DP Event: The Helping Hands #ArchetypeSupport

Love of Ghibli

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

firs of all, i dont think this cards fits the deck, any build, even the SymphonicGusto

second, the Synch should be called "Daigusto" like all the other ED monsters of the archtype

the last one fits basically any Gusto deck ever made, because it makes stuff like Gulldo and stuff not miss timing. The two effect mons are for a different build, as well as the Xyz. SymphonicGusto isn't even that good anyway. You generally wanna go for SphreezeTK or plain ol' Synchro Spam.
Also last point is super moot.

Birdman was always sercheable (blastfan, power cell), tho if use its effect is only a 1 shoot monster

You see, the issue with that rationale is that Power Planner takes up your Normal Summon of the turn (preventing plays such as Reborn Tengu), while Blastfan requires some sort of external setup to trigger its effect. Heirophant is just discard to search, without using any other resources, requiring any other setup, and without using the turn's normal summon. This sort of search effect is often looked down upon in design, such as in Nekroz and Reinforcements of the Army. 

I mean, I personally am never a fan of +0 searchers, but that really does solve my biggest issue in the card, which would be increasing the consistency of Birdman in unrelated decks. Considering I made one of the archetypes that Birdman is strongest in, I tend to keep an eye out for that kind of thing. 

tl;dr: Yeah it is fine.

edits on my submissions

[spoiler= HQ]

Bk2k8rs.jpg

[/spoiler]

HQ destroys itself, tho the neither player can set is quite splashable and oppressive. I could literally use it as Cold Wave if I play it turn 1. (Keep in mind Terraforming searches it) It was fine with the first change, not sure why it has to have a form of oppression on it

HQ destroys itself, tho the neither player can set is quite splashable and oppressive. I could literally use it as Cold Wave if I play it turn 1. (Keep in mind Terraforming searches it) It was fine with the first change, not sure why it has to have a form of oppression on it

I agree with Darkness. Though such an effect would be OK in TCG, it is ridiculously potent in DP, simply due to the backrow-heavy nature of our game.

i know that the card is kinda oppresive, but take in mind how weak is the "Ally" deck~

even with the support, it just affect LIGHT decks, so if i wanna make it at least competitive, this kind of things should be done

also there arent a lot of cards that can change attributes massively, only this, Ally of Justice Empress and DNA, so i would rely on them a lot if i dont wanna get rekt :T

also, the negate this card eff just cuz impressioning mirror is a thing is just dumb... ik it would be really oppresive, but we are talking about "Ally of Justice", the worst archtype so far

there is actually two floodgate effects at work here.
The one that kills traps (which is kinda dumb since this is basically searchable fucking Cold Wave) and also the one that makes everything LIGHT, whiiiiich.... Just absolutely kills some attribute-based decks like Gustos. Would be better if it made it so monsters are also treated as LIGHT, instead of making everything LIGHT.

i know that the card is kinda oppresive, but take in mind how weak is the "Ally" deck~

even with the support, it just affect LIGHT decks, so if i wanna make it at least competitive, this kind of things should be done

also there arent a lot of cards that can change attributes massively, only this, Ally of Justice Empress and DNA, so i would rely on them a lot if i dont wanna get rekt :T

also, the negate this card eff just cuz impressioning mirror is a thing is just dumb... ik it would be really oppresive, but we are talking about "Ally of Justice", the worst archtype so far

TIL only LIGHT decks set spells and traps.

there is actually two floodgate effects at work here.
The one that kills traps (which is kinda dumb since this is basically searchable fucking Cold Wave) and also the one that makes everything LIGHT, whiiiiich.... Just absolutely kills some attribute-based decks like Gustos. Would be better if it made it so monsters are also treated as LIGHT, instead of making everything LIGHT.

you can actually activate spells, so idk why so conmotions?

also Gusto isnt an attributed based deck .-., i dont rememebr any of the synch or monsters asking for a WIND monster, just Pilica .-.

anyway, the "also" clause is a good option~

Denko Sekka in TCG proves that effects that prevent setting are incredibly powerful. Now, I will acknowledge that you were in defense of Denko Sekka. Of course, the primary argument used to defend Denko was that it was not searchable, and that it required use of the turn's normal summon. You see where I am going with this? And in DP, traps are even more prevalent than TCG, as our meta is very interaction and defense based. This has been proven time and again by the strength of Trap Engineer Vivyzian and Beast From Another Realm as silver bullet cards. Beyond just traps, this also severely weakens quick-play spell cards, removing their utility during the opponent's turn completely. 

As for the attribute changing as a floodgate of sorts, it is totally fine as-is.

Ok, i acept the fact that can be powerfull, but why i should be the one affected by muy own card? No backrow if i wanna get all my monsters usefull, and only because Light-Impressioning is a thing...

As I said before, the restriction could be lightened so it only requires you to have no Face Up Traps, so you can still run real backrow like Mirror Force and all that such, just not Continuous stuff ala Light Imprisoning Mirror

Ok, i acept the fact that can be powerfull, but why i should be the one affected by muy own card? No backrow if i wanna get all my monsters usefull, and only because Light-Impressioning is a thing...

Because the Light-Imprisoning Mirror combo is incredibly powerful. One-sided locks of that nature are a terrible idea. I honestly don't care how you do so, but it should not be a Denko, and it should not combo with mirror.

On another note, after a good amount of testing, I have my Archfiends up for bat

[Spoiler Archfiend Assault Slayer]

mRCXWfT.png

[/spoiler]

[Spoiler Archfiend Princess]

HzrIN5b.png

[/spoiler]

[Spoiler Archfiend Emperor, the End of Horror]

o4fcwqi.png

[/spoiler]

[Spoiler Archfiend Gargoyle]

uuWMAlU.png

[/spoiler]

[Spoiler Ballom, Absolute Archfiend of Armageddon]

RocN9Ti.png

2 Level 8 Fiend-Type Monsters
You can also Xyz Summon this card using a Rank 6 "Archfiend" Xyz monster you control with no Xyz Materials. When Summoned this way, this card cannot attack during the same turn it is Xyz Summoned. When this card destroys a monster by battle, you can target 1 Level 4 or lower "Archfiend" monster in your Graveyard; attach it to this card as an Xyz Material, but banish it when it is detached. Once per turn, during either player's turn, you can detach 1 Xyz Material from this card, then target 1 Fiend-Type monster in your Graveyard; Normal Summon that monster. You can only control 1 "Ballom, Absolute Archfiend of Armagedon".
[/spoiler]

[Spoiler Archfiend Incoming]
lBanQHI.png
[/spoiler]

Archived