Change in Signature Rule

Aix

A slight update to the rule on signature size because previously it was measured in inches which varies depending on the screen. Now it's based on pixels. Feel free to discuss if there should be further changes to the rule.

Don't make your signature too big.

The absolute maximum allowed signature size on YCM is 650 px in height. At 650 px, it more or less covers the entire browser page on a typical laptop screen. If your signature is found to be too big, a mod is free to edit to make it smaller. To err on the safe side, please keep your signature 600 px in height or less.

If you have a large signature, try placing it in spoiler tags.

Any way to measure non-images when it comes to signatures?

But yeah, this change is definitely welcome. Iirc mine is at 700 px atm, I'll resize it as soon as I arrive home from holiday.

Yours is actually fine, at least on my screen.

I just use Ctrl+PrtSc and then measure it in Paint or some image editing software. For those who can't do that or are too lazy to, just try to make your signature on the small size for a margin of safety. Smaller sigs are better. Like mine :>

Though, for mods editing sigs, just dump everything into a spoiler rather than doing something like outright removing the sig.

Personally, I still think that's too big.

Yeah, I made this initial restriction quite large to avoid complaints. This is also as big as we should ever go. We can discuss and vote if a smaller signature limit should be in place.

I know the signature wall that I have now (you know those 6 anime tags) are 460 px in height (150 for the top and bottom; 160 for the middle)

As for the other stuff, just text.

Then again, I have a 21-inch screen at home; but that shouldn't make a difference.

(Rest of my sig is huge, but it's in spoiler tags so click at your leisure)

---

In terms of any resizing, they'll be in spoiler tags.

Normally, I'll PM the member to let them know.

Your sis isn't scot-free either with that image of theirs; just keep that in mind.

Although they're going to resize it eventually, as they mentioned.

Yeah, my sig is rather big, but that's why the majority of it sits in a spoiler tag (so you don't have to scroll the heck down).

Only things that show are my tags (and the names of said spoilers).

Anyway, the 650px max limit should be fine as is (visible).

Everything else can go into a spoiler tag.

Yeah. Sorry Sakura but your Sig is WAY too big. I have to scroll my whole screen TWICE just to get past it. I suggest having one or two of those Animated Gifs and Rotate them on occasion. Also the Animation makes my PC a bit laggy too. 

I just use Ctrl+PrtSc and then measure it in Paint or some image editing software. For those who can't do that or are too lazy to, just try to make your signature on the small size for a margin of safety. Smaller sigs are better. Like mine :>

Apologies if this is a poor place to do so, but I thought I could give a tip for Chrome users when it comes to measuring pixels

(in the event that just making it small cant be done, for whatever reason). There's a extension for Chrome called "Page Ruler".

Select an area on any page/image, and it'll give you a (to my knowledge) accurate pixel count quick and easy, so there's no need to go into paint with screenshots.

While mine isnt anywhere near breaking the limit atm, I'll make sure to remeasure once the intended uppdates are done.

Apologies if this is a poor place to do so, but I thought I could give a tip for Chrome users when it comes to measuring pixels

(in the event that just making it small cant be done, for whatever reason). There's a extension for Chrome called "Page Ruler".

Select an area on any page/image, and it'll give you a (to my knowledge) accurate pixel count quick and easy.

While mine isnt anywhere near breaking the limit atm, I'll make sure to remeasure once the intended uppdates are done.

Your Sig is more like 150-200 Pixels if that so you are fine. The Mod Team recently resized the Main Image of my Sig but I was just fine with it as it still looked nice. I am sure they will do the same to any Sig that does not adhere to the rules and not issue Warnings and the like.

Select an area on any page/image, and it'll give you a (to my knowledge) accurate pixel count quick and easy.

You can also click he image to bring it up in a new tab where it gives you the dimensions in parenthesis.

Unless that's what the Page Ruler is.

You can also click he image to bring it up in a new tab where it gives you the dimensions in parenthesis.

Unless that's what the Page Ruler is.

In essence, I suppose it is (except not a sepparate tab), since it's still a corner to corner measurement but you select where to measure from.

Gotta admit I never noticed that before, but left the tip about Page Ruler since it allows you to measure everything in one go instead of just the individual images.

Me mentioning the usage on images werent as much intended for their entire size, but the size of specific elements in said image.

Your Sig is more like 150-200 Pixels if that so you are fine.

Hence me saying that at the moment, it's fine :P
Planning to do some rather heavy uppdates on it when I find the time and energy.

You guys can have large signatures/images, but just keep it in a spoiler so it doesn't cause page lag and stuff.

And like I noted earlier, if I do have to fix your signature, I'll generally PM you about the change.

No warn point increases, unless you post something inappropriate in your sig or give back talk about it.

(I don't foresee this to occur however)

Archived