[Written] Dwarf Archetype (13/13)

Atypical-Abbie

Dwarf is an Archetype of Warrior-Type/EARTH Level 2-3 monsters that focus on using Spell/Trap Cards, similar to that of Fire Fist. Each monster has a Spell/Trap that is tied to that monster, and generally supports that monster the most, though all cards can be used with the monsters. They also have a Synchro Monster as well, which is their boss monster.

Main Deck Monsters:

Dwarf Miner
Warrior-Type/EARTH/Tuner
Level 2
If you control a "Dwarf" Spell/Trap Card, you can Special Summon this card (from your hand). You can only Special Summon "Dwarf Miner" once per turn this way. If Summoned this way: Shuffle 1 "Dwarf" Spell/Trap Card you control into the Deck.
600/1000

Dwarf Builder
Warrior-Type/EARTH
Level 3
When this card is Normal Summoned, if you control no "Dwarf" Spell/Trap Cards: You can activate 1 "Dwarf" Spell/Trap Card directly from your Deck. Once per turn, if you Special Summon 1 "Dwarf" monster: You can target 1 "Dwarf" Spell/Trap Card in your Graveyard; shuffle that target into your Deck, then draw 1 card. This card must be face-up up the field to activate and to resolve this effect.
1300/1000

Dwarf Knight
Warrior-Type/EARTH
Level 3
You can only activate this effect of "Dwarf Knight" once per turn. You can send 1 "Dwarf" Spell/Trap Card you control to the Graveyard, then activate 1 of these effects;
● Special Summon 1 "Dwarf" monster from your hand or Graveyard.
● All "Dwarf" monsters you control gain 1000 ATK until the end of the turn.
1500/1000

Dwarf Farmer
Warrior-Type/EARTH
Level 3
You can send 1 "Dwarf" Spell/Trap Card you control to the Graveyard, then target 1 "Dwarf" Spell/Trap Card in your Graveyard; add that target to your hand. You can discard 1 "Dwarf" monster; add 1 "Dwarf" Spell/Trap Card from your Deck to your hand. You can only each effect of "Dwarf Farmer" once per turn.
1100/1000

Dwarf Hunter
Warrior-Type/EARTH
Level 3
If this card is destroyed by battle and sent to the Graveyard: You can activate 1 "Dwarf" Spell/Trap Card from your hand or Graveyard. If this card leaves the field by a card effect or because it was used as a Synchro Material: You can activate 1 "Dwarf" Spell/Trap Card directly from your Deck. You can only use 1 effect of "Dwarf Farmer" per turn, and only once that turn.  
1400/1000

Extra Deck Monsters:

Dwarf Priest
Warrior-Type/EARTH/Synchro
Level 5
1 Tuner + 1 or more non-Tuner "Dwarf" monsters
If this card is Synchro Summoned: Activate 1 "Dwarf Church" from your hand or Deck. If this card inflicts battle damage to your opponent: You can Special Summon 1 "Dwarf" monster from your Deck whose ATK is less than or equal to the damage this card inflicted. You must control a "Dwarf" Spell/Trap Card to activate and to resolve this effect. You can only use this effect of "Dwarf Priest" once per turn.
2300/1000

Dwarf Outcast

Warrior-Type/EARTH/Xyz

Rank 3

2 Level 3 "Dwarf" monsters

Your opponent cannot target "Dwarf" Spell/Trap Cards with effects while this card has Xyz Material. Once per turn, during either player's turn: You can detach 1 Xyz Material from this card, then target 1 other "Dwarf" monster you control; it gains ATK equal to the ATK of the detached monster in the Graveyard until the end of this turn.

2000/1000

Spell/Trap Cards:

Dwarf Mine
Continuous Spell Card
When you Special Summon 1 "Dwarf" monster: You can target 1 "Dwarf" monster in your Graveyard; add that target to your hand. You can only use this effect of "Dwarf Mine" once per turn.

Dwarf House
Continuous Spell Card
When this card is activated: You can target 1 "Dwarf" monster you control; add 1 "Dwarf" monster with a different name than that target from your Deck to your hand. "Dwarf" monsters you control cannot be targeted by your opponent's Spell/Trap effects. You can only activate 1 "Dwarf House" per turn.

Dwarf Castle
Continuous Spell Card
"Dwarf" monsters you control gain 200 ATK and DEF for each "Dwarf" Spell/Trap Card you control with a different name. If a "Dwarf" monster(s) you control would be destroyed by battle or card effect, you can destroy this card instead.

Dwarf Barn
Continuous Trap Card
Once per turn: You can banish 1 "Dwarf" monster from your hand or Graveyard, then target 1 "Dwarf" monster you control; until the end of this turn, that target gains the banished monster's effects. While you control a "Dwarf" monster, other "Dwarf" Spell/Trap Cards cannot be destroyed by your opponent's card effects.

Dwarf Hut
Continuous Trap Card
Once per turn: You can target 1 "Dwarf" monster you control and 1 monster your opponent controls; return both those targets to the hand. The effects of "Dwarf" cards you control cannot be negated by your opponent's card effects. You can only activate 1 "Dwarf Hut" per turn.

Dwarf Church
Field Spell Card
When this card is activated: You can destroy all other "Dwarf" Spell/Trap Cards you control, then inflict 500 damage to your opponent for each card destroyed, and if you do, you can destroy Spell/Trap Cards your opponent controls up to the number of cards destroyed. When a "Dwarf" monster attacks, your opponent cannot activate cards or effects until the end of the Damage Step. While you control "Dwarf Priest", this card cannot be targeted by your opponent's card effects.

Well... The spells and traps look so Insane, too much plus for the deck if your let me say
Your have the idea, but the effects are just plus over plus over plus
Your would kill your opponnt and still have 5 on hand and Spell/Traps to actiate
I really recomend to nerf those Spells

Well... The spells and traps look so Insane, too much plus for the deck if your let me say
Your have the idea, but the effects are just plus over plus over plus
Your would kill your opponnt and still have 5 on hand and Spell/Traps to actiate
I really recomend to nerf those Spells

What about them are so poweful exactly? Why do you think they are broken, what breaks them?

They give a lot of field control and hand adventage, and the deck by itself is fast with just monsters

even more, the field spell is a Heavy Storm + Burn damage, and thats not something good~

also, Activating the traps directly from the deck? even Fire Fists had to set it before and at least for 1 turn

the monsters are good and the Synch is nice, but the Spells and Traps are kinda OP for the playstyle

They give a lot of field control and hand adventage, and the deck by itself is fast with just monsters

even more, the field spell is a Heavy Storm + Burn damage, and thats not something good~

also, Activating the traps directly from the deck? even Fire Fists had to set it before and at least for 1 turn

the monsters are good and the Synch is nice, but the Spells and Traps are kinda OP for the playstyle

Eh, compared to Konami and other people's DP Archetypes, this isn't really anything special. I am keeping them as they are.

Sorry about that.

Anyway, I think the idea is ok, they seem pretty standard and fairly balanced but I'm not the best at finding combos so I may of missed some tactics. Although Church, Castle, House and Hut can make your monsters pretty well protected, they lack much in the ATK department without Knight and Castle. They look quite effective at swarming and getting a powerful field, but they are VERY weak to cards that negate the effects/activation of Spells/Traps and cards that prevent Special Summoning. All in all I would say a reasonable job.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived