[Archetype] Archfiends (Wave 1) - The Pandemonium Tower

Unlike most direct archetypal support, this wasn't ever meant to be Archfiend support. It just so happened to come out that way, so I adjusted it to such after I began to appreciate what it gave to the Deck, in addition to the benefit of making these flexible. Regardless, these are more meant to be a collection of cards with the intention of making a selection of Fiend bosses more accessible, and giving a bit of range for Deck building. Your main get-go will primarily be boss rush, dropping cards like Archfiend's own Empress and First Lord of Horror, Xyz such as Contellar Ptolemy M7, and occasionally other options depending on your build, which Avatar and Spy let you adjust accordingly. It's interesting to see the range of cards and I would love to see other people try to build off of this to make some of the underrated Fiend bosses much more viable as ws originally intended with the cards.

As always, CnC is appreciated

[Spoiler Monsters]
[Spoiler Archfiend Avatar]
bfRTIbn.png
When this card is Special Summoned, you can add 1 DARK Fiend-Type monster with 1600 or more DEF from your Deck to your hand, but you cannot Special Summon that monster or monsters with the same name for the rest of the turn. You can only activate this effect of "Archfiend Avatar" once per turn.
[/spoiler]
[Spoiler Archfiend's Spy]
rppgqd8.png
When this card is destroyed (by battle or by card effect); you can Special Summon one DARK Fiend-Type monster with 1500 or less DEF from your Deck. If this card is sent from the hand or field to the Graveyard; you can Special Summon 1 DARK Fiend-Type monster with 1500 DEF or less from your Deck. You must control a face-up "Pandemonium" to activate and resolve this effect. You can only use 1 effect of "Archfiend's Spy" per turn, and only once that turn.
[/spoiler]
[Spoiler Dominima DeVille]
OJlXJp2.png
If your opponent controls a monster and you control no monsters, you can discard this card, then target 1 Level 4 or lower DARK Fiend-Type monster in your Graveyard; Special Summon that target. If you control a face-up "Pandemonium". you can target 1 Level 6 or higher DARK Fiend-Type monster instead. You can only activate this effect of "Domina DeVille" once per turn.
[/spoiler]
[Spoiler Kuma Daku, Archfiend Absolute]
MdufWYk.png
[/spoiler]
[/spoiler]

[Spoiler Spells]
[Spoiler Pandemonium Tower]
HRvxLpj.png
[/spoiler]
[Spoiler Archfiend Garden]
kLLuOfo.png
When a Fiend-Type monster is Tributed for the Tribute Summon of a Fiend-Type monster, you can send 1 Fiend-Type monster from your Deck to the Graveyard, then target 1 Fiend-Type monster in your Graveyard; shuffle that target into the Deck. You can select and activate one of the following effects. You can only activate this effect of "Archfiend Garden" once per turn.:
● Fusion Summon 1 Fiend-Type Fusion Monster from your Extra Deck, using monsters from your hand or your side of the field as Fusion Materials.
● Target 1 Fiend-Type monster you control; that target becomes a Tuner until the End Phase.
● Target 2 Fiend-Type monster you control; the second target becomes the Level of the first target until the End Phase.
[/spoiler]
[/spoiler]

i really see the deck in a good Spam if you manage to get a nice field precence for tribute summon, so i agree with Mali and Zephyrus~
is the first time i see an extra normal doesnt really affect that bad a deck xD

Eh, Mali wouldn't be a huge thing specifically in the build I run outside of Beyond the Hope plays, but Zephyros is staple no matter what you run in this...... Archetype. And what do you mean? Are you trying to say it's the first time that an Extra Normal Summon hasn't got out of hand?

Eh, Mali wouldn't be a huge thing specifically in the build I run outside of Beyond the Hope plays, but Zephyros is staple no matter what you run in this...... Archetype. And what do you mean? Are you trying to say it's the first time that an Extra Normal Summon hasn't got out of hand?

what about this then? Add an eff to the field to make all monster on your side to Fiend-Type, like Zombie World does! isnt that bad and can abuse a little more w/o going out of control

also, yes, thats exactly what i meant xD

what about this then? Add an eff to the field to make all monster on your side to Fiend-Type, like Zombie World does! isnt that bad and can abuse a little more w/o going out of control
also, yes, thats exactly what i meant xD

It's not as much the Typing as it is you don't have a reason to keep on going off. It doesn't sound bad, especially with Tower, but I would have to run more 1 Tribute monsters before I consider such. And yeah, I tried to be careful with the Tensu effect. I made it so it made the higher level monsters more practical, but not abusive with the lower level monsters

It's not as much the Typing as it is you don't have a reason to keep on going off. It doesn't sound bad, especially with Tower, but I would have to run more 1 Tribute monsters before I consider such. And yeah, I tried to be careful with the Tensu effect. I made it so it made the higher level monsters more practical, but not abusive with the lower level monsters

why? it just do second and 3rd effect of offering more smooth with outer support than Fiends

as we said, mali, zephy, arma and stuff can still be target to those effects

why? it just do second and 3rd effect of offering more smooth with outer support than Fiends
as we said, mali, zephy, arma and stuff can still be target to those effects

Oh for those........ That would be a thing. Idk. I could just in general make the Synchro and Xyz effects apply to DARKs, but I would have to see how it works. Testing will be a key thing, because the entire build would be changed to being mostly one tribute monsters aside from Hunter

Oh for those........ That would be a thing. Idk. I could just in general make the Synchro and Xyz effects apply to DARKs, but I would have to see how it works. Testing will be a key thing, because the entire build would be changed to being mostly one tribute monsters aside from Hunter

nope, just would make some space to add the mali and then start to spamm the field with more ease

anyway, the Spy > Anubis is tooooo good xD

nope, just would make some space to add the mali and then start to spamm the field with more ease

anyway, the Spy > Anubis is tooooo good xD

Spy->Anubis is certainly good, but at a point it becomes predictable. In fact, that's the same reason why Mazera DeVille isn't insane in this Deck. You know they are gonna do it, so you set the MST to take out Pandemonium. You know they will go into Anubis, so you make Castel or Dark Rebellion Xyz Dragon (Or in your case, Starleige Paladynamo) to shut it down. There's really only so many plays you can make, but this may just be me being a veteran in the game.

I'm not interested in too much spam though, it's more meant to be a control Deck. Think of it like Monarchs, you react to your opponent's plays and summon the Tribute Monster accordingly to deal with a threat or a specific matchup. I.E. Chaos Hunter vs Syntheticals

I'm not interested in too much spam though, it's more meant to be a control Deck. Think of it like Monarchs, you react to your opponent's plays and summon the Tribute Monster accordingly to deal with a threat or a specific matchup. I.E. Chaos Hunter vs Syntheticals

even monarchs spams...

really, they do...

and sometimes is just... creepy...

is a Heavy Deck with a lot of speed and defence...

only burn dmg can do something to them w/o loosing too much card adventage or resourses

even monarchs spams...

really, they do...

and sometimes is just... creepy...

is a Heavy Deck with a lot of speed and defence...

only burn dmg can do something to them w/o loosing too much card adventage or resourses

That sounds like Qli you are describing XD (Unless you are describing Formula Monarchs from back in the day, for which I will absolutely agree) But really, I guess there is some truth to that with the Vassals, but it's actually much more costly to do so, and with this it would be more or less just Normal Summon Armageddon Knight or Dark Grepher and play Tower and you have the potential to go off. This isn't Monarchs tho so idk

monarch do the same thing...
try to attack and they summon, also there is the Frroggy in grave..
so basically is a once per turn Tribute summon

They don't really have Extra Deck plays tho, this would allow for chains of Rank 6 and tribute fodder plays. I.E. Arma for Mali, banish Mali for Mali, tribute for Level 6, banish Mali for Mali, Offerings Arma and Mali for M7. That's really strong

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Dayuum... Who thought that Pandemonium Archfiends will be a meta someday :3
GREAT JOB BUDDY !! ^^

Well, I wouldn't quite say Pandemonium Archfiends, those need a lot more help than I would be willing to put in effort to doing XD That being said, the Archfiends that were accidentally supported here (That I have now been working with during the tournament) have been so close to making the top cut on so many occasions now have a Tier 2 spot in DP with this stuff.

That being said, I'm going to give a final bump to this stuff with a few good changes and moving DeVeyes to my generic pool. Working on a second wave of cards that support Archfiends a bit more directly, and thus will be closing these, outside of maybe an artwork change.

Archived