Golden Gate Empire | Closed Until Further Notice

Dad

• Replies 206
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Mephisto's Chain: Forged in the fires hell, this chain is nearly indestructible by conventional means. As Mephisto's weapon choice, Tyson was at first reluctant to use this artifact in battle, but after learning of it's ability to extend itself indefinitely, he quickly changed his tune.

Shepherd of Fire: Tyson has the ability to generate, control, and project the flames of Hell at will. Hellfire is a mystical flame that burns both the soul and physical body of it’s victims, making it effective against spirits, beings of energy, as well as entities that would usual be immune to fire. Though not impossible to extinguish by conventional mean this flames are far more intense then any earthly fire, and those who are consumed by them will be incinerated to the point of leaving no by product, soul or otherwise. He can utilize this fire in various ways, including expelling it from his eyes, hands, and mouth, or channeling it through his weapons to augment them. Tyson is also capable to generating solid constructs such as limbs and walls of flame, but lacks the skill and or knowledge to create more complicated structures. 

Nearly-Indestructible seems a little too OP, and Shepherd of Fire sounds like two abilities in one; despite "Solid Fire" making absolutely no sense.

Mephisto's Chain: Forged in the fires hell, this chain is nearly indestructible by conventional means. As Mephisto's weapon choice, Tyson was at first reluctant to use this artifact in battle, but after learning of it's ability to extend itself indefinitely, he quickly changed his tune.

Mephisto: Knowing that his champion would need more than Hell fire to win this contest of earth’s mightiest combatants, in an act of twisted irony, Lucifer chose to bond him with Mephisto, the very demon that was responsible for Tyson’s torment. Sealing the arch-demon’s consciousness within the man’s psyche, he granted him the knowledge and insight he would need to give him an edge in combat. Mephisto able to see the world using senses that transcend Tyson’s own, and communicate with his vict- partner through their telepathic link; alerting him to dangers he would otherwise not register, and offering him combat strategies, and an effective counter to foes who use hypnotism and illusion. This bond also allows Mephisto to manipulate Tyson’s body as if it were his own, but he meets extreme residents every time he attempts to do so.

I love Tyson so far.  But lets discuss this Mephisto's Chain.  I actually have no issue with the chain itself being indestructible.  What does bother me is the ability to extend it forever.  You could quite easily wrap it around the arena and assume indefinite control.  Let's give it a maximum length, yeah?  The arenas will be fairly large, so at most, 20 meters wouldn't be unreasonable.  Though this will be up for debate, and I'll mention it with my co-host.

Now I feel like I made my guy too weak :/

Also, what I meant by "solid fire" making no sense, is that it's really impossible; it's not a thing.

No, I understand.  Flames are not solid.  When you say a "wall of fire", I would think "oh, a long staggering length of flames that are x high".  Not "sheetrock made of fire".  I guess I can touch on that a bit more. 

Yea, I've been reading ALOT of ghost rider this week... ^^; I'll admit that the concept of solid fire is a little out there, but I've seen it done.

It's a rather fuzzy concept.  It has been done, I acknowledge that.  But in rp terms, it does seem iffy.  At most, I could see a barrier of flames (kind of like what I mentioned above).  But flame hands or a burning torso is a no.

No, I understand. Flames are not solid. When you say a "wall of fire", I would think "oh, a long staggering length of flames that are x high". Not "sheetrock made of fire". I guess I can touch on that a bit more.

It's a rather fuzzy concept. It has been done, I acknowledge that. But in rp terms, it does seem iffy. At most, I could see a barrier of flames (kind of like what I mentioned above). But flame hands or a burning torso is a no.

Ok, easily changed.

Ok, easily changed.

Good stuff.  And you are good to go on 20 meters for your chain.  So I think that all checks out.  And now if I can just find the damn--AHA!  I found it.  The countdown timer.

THE TOURNAMENT WILL BE CONSIDERED LIVE.

wait a second i added another last power!

It has been discussed with my co-host, and the power is deemed too strong.  You'll have to drop it Cosmo.  I'm sorry.  In the future, send me or my co-host a private message discussing a change you'd like to make to your application before changing it.  We will discuss it and come to an agreement.

As of this moment, the main thread is live.  You've been given an open start, so please do what you may until the bracket has been announced.  I'll be giving IG time of day, so you know how long it will be until the tournament starts.

That would certainly explain it.

So, another thing. It's safe to assume that everyone is in the same place right now, correct? Cause in my first post I'll briefly be going over the other characters probably.

Yeah, we all should be on that platform thing.

Archived