. Donovan tried to make himself look small so the others wouldn't see him. "Sir do you have a spare room? I don't have any money to pay you." Donovan looked around to see who was there. He saw a strange shark person and a fairy, hopefully they didn't see him.

Mr. Bear looked down at the strange man who had just entered the tavern. Everything had been pretty exciting today it was so bizarre to see someone being...well, normal, for once.
He was asking about a room. A room...Mr Bear froze. Oh no, he was asking about A ROOM!
Mr. Bear started to panic. Rooms available for rent in the towns tavern were a staple of fantasy worlds. But they had forgotten to include that in the description of the tavern! They didn’t think it would be necessary, and it had all been fine until this very moment.

The world stood still, everyone held their breath. How could they possibly get out of this situation?
With bullshit, obviously. Suddenly the ground shook, violently. A magical glow surrounded the tavern and with a comical “poof” a third floor appeared on top of the second. This floor would now and forever be for room renting.
Mr Bear let out a sigh of relief and nodded at the man’s question. But, of course, he would have to pay for it... Mr. Bear gestured towards the Request Board and said “Rawwwrararghargh.” Which clearly meant “Kind sir you could perhaps take upon yourself a request to gain sufficient funds to use our services.”

As the fight seemed to wrap up, Baracus grunted with annoyance. Another damn COMPETENT adventurer, just what they needed. He was going to have to kill them, wouldn’t he?
But just then a man came onto the scene. A man with glowing armor and an equally glowing smile. He was tall and impressive and Baracus recognized him instantly.

The Knight Captain of the Guard, Hero of Centra City, the Enforcer of the Realms Laws, Knight in Shining Armor, The Magnificent Warrior of Justice, Bob.
Baracus hissed and slipped away, he didn’t have time to deal with a man who had the fabled Plot Armor.

“Hail, travelers!” Bob said in a deep, commanding, voice that made all the ladies (and some men) in the general vicinity swoon. “I see that you are in a spot of trouble. I must apologize for this but I need to take you to the base. You are all under arrest for disturbing the peace.”

The loan shark enforcer hadn’t expected a fellow Shark-person to be there, and even less did he expect him to attack him so abruptly.
Of course. He hadn’t expected anything. Because he wasn’t really there. Before Mako’s eyes, the villain he just defeated melted away into a puddle of mud. Standing there amidst the pile was a tiny goblin in what seemed to be some sort of shaman outfit.
“You sonofagoldfish” the goblin squeaked. “You’re lucky the enforcer is on vacation or you’d be in for a tough fight. You’re not gonna get away with this! The loan sharks never forget, never!”
He reached for his flask, unscrewed the top, and drank. “Now with my potion of teleportation I will vanish!....Vanish!...WHY AM I NOT VANISHING?” He looked into his flask again, in a panic, until he realized. “Oops. It’s just water. Um, Mr. Shark. I um didn’t mean it?”

Fireworks. That was what was going on in Melody’s mind. Her and Fir stared at each other for a long while before Melody jumped into the air and cheered! “Yahoo!” Unfortunately she didn’t land very gracefully and fell flat on her face.
Fir let out a sigh and shook her head in exasperation before tugging on the back of Melody’s clothing to help her up.
Melody grinned sheepishly up at Cedar before speaking.
“I’m so so so glad you wanted to join like I hoped you did but I totally didn’t think you would and even if you wanted to help I didn’t think you’d actually JOIN ya know and that’s really awesome and this is gonna be so much fun and hey I was wondering where do you come from? You don’t seem like you’re from around here oh but that’s not a bad thing I myself moved here a year ago, I used to live in a small town far far far from here and it didn't have much in it but it did have some cool stuff like it was filled with flowers and was always really pretty well except in the Winter but even then there was still the Frost Bloom which was a really nice flower that only grew in our town and only in the Winter and anyway now I'm here instead and I kinda miss it but this is a fun place too.”
She took a deep breath and then continued. “Anyway I was wondering like what do friends do anyway we should go play some games or something right? I’m not very good at this kinda thing so I hope you are and oh right we probably should find some other people so we can like make this a super duper awesome official guild and stuff.”
She punctuated her rambling sentence with the largest smile that has ever been smiled before launching herself forward and giving Cedar a hug.

[spoiler=OOC]
Donovan would have the easiest time getting money by taking a request. There’s a buncha different things you can do, Kuriboh, tell me what kind of thing you’d prefer and I can give you a list of what you can find on it. Might need help for some things.

AND BOB HAS APPEARED. I love Bob, guys. And so he has literal Plot Armor. Meaning his magical armor prevents him from being harmed, because Plot. But sometimes it doesn’t work, because Plot. But you shouldn’t try and harm him, because Plot.
And yes he’s arresting you. I’ll leave it up to Sethera if he arrives before or after Casper kills the last monster.

The goblin is just a scrub, Hydreigon, don't worry. Do what you want with him, but keep in mind that the Loan Sharks have much stronger (and not so easily beaten) people on their roster, they WILL be notified of the events here. Have fun with that. :3

Cosmo, basically now it's time to either.
1.) Play with Melody. I'm sure there's plenty of games we can come up with.
2.) Find more people for the Friend's Guild. Four is needed, but more is more likely to be accepted as a guild.
3.) None of the above. You don't absolutely have to do this, it's up to you.
But let me know what you're planning and we can work stuff out.

And why is "Frost Bloom" in italics? I dunno, it's a mystery I guess.....

The streets were crowded, and busy. Oh god what was he doing here? Oh yeah, that's right, his opperator was willing it. Just like the mystical hand of fate was dictating what was going to happen again. With the grace of a cat-like creature he leaped up onto the banister of a small shop, then up to the roof of a nearby building. He was free to move now and took off running along the roof tops before coming to the building right across from the tavern. He backed up slowly then took off at a full sprint and leaped off the building, and just as he was about to land on the roof, a new floor appeared out of nowhere. And in such an animated fashion, he slammed into the wall and fell backwards onto the street, spirals replacing his eyes as he was now dazed.

As the dust settled his eyes adjusted slowly to the brilliant sun that was shining in them. A low groan escaped his lips as he slowly sat up and held his head, feeling a small amount of blood trickle down his face. "Oh great...just what I needed." He stood up to his feet and staggered a bit, making his way into the tavern before the room started spinning and he toppled, falling into a rather really nicely clad official looking man.

• 2 weeks later...

"Friend, you have the stage. I will let you have the honor of killing the last fish monster."

Casper gave a one-winged bow in reply and turned around to finish off that fish man, getting into his fake kung-fu pose. This had gone on for long enough. The fishman approached, twirling a fish club (which was exactly what it sounded like: a fish used as a club) menacingly. With an exaggerated "Peeeep!" Casper jumped on the fish's head and then jumped off. Chicken claws were dangerous, but karate wingchops even more so.

Before the chickensnake could karate chop though, he got a beakful of fish to the face. Peeping morosely at the smell, he karate chopped the fish man before he could continue, knocking him out cold.

At that point the crowd started to disperse, mostly because the fight was over but also because of a certain arrival. “Hail, travelers!” A man in glowing Plot Armor shouted after stepping over the remnants of the fish man's stall. “I see that you are in a spot of trouble. I must apologize for this but I need to take you to the base. You are all under arrest for disturbing the peace.” His voice positively dripped with charm, though it had no effect on a chickensnake.

"Whaaat?!" Percy protested. "But, but, this! It's a scandal! It's a outrage! You can't just do this to me! Especially since this was self-defense. Where's my attorney?" He continued on in the same vein for a while, and probably would until somebody interrupted him.

Meanwhile, Cashew shook his head and gave a low "Pee-eep." It didn't look like he'd be getting his food anytime soon.

The chicken thing was quite loud, Bob realized. He decided to act before he was forced to arrest him also for being a nuisance. See, Bob was not just the enforcer of laws he also could make them up on the spot. Don’t like it? Too bad, talk to the plot armor.
That isn’t to say Bob is corrupt, he is in-fact impossible to corrupt, he just is sometimes a bit overzealous.

He brought his hand up, and in it was a symbol. A symbol of the God of Libraries. As soon as he did it flashed and the Cockatrice was silenced, forcibly, until they reached the Jail. The other one didn’t seem to be responding, which was all well and good. Then, Bob held up another symbol. This the Goddess of Chains (don’t ask). And suddenly chains wrapped around the two rule-breakers and Bob led them to the Jail.

It was a large building, actually it wasn’t but that is a nice start to a description. See, the Jail was underneath the “Tower of Justice” which served as Bob’s home and the Guard’s headquarters. It was a shining platinum building with flags and symbols of various Gods and Goddesses covering it.

Bob led them through the doors and directly to the basement. Where thousands of cells were lined up on all four walls, going down several hundred floors. Bob led them to a nearby cell that was conveniently open and put them inside, before dispelling the chains and silence spell.
“Your crimes are not severe, thankfully, and in fact you only need to be in Jail for three hours. Hopefully that will show you the error of your ways. Oh, and once you’re out you will be led to my office where I will assign you a mission for community service. Thank you, have a nice day.” He turned on his heels and left, leaving the two in their cell, surrounded by many many other criminals of various crimes.

“Ah, such a brave youth, my people’s futures are in good hands if this is representative of this generation!” Wilbur said happily, bracing himself for impact and taking the charge directly on the helm. Truffle’s strength was more than he had expected but he pulled back and thrust forward, putting all his might into the headbutt.

Meanwhile the bandits were all cheering in the background. All but one, who was looking dumbly into the sky. “Biiiiird.” He said. “Biiiiiird!” He had a panicked look in his face, obviously he was afraid of birds and, while the two who were approaching by air did not look very birdlike, he was an idiot and so he reacted as though a giant bird was approaching. He hefted a hand-axe and tossed it at the approaching “bird”.

“I believe it is time to show Centra City my strength.” Grimsley looked down at the orb in front of him. It was a large, clear, orb that held an image inside. It was a overcast view of  Centra City. Grimsley made a motion and the image zoomed in on a particular location. A certain Tavern that Grimsley knew adventurers, especially new adventurers, tended to frequent. The Introduction Tavern was about to get a taste of Grimsley’s power.

He chanted a spell, droning on in the language of the dead, until a portal appeared over the Introduction Tavern. And from it dropped a massive, 25 feet tall, knight onto the roof of the building. His emblem, flaming skull with a crown, was emblazoned onto the construct's cape. It leapt from the roof and landed near the front door, before sending its sword down in a sweeping arc, scattering the people the milled out there. Grimsley smiled and leaned back, settling to watch as his Knight wrecked havoc.

[spoiler=OOC]
Okay! Stuff. So, Sethera, Kuriboh, you’re in jail for a little bit, but you won’t be there for long. As for the community service, we can figure something out.

Yui, Neph, just do what you do, bandits are out for blood.

Aaaand the Tavern. Anyone who is in the Tavern can fight the Knight. It’s extremely strong and durable, and can not be toppled easily. Keep in mind that NO ONE PERSON CAN BEAT IT. I will post in the OOC whenever it gets attacked and explain just how much damage it takes, and how it responds, so people can respond to that without me constantly posting in the IC.

Archived