[Deck Discussion] Ancient Rules-Centric Decks: Are All-Normal Monster Decks Possible?

So, a card I've seen mentioned on the wiki a lot is Ancient Rules. It's been making me think:

Is it possible to make a deck full of nothing but high-leveled normal monsters and spells and traps?

If you have any experience with this sort of deck, have secondhand knowledge, or just theorized it before, please discuss below.

To get the full use of Ancient Rules needs cards like Underdog. Luckily, Normal Monsters have a ton of support so you can easily make a Functional Deck using just them. Also with some of the more recent Red Eyes support and the Like it's never been a better time to run Normals.

One deck I used for a bit on DN was an A Legendary Ocean beatdown deck that focused on using that card's level reducing effect to swarm the Field with monsters, such as Giga Gagagigo and Terrorking Salmon, along with Normal Monster support such as Heart of the Underdog and Cry Havoc! It was pretty fun although it was slow and inconsistent.

Some powerful support for Normal Monsters include:

First of the Dragons: Has a nice 2700 ATK and is very easy to summon. Works best in a deck that includes Polymerization or Dragon's Mirror along with normal monsters already, but if you have space you could always add it for this. Its effect is amazing as it can shut down monster-heavy decks which lack removal by Spells/Traps. I remember once my opponent summoned Quasar whilst I had this out, yet they had no way to remove it. They quit because they would of decked out.

Summoner's Art: Searches for your Blue-Eyes or whatever you're using. Very powerful card, but you need to make sure you have enough ways to use that monster so it's not just a dead draw. This isn't difficult though, as you can discard it with Trade-In for extra draws, Fuse it into First of The Dragons (or other monsters), activate it as a Pendulum Scale if it's a Pendulum Monster, or of course summon it via Ancient Rules, Pendulum Summon, or even just Tribute Summoning it.

Archived