I want to know something from everyone to grow and learn about someone with this simple question

What is that one card you keep, no matter how Damaged or ruined it is and why do you keep it? I can tell you mine and why I still have it today.

The card I will keep, even though the card itself is on its last leg is the collector's tin secret rare Stardust Dragon. I got the card in a trade in high school and it was my first ever synchro monster so I used the card in any deck I could build until I built a Synchro Dragon Deck meant to Synchro Summon the Signer Dragons and always the first Synchro Dragon Played in that deck would always be that Stardust Dragon. For 7 years now after the creation of that deck, I still have the Stardust Dragon I got all those years ago for it reminded me that Even in such places where people made fun of me for being a nerd and a idiot for playing this game, I just look at my Dragon and realize that Only approval I needed was my own. To this Day, that Stardust Dragon remains in my Holo-Books since He is getting too old for use, I got a Premium gold Stardust Dragon to take his place in the deck, while my first Ever Synchro Monster rests in my holo book which I think I might hunt down a lower Rarity of Stardust Dragon to take the Gold Rare's Place and put the gold Rare into my book and just keep the Secret Rare one in its own Sleeve and hardback card protector so that I can keep it forever.

For you out there who reply to this topic, What is that one card, Damaged or Ruined you could never replace?

I have two. I cannot separate them because they counteract each other, also they are too symbolic at much grade. If memory serves me right, they are "Monster Reborn" and "Dark Hole", both being red from behind. The first depicts life, renewal, light etc. and the second is a symbol of darkness, chaos, power and so on. They're like the two sides of a coin (or a person, to be exact).

I haven't used them in a duel for ages, but they are special. Not only because they are old and they show it, but also because of all the memories I have from the game since my early childhood. Realistically, I am fan of Dark-Attribute Decks (i.e. Dark Hole), but I want to use their power for good (i.e. Monster Reborn).

Sorry I don't have much to share about them. It's more about how I feel about them and not about their influence to my life.

I have an ultimate rare Solemn Warning that I got aaaages ago that I've kept for a good 4 years now (I know it's not long but I haven't been playing long) and have played loads. I was known for a while for playing decks with basically identical backrow lineups and everyone always knew me for the couple of rather damaged Ultra Mirror Forces and the Ulti Warning. I know it's not damaged or anything but I've been through a lot with it and it has a lot of sentimental value to me.

Well its not about the amount of cards you keep which have been used to near end, its the memories you built playing with those cards which makes you want to keep them.

Well sounds like how my Stardust went, over the years of use, it just got beat up and near destroyed but I bet you still keep that card for the memories you had, win or Lose.

mine is actually a magic card, Dracoplasm. first ever card. I still have it, and it's beat to shit man. course the card is nearly as old as I am. it's been in sleeves for a good decade and it stills has gotten some weathering. but the card looks cool, and that's all it takes to start someone playing these games when your 4 and want something cool.

I have an Ulti Thought Ruler Archfiend that I've held onto for the longest time. I remember opening that pack of The Duelist Genesis, without knowing that Synchros existed, so seeing that white card was pretty unreal. I've had some pretty decent trade offers on it, but obviously not gonna move it. In recent times, I'd been playing it when BA first came out, because it was a pretty decent counter to all of their discard traps, but it's not all that relevant these days, and even in decks that can make 8s, there's often not much space for it.

I understand the feeling, While my most treasured and First Synchro will always be as said above my Collector Tin Secret Rare Stardust Dragon, I remember opening a Pack of The Duelist Genesis to my shock seeing a Ultra Rare Red Dragon Archfiend and then getting the Secret Rare version of Black Rose Dragon from the collector's Tin (Twice, must of traded off the first one) and the Secret Rare Collector Tin of Ancient Fairy Dragon and Secret Rare Tin Power Tool Dragon, then the moment I feel proud in my Synchro Collecting, Got almost all Rarities of Black-Winged Dragon. I got the Common from the Legendary Collection 5Ds, the Super Rare from Duelist Pack-Crow (Which btw Who misses Duelist Packs?), the Secret Rare from the Tin, and from The Shining Darkness itself an Ultra Rare and the one I still have besides my Common, The Ghost-Rare 1st Edition Black-Winged Dragon which I still have to this day, then I bought the last Signer Dragon, Life Stream Dragon online, I won't say the site's name for idk if I should. but Because of my First Synchro Monster Stardust Dragon, I got all those Synchro Monsters and I am happy I got them still.

For me, one of my treasured cards is something of an oddity if you think only for synchros or ultra rare cards. Mine, is the card Exxod, master of the guard and a lot others like Relinquished. These hold a lot of memories as these were the cards I got from a deck my dad gave me when I was a kid. Mind you, I'm still a teenager but these cards hold a lot of symbolism to me. Exxod, for staying steadfast against anything and Relinquished, for absorbing anything that could come at me. Exxod, is damaged but he still lives and I hope I can get back into the groove of playing him and Relinquished again.

you just need to find the right deck type to work those two, and to be honest Stardust Dragon is one of my favorite cards no questions, but one of my absolute favorites is always the Red-Eyes B. Dragon since he was my first Holo-Card since the first Deck I personally got was the Joey Wheeler Deck, But I have gone threw many different Red-Eyes B. Dragons, the one currently in my deck is not the same so I didn't count it even though Red-Eyes holds a Special Place in my heart, and happy he is getting new support, it doesn't count. My Secret Rare Tin Stardust Dragon, I have kept since trading for it and I will never give the card up. I actually seriously begun looking into getting the common version from the 5Ds legendary collection so I could move the gold rare into my holo book and place the Secret Rare Tin version into a Japanese 5Ds Sleeve I have and place it into a Hard Case card protector.

The dragon rulers

no
matter
WHAT
you
say

They've always been there for me
They've been my GOTO deck for everything
They synch with so many decks
They raise so many decks to be better
Every time they're in a crappy deck, they elevate it's power
They are sooo good
They're dragons
Dragons are bae

Never gonna give you up
Never gonna let you down
Never gonna run around
and desert you

I had loads of cards that meant a lot to me, but I quit the game for a while and sold absolutely everything. I wasn't expecting to get back into the game. I had a playset of Ultimate Rare Effect Veilers, a playset of misprint Mathematicians (the name wasn't printed on) and an Honest that a girl from my locals had drawn extended artwork on. They're all gone now though :'(

I have three. My Blue-Eyes White Dragon because back when I was a kid, I played pokemon and all my friends were converting to yugioh so I said "what the hell, I'll get a pack and see what all this is about". And the first card I pulled was Blue-Eyes. I got back into it in Jan 2008 and when I pulled it in DPKB, it was so surreal.

Masked HERO Vapor because my mother had a cat that she loved more than anything in the world(I swear). I pulled this on the night my mothers cat died so its sentimental to me.

Odd-Eyes Pendulum Dragon because its changed my attitude. I used to just use big monsters to get over my problems(still do), but this card has helped me realise that there are alternative means to an end. And with an aggressive effect, it still suits my style.

the original slifer, my friend moved away and gave me it after i gave him $20. funny enough i ran into him on DN a few times, but never remember to get his number. my last two are a battered baby dragon that my friends used to joke was on life support and a fairy king truesdale. i used to abuse the hell out of his effect in my tytannial deck  before i heard about the errata.

I don't have cards anymore unfortunately, threw them away when I was a child and really there's no place to buy them in my area, nor there is a reason to buy them since practically none plays Yugioh here,

but there are 3 cards I remember to this day, Red Archery Girl, Relinquished and Thousand-Eyes Restrict.

I loved them, protected them so well, looked at every now and then just because it was fun.

They got thrown away sadly. huh \:

D.D. Trainer that I pulled back in the day from one of my first packs back when Dark Crisis was new.

I remember I didn't have been playing the game for long, and between my brother and I together we had all 4 starter decks (Yugi, Kaiba, Joey, and Pegasus) and even more so than the rare I pulled, I remember being impressed as the kid I was with its high DEF for its low Level, and was thinking about taking out the Soldier of Stone because this one had a boost from Yami, and it was a start into stop playing Yugi's deck and start making it MY deck.

Back in the day I didn't understand English (learned how to read Yugioh cards before I actually learned sentences in English anywhere else though xD ) so I thought the card referred to the beast and not the goblin in the description and wall all "poor guy".

However, I then later came to understand the lore better, and also came across what I called the "effect version of D.D. Trainer", and ever since, this is my actual all time favorite card in the game (though I have the rare 1st edition one):

300px-DDCrazyBeast-DR1-EN-C-UE.png

My Buster Blader. I traded Belial - Marquis of Darkness for it, and although my friends criticized me for doing so, I'm glad I finally got the chance to own my all-time favorite card. Nostalgia is through the roof, all thanks to The Falsebound Kingdom.

Well again I started this topic so we all can share the reasons we keep that 1 card no matter what due to memories, or due to having a special meaning to you, or just it is so special too you even if the card is worthless to others like my Stardust Dragon, everyone has one in their deck since I think to date it is the Most Reprinted Synchro Monster but, Mine has meaning to me for it symbolized the creation of my own Identity and the card as I saw it on the 5Ds anime showed that the card was a symbol of hope and I took that to heart with my own Stardust Dragon and When I Believed in my Stardust Dragon I would overcome with my own Self-Esteem issues which made me come to be the person Who I am today and well I still have social Skill issues and thus I still remember those High-School Days when the most summoned Monster I Pulled while dueling my friends.

Archived