New Magician Fusion Monsters!

The Nyx Avatar

I decided to make new Fusion Monsters for "Dark Magician Girl" and other "Magician" monsters. I'll continue to make more, and let me know what I can improve upon making said cards

[spoiler=Show Spell Cards]

APznLee.jpg

LORE:Fusion Summon 1 "Magician" Fusion Monster from your Extra Deck, using Monsters from your hand, or your side of the field as Fusion Materials. If your opponent controls a monster and you control no monsters: you can also use monsters in your Deck as Fusion Material. If you do, you cannot Summon other monsters this turn.

tVSGesn.jpg

LORE:Add 1 "Magician" monster from your Deck to your hand.

[/spoiler]

[spoiler=Show Fusion Monsters]
RcOQb5r.jpg

LORE:"Magician's Valkyria" + "Dark Magician Girl"
Must first be Fusion Summoned. This card is unaffected by your opponent's Trap effects. Your opponent cannot select another Spellcaster-Type monster you control as an attack target. Once per turn, you can shuffle 1 card your opponent controls to the respective owner's Deck. This card cannot declare an attack the turn you activate this effect.

Ycwpafx.jpg

LORE:1 "Fortune Lady" monster + "Dark Magician Girl"
This card's ATK and DEF are equal to its Level x 400. During each of your Standby Phases, increase the Level of this card by 1 (max 12). Once per turn, you can send 1 card on the field to the Graveyard. Your opponent cannot activate card effects in response to this effects and you cannot declare an attack the turn you activate this effect.

atrf0vU.jpg

LORE:"Breaker the Dark Magical Warrior" + "Dark Magician Girl"
This card cannot be targeted by card effects. If this card is Fusion Summoned: Place 2 Spell Counters on it (max. 2). This card gains 300 ATK for each Spell Counter on it. You can remove 1 Spell Counter from this card, then target 1 Spell/Trap Card on the field; destroy that target.

NamuCw6.jpg

LORE:1 "White Magician Pikeru" or "Princess Pikeru" + 1 LIGHT or DARK "Magician" monster
Must be Fusion Summoned and cannot be Special Summoned by other ways. This card is unaffected by your opponent's card effects. During your Standby Phase, gain 1000 Life Points for each monster you control. When this card is destroyed and sent to the Graveyard, you can Special Summon 1 "Pikeru" monster from your Graveyard with a different name, ignoring the Summoning conditions; a monster Special Summoned by this effect is unaffected by your opponent's card effects.

TrLJoSG.jpg

LORE:"Silent Magician LV8" + 1 LIGHT or DARK "Magician" monster
Must be Fusion Summoned and cannot be Special Summoned by other ways. This card is unaffected by the effects of your opponent's Spell Cards. When this card is destroyed by a card effect: you can destroy all cards on the field. Neither player can activate card effects in the Graveyard in response to this effect's resolution.

62Lm94f.jpg

LORE:"Magician of Black Chaos" + "Dark Magician Girl"
Must be Fusion Summoned and cannot be Special Summoned by other ways. This card gains 300 ATK for every "Dark Magician" or "Magician of Black Chaos" in either player's Graveyard. This card is unaffected by your opponent's Spell/Trap effects. When this card is destroyed: you can add 1 "Magician of Black Chaos" Ritual Monster and 1 "Black Magic Ritual" Spell Card from your Deck or Graveyard to your hand. While this card is in your Graveyard, "Magician of Black Chaos" Ritual Monsters cannot be destroyed by card effects.

lTER2GJ.jpg

LORE:"Buster Blader" + "Dark Magician Girl"
(This card is always treated as a "Magician" monster)
Must be Fusion Summoned and cannot be Special Summoned by other ways. During either player's turn, when a Trap Card is activated: You can banish the top card of your Deck; negate the activation, and if you do, destroy it. This card must be face-up on the field to activate and resolve this effect. This card gains 500 ATK and DEF for every Dragon-Type monster on the field or in either player's Graveyard.

blxqemf.jpg

LORE:1 FIRE monster + "Dark Magician Girl"
Must first be Fusion Summoned. This card is unaffected by your opponent's Spell/Trap effects. This card cannot be destroyed by battle with LIGHT or DARK monsters. Once per turn, you can inflict damage to your opponent equal to the highest ATK monster your opponent controls. This card cannot declare an attack the turn you activate this effect.

1PLbGrK.jpg

LORE:1 LIGHT "Magician" Fusion Monster + 1 DARK "Magician" Fusion Monster
Must be Fusion Summoned and cannot be Special Summoned by other ways. This card is unaffected by your opponent's Spell/Trap Card effects. Neither player can activate card effects during the Battle Phase. Other monsters you control cannot declare an attack. Once per turn: You can pay 1000 Life Points; destroy all other monsters on the field.
[/spoiler]

Hidden Magician Form is pretty legit, though its saving point is its last effect. I like it. This and Timaeus seem pretty even in terms of uses; one doesn't really outclass the other.

Breaker and Valkyrie Magician Girl are pretty legit, both are common monsters used in Spellcaster Decks. Valkyrie is certainly worth playing; a welcomed card. Breaker's effect is okay, its pretty much the original's on a bigger body, but being unable to be targeted makes it just as worth it. Because they require specific materials, they feel balanced. However Fortune Magician Girl is the only card I feel on the fence about. I've never seen DMG in a Fortune lady deck or vice versa, but its effect seems overpowered imo. "Sending" cards to the graveyard is stronger than destroying a card because there's really no protection for that other than stopping your cards from being targeted, and then being unable to stop it? Hmm.

if these were made to be a thing, i could see Pikeru magician doing a lot of damage due to her versatility, but i'll get to that in a bit. for now, what i think of the cards in general ;)

Hidden Magician Form - this one actually seems like it's a little bit stronger than Timaeus in my personal opinion, due to the shadoll fusion effect being a saving grace for versatility and a great topdeck mid-game. it also balances itself out by not letting you summon anything else in general.so all in all, really good, but not too broke.

Valkyrie Magician Girl - again, not something that's completely busted, but not really terrible, either. in todays meta, traps arent something that are main decked, so its first effect is really only something for rouge decks, and even then, it's still good. i also like that you didnt make its shuffle effect 'once during either players turn'. if it was, then the card in general would be completely busted, being a free Pleiades on every one of your opponents turns, but what you got is completely fine :P. also, the "no attacking when you bounce" draw back was good as well for balance, so again, impo, a good card all around.

Fortune Magician Girl - this one is really dicey, but i'd say it's only okay because you cant attack in general the turn it shuffles a card. when i originally read the card, i didnt see that part of the effect and immediately thought this card was too good, because, as asterr said, being able to shuffle for free and not letting your opponent respond to the effect is just too good,

Breaker the Dark Magical Warrior Girl - personally, i think this cards effect is a bit underpoowered. i'd say if it gets fusion summoned, you can put 2 spell counters on it, and if it gets special summoned, it gets 1 spell counter on it, but that's just my opinion, and will most likely stay my opinion.

Master Magician Pikeru - now this card is something that i think has a bit too much versatility. for starters, it is protected by all card effects, so the only ways to get rid of it would have to be by battle or by tributing, and even then, it can be a big threat with 2500 (a lot of monsters might be able to get over that in the metagame, but in my personal opinion, this card grouped with Hidden Magician Form can be pretty nasty to deal with because you can use it to get this card out essentially for free if you go 2nd).not to mention that every turn it stays alive, you gain a huge chunk of lps back for every monster.on the field at that time. that being said, the destruction effect is kinda ridiculous in a different sense of the word because of the 'ignoring summoning conditions' part. to my knowledge, there arent any pikeru monsters that have a specific summoning condition, so i feel that bit is unneeded.

Silent Magician Girl - not much to say about this one except for its last effect. the wording on it is a bit tricky, but i can see what you were going with it, so i'll correct the OCG for you

Magician of Black Chaos Girl - a splendid card all around. i like the support it gives to the ritual monster and how it gives the card utility. the only thing i can say about it is that i think it should be named "Magician Girl of Black Chaos". it just seems to role off the tongue easier.

with all that being said, time for OCG to come in for a bit and fix all them grammar errors i saw :P

Hidden Magician Form (personally would call it "Magician's Hidden Power", but again, just me lol) - Fusion Summon 1 "Magician" Fusion Monster from your Extra Deck, using Monsters from your hand, or your side of the field as Fusion Materials. If your opponent controls a monster and you control no monsters: you can also use monsters in your Deck as Fusion Material. you cannot Summon other monsters the turn you activate this card.

Valkyrie Magician Girl - Must first be Fusion Summoned. This card is unaffected by your opponent's Trap effects. Your opponent cannot select another Spellcaster-Type monsters you control as an attack target. Once per turn, you can shuffle 1 card your opponent controls to the respective owner's Deck. this card cannot declare an attack the turn you activate this effect. (Semi-colon needed to be a period)

Fortune Magician Girl - This card's ATK and DEF are equal to its Level x 400. During each of your Standby Phases, increase the Level of this card by 1 (max 12). Once per turn, you can send 1 card on the field to the Graveyard. your opponent cannot activate cards, or effects in response to this cards effect, and you cannot declare an attack the turn you activate this effect.

Breaker the Dark Magical Warrior Girl & Pikeru Magician Girl - good as is. no need to change the card grammar.

Silent Magician Girl - Must be Fusion Summoned and cannot be Special Summoned by other ways. This card is unaffected by the effects of your opponent's Spell Cards. When this card is destroyed by a card effect: you can destroy all cards on the field. neither player can activate card effects in the graveyard in response to this effects resolution. (this should make it to where any gy effects that would be activated from being destroyed by this effect wont activate. i think that's what you were trying to go for. forgive me if i'm wrong lol)

Magician of Black Chaos Girl - Must be Fusion Summoned and cannot be Special Summoned by other ways. This card gains 300 ATK for every "Dark Magician" or "Magician of Black Chaos" in either player's Graveyard. This card is unaffected by your opponent's Spell/Trap effects. When this card is destroyed: you can add 1 "Magician of Black Chaos" Ritual Monster and 1 "Black Magic Ritual" Spell Card from your Deck or Graveyard to your hand. While this card is in your Graveyard, "Magician of Black Chaos" Ritual Monsters cannot be destroyed by card effects. ( you need colons when you deem a condition for your cards effect, not a comma :P)

hope this was of any help to you, and didnt seem like senseless babbling lol

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

These cards look great!

Keep in mind that you are required to explain your thought process in this section.

Comments like this are vague, and really do not help the member to improve their cards.

We don't expect a collegiate-level essay on the card, but if you think they're good, WHY do you think that?

A simple 3-4 sentences is sufficient, though you may end up writing more than that, depending on how structured your thoughts are.

http://forum.yugiohcardmaker.net/topic/321479-ycm-advanced-cards-designs-rules-updated-852015/

(Please make sure you read these before you post further in this section)

Archived