[Sakura 23K] Fêngxînglán the Gale Dragon

gqj6anu.jpg

1 Tuner + 1 or more non-Tuner monsters
When this card is Special Summoned: Target 1 monster your opponent controls; halve its ATK/DEF. If this card attacks: You can discard 1 card, and if you do, this card is unaffected by your opponent's card effects until the end of the Battle Phase. During the End Phase, if this card is in your Graveyard: You can pay 1000 LP; Special Summon this card. You can only activate 1 "Fengxinglan the Gale Dragon" effect per turn, and only once that turn.

[spoiler=V1]

zd0vzuM.jpg

1 Tuner + 1 or more non-Tuner monsters
When this card is Synchro Summoned: Halve the ATK of all monsters your opponent controls. If this card attacks: You can discard 1 card, and if you do, this card is unaffected by your opponent's card effects until the end of the Battle Phase. During the End Phase, if this card is in your Graveyard: You can pay 800 LP; Special Summon this card. You can only control 1 "Fengxinglan the Gale Dragon".
[/spoiler]

CHANGE LOG

[spoiler=V1 to V2]

• Changed its last effect to be a hard OPT.
  • 1st effect is changed to when it Special Summons, but only hits 1 monster instead.

[/spoiler]

----

Another 1000-marker reached; goes to show you how long I've been here + my activity level.

And yeah, I've been lazy on updating my archive of cards lately in signature; I might move it to an archive thread or something with links.

By now, you know how things work. Every 1,000 post milestone, I post a card in CC that fits (generally a boss monster).

----

This time, I designed a new Level 7 Synchro for generic usage.

First effect is themed after Elemental HERO Great Tornado, except I only had this card slash the ATK.

With that in mind, this won't hurt stuff like Superheavies or whatever fights in Defense Position, but lately I haven't heard of them doing anything significant.

Second one allows you to ditch a card and allow it to strike unhindered by your opponent's effects (which may help it avoid Mirror Force and its new version, among other backrow and stuff like that).

Third effect is revival, although you will need an ample amount of LP if you want to revive it.

In a way, think of it like Stardust, except with a LP payment but without any trigger conditions (if it's in your grave + you properly summoned it; you can bring it back).

Last effect basically says that you can't control more than one of this card; because due to being Level 7, certain Decks are capable of spamming multiples of it.

Although I did consider just putting a hard OPT on its effects, and you can play multiples if you so choose to.

For its stats, 2500/2100 is about standard for a Level 7.

That being said, there are some other generic Synchros that pass it; like Yazi and Dark Strike Fighter.

----

In case you need a translation note, Fêngxînglán is rough Chinese romanization for Fēng xīng lóng (風星龍), or "gale star dragon".

Picture done by me, although render credit goes to Yin.

----

CnC, fix my OCG, etc.

Reps will be provided to those of you who give proper reviews.

I personally think you can change the first effect to when Special Summoned and put a Hard OPT clause on it and it still would be a pretty balanced card.

That aside, It is still a pretty balanced card that is a better Stareater BP effect with little cost and can help in a mid-late game push.

Suppose it's bump time.

Update log is above.

Has a hard OPT instead of just controlling 1 of this card.

First effect got nerfed a bit, since you can revive it with effect 3 (only cuts 1 monster instead of punching out your opponent's entire field). 

LP for revival raised to 1000, although certain Decks probably will not care about the cost. 

Need to make sure it's reasonable enough, while not having an absurd cost to bring it back.

Archived