Dark Magician of Archaic Runes [Dark Sage retrain]

Philemon

Yhr0Z4c.jpg

[spoiler=Ye olde Magick user]Cannot be Normal Summoned/Set. Must first be Special Summoned (from your hand) by Tributing 1 "Dark Magician" from your side of the field. All face-down Spell Cards on your side of the field are treated as Speed Spell 2 cards. If this card leaves the field due to your opponents effect, add one Spell Card from your Deck or Graveyard to your Hand.

Been awhile since I tried my hand at the retrain game. My last Dark Magician one was Dark Magician cosplaying as a knight, but I took a different spin with this one. Couldn't really find a way to work in Timeatus sadly. His effect is a mixture of the anime's and his real effects. Not quite sure if it works well (which is why I'm putting it in casual) or if the text is right.

Have at it.

I dig it! It makes Dark Sage a hell of a lot more useful. And the Spell Speed 2 effect was pretty creative.

Thank you. Poor old man should have been an early ace for the Dark Magician archtype, but instead ended up as a big lumbering load.

The Spell Speed 2 effect, to my knowledge, doesn't exist anywhere else in the game, so I wasn't sure how to word it. Seems fine thou. I based it off the old rules of the game, as in the Duelist Kingdom arc ones, where you could activate normal Spells during the battle phase and I merged it with Dark Sage's anime effect, where you could directly activate a Spell card from your hand during either players turn.

Archived