Fire Emblem: Alter [OOC/Temporarily Not Accepting] [PG-16] [Co-hosted by Sethera and Lord CowCow]

Controlling another person's character without express permission is called powerplaying, and is in fact frowned upon in most societies.

Ways to get around it include asking fellow RPers through OOC/PM/skype about it as you mentioned, and cowriting a single post.

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thank you for the clarification. I will make sure I do not lead other characters, and only write actions and dialogue for my own character.

EDIT: An idea that only just occurred to me is that if a scene would require odd writing in order to get around this rule, both people could communicate on their own and decide on their character actions beforehand, allowing for both posts to be written without dancing around the issue of only writing one's own character.

I actually do this a lot with some people when they ask for a help : o

Hmm. Sorry about the wait, but it's a little tricky for my aid party to enter. That said, I should be able to post and add my second app later. My second character is actually travelling with Alessa, so there should be no problem integrating her. I suppose I'll have the aid party just arriving in Flanoir after helping some other small village on the way... that way they'll unwittingly get caught up in the battle to come, with any luck. Should that work?

Posted. I always feel like I should post a lot more for Asher, but there's so little going on for him right now that I can never think of things ^^" That should change when the two groups combine though.

Oh and Gamemaster if you want Alessa o meet up with Emil this chapter then now is probably the best time for that.

I'm starting to wonder just how many people aren't keeping up with the game. I mean, it looks like most people are posting fine, but it still feels slow, like we're waiting on a few people. I know Nightwind hasn't even shown up in 4 days, so I'm wondering if we should even wait on him, if he isn't going to show up.

...I could have sworn I posted my app here yesterday. o_o;;

Well, here it is. I was gonna try and integrate them later. I figure if there's a lull in the action I can insert them there, or even wait a little longer so they're the equivalent of units you recruit in Chapter 2 or something - hell, if you want, Chapter 2 can be "save the humanitarian aid group from attack!" and they can become your convoy or something. It all depends on what you guys think and where you figure the plot is going. Sorry again for lagging so much.

[spoiler=Letitia Sciente]

*see my other comments on headshots*

"If that much escapes you… then you truly are as foolish as I thought."

Name: Letitia Sciente

Race: Human

Class: Mage

Country of Origin: Bandore

Inventory: Fire (40/40), Thunder (35/35), Vulnerary (3/3)

[spoiler=Personality]Letitia is probably smarter than you, and she’s well aware of that. She’s not arrogant per se – she lacks the desire for dominance that attends true arrogance. She can, however, seem terribly superior to strangers and acquaintances. Her words are sharp and sure; she never seems to miss a beat in conversation; she’s always ready with another quip, another apothegm. The truth is that Letitia is actually quite contemplative and self-critical. She likes to chase herself in mental circles, constantly questioning herself, her morals, and the world around her. There’s no question that she really is wilful and severe, but she is also a surprisingly wise thinker.[/spoiler]

[spoiler=Appearance]Letitia is neither tall nor short. She is graceful, with long, thin fingers and delicate legs. She’s surprisingly quick on her feet, dodging almost intuitively in catlike leaps. Her usual stride, however, is calm and purposeful. Her body, slender and moderately curved, is untrained in physical activity and too weak to stomach much beyond long-term horseback riding. Her deep purple hair runs in waves down to her shoulderblades, framing her pale, heart-shaped face, with its thin nose and thin lips. Her eyes are purple as well, darting about in quick, decisive movements, cutting like knives.

Her most heavily enchanted robes are a distinctive scarlet; she usually wears them over a mid-length dress in some coordinated colour, such as blue or violet. Of course, if she isn’t performing magic, she’ll wear other clothing more suited to the occasion.[/spoiler]

[spoiler=Biography]Letitia led a privileged existence. Born to a landed gentleman in Bandore, she grew up in… well, perhaps not luxury, but she certainly never wanted for anything. Rather than toiling away on a farm and starving, she spent her childhood reading, learning, and hiding in a corner. She was a terribly shy child, but a wilful one as well. Once she got an idea into her head it was difficult to coax it out of her. This is why she once dodged a particular closet for a full year, terrified of the non-existent colony of giant evil spiders that lurked inside.

As one may imagine, Letitia didn’t make many friends. A friend had to be gentle enough to coax her out of her shell and patient enough to tolerate her occasional delusions. She had a grand total of one consistent friend throughout her grammar school career. In school, however, Letitia was in her element. Her quick mind excelled with schoolwork, and furthermore, she quickly proved herself an adept with magic.

Her one friend ended up moving to Emerys, and so the adolescent Letitia was left alone. Faced with the scorn of most of her peers, Letitia grew tougher, thornier, more self-critical but also more confident. She developed a taste for witty barbs that she retained, to some extent, into adulthood. Puberty was kind to Letitia (well, as kind as puberty can be), and she grew from a small, eccentric child into a beautiful, confident woman. Learning to manage her thoughts, she proceeded through university with grace and established herself as one of Bandore’s foremost magical prodigies. She did rub some people the wrong way with her irreverence towards the Church. The Church hadn’t really been a part of her childhood, so she tended to brush spirituality aside in favour of more practical concerns. Nonetheless, when certain Church officials offered an invitation for mages, priests, and others to go to Emerys to provide humanitarian aid, Letitia signed on immediately. She’d followed politics since university, criticized Gangala’s new king at every turn, and decried the invasion of Emerys, loudly, to anyone who would hear. Some of her rivals were surprised she’d dirty her hands with such an illegal and dangerous operation, but to Letitia, it was simple ideological consistency. If she didn’t go, she’d be a hypocrite, she wouldn’t deserve her luxury. And there was nothing else to it.[/spoiler]

[/spoiler]

So...are we just sitting around here with our thumbs up our asses? Who are we waiting on to get things going again?

Real life stuff happens, please be aware of that. Take a look at the rest of the RPs, things are a bit slow lately all around but that doesn't mean we won't be back at a later time. ^^

Real life stuff happens, please be aware of that. Take a look at the rest of the RPs, things are a bit slow lately all around but that doesn't mean we won't be back at a later time. ^^

I realize that real life stuff happens, but that didn't answer my question. Who is it that we're waiting on?

I realize that real life stuff happens, but that didn't answer my question. Who is it that we're waiting on?

I believe Yosuke is working on a plot advance post.

s-sorry about the delay in responce I'm at yosukes house for awhile and I sorta distract him and he also has work so it's harder to post h-he says he will have a post soon

Aside from Iashi being here this week I've also been working 7-9 hour shifts for the past week. Between paying attention to my girlfriend and working I've had little time for anything really. I'm off Monday so expect something then.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

People who need to post:

Our almight host

Iashiaya

Hollow

Nightwinds

Skaia

Elly maybe at some point idk.

I understand that you all have your own reasons not to post. Real life gets in the way, waiting on others, etc. But if we don't want this to die we have to figure out a way to keep this going.

If you want to drop out, please inform us in case there is anybody waiting on you.

I would like to find a way to make this RP work.

People who need to post:

Our almight host

Iashiaya

Hollow

Nightwinds

Skaia

Elly maybe at some point idk.

I understand that you all have your own reasons not to post. Real life gets in the way, waiting on others, etc. But if we don't want this to die we have to figure out a way to keep this going.

If you want to drop out, please inform us in case there is anybody waiting on you.

I would like to find a way to make this RP work.

I have very little role in the story atm since I'm a prepromote, so me posting right now will most likely be shitty and redundant.

I have very little role in the story atm since I'm a prepromote, so me posting right now will most likely be shitty and redundant.

Which is why I'm not too worried about you. Tbh I just put you on the list cuz I figured you'd be posting again some point in the future.

Mainly, we need everybody above you to post atm.

Archived