Princess of Hearts

The Nyx Avatar

aH2mEUz.jpg

LORE:Cannot be Special Summoned. This card is unaffected by the effects of Normal Trap Cards. Once per turn, you can target 1 LIGHT or DARK monster in your opponent's Graveyard or Banished Card Zone; equip that target to this card. (You can only equip 1 monster at a time to this card with this effect.). While equipped, this card gains 800 ATK and it cannot be destroyed by card effects. If this card would leave the field, you can destroy the equipped monster instead. When this card is destroyed by a card effect, you can pay 1000 Life Points; take control of 1 monster your opponent controls.

Some interesting effects going on here, and I like the card, but it's very powerful for a Level 6 whose only real restriction is that it can't be Special Summoned. Some suggestions I would make (not all of which would necessarily need to be followed to balance it, but some combination would probably do the trick):

• Make it Level 7-8. A single tribute (any tribute) doesn't seem sufficient to summon a card like this.
  • Have its equipping effect target only the Graveyard. In general, cards sent to the Banished Zone are meant to be out of the game and aren't meant to be brought back, unless by some card whose role calls for it, and I don't think that's true in this case.
  • Nerf its ATK by at least 200, either through its base ATK or its ATK gain effect. This is especially true if you choose to keep it Level 6. No reason for a Level 6-7 (who can choose not to leave the field once per turn) to have higher ATK than many/most Level 8s.

Otherwise, I think it's fine. The Big Eye effect is strong (its cost isn't that big of a deal), but the opponent can play around it, so it's probably alright.

Archived