Dragon Ball Super

http://www.crunchyroll.com/anime-news/2015/04/28/toei-animation-begins-production-on-dragon-ball-super-tv-anime

Toei Animation has announced production on Dragon Ball Super (Japanese title; tentative for English release), the first all-new Dragon Ball television series to be released in 18 years. Reuniting the franchise’s iconic characters, Dragon Ball Super will follow the aftermath of Goku’s fierce battle with Majin Buu, as he attempts to maintain earth’s fragile peace. Overseen by Dragon Ball’s original creator, Akira Toriyama, and produced with Fuji Television, Dragon Ball Super promises to draw on its historic past to create a "bold, new universe welcoming to fans and endearing to new viewers."

• Replies 171
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm really excited for this. I like what they've been doing with these past couple movies, but having a full new series is fantastic. My only worry is that this new series won't be evolved any from Z, because we can pretty much all agree it had good action but many other aspects were lacking, and it's generally regarded so highly because of nostalgia.

Also, let's just push GT further and further into non-canonity.

I love the sound of this series but I am equally as worried. I just know there is going to be filler where Goku has to fight Frieza and or Cell all over again. They did it in GT and they will do it here. However much I like Frieza and Cell, they get really boring when they are constantly rehashed. No I am not referring to Revival of F. 

SO MUCH HYPE.

Hopefully, it will be more than just Goku/Vegeta focus.

At least get Piccolo/Gohan back in on the action.

Same, it'd be cool if Krillin and the other Earthlings were able to keep up too. 

I love the sound of this series but I am equally as worried. I just know there is going to be filler where Goku has to fight Frieza and or Cell all over again. They did it in GT and they will do it here. However much I like Frieza and Cell, they get really boring when they are constantly rehashed. No I am not referring to Revival of F. 

Who says they have to do that?

GT wasn't written by Toriyama, and I feel like Toriyama will want to try something new with his universe instead of doing the same stuff he did before. Sure, bringing Freeza in for a movie after being gone for so long is fun, but for a series concept? He'll most likely be going off into territory set up by Battle of the Gods.

Knowing Toriyama, and knowing it ain't a movie, most likely not.

See, heres the thing. The reasons fights had to drag was because they kept catching up to the anime and putting filler randomly into the story is not very good. Since this is all original stuff I'm assuming this will be at a minimum.

I am also worried about the quality, but with Toriyama behind it, I'll keep faith.

See, heres the thing. The reasons fights had to drag was because they kept catching up to the anime and putting filler randomly into the story is not very good. Since this is all original stuff I'm assuming this will be at a minimum.

I am also worried about the quality, but with Toriyama behind it, I'll keep faith.

Tbh, I never cared for the filler. Hell, I found it pretty interesting.

• 2 months later...

The OP's pretty alright but it ain't Cha-la Head Cha-la.

Nothing will beat the nostalgic Cha-la Head Cha-la . . .

Really weird they haven't announced the simulcast airings. Can't be good for them to have people to run to illegal sources for this instead of Crunchyroll and the like.

Well it did air in Japan YESTERDAY so . . .

Well it did air in Japan YESTERDAY so . . .

Thing is most anime now gets simulcast and DB is a HUGE property so not having it up is a telling sign. Even if most of that is behind a paywall you know it goes free after a week and people are more willing to wait it out when they know when it will be made available. Us not knowing is going to drive the people that wait to the illegal sites which isn't what Funi and the like want.

Archived