Number 41: Tunetone the Flute of Djinn (Written)

flowerviolence

EDIT: Attack boost to 2400

Lore: 3 Level 5 Monsters.
You can also Xyz Summon this card by using a "Djinn" Xyz monster you control as Xyz Material. (Xyz Materials on that card become Xyz materials on this card.) This card can attack your opponent directly, but if it does, your opponent takes half the damage during that battle only. Once per turn, during either players turn, you can detach 1 Xyz Material from this card to target 1 "Djinn" Xyz monster you control except "Number 41: Tunetone The Flute of Djinn", it cannot be destroyed by battle or card effects until the end of the turn.

I made this because I wanted to make a number monster not yet made. (Maybe I'm not the first to do 41 but all well.) And I looked up Symphony No. 41 by Mozart. And decided that Djinn Xyz monsters needed a Rank 5 Fire Type monster. Thus Tunetone was born.

Could use help wording this card better, and other than that let me know what you guys think! (Will find a picture to use soon <3)

As a person with no idea how to make a card, i give this a 8/8 m8.

If you don't have an idea on cardmaking, then please refrain from posting.

Within Custom Cards, you are required to give a proper review related to the card's design.

Comments like these are spammy and don't help the user to improve.

This is why we discourage rating in CC nowadays.

-----

As a sidenote, I more/less see this as a Rank-Up over one of the other Djinns, as there are still better R5s to go into rather than do this the traditional way.

At the minimum, this deals 1000 damage (assuming opponent lacks backrow / Battle Fader or whatever hand traps); which is still a respectable amount.

That being said, its detach effect is also useful for protecting your other Djinns from stuff like Dark Hole/Raigeki/Castel and of course, general battle destruction.

And with that in mind, once this card's use expires, you can still go into Gaia Charger or something (2000 ATK isn't really high, and then you need to factor in common things).

Its usage is rather limited, and personally, you could probably get away with allowing it to protect itself as well.

Given its stats (as mentioned), it'd likely help (even if it is still 101/Castel-weak).

As a sidenote, I more/less see this as a Rank-Up over one of the other Djinns, as there are still better R5s to go into rather than do this the traditional way.

At the minimum, this deals 1000 damage (assuming opponent lacks backrow / Battle Fader or whatever hand traps); which is still a respectable amount.

That being said, its detach effect is also useful for protecting your other Djinns from stuff like Dark Hole/Raigeki/Castel and of course, general battle destruction.

And with that in mind, once this card's use expires, you can still go into Gaia Charger or something (2000 ATK isn't really high, and then you need to factor in common things).

Its usage is rather limited, and personally, you could probably get away with allowing it to protect itself as well.

Given its stats (as mentioned), it'd likely help (even if it is still 101/Castel-weak).

I didn't want it to be super OP, Though should I raise it's attack? And I wanted it to stay with the Djinn series (Hence Number 41.)

I was thinking of making it only able to be SS by using 1 Djinn Xyz you control as Xyz material with it counting as an Xyz summon. Would that be better? 

Yeah, you can afford to boost its ATK a bit. 2300-2400 should be fine as a maximum.

As for the alternative summon method, it's fine as is.

With the Number part, it fits into the storyline, so there's that. 

---

The part about Gaia Knight was mentioned as an additional use for it once its mats are used up (and generally, you'd probably do it with R5/6 Xyz that lack any materials and/or have low stats to work with for their Rank). Realistically, that'd be a logical thing to do.

Archived