Night's Army/Terror: The forces of evil.

BGMaxie

This here is my latest CaC project. Night's is a Pendulum Deck, centered on nurturing both Pends and every form of Extra Deck Summon, very much like Odd-Eyes/Performapals/Magicians and D/Ds are turning out to be.

[Spoiler=Intro/Background]Inspiration for this Deck came as I was playing D/Ds, and I noticed that how even if they are a Pendulum Deck, they loved the Graveyard. That's where the idea struck me to make a Pendulum Deck with its own selling point, which would be Pends with the ability to go to the Graveyard. What does this do? Well it gives them a new window of possibilities, from old cards like Call of the Haunted. Created cards will give you plusses by moving the Pends on the Grave back to the Extra Deck. Basically rip benefits from using the Grave, throw them to Extra, Pend Summon them, rinse and repeat. 

The monsters of this Deck are based on the Castlevania series, a franchise I've grown to like a lot these days. This Deck contains ONLY enemies of the series, so don't expect seeing Alucard (which I have used in two other projects), or any Belmont here, although if you've played or otherwise heard a bit of the series, some characters will be evident enough.[/spoiler]

Also this Deck is not finished and will update continously. It is my idea to update weekly or biweekly. Support will follow this pattern: Fusion, Synchro, Xyz, Generic/Pendulum. The Deck is divided in "Night's Army" (the lesser monsters), "Night's Terror" (the bosses) and the "Sinphony" cards (backrow, the Sin part is intentional).

Anyway enjoy your ride. 

[Spoiler=Main Deck]

Fw7K6j7.jpg

If a "Night's" monster you control attacks: You can have it gain 400 ATK until the end of the Damage Step.

Once per turn, this card cannot be destroyed by battle. If this card attacks, it gains 400 ATK during Damage Calculation only. If this card would be sent from the field to the Extra Deck, you can send it to the Graveyard instead.

VPAx119.jpg

You can banish this card from your Graveyard, and place 1 non-Tuner "Night's" Pendulum Monster from your Graveyard into your Extra Deck: Synchro Summon 1 "Night's Terror" Monster from your Extra Deck whose Level equals the total Levels of both of these monsters. You can only use this effect of "Night's Army Black Crow" once per turn.

k4pjspJ.jpg

You can pay 500 LP; Fusion Summon 1 "Night's Terror" Fusion Monster from your Extra Deck, using monsters from your hand or your side of the field as Fusion Materials, including this card. You can also use this effect from your hand, but if you do, pay 1000 LP instead.

WgzommU.jpg

You cannot Pendulum Summon monsters except "Night's" monsters. This effect cannot be negated. Each time you Pendulum Summon a "Night's" monster(s). Place 1 Blood Counter on this card. If the 3rd Blood Counter is placed on this card: Destroy this card.

When this card is Normal or Special Summoned: You can add 1 "Sinphony" card from your Deck to your hand. You can only use this effect of  "Night's Army Dark Priest" once per turn. If this card would be sent from the field to the Extra Deck, you can send it to the Graveyard instead.

9POVCcy.jpg

If this card is in your Graveyard: You can Special Summon this card, and if you do, place 1 Blood Counter on a card you can put a Blood Counter, otherwise banish this card if it would be sent to the Graveyard. You can only use this effect of "Night's Army Red Skeleton" once per turn.

fVv98eU.jpg

Once per turn, if a "Night's" monster you control would be destroyed by battle, it is not destroyed.

If this card would be sent from the field to the Extra Deck, you can send it to the Graveyard instead. If this card is sent to the Graveyard: You can place 1 Level 4 or lower "Night's" Pendulum Monster directly from your Deck, face-up to the Extra Deck. You can only use this effect of "Night's Army Tombstone" once per turn.

HgiDOCh.jpg

If you control no other card in your Pendulum Zone: You can target 1 Pendulum Monster in your Graveyard; place it on your unused Pendulum Zone.

If you control 2 or more face-up Spell or Trap Cards, you can Special Summon this card (from your hand). When this card destroys an opponent's monster by battle:  You can target 1 card on the field; destroy that target. If this card would be sent from the field to the Extra Deck, you can send it to the Graveyard instead.

aNHNovY.jpg

Each time a "Night's" Pendulum Monster is sent to your Graveyard: You can place 1 Blood Counter on this card. You can remove 4 Blood Counters from this card, then target 1 "Night's" monster in your Graveyard; Special Summon that target. You can only use this effect of "Night's Terror Grim Reaper Death" once per turn.

If a face-up Continous Spell/Trap Card (and no other cards) in your Spell/Trap Card Zone would be destroyed by a card effect: You can Special Summon this card from your hand, and if you do, that card is not destroyed. Face-up Continuous Spell/Trap Card in your Spell/Trap Card Zone cannot be destroyed by card effects. If this card would be sent from the field to the Extra Deck, you can send it to the Graveyard instead.

yFP7U5U.jpg

Once per turn: You can place 1 Blood Counter on this card. "Night's" monsters you control gain 200 ATK per each Blood Counter on this card. If the 4th Blood Counter is placed on this card: Destroy this card.

This card cannot be targeted by your opponent's monster effects except in Main Phase 2. During the Battle Phase, this card is unaffected by Spell or Trap Card effects. During the Damage Step when this attacking card battles an opponent's monster: You can tribute 1 other monster you control; this card gains ATK equal to the original ATK of that monster until the end of the Battle Phase. If this card would be sent from the field to the Extra Deck, you can send it to the Graveyard instead.

[/spoiler]
[Spoiler=Spell/Trap]

vZkadLe.jpg

Once per turn, during your Main Phase, if you Normal or Special Summoned a "Night's" monster this turn: You can add 1 "Night's" from your Deck to your hand, and if you do, place 1 Blood-Counter on this card. You can only use this effect of "Sinphony - Bloody Tears" once per turn. If the 3rd Blood Counter is placed on this card: Destroy this card.

zaRzxS7.jpg

Place a number of "Night's" Pendulum Monster in your Graveyard to your Extra Deck, but not more than the number of monsters your opponent controls: draw 1 card for each. You can only use 1 "Sinphony - Poison Mind" per turn. 

R0uCYT2.jpg

Activate by targeting 1 Level 7 or higher Zombie-Type monster you control; destroy all other cards in both players' Monster and Spell/Trap Card zones. also any damage to your opponent is halved for the rest of this turn.

ZF2Aiv6.jpg

(This card is always treated as a "Sinphony" card.)
You can send 1 "Night's" monster from your Deck to the Graveyard, and if you do, place 1 Blood Counter on this card. You can only use this effect of "Evil's Sinphonic Poem" once per turn. If the 3rd Blood Counter is placed on this card: Destroy this card.

0YKs6mE.jpg

Target 2 "Night's" monsters in your Graveyard including at least 1 Pendulum Monster: Special Summon them, also their effects are negated. Immediately after this card resolves, Fusion, Synchro or Xyz Summon a "Night's Terror" monster from your Extra Deck OR Tribute Summon 1 "Night's Terror" monster from your hand using those 2 monsters only. You can only activate 1 "Prelude - Black Banquet" per turn.

[/spoiler]

[Spoiler=Extra Deck]

MgoMPtC.jpg

2 or more "Night's" monsters.
If this card is Fusion Summoned: You can draw cards up to the number of Fusion Materials used for its Fusion Summon. -2. This card can attack a number of times each Battle Phase, up to the number of Fusion Materials used for its Fusion Summon. If this card is destroyed by battle or by your opponent's card effect and sent to the Graveyard: You can Special Summon 1 "Night's Army" monster from your Deck. You can only use this effect of "Night's Terror Army of One Legion" once per turn.

6oWx5g2.jpg

1 "Night's" Tuner + 1 or more non-Tuner monsters
If this card battles an opponent's monster: You can activate this effect; that monster's effects are negated (even if it was destroyed). During either player's Battle Phase if a card or effect is activated: You can negate the activation, and if you do, destroy it. You can only use this effect of "Night's Terror Crow Lord Malphas" once per turn.

4OyQr1G.jpg

2 Level 4 "Night's Army" monsters
When this card destroys an opponent's monster by battle: You can detach 1 Xyz Material from this card, then target 1 "Night's Army" monster in your Graveyard; Special Summon it. You can only use this effect of "Night's Terror Ghost Knight Dullahan" once per turn. If this is destroyed by battle or your opponent's card effect: You can add 1 "Sinphony" card from your Deck to your hand.

[/spoiler]

UPDATES

[Spoiler=Fusion Updates]

Vc6M4E2.jpg
If a "Night's" monster(s) you control would be destroyed by battle or card effect, you can destroy this card instead.

During your Main Phase: You can Special Summon up to 2 "Night's Army Flea Man" from your hand or Deck. During the turn you activate this effect "Night's Army Flea Man" cannot be used as a Synchro or Xyz Material, also if you don't Fusion Summon using "Night's Army Flea Man" as a Fusion Material, you take 1000 damage. If this card would be sent from the field to the Extra Deck, you can send it to the Graveyard instead.

KhV0MYF.jpg
When this card is Normal or Special Summoned: You can add 1 "Polymerization" Spell Card or "Fusion" Spell Card from your Deck to your hand, except "Diffusion Wave-Motion". If you would Fusion Summon a "Night's Terror" monster while this card is in your Graveyard: You can banish this card as 1 of the Fusion Material Monsters.

fKuUZX0.jpg
Fusion Summon 1 "Night's Terror" or "Melodious" Fusion Monster from your Extra Deck, using monsters from your hand or your side of the field as Fusion Materials, During your turn, except the turn this card was sent to the Graveyard: You can banish 1 Fusion Monster from your Graveyard: add this card from your Graveyard to your hand, but banish it when it is sent to the Graveyard. The first time a monster is Fusion Summoned by this card's effect, apply 1 of the following effects depending on the monster summoned:
* "Melodious": Add 1 "Melodious" monster from your Deck to your hand.
* "Night's Terror": That monster gains 500 ATK.

EeN4goe.jpg
2 or more "Night's" Monsters.
If this card is Fusion Summoned: You can target as many Spell/Trap Cards your opponent controls up to the number of Fusion Materials used to Fusion Summon this card; they cannot be activated, also their effects are negated. Monsters your opponent controls lose 800 ATK.

[/spoiler]NEW!!!

[Spoiler=Synchro Updates][/spoiler]

[Spoiler=Xyz Updates][/spoiler]

[Spoiler=Other Updates][/spoiler]

Good so far. Most of their effects seem fair. Unlike me, where my approach was utilizing protagonists as the monsters, your archetype focuses on the enemies. For "Demonic Megiddo", did you mean Tribute?

Nope. Targeting there was solely to leave it clear who would be left unscathed while everything else (bar Pend Scales) was scorched, roasted and toasted to hell. 

• 2 weeks later...

I looked at your comment on my N.N.N.'s and I am glad that you've gave me some things to improve. I'll admit that I've gona a bit overboard on stuff, but i'll improve. Anyway, on to your thing. While it is cool that your artwork is based on the castlevania characters (It's pretty sweet  might add) and you did implement pendulums into the mix, but unfortunately, of the monsters, only the pendulums have synergy with each other; i don't find the other monsters to have synergy with the rest of the deck. Because the pendulums tend to want to use their effects to send them to the graveyard instead of the extra deck, it can work for swarms (which is what d/d's are to do), but for doing synchro'ing and fusioning, the cards that want to fuse and want to sync aren't relevant to the overall deck. You may think they do, but while looking at the whole deck, I didn't really find anyway to truly implement the tuner monster and the card that does fusion summon. And while the pendulum monsters do a great job at SS'ing monsters to Xyz summon, the spell that xyz, synchro, or fusion summon does come off as a bit underwhelming. Overall, I do applaud your efforts of making this (don't get me wrong, I really do), but like with my N.N.N.'s they need to be more on the consistent side you know. Anyway, that it all and I hope you do well with your other archetypes. I hope to look forward to your other ones. :)

I looked at your comment on my N.N.N.'s and I am glad that you've gave me some things to improve. I'll admit that I've gona a bit overboard on stuff, but i'll improve. Anyway, on to your thing. While it is cool that your artwork is based on the castlevania characters (It's pretty sweet  might add) and you did implement pendulums into the mix, but unfortunately, of the monsters, only the pendulums have synergy with each other; i don't find the other monsters to have synergy with the rest of the deck. Because the pendulums tend to want to use their effects to send them to the graveyard instead of the extra deck, it can work for swarms (which is what d/d's are to do), but for doing synchro'ing and fusioning, the cards that want to fuse and want to sync aren't relevant to the overall deck. You may think they do, but while looking at the whole deck, I didn't really find anyway to truly implement the tuner monster and the card that does fusion summon. And while the pendulum monsters do a great job at SS'ing monsters to Xyz summon, the spell that xyz, synchro, or fusion summon does come off as a bit underwhelming. Overall, I do applaud your efforts of making this (don't get me wrong, I really do), but like with my N.N.N.'s they need to be more on the consistent side you know. Anyway, that it all and I hope you do well with your other archetypes. I hope to look forward to your other ones. :)

Yeah I can understand what you mean. The overall idea which I think I stated in the intro is to dump things in the Graveyard to open the Grave window to use cards other Pend Decks wouldn't be able to use Normally. Use effects that benefit from using the Graveyard (like Black Crow or Poison Mind) in order to place to plus out of placing cards back into the Extra Deck, then the idea would be to Pendulum Summon them back, use them as boss fodder, and rinse and repeat. Theorically you would be able to pull a lot of moves without wasting yourself.

I do agree there isn't much Grave to Extra Abuse as of now, but it is something I intend to nurture as well as this develops. Things like returning some to Extra Deck to Special Summon something, or place to Extra Deck to Pop something (much a la Gusto style), are some ideas that can be used but I also want to explore a bit more. I feel like Poison Mind, Walter and Black Banquet have awesome potential to abuse Graveyard and nurture Pendulum too. There will be cards geared solely to the Extra Deck too so the need to place them back will be there.

It will be a very tactical Deck in terms of where you want your stuff to be.

Archived