Armoire

So if no one has noticed yet, I am very fond of Noble Knights.

And as someone who plays them regularly, I can confirm that opening with Medraut, Borz, and Merlin without a Noble Arms in hand is less than ideal. But opening with either of those with a Noble Arms is amazing. And the best play would be with Merlin while having a spare Arms in hand. 

But alas, you do not always get what you want.

PziZ4s3.png?1

[spoiler='']"Noble Knight" cards cannot be banished while this card is face-up on the field. You can only use each effect of "Noble Knight Uthyr" once per turn. You can send this card from your hand or field to the Graveyard; Special Summon 1 "Noble Knight" monster or "Merlin" from your Deck or Graveyard. During either player's turn: You can banish this card from your Graveyard to activate one of these effects:
●Send 1 "Noble Knight" or "Noble Arms" card from your Deck to the Graveyard.
●Shuffle 1 "Noble Knight" monster from your Graveyard into your Deck.
[/spoiler]

So here is the father of King Artorigus, Noble Knight Uthyr. He has a few purposes:

• Find Merlin and let you use him.
  • Send a Knight to fulfill conditions for the Round Table or set a play via Eachtar.
  • Send an Arm to the Graveyard for Artorigus later; the Queen for an opening.
  • Shuffle a Knight to the Deck for more Merlin targets
  • Shuffle an arm to the deck to use Borz in case your arsenal dwindles.
  • A 2000 ATK beatstick that can afford dying because of its Graveyard effects

In turn, this drastically improves the archetype's consistency and flexibility.

Run 3 of this to have 6 Merlins total. And RotA would also search this, so that is 3 more Merlins. So in addition to the 3 Merlins you most likely have, you have 6 more for a total of 9 Merlins at your service.

Any CnC will be appreciated. 

(Just a quick side-note, I was considering switching out the shuffle effect to letting him summon a banished monster (like a Knight or Lady), but decided against it because I thought it offered too much. But I would like to hear your thoughts.)

[spoiler='Notes on Flavor']

• This card is based directly off of Uther Pendragon, the father of Arthur.
  • Because fathers are revered to be stronger, he has higher ATK than Artorigus.
  • His high ATK reflects his battle prowess against the Saxons even though he was ill.
  • Early in the story, Uther looks for Merlin to help him disguise himself in order to satisfy his lust to bare a child with Igraine. This is why he searches Merlin.[/spoiler]

I would retro the first effect so that you can discard him to get a NK from the deck, and when he hits the grave, summon Merlin. That might be a little bit better? Throw in a imperial iron wall clause to help with the Nekroz//Infernoids match up as well

So in other words, have the discard effect SS a Noble Knight and have one of the banishing effects SS Merlin? The only fear I have is this card completely outclassing Merlin that you would not really need him anymore--

And as for the Imperial Iron Wall suggestion, I would like it if you would elaborate on that. It sounds appealing.

So in other words, have the discard effect SS a Noble Knight and have one of the banishing effects SS Merlin? The only fear I have is this card completely outclassing Merlin that you would not really need him anymore--

And as for the Imperial Iron Wall suggestion, I would like it if you would elaborate on that. It sounds appealing.

Ugh...I'm getting my Chaos Confused. I mean Chaos Phantom not imperial Iron Wall. Merlin's main flaw is that it's hard to access and it has too many restrictions on it

You can only use each effect of "Noble Knight Uthyr" once per turn. You can send this card from your hand or field to the Graveyard; Special Summon 1 "Noble Knight" or "Merlin" from your Deck or Graveyard. You can target 1 "Noble Knight" Monster or "Merlin" in your Graveyard; banish that target, and if you do, until the End Phase, this card's name and ATK become that monster's name and ATK, and it gains that monster's effects. During either player's turn: You can banish this card from your Graveyard to activate one of these effects:

This was akin to what I was thinking

Imperial Iron Wall is a good idea now that you mention it. In OCG you tend to get hammered by Trishula (White and Blue) so having a NK that was like no Banish Nk's would be nice.

Got an idea. Make this guy a pendulum, and make "Your opponent cannot banish NK's as the pendulum effect" haha

Ugh...I'm getting my Chaos Confused. I mean Chaos Phantom not imperial Iron Wall. Merlin's main flaw is that it's hard to access and it has too many restrictions on it

You can only use each effect of "Noble Knight Uthyr" once per turn. You can send this card from your hand or field to the Graveyard; Special Summon 1 "Noble Knight" or "Merlin" from your Deck or Graveyard. You can target 1 "Noble Knight" Monster or "Merlin" in your Graveyard; banish that target, and if you do, until the End Phase, this card's name and ATK become that monster's name and ATK, and it gains that monster's effects. During either player's turn: You can banish this card from your Graveyard to activate one of these effects:

I had the copying idea in mind, actually, but I thought that was a little too gimmicky and made the Knight do a little too much, so I think I will stay away form that.
Although, I think I will use the Imperial Iron Wall idea.

Imperial Iron Wall is a good idea now that you mention it. In OCG you tend to get hammered by Trishula (White and Blue) so having a NK that was like no Banish Nk's would be nice.

Got an idea. Make this guy a pendulum, and make "Your opponent cannot banish NK's as the pendulum effect" haha

Funny you mention making it a Pendulum, since I was considering it but deemed it too odd to fit in and counterproductive to this card's Graveyard function. I think I will make its face-up effect "Noble Knight cards cannot be banished."  rather than the name and effect copy. 

Thank you for your continuous input, though. I think this is the most someone has given me their opinion about a card that I made.

If I may. Keeping with the lore. Morgan Le Fay did things pretending to be others. Make her the phantom of chaos esque card.

Morgan, sorceress of the Noble Knights sounds amazing

I probably will, but with a different name, if you do not mind me taking your idea.

Archived