[ANIME] Violet Flash

200px-VioletFlash-JP-Anime-AV.png

Apply these effects until the end of this turn.
● Your opponent cannot activate Spell/Trap Cards in response to the activation of your "Polymerization" and "Fusion" cards.
● Once per turn, if you Fusion Summon a monster: Draw 1 card.

---

So basically, Fusion Summons are now Spell Speed 4 (you can't trigger anything) and you can draw from a Fusion.

Anyway, discuss.

(Keep in mind this is stuff from the Wikia; I've not watched the episode yet since at this time, not available)

I'm guessing they sort of learned their lesson from Super Polymerization (then again, it has its own SS4 clause so it wouldn't need this one [as in the SS4 protection]).

But this one allows you to do multiple Fusion Summons and not worry about the opponent negating them; assuming you use a Fusion/Polymerization card.

They are really pushing Fusion Summoning to be one of the better Summoning methods again. Being able to Draw a card each time a Fusion happens though is overkill. I am expecting at least a +1 or +2 if you run a dedicated Fusion Deck wit ways to get back your Polys and stuff.

Disregard the Striked text above. I do like the fact that your Polymerization plays are safe for the turn though.

Monster effects can still be activated in response. 

This... is actually quite important. Maxx "C", Infinity etc. can all be chained. 

Other than that, the card seems pretty solid in decks that Fusion Summon multiple times per turn. Could make Shaddoll's Tellarknight matchup better. A lot of the time I think it would be a dead draw or overkill, though.

This actually looks like it'd be killer useful in Frightfurs, namely to help your pushes for game. It'd be especially good in the combo I generally use in the deck.

Projected idea:

Get Scissors and Chain in hand, as well as Fluffal Cat or Frightfur Factory; Not very hard to do, especially if you run Magical Hats to pop your Vendors like I do.

Play this.

Fuse into Tiger using Cat, pop a bunch of crap, draw from this, and use Cat to grab back Poly or play Factory.

Fuse for Sheep.

Use Chain's effect to grab Frightfur Fusion.

Use that to go into Wolf.

Wreck face.

This just gives that some extra security and a draw in case they DO manage to botch it for you. Stops Warning plays, so that's amazing right there.

In all essence, this just makes Shaddoll Fusion and El Shaddoll Fusion even more stupid.

No thanks.

Would Shaddolls even use this? It prevents you from responding to the Fusion card itself, but it doesn't save the Fusion Monster.  It also doesn't stop monster effects.

I don't know, but it seems to be more useful for weaker Fusion decks to me.

Would Shaddolls even use this? It prevents you from responding to the Fusion card itself, but it doesn't save the Fusion Monster.  It also doesn't stop monster effects.

I don't know, but it seems to be more useful for weaker Fusion decks to me.

that extra +1 draw for fusing alone makes it worth it. The "lolno warning/scolding" is just icing.

Archived