Uggla6 Released Set - Week 7

Uggla6

Hello all,

It might appear that I'm a newbie and that's because I rarely use this site even though I acknowledge it as a great site for Yu-Gi-Oh creativity. That being said, I'm proud to say that Yu-Gi-Oh has been a large part of my life in the last several years whether that's been investing, trading, playing both competitively and casually, and finally creating the cards I believe Konami should release someday (heck, I might continue to play). Every card I create is a card that in my head should be printed and would be a viable card in the game. Some cards are better than others and even some people may argue that some of the cards are too powerful, (although I feel that nothing I create could surpass the current meta or where it'll be in 6 months) but all of them have come from the deepest part of my creative. All of my ideas are original; however, the artwork is from some of the amazing artists that exist on the internet. The reason that I'm finally releasing all these sets I've created over the years is because I'm taking a break from the game. I couldn't bring myself to say leaving the game, because I don't think that anything will get me over my nostalgic feeling towards the game and selling certain decks that I hold dearest. However, due to the loss of enjoyment from the game, the last few and upcoming poor formats, as well as the tiredness from keeping ahead of Konami's economic scheme I'm going to be settling down. Even the original creators have moved onto a new game and company and so I thought that was telling me to do the same (the game is Cardfight Vanguard and anyone who is interested in learning or anything else, feel free to contact me and I'll do my best to help). Anyway, in lieu of this break I'm going to posting a single set/archetype that I have created over the years that I deem acceptable to go to the printing table each week until I've posted all my cards. Before posting I'm going to check for grammar errors and try my best to convert some of my older cards with problem solving text. For those of you here I hope that these cards can give enjoyment to continue on with the game, or at least be the inspiration of some of your own fantastic creations. Enjoy!

As promised I'm posting another set today.  And it is another huge set.  It consists of 20 cards.  It is the Monuments.  They are on the brink of being Tier 1.  They are similar to Wind-ups where they have 1st turn combos that are difficult to recover from and have the potential to make huge come backs.  That being said they are not very consistent and dead draw a lot, but once they get going they are almost unstoppable.  They have non-targeting, non-destroying removal and rely on Tributing from deck.  So here we are another 20 cards for the day, I hope you enjoy them.

[spoiler=Main Monster]

270287.jpg

Colosseum Monument 1500/2500

"Cannot be Normal Summoned or Set. When this card is Special Summoned; Return all monster cards your opponent controls to the Deck."

Well you can see what the deck will start to look like.  A good board wipe that pluses you.  1500 atk ain't much though.

270252.jpg

Colosseum Ruins 1000/1900

"When this card is sent to the Graveyard by the effect of "Renovation", Special Summon 1 "Colosseum Monument" from your Hand or Deck. Once per turn, you can discard 1 card to return 1 monster card your opponent controls to the Deck."

And this is how you are going to get your Monument monsters out and on the field.  This is why the deck can brick and dead draw.

270263.jpg

Stonehenge Monument 1500/2500

"Cannot be Normal Summoned or Set. When this card is Special Summoned; Return all Spell/Trap cards your opponent controls to the Deck."

Almost identical to the Colosseum Monument, but it works on Spells and Traps.  In my opinion its better than Heavy Storm, Harpies Feather Duster, and Giant Trunade. Luckily it's not as easy to play. 

270250.jpg

Stonehenge Ruins 1000/1900

"When this card is sent to the Graveyard by the effect of "Renovation", Special Summon 1 "Stonehedge Monument" from your Hand or Deck. Once per turn, you can discard 1 card to return 1 Spell/Trap card your opponent controls to the Deck."

The card you need to draw in order to clear the backrow.  At least your opponent will see it coming.

270268.jpg

Stone Head Monument 1500/2500

"Cannot be Normal Summoned or Set. When this card is Special Summoned, if you have less cards in your Hand that your opponent; Discard 1 card and then if you do, return all cards in your opponent's Hand to the Deck and then your opponent draws 1 card."

Possibly the best card in the deck.  I've had to errata the card several times for being too powerful.  Even now it is a great opener than can instantly put you ahead of your opponent.

270256.jpg

Stone Head Ruins 1000/1900

"When this card is sent to the Graveyard by the effect of "Renovation", Special Summon 1 "Stone Head Monument" from your Hand or Deck. Once per turn, look at your opponent's hand, select 1 card and return  it to the Deck, and your opponent draws 1 card."

A good way to get a look at your opponent's hand, when not being used to tribute for he Monument version.

270274.jpg

Great Wall Monument 0/3000

"Cannot be Normal Summoned or Set. As long as this card is face-up on the field, monsters with 1600 or more ATK cannot declare an attack."

Not a great card since you already have monster with tough to get over defenses.  While not bad, in a deck where this card doesn't plus I'd find it hard to run.

270258.jpg

Great Wall Ruins 0/2100

"When this card is sent to the Graveyard by the effect of "Renovation", Special Summon 1 "Great Wall Monument" from your Hand or Deck. Once per turn, when a monster declares an attack: you can negate the attack."

He can protect himself and stall out for when you fail to draw your combo pieces.

270264.jpg

Parthenon Monument 1500/2500

"Cannot be Normal Summoned or Set. When this card is Special Summoned; Return all cards in both players Graveyards to the Deck."

This is the decks reseter.  It helps you get ready to make another run if for some reason you didn't finish your opponent on the first run around, but it can also mess up your opponent's plan.

270259.jpg

Parthenon Ruins 1000/1900

"When this card is sent to the Graveyard by the effect of "Renovation", Special Summon 1 "Parthenon Monument" from your Hand or Deck. Once per turn, you can return 1 card in your Graveyard to your Deck."

Just a smaller and more easily accessible version of the Monument.

270270.jpg

Pyramid Monument 2000/2000

"Cannot be Normal Summoned or Set. When this card is Special Summoned; Special Summon 1 Level 5 Rock-Type monster from your hand, Deck, or Graveyard, and make its ATK 0."

The card that makes this deck run because it lets you  choose the card and therefore the effect you are using for the right situation.

270253.jpg

Pyramid Ruins 1500/2000

"When this card is sent to the Graveyard by the effect of "Renovation", Special Summon 1 "Pyramid Monument" from your Hand or Deck."

The card that you hope you open every game.  Too bad we aren't like they are in the anime and can draw everything we need.  Or actually more like thankfully.

270281.jpg

Skyt Dragon, Protector of Landmarks 2600/3200

"Cannot be Normal Summoned or Set. Must be Special Summoned (from your Hand) when a "Monument" monster you control is destroyed and cannot be Special Summoned by other ways. As long as this card is face-up on the field "Monument" monsters you control are unaffected by other card effects. If a monster you control would be destroyed; you can destroy this card instead."

The deck has some vulnerabilities, but this card just about clears all those up.  An easy to summon 2600 beater with a 3200 defense to sit on is difficult in of itself.  Not to mention that it makes sure all of your Monument effects are going to be going off.  This card can win games alone.

[/spoiler]

[spoiler=Spells]

270231.jpg

Renovation

"Target 1 "Ruins" monster you control: Draw 1 card and then if you do, Tribute the targeted monster."

Yes this is the card that all those Ruins monsters had listed on them.  A very simple card that that deck revolves around.  Thank goodness for Terraforming.  And now that there are 2 field spells allowed that should make this deck even better than when I created it.

270233.jpg

A Tribute

"Discard 1 card; Add 1 "Renovation" from your Deck or Graveyard to Hand."

Another way to search for Renovation and reuse it in case it gets destroyed.  Simple and strong.

270237.jpg

Valley of Monuments

"If you control 2 or more "Monument" monsters, your opponent cannot target any "Monument" monsters you control with card effects."

The card is not great because it only protects against targeting and requires 2 Monument monsters in which you should already have the game at that point.  Still not bad to have.

270238.jpg

An Unexpected Find

"Special Summon 1 "Ruins" monster from you Hand."

For a deck that doesn't really need to swarm the field to win, this card is little over kill and too situational for me.

270239.jpg

National Park

"As long as this card is face-up on the field; "Ruins" monsters and "Monument" monsters cannot be destroyed by battle."

Now here we go.  The card that allows for us to sit and wait until we get what we need.  Too bad Skyt Dragon nullifies this effect while it's on the field or else we would have a nice little lock...

270247.jpg

Pleased Souls

"Send 5 "Monument" monsters with different names you control and/or are in your Hand to the Graveyard: Return all cards your opponent controls and are in his/her Hand to the Deck. You cannot Special Summon during the turn you activate this card."

Cost it way too much for this too ever be good except in brick hands with all Monument monsters.  Otherwise you should have the game before you can pay the cost.  Still would be fun to side deck 1.

[/spoiler]

[spoiler=Traps] None[/spoiler]

[spoiler=Extra Monsters]

270291.jpg

Liberty Monument 2500/1500

"2 Level 5 EARTH monsters

Once per turn: You can detach 1 Xyz Material from this card to target 1 card your opponent controls; Return it to the Deck."

The only extra deck monster, but it is great for making those worthless used up Monument monsters useful again.  Plus it's the only Monument that sports a decent attack to win games with.

[/spoiler]

[spoiler=Decklist]

Main Monsters: 24

3 Skyt Dragon, Protector of Landmarks
3 Pyramid Ruins
3 Pyramid Monument
3 Stone Head Ruins
2 Stone Head Monument
2 Colosseum Ruins
2 Colosseum Monument
2 Stonehenge Ruins
2 Stonehenge Monument
2 Parthenon Monument

Spells: 13
3 Renovation
3 A Tribute
3 National Park
2 Mystical Space Typhoon*
2 Terraforming*

Traps: 3
3 Royal Decree*

Extra Monsters: 15
3 Liberty Monument
Generic Rank 3, 5, and 6 Xyzs

Like I said earlier this deck is strong, but prone to dead draws.  That being said it could be close to Tier 1 because of it's ability to search for things that it needs.  Unfortunately I would not say this deck would be too much to play because if you draw what you need first turn you should almost always win, but if you don't you will be fighting an uphill battle all game, until you pull a Skyt Dragon.  Stone Head first turn followed by a Stonehenge is almost a guaranteed victory.[/spoiler]

Archived