[CFV] Nubatama Stride Support

Uggla6

Well creating Vanguard cards is much more difficult and comes with much less support than Yu-Gi-Oh, but I thought that I would give is a shot.  Additionally, Vanguard is fairly balance and doesn't rely on archetype likes Yu-Gi-Oh so creating cards is more difficult (when creating a balance Yu-Gi-Oh it's very easy to find 10 cards more broken than anything you created).  Also in Vanguard most cards have effects that mirror each other and the diversity relies either on the artwork or the clan gimmick.  All that being said I thought I would give it a try on one of my favorite clans (my 2nd favorite actually) since they always seem to be under supported.  With the release of Stride, clans with their units are starting to outperform the clans that still lack them.  Yes cards like Atmos can be used in any deck, but I feel that these cards would bring Nubatamas back to competitive, while retaining their clan gimmick, and without making them broken or tier 1 in any way.  So without any more distractions.  I will provide images, yet please understand the low quality.  I suggest just reading the text.

[spoiler=Cards]

AncientStealthCommanderSupremeShuraDrago

Ancient Stealth Commander, Supreme Shura Dragon Lord

Stride (Released when both players' vanguards are grade 3 or greater!)-Stride Step-[Choose one or more cards with the sum of their grades being 3 or greater from your hand, and discard them] Stride this card on your (VC) from face down.
[AUTO](VC):[Choose a face down card named "Ancient Stealth Commander, Supreme Shura Dragon Lord" from your G Zone, and turn it face up] When this unit attacks a vanguard, you may pay the cost. If you do, look at your opponent's hand and choose a card from your opponent's hand, bind it face up, and at the end of that turn, your opponent puts that card bound by this effect into his or her hand. Then, if the number of face up cards in your G Zone is two or more, until end of turn, this unit gets
"[AUTO](VC):[Soul Blast (1)] When this unit's attack hits a vanguard, you may pay the cost. If you do, put all cards from your opponent's bind zone into his or her drop zone.".

The ancient dark arts concealed his unworldly power.

• Rarity: RRR
  • Clan: Nubatama
  • Nation: Dragon Empire
  • Race: Abyss Dragon
  • Power: 15000+
  • Grade / Skill: 4

NightMistStealthDragon.668936.20150430-1

Night Mist Stealth Dragon

[CONT](VC) Generation Break 2 (This ability is active if you have two or more face up G units in total on your (VC) or G zone): During your turn, if the number of cards in your hand is greater than your opponent's, this unit gets [Power]+5000 and "[AUTO](VC): When this unit attacks a vanguard, your opponent may choose a card from his or her hand, and discard it. If he or she does not, until end of that battle, your opponent cannot call units to (GC) from hand.".
[AUTO](VC):[Counter Blast (1)] During your turn, when your G unit Stride, you may pay the cost. If you do, choose one of your opponent's rear-guards, bind it face up, and at the end of that turn, your opponent puts that card bound by this effect into his or her hand.

Don't mess around with this dragon, or else you shall not sleep easy.

• Rarity: RR
  • Race: Abyss Dragon
  • Power: 11000
  • Grade / Skill: 3

StealthRogueAmatsukitsune.668936.2015043

Stealth Rogue, Amatsukitsune

[AUTO](RC) Generation Break 1 (This ability is active if you have one or more face up G units in total on your (VC) or G zone):When your opponent’s card is placed in his or her bind zone, this unit gets [Power]+5000 until end of turn.

The silent assassin can strike anytime of the day.

• Rarity: C
  • Race: Demon
  • Power: 8000
  • Shield: 5000
  • Grade / Skill: 2

StealthBeastWampus.668936.20150430-10185

Stealth Beast, Wampus

[AUTO]:[Choose a grade 3 card from your hand, and reveal it] When this unit is placed on (RC) from hand, you may pay the cost. If you do, search your deck for up to one grade 3 card with "Night Mist Stealth Dragon" in its card name, reveal it to your opponent, put into your hand, shuffle your deck, choose a card from your hand, and discard it.
[CONT](Hand):When you would pay the cost of Stride, this card gets grade+2.

If you are somehow able to detect this beast, take caution because more may lurk in the dark.

• Rarity: R
  • Race: Warbeast
  • Power: 7000
  • Shield: 5000
  • Grade / Skill: 1

[/spoiler]

I was making him based on the cards that where currently in the other clans.  For example, Chrono Jet Dragon.  Also the fact that you won't use that effect because you will most likely be striding over Night Mist Stealth Dragon makes that effect rarely used.  Additionally 16000 with a boost would make him about a 3 card guard (including the discard from the effect), which is lower than many current Vanguards at the moment (I do recognize that binding the card would effective achieve the same result and I might consider it).  That being said he is meant to be a strong card to bring this clan back to meta game.  And while I agree that he is very good, I don't believe it is OP or broken, but I appreciate your concern and thank you for responding.  

Archived