Be the Master of your Soul

Seanoow

I had an idea for a "Soul" deck, where the more you are willing to invest in a card the more powerful it's effect. Some of these effects can be devestating, but require the duelist to give up some sort of advantage (Field control, Lifepoints, Hand size, etc)
This is the first card of the deck which should give a decent idea about how it works, if people like this idea I can expand on it and make monsters etc.
R3j2dBP.jpg
Reveal up to 10 cards from the top of your deck, pay lifepoints equal to 1000 x the number of cards revealed. Then target one of the revealed monsters that can be normal summoned and special summon it. If no valid monsters are revealed, you lose the duel. Add the remaining cards to your hand. That monster's effects are negated, it only inflicts half the battle damage done to your opponent, and it is immune to all other card effects. When that monster is destroyed by battle, you lose the duel.

Yea, I can see what you mean. I always hate showing 1 card of a set but I was planning on making cards for this set that would benefit from you having lost lifepoints or something. Because I wanted to be careful since this card can be used to summon quite a few monsters with 3k+ attack. And even though the drawbacks seem devestating the more invested in this card exponentially increases the likelyhood of getting the card you want. (I was also thinking of making some monsters that allowed you to place a card from your deck on top of it etc to make this card even more devestating). But I always like to have at least half of my deck monsters, so depending on when this card is played, for 3000lp you could easily get a strong monster and then have another monster that say "gains attack equal to half the damage you took to your lifepoints until the endphase". That would be 1 powerful monster and 1 monster with 1500 more attack and 2 more cards in your hand for the cost of 3000lp. If I actually make the set I think it will be more obvious. After all, many new cards are usually bad outside of a specific deck, even their theme deck. So although some of these 'soul' cards would be able to fit in to many decks, this being the main spell of the 'soul' deck, it is more restricted to this deck.

Archived