New YgoPro Project

DsCardz

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

There's already a few of them here; some of them are pro at doing it, others (like myself) can do small bits and pieces.

But yeah, if you guys have cards you want to add in the game; just post them in this section.

I think it would be nice if those people joined this project.

Keep in mind how past attempts for all-custom based versions of the game have gone; for the intro stuff I'd keep stuff very simple and cover the basic building blocks before diving into more complex manners. I'd also suggest keeping in mind what kind of level of power you want the game to be at, and know which cards Konami has actually banned so you know what to avoid in terms of effects. If you need any help with designing cards I'd be happy to help.

• 2 weeks later...

Well it's been a while since i last posted (here), feels weird to be the one bumping the thread, but well... 

i really hope this doesn't go to development hell / hiatus, call if whatever :) 

have some spare artwork for a few generic cards and a few not-so-generic, so once you start things off and if you still need some - contact me (even though i there was little to no interest last time i suggested that).

Then I think it is time for voting, so I will try to divide formats in certain groups just so we can chose which one we want:

Early when game was still young for example we had 2004 ban list that I find pretty fine compiled, is the first choice. So something like that with cards that allow you to draw and cards that can SS from grave, alongside cards that can take opponents monster. But with a little of balancing, since we don't want another Pot of Greed and Change of Hearts.

The second option is to use KONAMIs newest meta, such as Nekroz and archetypes that now rule the world of Yugioh. We use something similar to what KONAMI could do. This method is kinda ok I guess since we will have a balanced game but maybe something like a mix of these two?

Anyway when we have certain established format we should get one or two people who will be balancers. And we have to establish some rules on creating, maybe even allow users to create here in this topic under Written clause just to be quicker to try and code those things.

Anyway I am still with this project so lets not let it die.

• 2 weeks later...

At least it's nice to know that we still have the project up; although yeah, progress is a bit slow (might not help that university and stuff begins again for some of us).

For designing cards, you can just post them in regular CC + link them over (as YGOPro is more/less up to date with the card releases, bar unconfirmed scans).

If the project does opt for a custom format, very much similar to Duel Portal, then yeah you might want to post stuff in here instead.

We'll see though (I'm technically the only mod keeping tabs on this).

• 2 weeks later...

Would it be too reckless or useless for every willing person to do something they feel comfortable with and, when the times comes, all the material be gathered and handled appropriately?

The way I see it, not only will we be creative instead of bored (ofc if we're not burdened with the task), but the project will not fall flat as well.

Well, apparently I'm known as a lua coder around here, who knew?

The only thing about this project that I don't like is the desire to have it exclude existing cards. I think it would be better if we could "bring over" official cards as desired like people do on duel portal. Not just because of having to make new staples, but because you'll turn away people who want to support an existing card or archtype with their designs.

On a side note, I have no idea how easy this would be to implement but could there be a "self update" feature so that people don't have to send new scripts to a person who has to manually add them before the changes are usable?

Let me try out your client real quick and see if I like it.

Would it be too reckless or useless for every willing person to do something they feel comfortable with and, when the times comes, all the material be gathered and handled appropriately?

The way I see it, not only will we be creative instead of bored (ofc if we're not burdened with the task), but the project will not fall flat as well.

It would make sense if we do things that we're comfortable with, yes. 

Although we should be able to do basic Lua stuff [in essence, the most I can probably recommend is just copy+pasting from existing cards that do similar things]. 

Well, apparently I'm known as a lua coder around here, who knew?

The only thing about this project that I don't like is the desire to have it exclude existing cards. I think it would be better if we could "bring over" official cards as desired like people do on duel portal. Not just because of having to make new staples, but because you'll turn away people who want to support an existing card or archtype with their designs.

On a side note, I have no idea how easy this would be to implement but could there be a "self update" feature so that people don't have to send new scripts to a person who has to manually add them before the changes are usable?

Let me try out your client real quick and see if I like it.

I can do a small amount of Lua coding, but mostly from ripping stuff from YGOHack and DevPro things. 

But yeah, adding small amounts of staples is recommended. 

From the project thing, would probably help but not sure if it's possible. 

And yeah, coding is not easy (I can say this from doing some C work, and for the next 4-5 months, stuff in Java).

It's our project,by the community for the community.

Sakura made a valid point. It's your project, you started it.

These "community" projects tend to die very soon. Why? Because nobody makes a cent with it.

After all, why someone would expend time on a project without getting paid for?

You might get help here and there, but if you really want this project to succeed then you'll need to do most things on your own.

Good luck.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

OK forgot everything I have just made, I got back together with my main partner and we are making great progress atm and new current information.

Current status:

• Forum is almost done
  • Client is getting close to Alpha testing
  • Merged with the DYCCG group and we collab together
  • Have a working server
  • Have a system or 2nd server ready for anyone to submit their scripts to the server
  • And other features TBA

https://bitbucket.org/LogicalInjustice/injusticeccg/ << Client/Download homepage (Not in Alpha, so just for show.)

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0Bzg5H26FijmJZm55YmdyUU9sX1E << Currently on-going Archetype contest for last archetype to be added to the main database for Alpha testing and on-going.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/1464871453807949/ << Our DYCCG Collab partners

And the forum will be up as soon as we have our staff ready and other things setup. I'll keep with the updating

2015-09-12_1509.png

I'm curious: Do those who program the cards for YGOPro (and DevPro) use software that automatically generates the .lua files (the scripts, I mean)?

-If yes, would it be too difficult to let us use it?

-If not, is it worth making one? It would help many of the card makers, but I think that:

a) It may just be better for one or more people with free time in their hands to code the cards.

b) The joy wouldn't last long.

Not to mention it could take months for a non-professional programmer (especially if he/she works alone) to make one.

Also, what are the extra .dll files at DevPro for?

There is no card effect generator; it is still like programming, but there is alot of support out their for helping beginners get started.

Coding cards is a convenience because once you have it scripted, you can play offline against an AI somewhere, play a friend, play online, and never have to worry about rulings or mechanics of the card again.

the .dll files are program dependencies Windows needs to run the program, such as the SQLite Databases, which is in the file Cards.cdb

http://www.ygopro.co/Forum/tabid/95/g/posts/InjusticeCCG-Client-with-the-InzektorPro-Social-Platform?m=122261#post122261

Here is our current status update along with a preview of our forum in development and the Summon we are testing called Warp Summoning.

I have zero knowledge of programming.

I have limited time to keep up with an ever-growing third-party custom format in terms of reviewing what people deliver, but I could take a look and try to help as little as it might be once you are at that stage of the project.

Another thing: If you are looking for any artists, I could probably be of help.

Well, that is, if you are fine with my skill level and my not working digitally.

This is no portfolio, and some drawings were made with more detail than others, but this should give an idea of what you'd be able to expect from me:
http://sleepy17.deviantart.com/gallery/?catpath=/

I don't think it matters if you're digital or not, so you should be fine.

As for coding cards, one thing I can recommend is just c/p'ing stuff off of existing cards. 

While that won't give the answers to ALL cards you want; it'll at least get you most of what you need. 

(It's good to learn how to write stuff from scratch though, so you can do stuff that the existing pool doesn't have yet)

Come to think of it, I kinda need to write a short coding guide too (provided I am not busy trying to do sticker projects in Java; yes, I have to cross-program [in addition to retaining whatever knowledge I have in C])

I have zero knowledge of programming.

I have limited time to keep up with an ever-growing third-party custom format in terms of reviewing what people deliver, but I could take a look and try to help as little as it might be once you are at that stage of the project.

Another thing: If you are looking for any artists, I could probably be of help.

Well, that is, if you are fine with my skill level and my not working digitally.

This is no portfolio, and some drawings were made with more detail than others, but this should give an idea of what you'd be able to expect from me:

http://sleepy17.deviantart.com/gallery/?catpath=/

ascended_dragon_by_sleepy17-d8nqax1.jpg

<< I like this. My objective is just to not have Mspaint art or generic anime girls and something relating actual art. If you would like to help with the art etc, that would be great for either of you. I have a bundle put together anyway that helps people make cards for deployment. Includes a script editor with syntax (also the code for it is open source), portable GIMP, Magic Set Editor, Ygo Card Packer, and other goodies that require little or no installation.

Archived