Dragon Ball Super

• Replies 171
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Nope, still can't get used to King Kai's Japanese voice.

Also, dafuq is up with the art all of a sudden?

You mean with the bolded lines for certain close-ups?

Yeah, that was odd. I don't think it's necessarily bad, but it was jarring for sure.

Maybe that was related to why the episode was delayed a week? And/or this is just a one-off incident like Gurren Lagann episode 4. Guess we'll find out next week.

The internet seems to be lashing out at those scenes in particular.

But it's hard to be mad at Toei specifically because it's more the fault of the state of the industry than the individual studio. Most animators are freelancers who do work for several different studios, constantly busy with work since they don't make much money from it. So that means even mediocre animators are getting a lot of work, plus they can't really learn from veterans because they don't have the time to teach anyone. And what ultimately matters more than anything is having something to put on screen in time for the showing with some episodes only being finished a few hours before airing.

So hopefully this was a rare hiccup.

I'm actually liking this a lot better than the movie. Beerus is so much more badass at this pace, especially during that last episode.

[spoiler=Ep 6]I was totally expecting the wasabi to be the demise of the solar system. That part threw me off.

Also, I'm kinda glad Beerus took care of Buu, cause man, that blob is one selfish funker. You can't share a single shot of pudding with a God of Destruction? Jeez.

But that backstory involving Vegeta's dad, though...

Eh, I wish it was a little faster, but oh well. The BoG arc should end at like episode 9 or so which isn't too long to spend retelling the movie.

New manga chapter came out today, good fight between Vegeta and Beerus.

I just like the little additions to the manga- basically everything else with Champa-sama.

And I must admit, it took me until now to realize Berrus and Champa's food name puns.

• 2 months later...

Dragon Ball Super... It's just a copy and pasted version of the Battle of Gods movie. 

I mean if this stuff happened in the manga or something, why did they need to put it both into episodes and a movie? I'm only on episode 5. Seems pretty dumb so far.

It is changing things up and showing different characters in different lights. Episode 14 and 15 are amazing character episodes to.

Seeing Vegeta like this is just... I dunno. It's not like him at all.

Though I will say that seeing Whis in a serious fight is one thing if not the ONLY thing I wanna see in this series.

Seeing him trying anything to get training to get Super Saiyan God without the others?

... Right.

Also, now that we know Whis is NOT the strongest... yeah, I wanna see this to.

I'm watching a sheet load of older episodes (mostly from the android saga). I'm just thinking how stupid this show actually is. Lol

I love this show, but it is pretty stupid. They just go by the logic of who has the highest power level. You don't even need to really know how to fight. All you need is a higher power level. 

Am I the only one who thinks that's completely stupid?

I'm watching a s*** load of older episodes (mostly from the android saga). I'm just thinking how stupid this show actually is. Lol

I love this show, but it is pretty stupid. They just go by the logic of who has the highest power level. You don't even need to really know how to fight. All you need is a higher power level. 

Nothing stupid about realizing an assault rifle does less damage than a tank's cannon.

Nothing stupid about realizing an assault rifle does less damage than a tank's cannon.

Or how about the fact that you can shoot your opponent with a tank's cannon and it does nothing. Then you asspull a power up that sends your level only 1 stage above your opponent's. The assault rifle has become deadly and the tank cannon destroys worlds. 

I'm watching a s*** load of older episodes (mostly from the android saga). I'm just thinking how stupid this show actually is. Lol

I will admit, I really miss how the original was about skills and technique, but the power level thing is actually something they point out is NOT needed. Think about it, how many times were the heroes underestimated because their 'power level' was lower?

The Cell Saga actually showed a 'higher power level' isn't necessarily the best thing. Remember Ultra Saiyan? That was about on par with Super Saiyan 2 with power, but it couldn't defeat Cell. 

I will admit, I really miss how the original was about skills and technique, but the power level thing is actually something they point out is NOT needed. Think about it, how many times were the heroes underestimated because their 'power level' was lower?

The Cell Saga actually showed a 'higher power level' isn't necessarily the best thing. Remember Ultra Saiyan? That was about on par with Super Saiyan 2 with power, but it couldn't defeat Cell. 

I'm not following you. What are you getting at? 

Archived