Photo

Golden Gate Empire | Closed Until Further Notice

- - - - - Brawler Fantasy Action

Necrobump!

Guest, the last post on this topic is over 30 days old and a new post will be considered as necrobumping!

• Please log in to reply
210 replies to this topic

Dad

Dad

We give no fucks about the way that you feelin'.

• Topic Starter
  • Juice
  • 14,790 posts
    Last Visit Apr 11 2019 10:58 PM
  • Discord:Pops#5515
  • Alias:Dad
  • Spouse:Hip-hop

The Witch

>Frenzy Plant

;)

In any case, Morgan looks good.

Drowning in your silence.

Aix

Aix

Spicy

• Wise Wolf
  • 5,722 posts
    Last Visit May 03 2019 03:02 AM
  • Alias:Aix
  • Spouse:CowCow

Weeeeeeeee're gonna have to talk this one over.  It's a very interesting weapon she has, but it seems overwhelming.  It's like, what, a 3 hit instagib?  I'll talk this over with UE and get back to you.

It's an unblockable attack, but the scissors are difficult to use considering how large they are, and it's still perfectly possibly to parry or dodge. The scissors literally have to cut you in two to kill you, and for most, being cut in half already means you're dead. It's just especially effective against people who rely on defense or regeneration. Also, it can cut things like explosives so they don't explode and simply disintegrate.

On another note, I've made her physical abilities basically equal to the physical abilities of Servants in the Fate/ franchise, which may or may not be overpowered. (Although, I don't think so, considering we have dinosaurs that can lift 10 tons)

All in all, she's a just a decently strong close combat fighter who has a powerful but unwieldy weapon.

Holosig_zps64f5cd08.jpg

Dad

Dad

• Topic Starter
  • Juice
  • 14,790 posts

It's an unblockable attack, but the scissors are difficult to use considering how large they are, and it's still perfectly possibly to parry or dodge. The scissors literally have to cut you in two to kill you, and for most, being cut in half already means you're dead. It's just especially effective against people who rely on defense or regeneration. Also, it can cut things like explosives so they don't explode and simply disintegrate.

On another note, I've made her physical abilities basically equal to the physical abilities of Servants in the Fate/ franchise, which may or may not be overpowered. (Although, I don't think so, considering we have dinosaurs that can lift 10 tons)

All in all, she's a just a decently strong close combat fighter who has a powerful but unwieldy weapon.

That comforts me a lot actually.  It's much more. .  .clear cut.  AHAHAHAHA.  I regret nothing.  With that being said, Etheria has peaked my interest.

• Aix likes this

Power Armour

Power Armour

This post you are reading is probably bait.

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 84 posts
    Last Visit Apr 19 2016 12:53 AM

WIP app.

"Keep your eyes on your enemy first, your prize second."

~Roboute Guilliman, father of Mareneus Guilliman, otherwise known as Mareneus Calgar.                                                  

Name:  Mareneus Authurus Calgar (Guilliman is his birth name, he doesn't know that.)
Age: Physical Age 35, Actual Age impossible to determine unless he dies due to physical augmentation.
Species: Homo sapiens Augenous (Augmented Human)
More detail later.
Appearance:
869428b.jpg99120101106_CenturionDevastatorSquadNEW0

Mareneus Calgar weighs around 20 stone in pure muscle and is 6 feet 6 inches without armour. He has brilliant white-grey hair and a very angular jaw, with a mouth filled with straight, gleaming white teeth. His remaining eye is a brilliant green while the other resembles a monocle with various mechanical appendagex grafted to his face. His Terminator Armour extends his height to 7 feet 4 inches, and is adorned with all kinds of prayers, codes of honor and teachings he lives by. It is a brilliant blue and is decorated with white and gold. 

His Centurion Armour is huge, extending him to 10 feet 8 inches and is rather angular, but as Calgar had to complete it with half finished plans it appears to have several weaknesses, and instead of being helmetless, he gains a red helmet with a white plume, similar to a Roman Centurion.
Biography:
Mareneus Authurus Calgar, what a name. It is one that commands respect but recently, the name Calgar has disappeared, dropped, seemingly, off the face of the earth and yet he has returned.

After his sole father figure, Lord Authurus Macragge, from whom he got his middle name from, committed suicide after learning that Gerald-'Bloody-f*cking'-Dillinger of all men was buying out Macragge industries. Sickened, he took his own life. Calgar, who had been raised from an infant since his parents had abandoned him by Lord Macragge himself, was his sole bodyguard, his mirror, sword and shield and Calgar felt he had failed his job in protecting him. Calgar had taken all Adeptus Astartes materiel and disappeared, leaving his sour half-brother to wallow in despair. Calgar had to plan his revenge.

Now, all these years later, getting the message from Gerald all these years later, 42 years later, after modifications and tests and bodyguarding services to raise funds, this was the oppurtunity he needed.
One of twelve, to stay at the best hotel in the world, with the shot of winning payback, internal peace, respect and least importantly to Mareneus, 100 billion dollars.

Mareneus Authurus Calgar is a name that will not only be synonymous with Loyalty, Generosity, Respect and Inspiration, but also, Revenge.

Personality:
Stalwart, just and loyal, these best describe the steel-minded azure warrior whom hails from England. Calgar isn't afraid to get his hands dirty and will not take any reservations in this tournament. A master tactician, his highly augmented brain helps him analyze angles, force and relative strength, which help in any situation. A vengeful soul, he will follow a goal with reckless abandon, to the detriment of his own safety or others. He will champion the weak, and cut the egotistical down to size. He has a will of titanium and an armour made of sterner stuff, but his only weakness, is his pride. He's no iconoclast, he plays the game, or wishes not to change the rules.

Weapons of Choice:
Hammer of Macragge - A large two handed hammer with ornate skulls all around it. Once owned by British Lord Macragge, given to Calgar under terms of his will.
Bolter - Small, one handed SMG that fires 9mm bullets at 12 rounds per second. The bullets have the Knight's code of honour carved into them.
Reaper Sword - A nicely made, one handed, permanently sharp shortsword about four feet long once owned by Macragge's only heir, his son, but he was uninterested in the ornate silver blade and so handed it to his father's then bodyguard Calgar after the funeral as a 'dismissal gift' and compensation for being put out of a job. It's true nature is unknown.

Powers Array:
He Shall Know No Fear - Calgar does not 'Run away' in one on one confrontation, he will only retreat for safety of civilians and innocents. It is a curse and blessing of his augmentations. Disobeying this impulse causes extreme pain to Calgar it is debilitating.
Mark IX Macragge Industries Adeptus Astartes TERMINATOR CLASS Armour -- ARTIFICER VARIANT- A blue, gold and white ornate suit of power armour unable to be used by regular humans. This amplifies his already unnatural strength, but limits his mobility greatly, going for size and power over maneuverability and agility. There is a weak spot in the power core on his back, but it is heavily armoured but if it can be opened, Calgar is in serious trouble. This armour is 7ft4in in height and weighs three tonnes, meaning he cannot leave terra firma easily.
Mark VIII Macragge Industries Adeptus Astartes CENTURION CLASS Armour -- ARTIFICER VARIANT- Calgar can occasionaly come to fight in a Centurion Armour rather than his Terminator Armour, however, the Centurion Armour is even bigger and slower than Terminator Armour and was not completed by Macragge himself before he died, the remaining work was done by Calgar himself based on half finished plans and as a result, it is somewhat less reliable than one would expect and has noticeable weakspots, most notably on the left shoulder joint, the fuel pipeline running down the left forearm and the exposed pipes near the neck. This armour is 10ft8in in height and weights 7 tonnes.
Expert Leader - Educated every aspect of war, Calgar has been educated in the art of leadership and war to lead the now defunct Security Detail of elite augmented humans. Calgar has an inspiring aura that means sometimes, people will randomly come to his aid. The science is very imprecise and only works on other members of the Macragge Security Detail 100% of the time. Odds on other members will not appear.

Trivia:

-Mareneus Calgar has an incredible poker face. Never play with him.
-Calgar also competed in the Olympic Games just before his augmentations in every throwing event and single handedly won more gold medals than any other athlete worldwide during said games.
-Calgar's left eye is actually prosthetic, connected like a camera hardwired to his brain.

Edit1:Typing on a WiiU sucks.
Edit2:Added more things. What do you guys think? Too long descriptions? Overpowered? I want to know for balance purposes.
Edit3:Added s'more stuff, bio and slight changes here and there.
Edit4:Almost....there....
Edit6:Done.

Edited by VK-DEVIL, 13 June 2015 - 04:15 PM.

erhtrjymnbfthrnj

...there's a huge change I was making sure a Gelbooru link didn't stick in my clipboard =D

my face when klav browses gelbooru.   684.gif

Dad

Dad

• Topic Starter
  • Juice
  • 14,790 posts

WIP app.

Name:  Mareneus Calgar
Age: Physical Age 35, Actual Age impossible to determine unless he dies due to physical augmentation.
Species: Homo sapiens Augenous (Augmented Human)
More detail later.

Appearance

Biography:  Nothing yet.
Personality: Nothing yet.
Weapon(s) of choice

Power Array

Misc.

Edit: Typing on a WiiU sucks.
Edit2:Added more things. What do you guys think? Too long descriptions? Overpowered? I want to know for balance purposes.

This is a very cool app. I'm quite invested already. don't see any power problems, considering Cal is already nearly immobile. His strength is a fair trade-off. Looking good.

Aix

Aix

Spicy

• Wise Wolf
  • 5,722 posts
    Last Visit May 03 2019 03:02 AM
  • Alias:Aix
  • Spouse:CowCow

Complete Gary Stu

• Dad likes this

Holosig_zps64f5cd08.jpg

Power Armour

Power Armour

This post you are reading is probably bait.

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 84 posts
    Last Visit Apr 19 2016 12:53 AM

Mareneus Authurus Calgar is complete.

Just thought I'd say.

erhtrjymnbfthrnj

...there's a huge change I was making sure a Gelbooru link didn't stick in my clipboard =D

my face when klav browses gelbooru.   684.gif

Dad

Dad

• Topic Starter
  • Juice
  • 14,790 posts

Because creating special powers is fun WIP

This is super fucking cool.  I do have to question all knowledge though.  If he does have all knowledge, does this allow him to already know every inherent strength and weakness of his foe?  It's a huge power boost if he already knows his foe inside and out.  That being said, he has to be able to act on that.  I do love the app though.  Looking forward to more.

Just thought I'd say.

Understood.  Already giving applications and W.I.P.s a once over.

I'll have an update with date / time for when we are ready to begin.  And if you don't realize already, you are able to create more than 1 character if you so wish.

Astolfo

Astolfo

rider of black

• Resident Trap
  • 4,125 posts
    Last Visit Jan 14 2019 07:27 PM
  • Alias:Neph
Finished my app
Take a look please (*•̀ᴗ•́*)و ̑̑
  • Dad likes this

Astolfo [CV: Ohkubo Rumi] - "BA-LLL-MUUU-NNN-GGG!"

Dad

Dad

• Topic Starter
  • Juice
  • 14,790 posts

Just thought I'd say.

VK.  It's come to my attention that Mareneus Calgar is not an original creation of yours.  Perhaps the application was not clear, but you must create an original character or cite one from a role-play you've used said character in before.  You are not allowed to use a Warhammer40k character (as awesome as he is) to be your character in the Secret Cup Tournament.  I'm going to have to decline Calgar without further review.

You may however, develop an original character of any race or breed you can think of (within the application parameters of course) to enter into the tournament.  You can create aliens, you can create dinosaurs, full a.i. mecha, giants, living lightning entities, etc.  You have a lot of room to let your imagination run wild.  Try to create something fun and unique and stick with us.

宇佐見 蓮子@C94

宇佐見 蓮子@C94

星降る夜のユートピア

• 千本桜
  • 3,304 posts
    Last Visit Aug 01 2019 04:15 AM
  • Discord:Toyo#5410
  • Alias:Toyo
  • Spouse:Nai and an Airsoft model of an Arctic Warfare Magnum

Totally Not A Ripoff.char

Posted Image

Maeriberii Haan

Maeriberii Haan

Dr. Latency

• Aurora
  • 10,329 posts
    Last Visit Jul 14 2019 12:51 PM
  • Alias:Nai

The Girl of of the Sphere of Neither Common Sense or Nonsense

Aaand, done. Some things might still need to be reworked, but I think she's done.

Posted Image

VCR_CAT

VCR_CAT

Video Cassette Kitteh

• Omnic
  • 2,857 posts
    Last Visit Jan 23 2019 07:53 PM
  • Spouse:Pizza

I hope this is to your satisfaction!

Name: Dirk Rider

Species: MOSTLY human. "Government Property" let's say.

Appearance:

Standing at an even 6 feet tall, Dirk's a sight to behold. With his blonde hair styled in a show-y pompadour, side-burns framing his face, and a cigarette seemingly constantly sticking out of that smug grin on his face; Dirk wears his usual fashion of a faded, old leather jacket and faded, tight jeans with pride. Granted, this style will come across as mostly outdated to everyone he meets and who can blame them; high-top boots are more worn by goths now-a-days than anything, and who wears a fingerless glove on one hand anyways? But if there's one thing Dirk's got going for him, it's that this is an obsolete fashion that he owns as best as he can. Besides, new clothes are expensive anyways...

Biography

Personality

Combat Info

Themes

PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA

giphy.gif

u8g1mOv.jpg

Cosmo.

Cosmo.

Whatthef***ever.

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,319 posts
    Last Visit Mar 10 2017 04:20 PM

Xvignette_zps578dff7a.png

| The Lady with the Eye of the World |

Sorry Nai for using your beloved Koishi, but i love her design.

• Dad likes this

Dad

Dad

• Topic Starter
  • Juice
  • 14,790 posts

I hope this is to your satisfaction!

Name: Dirk Rider

Species: MOSTLY human. "Government Property" let's say.

Appearance:

Standing at an even 6 feet tall, Dirk's a sight to behold. With his blonde hair styled in a show-y pompadour, side-burns framing his face, and a cigarette seemingly constantly sticking out of that smug grin on his face; Dirk wears his usual fashion of a faded, old leather jacket and faded, tight jeans with pride. Granted, this style will come across as mostly outdated to everyone he meets and who can blame them; high-top boots are more worn by goths now-a-days than anything, and who wears a fingerless glove on one hand anyways? But if there's one thing Dirk's got going for him, it's that this is an obsolete fashion that he owns as best as he can. Besides, new clothes are expensive anyways...

Biography

Personality

Combat Info

Themes

The Lady with the Eye of the World | WIP

Sorry Nai for using your beloved Koishi, but i love her design.

Looking pretty damn awesome guys.  Interest is piqued.

Just to clear up some things, I'm hoping to get this started no later than Monday evening (5-7 pm Central Time) at the latest.  If there are still W.I.P.'s at the time, the rp will start with the characters that have been accepted, and applications will remain open.  In addition, just in case we don't reach 12 characters for the full tournament bracket, I will leave applications open then as well.  And finally, for preemptive measure, I've decided not to confirm "accepted" characters until we're ready to begin. 

THAT DOES NOT MEAN YOU HAVE BEEN DENIED.  In fact it means most of you are already guaranteed a spot.  I have, however, thought that in the case of getting more or less than the amount of characters/players desired, it would be best to wait until the last moment to confirm entries.  So, if you guys have W.I.P.s, get to em as soon as you can.  And don't worry if you can't finish them by tomorrow evening.  The applications will remain open.

Looking forward to playing with all of you.

Yui

Yui

The Yurricane

• Jack of All Trades
  • 3,737 posts
    Last Visit
  • Alias:Yui

I wound up going through a lot of different ideas before ending up with this one lol

Noya

• Dad likes this

Posted Image

you're just a well-rounded, gatorade-drinking gif machine that looks like He-Man and Shaggy had a lovechild.

stuff I've won

Cosmo.

Cosmo.

Whatthef***ever.

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,319 posts

App is done!

• Dad likes this

Cosmo.

Cosmo.

Whatthef***ever.

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,319 posts

Oh and in case you haven't checked, i added a new ability along with the bio and personality. Just making sure you know

Astolfo

Astolfo

rider of black

• Resident Trap
  • 4,125 posts
    Last Visit Jan 14 2019 07:27 PM
  • Alias:Neph
Uh, wouldn't that third ability be like "screw you, you're a slave now."
Most people wouldn't have any reason to hate your character anyways.

Also, just wondering, but how strong of a hit can the ribbons take?
And how fast do they move to block things?

Astolfo [CV: Ohkubo Rumi] - "BA-LLL-MUUU-NNN-GGG!"

Cosmo.

Cosmo.

Whatthef***ever.

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,319 posts

Uh, wouldn't that third ability be like "screw you, you're a slave now."
Most people wouldn't have any reason to hate your character anyways.

Also, just wondering, but how strong of a hit can the ribbons take?
And how fast do they move to block things?

The ability has limitations, like if it's an opponent in battle or if they hate her immensely it wouldn't work. It is a bit unnecessary, but you never know how useful it could get. 

The ribbons would basically be a whip. And the blocking is very fast almost instant, so the way to go would be not using projectiles since she can stop them.

Might remove the Soul of Love ability but idk, i wanted it to have something more

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users